custody | kth (wattys2017)

By shooknae

Best Ranking: #4 "You don't strike me as a professional criminal" "That's what makes me so good at it" -- K... More

Trailer!
Prologue
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
New book!
[39]
[40]

[21]

24.8K 1.3K 589
By shooknae

The next morning , I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off, the one I hadn't even set the previous night. Groaning, I turned it off before rolling over to the other side of the bed and cracking an eye open.

A tiny note was stuck onto the pillow beside me, the one I wasn't laying on. Rubbing my eyes I reached out before squinting at the beautiful handwritten text.

"Breakfast is in the oven. Tub is full of hot water if you wanna have a bath. I'll see you in the afternoon.
-V"

---

Let's just say I had a great start to the day and instead of driving to the police station as usual, I drove straight to the hospital because mom>work.

"Morning ma! " I yelled the moment I stepped into the ward, making the lady grin and stretch her arms out for a hug.

Taehyung had left breakfast, enough to fill everyone in the family. It was too delicious to be made by someone like him, so I assumed, his rich ass must have had one of his top class chefs make it for me.

"Breakfast is here" I served the contents I had brought in a box into a plate before handing it to her and she accepted it with a smile on her face.

"It smells nice. Did you make it?" She asked before picking up some with a spoon.

"No, a friend did" I bit the insides of my cheek subconsciously as she tasted it. The eyebrow raise with a smirk on her face, accompanied by a nod of approval showed that she was totally impressed.

"Is it Taehyung?" She teased and it felt nice that she rememberd his name.

"He can't cook. But yeah, he left it in the oven " I mumbled.

"Oh, so he stayed last night?" She teased further, the fake amusement clear in her voice.

"Mum.." I trailed off.

"Did he?"

"Yeah" I didn't even know why my cheeks were heating up. This was nothing.

"Aha~" She chuckled and I only glared at her for a second or two before distracting myself to pour her a glass of warm water.

"Did you share your bed with him?" She added.

"I don't remember. The last thing i noticed was that he carried me to bed and tucked me in-"

"Aww " She grinned wide, placing her spoon down to reach out and pinch my cheeks, "all these years of staying single and you finally found a guy who tucks you in bed".

"Ma, nah-"

"Shush!" She silenced me, shaking her head, "it sucked to have you come cry to me while I laid there unable to do anything Ji..".

I was taken aback by her words. Silence was all I could offer when this only brought nothing but sadness.

"I could see, hear and smell everything but whats the point? I couldn't even blink " She laughed a laugh that sounded painful and forced, "i remember everything though. The way your father and you would take turns to come sit beside me, only to ball your eyes out-" She swallowed before closing her eyes for a second.

"You're back now" I held onto her hands.

"Yes" She grinned after a long pause, " and I completely approve of Tae!".

"We are not in a relationship" I tried.

"Oh bullshit!" She laughed, "you kissed him last night didn't you?"

"What? Yes but how? How do you know" I panicked, "Oh mum!"

"Kinda guessed" She shrugged, "I know you".

"We aren't dating" I said again.

"But you like him" She said with a mouth full of food.

I smiled at how adorable she looked, her eyes glistening in the sunlight that seeped through the while hospital curtains, "I don't- I mean, at least not in the way you think I do".

"Who am I?" She raised a brow.

"Mum" I answered.

"Exactly, and when I tell you that you like him, I know for sure that you do" She reasoned.

I shook my head, looking away from her piercing eyes that were similar to my own. "I don't know. He has mentioned things like 'wanting to see me with a ring on my finger' before.." I stared, being careful to modify Taehyung's words because it was my mother I was talking to, " but it's complicated. We barely know each other and we've only met a few times. We aren't even good friends" I frowned.

"But he brought me back" She smiled, tucking a strand of my own hair behind my ear, "spend some time with him and you will know him better".

"Hmm.." I nodded.

"He likes you a lot" She added on and I rolled my eyes, "How do you know?"

"Isn't it obvious? He gives you the look your father used to give me" She spoke while blushing and I wanted to cringe and die but also squish her at the same time.

"Ma!?" I chuckled, not wanting to make a statement.

"You two" She pushed the now empty plate away, "get married and give me grandchildren ".

"Oh God! Stop" I stood up, flustered and clearly uncomfortable. Grabbing the empty plate I moved away, "Why are you like this?".

Just then, my phone went ping and I had to reach out into my purse to get it out.

From: dad

Go to the Daegu International Airport now. Don't forget to take your badge.

---

Passing through the security gates, I approached the terminals and through, to the sides where a lone plane was parked away from the rest.

Surrounded by a large number of men in uniforms, the plane stood tall and broad, clearly meant to fly oversees and carry a heavy load.

"Officer!" Some of them saluted and I adjusted the belt of my uniform, sighing and jogging my way through them.

Dad had to send a message and interrupt the quality time I was having  with mother, but this was job, and I knew how annoyed he'd get if I didn't do what I was supposed to do, so here I was, at the airport, exactly twenty minutes after I'd recieved the text.

My skin burned under the uniform clad body due to the hot sun and I had to squint and place a hand over my brows for some shade.

"Is this the one?" I asked, pointing at the airplane the moment I noticed Jihyun.

"Yeah" he answered, "V's property. That son of a bitch is filthy rich" he commented.

I bit my lip, trying my best not to snap at him for saying what he said.

"Weapons huh?" I asked, taking a look at the monster like plane.

"Full of it" he sighed, still pissed at what Taehyung could afford.

"Let's take a look" I shrugged calmly before waltzing my way up the steps and into the aircraft.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 2.4K 19
What will happen when the stars are re-written to rewrite the fate? A kind, humble, handsome, dominant and a bit possessive singer, Kim Taehyung, is...
160K 7K 45
A story in which Jungkook is a mafia leader whose identity is a secret to the world, while Taehyung is the son of Jungkook's worst enemy. With the he...
1M 60.7K 80
[COMPLETED] Jungpapi🔥 Do you mix concrete for a living? Because you're making me hard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮ Taeconda💦 Are you Donald Trump? Because you're...
546K 37.8K 84
"Everything about you...Is what I want to show love to.." In a small and shady town, there are many things that could happen. Detective and head chie...