Discovering Rowan [on hold]

Door limebird

"But I had decided I would not use my gift any longer" Rowan may seem like an ordinary teenager, dying he... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 10

164 6 4
Door limebird

Chapter 10

I woke up breathing heavily. Someone was at my window.

"ROWAN!" There was a black figure at my window. How did they get on the roof? I walked over to the window oddly calm. Instinct told me not to be scared. I undid the bolt and slid open my window.

"Help me in?" Skylar was sitting on my roof. What was he doing here at two in the morning? And how on earth did he get on my roof? Not questioning him I gave him my hand, realizing seconds to late I only had one foot to stand on. I fell backwards pulling Skylar through the window. We both ended up on the floor.

Well, this was awkward.

He didn't land on top of me thank goodness, just beside me. We lay there and the only sound I could hear was his breathing. I broke the silence.

"What are you doing here?" I turned my head to look at him to find him looking at me with his deep brown eyes.

Keep it together Ro!

"I couldn't sleep." He closed his eyes and sighed. "I needed to be with you." Well that was kind of soon. I hadn't even known I was his soulfinder for 24 hours yet he needed to be with me. Crikey. I then became aware of my appearance. I only had on a long black t-shirt and underwear. My hair was sticking out in all directions and I had no makeup on. I looked like a mess.

"No you don't." I looked at him and narrowed my eyes. You look beautiful." What was he on about? "I can read minds," He explained, "but my main gift is auras. I can see your emotions. But your sheilds were pretty strong before so I couldn't read your mind then. I can see you're embarrassed." He laughed, a soft chuckle.

To right I was embarrassed! Goodness knows what he had heard. I felt something tickle my hand and I realized it was his fingertips. His fingers laced with mine. I felt like the floor had dropped away and I was floating in my own little bubble. Nothing in the world mattered but him. Eventually I fell into a deep sleep, my fingers entwined with his.

***

"RO! I'M MAKING CHOCOLATE BAGELS!" Tanya yelled from downstairs, jolting me out of my sleep. I lifted my head up my eyes blurry. Why was I on the floor?

Skylar.

He was lying beside me still sleeping. I looked at his muscular frame. Well, I had to admit he wasn't bad looking. I looked upwards at his face. Aww, he looked adorable while he slept. I bet I didn't, I probably snored. Poor Skylar, getting stuck with me as a soulfinder.

If he was my soulfinder.

I looked at the clock on my desk. It was almost ten thirty. But what was I going to do about Skylar? I looked up at my bed. Dog was lounging on it looking like she owned the place.

"What am I gonna do?" I muttered to Dog. Getting Skylar awake would be a start. I realized I could have a lot of fun with this. A lot of fun. Filling my Bands Over Boys cup up with icy cold water I tiptoed back to my room and poured it over his head.

"Argh!" Skylar coughed and spluttered, "Who did that?" I stood over him smiling. That was fun.

"ROWAN! THEY'RE GETTING COLD!" Tanya called. Shit shit shit. I needed to get Skylar out of my room and fast!

"Skylar" I hissed turning round.

"Already gone," He grinned. He was already dressed, and inching himself along the roof. His hair and his clothes were soaked and it wasn't particularly warm outside. "I might see you later though."

"You're missing out on chocolate bagels!"

"Don't particularly like them anyway," I was about to protest about how amazing chocolate bagels were when he dropped off the end of the roof. Literally. My breath hitched. I heard a thud.

Ohmygodohmygodohmy-

"FUCK!" I heard him hiss. I released a breath I wasn't aware I was holding. "Bye Rowan!"

"Bye!" I called out and let out a chuckle.

Later on I got a text from him.

I'm alive :D x

I replied:

Shame.

He replied:

You're just mean xx

The increasing number of kisses at the end of his text were scaring me.

Gotta go, bye x

I added one kiss at the end. It couldn't do any harm.

The day passed, uneventful. I lounged about the house in a black t-shirt and leggings unfazed about my appearance. I spent the day up in my room with Dog for company practicing guitar, surfing the internet and drinking hot chocolate. I considered doing my science homework but yeah right, who was I kidding? I got a few texts from Hayley about chord progression but that was about it. I left Tanya and Luke downstairs with their kids. I didn't want to interrupt the family. I picked up the Sherlock book I was borrowing off Luke and started reading. It was fascinating how Sherlock's mind worked, it was so intricate and elaborate. I was jolted out my daze by my phone beeping. It was a text from Skylar. 

I'm coming over in 5. I'm planning on using the front door this time. x

What?! I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair in a short spiky ponytail and I had no eyeliner on. My phone beeped again. I ran out of the bathroom to check what Skylar wanted now. Instead I was greeted by a message from my network telling me I had ran out of texts.

Bugger.

The only option I had left to speak to him now was telepathy. Which I had avoided using. Until now.

'Skylar?'

'Hey Rowan, are you okay?'

'Um... yeah. Why are you coming over?'

'Too see you duh.' I could sense him grinning. I didn't want to get close to him, but I couldn't help myself loving him.

'Okay.' I replied. He laughed and then broke the conversation off. I smiled. A telepathic laugh was lovely, like a little bell ringing down the line.

Minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I slowly padded down the stairs the carpet absorbing my footsteps. I poked my head through the door. Skylar stood there. His hair was messy as he ran his hands through it.

"Rowan." He spotted me half hiding behind the door. His face lit up and his brown eyes sparkled.

'What the hell is Skylar Chase doing at our door?' Luke sent me the telepathic message looking at me with his brow furrowed. Should I tell him about the soulfinder thing?

"I'm here to help Rowan with a music project." Oh yes, out of all the excuses he chose the 'I'm helping her with her school work' one. So very original.

"It's okay Luke." I nodded reassuring Luke. "He's one of the okay ones."

Luke knew about the people on the bus. He knew Skylar was one of them.

I trailed up the stairs with Skylar following.

"One of the okay ones?" He looked at me inquisitively.

"On the bus," I stated plainly, "y'know when-"

"Yeah I know." Skylars jaw clenched. "The bus thing. Please, just don't remind me."

"Okay." My voice came out in a sort of whisper. He looked angry at the mention of the bus.

Skylar's voice was the first to break the silence. "What are we watching?" I looked at him confused. "i thought we could have a movie night?" I cast my eyes around. The only DVD I had up here was Sherlock and didn't fancy going downstairs to get quizzed by Luke.

"I have Sherlock?" I asked him looking up.

"Sounds great." He smiled sitting on my black couch. I put the DVD on and pressed play for Episode 1. Skylar sat down and opened the bag of toffee popcorn on his lap. I looked across at him. Although I would rather walk along a path of hot coals than admit it to him, he was good looking. His dark brown eyes sparkled, his hair was stylishly messy, his arms were toned and his long legs stretched out in front of him.

But looks aside, what was his personality really like?

I sat back and concentrated on watching the episode, while trying to forget that Skylar was beside me. It was a fantastic modern interpretation of the book. It had Martin Freeman in, which was great as I found him extremely adorable. Skylar pulled my head over to rest on his shoulder which felt so good and I felt all the tension unwind within me. We carried on and watched Episode 2 which I felt guilty about because I hadn't read the book first but I wanted to stay there, my head on his shoulder, him playing with my hair.

"Rowan, I just wanted to say, that this means-" Then Skylar lunged forward. My brain went into full on panic mode. What was he doing? He was lying on top of me and it felt like he was crushing me. Was he trying to kiss me?! Did he want to - I didn't want to think about that one. I pushed him off me as quickly as I could. Blimey, he weighed a ton. I stood up.

"Out." I said pointing at the door.

"Rowan, I can explain." He said gently, seeming calm, but he was wild eyed.

"Out. Now."

"Rowan, someone was at your window a guy tried to shoot you with-" What was he on about? Someone wouldn't just shoot me. My window wasn't even open.

"Get out, or I'm going to get Luke."

"Rowan please!" He looked at me. I opened my mouth ready to scream for my brother. "Okay." Skylar raised his arms. "I'm going. Just please please be careful."

It was only when I turned around, as I felt the breeze from my freshly opened window did I see:

Right above the TV, where my head would have been, there was an arrow.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

576 46 10
Imagine sitting on the edge of a bridge wondering when the right time was to make that leap. To make the jump that would determine your fate...determ...
112K 5K 200
In a certain world, there was someone who excelled in magic combat, people called him 『Sage』. Seeking the strongest combat art, he devoted himself to...
31 13 14
Regis knows it's an illusion. He's only ever seen Princess Charlotte from afar; only heard her voice when she spoke to a crowd. Sure he's good at rea...
3.6K 62 12
Princeton is a pretty asshole. when he meets the wrong person and messes with her she turns him into someone he doesnt want to be. will he be able to...