He WAS My Bestfriend

By NotJust_Cruella

Rewriting as "Throwback" by thecomebackofodri More

He WAS My Bestfriend
Chapter 1: Since we're "Locker Neighbors"
Chapter 2: Ah, the old days.
Chapter 3: The First Girl he Brought Here
Chapter 4: Let's Have Some Girl Time
Chapter 5: The Music Deal
Chapter 6: Home Alone... Ironic
Chapter 8: Tears and Revelations
Chapter 9: Be There With You
THANK YOU, GUYS!
Chapter 10: Berry Cake
My 1k reads Promise
Chapter 11: Shopping is Tiring
SHORT ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 12: Just A Friendly Movie Date
Cast Discussion
Chapter 13: My Knight in... Nikes?
Chapter 14: Someone had to do it!
Chapter 15: Shocked and Unmoving
Chapter 16: Gym Class
Chapter 17: Cafรฉs and Apologies
Important
Chapter 18: Too Fast to Realize
SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT
Chapter 19: I Can Be, If I Want To
Chapter 20: Guidebooks
Chapter 21: Going Home with a Surprise
SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 7: The Masquerade Party

549 14 7
By NotJust_Cruella

Monica's P.O.V.

.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·FR!DAY.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·

I looked at my gown in awe. I caressed the soft fabric in my hands. It was indeed, beautiful. It was currently 5:00 pm and my dress for tomorow had just arrived.

I called Brandon up and after two rings he picked up, "Hey, what's up?" he answered.

"The outfits arrived. Am I gonna drop your tux off or are you picking it up?" I went straight to the point.

"Wow. Nice greeting." he said sarcastically.

"Well, you asked 'what's up' so I didn't beat around the bush."

"Whatever smartass. Be there in 10."

"10? Don't go overboard, young man."

"Yes, mother." he played along. I can practically hear him smile on the other line.

"Just shut up and come." I rolled my eyes.

"Jeez, cum already? You didn't even blow me." he joked. I scrunched my face up.

"Ew. Brandon stop being such a teenage boy and stop your darn hormones for a minute." that made him laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll go now, bye." but before he can hang up, I did.

I grinned and picked up my gown again. I put it in front of my body as I looked at the mirror. I twirled making the dress flutter. After some minutes, the doorbell rang. I put my dress on my bed and answered the front door downstairs.

"Hi Br-" I paused as I looked at the person on my doorstep. It was definitely not Brandon.

"Josh?" I continued.

"Hi Mony." he smiled in a way that makes other girls melt. Too bad I'm not one of those girls.

"Not to be rude or anything but what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came by to bring cupcakes. My mom, uh, I told her that you're a classmate and she told me to give these to you." he said looking rather, flushed.

"Come in." I moved aside. He walked in and I followed him, closing the door.

"You drove here to give me cupcakes?" I raised an eyebrow. Last time I knew, they live a few miles away.

"It's not that far actually. We moved in three blocks to your house." he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly with his free hand.

"Oh, okay. Tell your mom I said thanks for the cupcakes and It'd be nice to see her sometime." I smiled and recieved the cupcakes.

"Will do. Are you going anywhere tomorrow night?" he asked.

"Uh yeah. I'm going to a party, why?" he gave me a ridiculous look as if not believing what just came out of my mouth.

"Don't look at me like that. It's Via's 18th birthday and she wants Brandon and I to come."

"Brandon?" he asked, I nodded.

"Yes, Brandon." I answered.

His face fell as he said "oh." I narrowed my eyes at him. Why was he acting like this?

Ding-Dong

I never felt so relieved that the doorbell rang. I opened the door and there stood a smiling Brandon.

"Hi M- What's Josh Reid doing here?" he lowered his voice.

"His mom told him to give me some cupcakes," I held the box of cupcakes up a little to gesture to it.

"Oh, Okay. Can I see the clothes now?" I nodded as I went back to Josh.

"Wait, Mony, where is it?" Brandon asked as he approached Josh and I.

"It's in my room. Try not to mess it up so much, though. You'll find it hard to put it back in the box if you do." I suggested, he nodded and carried on upstairs.

"What was he talking about?" Josh asked.

"His tux. It came with my gown." I shrugged.

"Okay. I should probably get going now. Bye, Mony." he smiled. I led him to the front door where he went out and disappeared in his Mercedes.

I slipped back inside and upstairs to my room. Brandon was looking at my gown while the top of the box of his tuxedo was open, meaning he took it off and took a look at it.

"You'll look beautiful in that. It's really perfect for you." he smiled at me gesturing to the dress.

"Thanks. I like it, really. I mean the sleeves are long and it doesn't invade my cleavage." he chuckled at the last part as I said it.

"Yeah, but the back though." he said with an uneasy face. I can see why, the dress was completely backless leaving my back bare.

"Nah. Don't worry about it." I waved my hand dissmisively. He narrowed his eyes at me but nodded slowly.

"So, I'm going now." he said grabbing the box with his tuxedo in it. Before he could leave though, I grabbed his wrist.

"No. Stay. I want you to stay with me. We could play video games and watch tv then we'll order pizza or chinese or something for dinner. Just leave when it's late already," I paused then added with a puppy dog face, "Please." he gulped then blinked a couple times before sighing and giving in.

"ThankYou,ThankYou. You're the best." I said while hugging him. I let go and skipped downstairs to the living room. I connected my XBox that my dad gave me before he left, and played COD Black Ops.

"Brandon! Hurry Up, Black Ops is on!" I shouted.

"Alright, alright. Jeez." he said in a rush, going down the glass staircase, but there was no hiding the grin on his face.

He grabbed a controller before saying, "I'm so gonna beat your ass in this." he grinned challengingly.

"Oh you wish Carson." I said with a smirk and pressed play.

®©®©®©®©®©®©®©®

"Damn, Monica. You're a killing machine." Brandon said.

"I know that. But please don't flatter me and piss me off at the same time. That's wicked, dude. Don't call me Monica like, ever." I said, finishing up my food. Brandon and I just finished playing videogames.

It's like 6 pm and we're eating my infamous Chicken Fettucine while watching tv. I love cooking and swimming and listening to music and and singing and the list just goes on and on. Point is, I have a lot of hobbies.

"Why do you really dread being called your full name like Monica or Clarisse?" Brandon asked, his eyes never leaving the screen.

"It seems old." I shrugged.

"It does a little. But do your parents call you Monica or Mony?" he asked.

"They have a lot of pet names for their li'l girl." I winked making him laugh a bit, me just grinning.

"You're very lucky, Brandon." I said looking down, fiddling with my silver charm bracelet. It had a charm with an elegantly wrote M, a cake charm showing my love for cooking and baking, a surfboard charm showing how much I love the beach and a dress charm which shows I can be fashionable and smart.

"Why so?" he faced me. I gulped and shrugged.

"It's nothing just forget it." I waved it off.

"You can tell me anything, Mony." he smiled.

It took me a lot of hesitation before answering, "It's just that, your mom is always around. Your dad is barely around but at least he goes home often. You have sisters to hang around with and you always seem so happy."

He shot me an apologetic look and answered, "I know you feel bad not having your parents around you, but you can always be happy in some other way. I'm not as happy and perfect as you think. Sometimes I feel like my dad doesn't want me. I think he just wants to be close to me because my talent can make him rich. Don't be sad, Mony. I'm here for you, we're all here for you." he ended everything up with a heart-warming smile.

I wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me back. I mumbled a quiet thanks to him.

"Brandon, can I ask you one question?" I asked pulling away from our hug.

"Shoot." he responded.

"Why are you being so nice and friendly to me? I mean, in school it always seems like you're a loner and I'm your only friend. I'm a nobody yet you still stick with me. Why?" I asked him sincerely, looking into his eyes, his mesmerizing eyes.

"I don't know. You seem so different and you understand me like no guy does. Besides, I still keep in touch with my old bandmates and friends, so they still count as my friends." he pointed out.

"Yeah, but why me? I'm a nobody. Sarcastic, not so girly, and I'm a nerd." I said in a low voice above a whisper.

"You're not a nobody to me, Mony. You're a wonderful girl and I couldn't be more happy to be considered as your friend. You're different, you're unique and you're beautiful in your own way." he smiled and I returned it with my own.

"Thank, you Brandon. You're an amazing friend." I said.

"Anytime." when he said it, we continued to snuggle up against each other while watching a movie.

When the movie ended, Brandon spoke up. "I think I should go now. It's running late."

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorow." I smiled and walked him to the front door.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow night. Bye." with that, he hugged me and waved a goodbye before trudging to his car.

"Bye." I whispered with a silly grin. I went back inside, a grin still etched on my face. I cleaned up the living room a bit before going up to my room.

I changed into pyjamas, put my gown in my closet and charged my phone before snuggling up under my covers and sleeping tight. But there was a thought lingering in my mind,

Why do I feel different around Brandon?

·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·MORN!NG.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·

The sound of my alarm clock going off in a beautiful Saturday Morning, pissed me off to the max. It was a freaking Saturday. But when I looked at the time, 11:30 am.

Ah, holy fuc- I mean fudging shit-takee mushroom. I didn't think I snoozed the alarm that many times and mumbled "ten more minutes" more than 20 times or something.

What's the big deal? The party's still at seven tonight, calm your tits, gurl.

Jeez, my consience is a such a b-, Barbie, not a female dog. I meant Barbie. But even if she is bitchy, (oops I said it) she's right and I'm hungry, so that's a plus.

I rolled off of bed and trudged along to my bathroom. I took a quick shower and shaved my legs before heading to my walk-in closet.

I threw on an oversized shirt and some leggings. I brushed my hair down and put on my beanie. I skipped downstairs and cooked lunch, since I woke up very early. Note the sarcasm.

I just cooked one of my oh-so infamous dishes, Quesadilla with extra Cheddar, (okay so it's not really that famous but whatever). Sounds weird, but nah, I love cheese and I love cooking so I figured, why not?

Just as I was putting extra cheese, the doorbell rang. I washed my hands and wiped them before rushing to the door. I opened it to see my mom.

My eyes widened and I hugged her with a grin on my face, matching her sweet smile.

"Mom. You didn't tell me you'll arrive." I said as I pulled away.

"Well, surprise." she said, I giggled. We came in and she excused herself to her room.

I went back to the kitchen and continued my work. After some minutes, my mom appeared in the kitchen in a shirt, some shorts and her hair in a messy bun.

"What's cooking, chef?" she teased making a smile stretch on my face.

"I hope you like cheese. I'm making Quesadilla with Parmesan filling and Cheddar toppings." I stated proudly as I put the Quesadilla in a plate.

"Well, that's just plain weird. But because I know how much of a cooking Goddess you are, I'm sure it'll taste good." she told me as I set it on the table.

"Oh dear mother, you flatter me." I said faking a British Accent and waving my hand jokingly. She laughed and took a slice and placed it on her plate. I sat down beside her and did the same.

"How are you here? Does the maid come every Sunday? Are the food enough? Tell me everything." my mom asked. I chuckled and wiped my face with a napkin before facing her.

"Everything's fine mom. How about you?" I asked.

"Well, I think I'll be here for 2-3 weeks or so. Everything's okay." she said looking a little bit uneasy at the last part. I just shrugged it off and continued eating.

"Are you gonna come to Via's party later?" I asked.

"Of course. I suggest that you go ahead though. I'll just get a limo for you."

"Oh. I'm coming with a friend, he's gonna pick me up."

"He?" she grinned. I rolled my eyes and bit my lips to keep myself from smiling.

"We're just friends mom." I reassured, standing up and stacking the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Mmhmm, sure. I'll just go by myself then." she said, still grinning and obviously not believing me.

"Whatever." I said, not bothering to hide my smile.

"Have you gotten a dress yet?" I asked her. She nodded.

"I'll just go upstairs and rest, okay hun?" she kissed my cheek and proceeded upstairs.

What on earth am I gonna do now?

I thought about it for a moment before going upstairs to my room.

I won't wait for a maid to go in my personal space and clean it. I thought and started pulling out my current bedsheets and pillowcases.

I took new covers and changed my covers. I cleaned my room from my bed, to my floor, to decorating my walls and until arranging my closet.

After everything, I glanced at the clock. 3:05, seems fair. I laid out my outfit on my my bed and took a good look at it. Ugh, I don't know what to do and to make things worse, I hate dresses.

I paced around my room before putting my gown back and falling in the comforts of my princess bed.

I set my alarm to 5:00 pm and fell in a beauty sleep. A sweet sleep with a sweet dream.

*-+-*-+-*-+-*-+-*-+-*-+-*-+-*

The hot mysterious guy's lips hovered over mine, his hot breath fanning my face.

Our noses touched as he leaned in closer, his lips barely touching mine as he leaned closer and closer and

RING! RING! RING! his phone blared. He picked it up and as if on cue, everything suddenly blurred and disappeared.

I opened my eyes and cursed loudly. Dammit, that was close. I groaned and smashed my alarm clock's button causing it to stop ringing.

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. A girl with a cockatoo's nest on her head and droopy eyes stared back at me. I sighed and went in my en suite bathroom and filled my tub with warm water.

I squeezed a fair amount of lavender-scented bath liquid as it bubbled. I stripped out of my clothes and threw them in the laundry basket. I went in the bathtub and sighed before closing my eyes.

After some minutes, I got to my senses and washed up before unplugging the drain and stepping out of my bathroom in a towel. I went in the closet and dressed up in a pair of sweats and an oversized shirt.

I checked the time. It was 5:30 pm. I jogged downstairs and ordered pizza. After a couple minutes of watching PLL, the pizza arrived. I dug in and left some for mom in the fridge.

It was almost six and I'm still sulking in my bedroom not knowing what to do.

I got an idea and called Natasha and the girls. After three rings she picked up, "What up, Mony?" she answered.

"Tash, I need your help." and that's how three girls whirling around my room ended up fixing me up for my cousin's party.

As Jeseree sprayed my hair with hairspray, there was a knock on my door. Vivianna opened the door and my mom peeked her head in. She went inside and closed the door behind her.

"Hi mom." I smiled. She smiled too, pride glinting in her eyes as she looked at me.

She bit her lip before saying, "You look beautiful. My baby girl, you're all grown up." That statement made the girls go "aww" and giggle.

"Thanks mom. It's the courtesy of my friends. This is Jeseree, Natasha and Vivianna." I said motioning to each one.

"Nice to meet you all. You seem like really nice girls." she smiled at all of them.

"Thank you and it's also our pleasure to meet you Ms. Summers. I'm a big fan of your designs." Natasha answered with a smile of her own.

"No need to be formal, call me Dawn." my mom ushered.

"Okay. We'll make Mony more beautiful than she already is." Natasha informed with a proud smile still kissing her lips.

"Of course," my mom said and walked to the door. "Call me if you need anything, alright?" she continued and closed the door behind her.

"Your mom seems nice. If you don't mind me asking, where's your dad?" Natasha asked.

"Um, at Paris. They're divorced. It was a tough one actually. My dad," I cleared my throat before continuing, "cheated on my mom and mom didn't take it light."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean t-"

"No it's fine." I patted the back of Natasha's hand as reassurance.

"Okay. I'm done with your hair," Jeseree informed.

"Can I look now?" I asked, impatiently may I add.

"No. Just wait when you put on your dress." Natasha said quickly. I grumbled a "fine."

"Put on your dress, be careful not to ruin your hair and makeup." Jeseree instructed.

"It's okay, the dress is frilly and it needs to be worn from below." I said, taking out my shoes and gown from the closet and laying it out on the bed.

"Wow. It looks so pretty." Vivianna commented.

"Thanks. It's a new design of mom's." I said.

"You can dress up here or in the walk-in closet. Do you want me to help you?" Vivianna offered.

"Okay, thanks, Vi." I took my dreaa again and hanged it in a hook at the closet. Vivianna and I entered the closet and I started to strip to my undies. I grabbed my dress and put it on carefully.

It was pretty comfortable, breathable and it hugs the undeniable curves on my upper body while it flows freely like a princess dress in the bottom.

"I can't walk in heels properly, Vi." I said while biting my lip.

"It'a okay, I'll help you. Here, put these on." she handed me my shoes and I wore them while sitting down on the couch.

"Stand up and try to get your balance then walk around the closet to practice a bit." I followed her orders and I think I got it with ease.

"You're doing great. Let's go, it's almost seven." she smiled and grabbed a hold of my hands and led led us out.

Stares were on me as Vivianna ushered us out and said, "Tadaaaa." while gesturing to me.

"Mony, you look stunning."

"Mony, they're gonna have a heart attack when they see you."

The girls bombarded me with compliments and me being me just looked down shyly and muttered a "Thanks."

I braced myself and looked at myself in the life-size mirror beside my makeup table. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I looked... dolled up and overall pretty.

I took in my appearance. Natasha gave me the fresh but sofisticating look of cat eyes, dark but natural eyeshadow, adequate blush, red lips and perfectly curled long lashes. Jeseree prepped my hair in a big braid bun atop of my head with loose curls hanging along every now and then.Vivianna, being the youngster, helped her sisters with stuff here and there, she also picked out my jewelry. I had a couple silver bracelets, a cute silver necklace with an elegant M written as a pendant, silver hoop earings and a ring with a big diamond or gem in each ring finger.

"Oh my--I--this is-- Girls, I-- Thank you." I stuttered, being the emotional chica that I am, almost cried.

"No, no, no. Don't cry. You'll ruin my master peice." Natasha joked. I laughed and blinked the tears away.

"Group hug!" Vivianna exclaimed. We giggled and pulled ourselves in a group hug. When we pulled away, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" mom hollered from downstairs.

The girls started squealing as I picked up my sparkly zebra- patterned purse.

"Caln down. It's just your brother, my bestfriend not Hunter Hayes." I said with a chuckle.

"We know. It's just that, you and Brandon going to a party, together." Vivianna gushed.

"Vi, you're too young." as if on cue, my door opened.

"Monica, sweetie, he's here." mom called out from the door.

"I'll be right behind you in a jiffy." I answered, she nodded and walked off.

I took deep breaths and looked at the girls with a smile before going out of my room and to the stairs.

I walked down from the glass stairs, careful not to trip. Gosh this feels like a fairytale. Everything's so clichè,I thought.

When I was at the center of the swirly stairs, I had a good look of the living room where my mom and Brandon are talking. Once the click-clanking of my heels were heard, their heads snapped to my direction.

I smiled uneasily at them while my mom gave me a grin. Brandon was looking at me up and down in awe with an amazed smile. Brandon was wearing the tux with a white longsleeved shirt underneath and tucked in his pants. He had a black bow tie on and black leather shoes. The typical tux outfit. His hair pushed up and styled in a formal bad boy mohawk.

"Um, hi?" I said (more like asked, Tsk.) awkwardly.

"You--I-- Wow." Brandon stammered, breathing out the last part making my mom laugh and pat his back.

"Go on. Have fun you two." Mom said going up the stairs.

"Wait, aren't you going?" I asked her.

She tapped her chin as if thinking, "Nah. I change my mind. Enjoy." she winked and proceeded upstairs.

"I'm gonna go get my guitar from the music room. Just don't ask further questions." I said, he nodded and I strolled to the music room. The inviting atmosphere of the music room engulfed me invitingly. I went around my grand piano and picked up my guitar case beside it before going out and returning to the lounge room.

"Let's go, milady." Brandon bowed jokingly, holding out his hand for me. I giggled, but not those school girl high-pitched giggles, and curtsied playfully before taking his hand.

Just as Brandon was about to open the door for us, the girls came running down the stairs.

"Use protection, kids!" Natasha hollered.

My eyes went wide and heat started to gather in my cheeks. "Tash!" I scolded making them laugh.

"Oh gosh, you're so innocent. We were kidding, have fun." Natasha said and waved at us. We smiled at her and went out the door.

I let out a low gasp when I saw a white limo. White Limoousine, not Black. Yasss Bitchezzzz. Gosh, where'd that come from?

Brandon rubbed the back of his neck and motioned to the limo. "I thought it was nice, sooo... yeah." he said and led us to the car. I was trying to supress my laughter at his awkwardness.

He let me in at the back first and he followed. As he shut the door, the driver drove off to the hotel where the party will be held.

It was cozy here at the back. It had a small tv in front, some drinks, stereo, it was the ideal limo for a prom night. It was... nice.

The ride was filled with conversations, laughter and the most lively thing, music. The venue was a good 30-minute ride from the house. So it's safe to say we were late. Yay, not.

We were dropped off at the elegant entrance. Brandon and I wore our masks and looped our arms together while interwining our fingers. I'd be lying if I say that I didn't love the feeling of his hand in mine. His hands were smooth, warm and inviting. I was afraid that my hands would get clammy from nervousness.

We're at the doors which opens the gigantic ball. I breathed in and out while Brandon gave me a reassuring smile and giving my hand a gentle squeeze. I nodded at him to say I was ready. We gave our invitation to the guards and they opened the doors.

We entered the ball and was greeted with people in elegant tuxedos and ballgowns.

"Where's Shane? or Via?" I asked.

Brandon shrugged before answering, "Let's look for them, then." I nodded. We walked around and after about 3 minutes, we heard a familliar voice.

"Hey, how are you enjoying the party?" Shane told a young couple by the drinks as he got a fruit punch. The guy answered something before Shane nodded and the couple went to sit down at one of the tables surrounding the dance floor.

"There he is. Let's go talk to him and I need a drink." Brandon said and I nodded. We walked over to Shane, fingers still interwined. Brandon tapped Shane's shoulder and he turned around swiftly.

"Uh, hi." he raised an eyebrow.

"Dude, am I that handsome that you don't recognize me anymore?" Brandon joked. Shane's eyes was filled with recognition as he heard Brandon's voice.

"Brandon, duuude!" they fist bumped each other and laughed. Shane's eyes flicked over to me, he smirked and looked back at Brandon.

"Who's the pretty lady, man?" he asked. Brandon looked like he was trying to surpress his laughter.

"Doofus, stop feeding my ego." I answered for him. Shane's eyes widened a bit.

"Loner?" he asked with a slight smile.

"The one and only," I grinned. He caught me off guard by wrapping me in a big bear hug. I used my hand with the purse to pat his back. He pulled away and gave me a knowing look.

"Soo," he looked at Brandon and I's interwined hands and continued, "you two together?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

I almost choked on my spit as my eyea widened. "What? No?!" we both said in unison quickly, almost too quickly.

He nodded his head slowly, "Okay.. then what are you?"

"Tsk. Human. Isn't it obvious?" Brandon joked. I nudged him and rolled my eyes.

"We're friends." I answered.

"Bestfriends." he corrected lifting our interwined hands.

"Right, bestfriends." I said and bit my lip.

"You want a drink?" Brandon asked, looking at me.

I nodded, "I think a little red wine is nice." I said. He nodded and walked off, leaving me with the grinning idiot.

"Why the flock of birds are you looking at me like that?" I accused Shane.

"Looking at you like what?" he asked, a stupid grin still on his face.

"Like that!" I hissed, pointing at his face.

"Oh like this," he said, feigning dumbness and ponting at his grin-stretched mouth.

"Uh-huh." I nodded.

"I see, you brought your guitar." he commented, looking at the guitar that Brandon put down after he carried it in the way here.

"I did because you told me we were gonna have a jammin' night." I nodded.

"Okay," he took a sip of his drink.

"Where's Via?" I asked.

"Upstairs, she's gonna be coming down in about," and as if on cue, the music stopped for a while as we looked up at the stairs. Going down was a beautiful Via wearing an elegant Royal Purple princess gown and a lavender mask. Her makeup was darker and more sophisticating. Her heels click-clacked on the hard oak steps as she gracefully went down the stairs with her chin held high. Gosh, I could never walk down the stairs wearing that without falling. "--now." Shane continued, mouth agape as he took in his girlfriend's image. I chuckled at the love-whipped boy and nudged him.

"Shane, go to the end of the stairs so you can escort her if she's at the bottom." I whispered in his ear.

"Oh, right." with that, he scrambled on to end of the stairs. Via saw him and her eyes lit up as she grinned. She finally reached the bottom of the stairs, she looped her arm wuth Shane's and walkes through the crowd. Just then, music started playing again and people minded their own businesses.

Brandon appeared beside me with his drink and mine in his hand, holding it out to me.

"Thanks," I muttered, getting the wine glass from him. He gave me a smile and picked up my guitar case. I gave him a confused look as he handed it to me.

"Play a song in front and surprise your cousin." he answered. I thought about it for a moment and an idea popped in my mind.

I walked up to Via and Shane. "Hi Vi, mind if I borrow this doofus for a while?"

Her eyebrows furrowed then her eyes lit up in recognition. "Mony? Wow, you look pretty. Just give him back later." she said, unlooping tgeir arms and pushing Shane to me.

"I'm a human, not a thing." Shane mumbled.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and dragged him near the platform.

"Do you think you can get your other bandmates to play a song with me?" I grinned. He nodded slowly.

"Okay, go get them. The instruments are all set up and I'll wait here." he looked confused but complied.

A while later, they arrived and walked up to me.

"Hi guys." I waved, they waved back to me.

"Okay, I want you to play this song." I pushed sheets of paper in front of them.

"Okay, Shane, the drums are good to go. Brandon I dunno if their guitar is tuned. Trent same for the base and Ethan, the keys are waiting for you." I said with an anxious yet excited smile on my face.

"Okaaaay..." Shane trailed off and they shuffled to the platform getting their instruments ready. I pulled my white guitar from it's case and practiced a bit. Shane gave me a thumbs up and I nodded, getting on stage.

"Hello everybody." I spoke through the mic, getting everyone's attention.

"We all know what we're here for, right? Okay, I wanna sing this sing for my undoubtedly beautiful cousin. Vi, this is for you." I spoke up. Shane did the usual drumstick cue and we started playing the familiar tune of Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson.

Uh uh uh ah uh uh

I can do the pretty girl rock, rock

Rock to the pretty girl rock, rock, rock, Now what's your name.

I strummed my guitar while singing to Via's favorite song of all time.

My name is Mony, I'm so very

Fly oh my, it's a little bit scary

Boys wanna marry, looking at my derrière

And you can stare but if you touch it Imma bury

Pretty as a picture, sweeter than a swisher

Mad 'cause I'm cuter than the girl that's with ya

I don't gotta talk about it baby you can see it

But if you want I'll be happy to repeat it

I sang with a new found confidence. The instrumental became louder and I repeated the previous lines and continuing to the chorus.

All eyes on me when I walk in

No question that this girl's a ten

Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful

My walk, my talk, the way I drip

It's not my fault so please don't trip

Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful

I sang with a smile as the crowd loosened up and the teenagers started enjoying the song and bobbed their heads up to the music.

Aye, now do the pretty girl rock, rock, rock

Do the pretty girl rock, rock, rock

All my ladies do the pretty girl rock, rock, rock

Do the pretty girl rock, rock, rock

(Now where you at?)

If you're looking for me, you can catch me (that's why)

Cameras flashing, daddy turned his head just as soon as I passed him

Girls think I'm conceited, 'cause I know I'm attractive

Don't worry about what I think, why don't you ask him.

Get yourself together, don't hate (never do it)

Jealousy is the uglies trait (don't ever do it)

I can talk about it 'cause I know that I'm pretty

and if you know it too, then ladies sing it with me.

I sang the chorus again, but this time, I wasn't alone. All the teenage girls, including my cousins and the grinning birthday girl, started to sing with me, making me smile in satisfaction.

Do the pretty girl rock, rock, rock

All my ladies do the pretty girl rock, rock, rock

Get along with your pretty girl rock, rock, rock

Still show me your pretty girl rock, rock, rock

All my ladies do the pretty girl rock, rock, rock.

As I was singing the last parts, I had enough time to put my guitar down and take my mic off it's stand. I walked down the platform as I continued.

Sing it with me now!

I walked to a large crowd of girls as we sang and danced to the chorus. We were having a nice time.

I ended the song with a pose and laughed.

"Who's having fun?!" I spoke to the mic happily. I got responses of cheers and wolf whistles.

"Happy Birthday, Via!" I spoke up and put the mic back to the microphone stand.

The boys put their instruments back and came down the platform with grins.

"Soo, how did I do?" I asked while wiggling my eyebrows. They were about to answer when a voicefrom behind me did.

"You were great!!! OMG, Mony I never hear you sing like that anymore!" Via gushed from behind me and pulled me in a bone crushing hug.

"I. Can't. Breathe." I squeezed out.

"Oh, right sorry. Gosh, you blew our minds with that song!" she said as she pulled away.

"Thanks, Vi. It was for my lovely cousin. I mean, I wore this dress, these heels and I sang you a song in PUBLIC!" I answered.

"Well, thank you for making an effort. I Love You, couz." she hugged me, gently this time.

"Aw, I love you, too Vi." I hugged her back. Shane cleared his throat and we pulled away.

"Hm, so Mony was great. We helped her and it was last minute, what do you have to say, babe?" Shane stated. Via rolled her eyes, making me giggle.

"You were also great." she said, ",but Mony was the best." she added. We had a good laugh before Shane and Via excused themselves and the boys followed after them, leaving Brandon and me behind.

"Soo, do you want to dance?" Brandon asked casually.

"Sure." I shrugged. He took my hand in hisand guided me to the dance floor where people were already dancing.

As if on cue, the music changed into a slow one. We stopped at the center and Brandon spun me around to face him.

I bit my lip and mumbled something under my breath.

"What?" he asked me.

"I can't dance." I answered loudly.

I was half-expecting him to laugh or make fun of me like every guy does. But instead, he smiled encouragingly

He put my left hand on his shoulder while he held my right hand up and interwined our hands as he wrapped his right hand on my waist. I looked down at the floor, my cheeks burning red.

"Hey, look at me." he said softly as he lifted my chin and made me look at him, directly in his eyes. I bit the insides of my cheek as heat started to warm my cheeks.

"Now all, we have to do is go with the melody." with that, we started swaying and moving to the slow music.

I relaxed along with the song as my head involuntarily laid on Brandon's chest. He stiffened for a while because of the sudden contact then began to relax. I smiled against his chest as I took in his scent of man's perfume.

In his arms, I felt warmth, I felt cared, I felt safe.

And I wish it could be like this forever.

*-+*-+*-+*-+*-+*-+*-+*-+*-+*

Heeeyyyy! Whaddya think about the chapter? Was it a yeah or a nah?

Well, anyways, I got hit by a virus of writer's block for a little while, I kept deleting the paragraphs and writing them again.

It was all too frustrating, but since I Love you like crazy, I updated just for youuu.

Okay, I have a new story called Shh, It's a Secret. Check it out in my profile. If you want clichè and real life together, read it, read it, read it.

I LOVE YOU AND A MASSIVE THANK YOU.

xoxo Audrey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 2.3K 57
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ง๐ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐š ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐จ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ/๐ง'๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ-๐œ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ/๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๏ฟฝ...
28.1K 2.4K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
40.8K 1K 88
In which Kim Saena is in a groupchat with a bunch of idiots Or In which Bangchan finds himself inside a groupchat with a bunch of delusional fans ~~โ˜…...
245K 12.4K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...