Deter || b.barnes || 2 ✔️

By Belalugosii

"You guys realize that's not even remotely funny on our end." "It was a little funny. If your minds in a dee... More

A/n and Disclaimer
₪Preamble₪
16₪ Monkeys save lives ₪16
15₪ What about sharks? ₪15
14₪ Truth be told ₪14
13₪ Strawberries ₪13
12₪ Blushing ₪12
11₪ Dense Thoughts ₪11
10₪ Sir McFluff ₪10
9₪ Bullshit ₪9
8₪ POV's ₪8
7₪ Ethanol and Fire ₪7
6₪ Absurd Forgiveness ₪6
5₪ Who's Jesus? ₪5
3₪ Guilt ₪3
2₪ Confidence ₪2
1₪ Science rules ₪1

4₪ Knock on the door ₪4

3.4K 131 96
By Belalugosii

*WARNING: POSSIBLE PANIC/ANXIETY ATTACK TRIGGER AHEAD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION*

After the meeting was dismissed, Tove ran up to her improvised room to grab a few things and prepare herself for what she was about to do. But she already knew he was following her.

The moment T'Challa said "wheels will be able to go up in 30", Bucky made his way to Tove. But she evacuated like everyone else to try to avoid the impending conversation.

"Is there anyway I can talk to out of this, Tove?" Bucky does his best not to let the anxiety of his new girl walking up and literally knocking on danger's door affect him, but his voice quivered anyways.

Tove grabs the folder Jo had surprised her with a few days ago and shoved it in small garbage bag, along with a scalpel or two. "Nope. My mind is set. Those girls need our help and I want to be the one to let them know and show them everything will be okay." Tove admits confidently.

"Even if it means you get hurt?" Bucky questions.

"Especially if it means I get hurt. Better me than them." Tove grabs a few extra sterilized syringes and three bags of fluids.

That comment didn't help Bucky. His mind was the equivalent of how Tove's was the other night. He was so close to having something good but now it's on the line and he doesn't want that to happen.

It was all starting to become too much for Bucky. His arm. Tove's life threatened. Aliens-fucking aliens?! He could feel the tears breaching his lashes and before he could wipe it away, a tear breaks loose and makes way to his chin.

"Tove, I can't-" The lump in his throat stops him from saying more. But Tove didn't need to hear anymore.

She finally looks at him and sees an all-too familiar expression on his face. His forehead started to look clammy and his body shaky.

Tove sets her makeshift travel bag down on the hospital bed and walks up to the veteran, "Hey, Bucky, I'm going to be okay." Tove puts Bucky's face in her hands and kisses his forehead. "It's going to be okay Buck. I promise." Tove prays to God she'll live up to this promise, but who really knows? She's going in a prisoner and is expected to come out not half dead. In all, no one knows what to expect from here on out.

"Please be careful." Bucky starts to calm down with the warm feeling of having Tove's hands on his face.

"I always am." Tove pulls away from him and locks her eyes with his. "I have something to fight for now, and I can promise you by that fact that I will do everything I can to come back to you."

Bucky smiles at the seriousness emitting from his girlfriend's voice. "You should try auditioning for drama after all of this." Bucky wipes a tear from his cheek while chuckling.

Tove just rolls her eyes and drops her hands down to Bucky's waist. "Ha ha ha, but I'm serious Bucky. I'm gonna come back alive."

Bucky nods more assured than when he first walked in the room. "Alright, prove it then." He smiles at the girl standing in front of him.

Tove smiles back and kisses him lightly on the lips. "Will do." She assures him once more in her own quirky way. And maybe it's the spur of the moment or maybe it's because of the uncertainty of the future, but Tove pulls away from Bucky's lips and slowly kisses down his neck.

Bucky lets his breath get stuck in his chest for a few seconds from the sudden burst of nerves firing in his stomach and where her lips touch his skin. But then he breathes out with a quiet satisfied moan.

Tove smiles while she continues to move down to his collarbone. His skin felt like it was meant to be kissed and the loud thud of his heart kept pushing her to kiss him harder and slower.

Bucky could feel her lips curve when she smiled and he couldn't help but feel his legs shake from how good her lips felt on his neck. He tried to stay quiet, but he couldn't help it.

Tove reaches his collarbone and stops, pulls away from him so her lips were an inch from his skin. Bucky clears his throat in attempt to slow his breathing.

Again, Tove smiles but doesn't plant her lips back on him. "That's my wax seal on my promise." Tove whispers right next to Bucky's ear.

"That's one helluva wax seal." Bucky grins with raised eyebrows as if he was still surprised by the sudden action.

Tove just shrugs. "I suppose." She smiles before turning away from Bucky and grabbing her trash bag of essentials.

"You suppose?" Bucky laughs a little at the comment.

"Mmhmm." Tove starts walking out of the room. Bucky follows and tries to catch up to her.

"You're interesting, Kirk." Bucky says while coming up next to her.

"Well, we gotta spice up your life in some way, don't we?"

Ϙ

As much as Tove knows they are doing the right thing, knots of uncertainty and bad feelings fiddle in her stomach.

What if one of us gets killed? Tove keeps playing this thought over and over in her mind but she keeps trying to remind herself that she can't afford to think like that. Especially with Wanda aboard with them. Wanda sees her as some sort of a role model, a friend, maybe even something more... Tove has to be the strong one here. She already knows Jo is fired up, quite literally, but Jo isn't connected with Wanda like Tove is. She probably never will be.

"Landing any closer will get them to fire at us." Jo mentions to Tove while she pilots.

"Thank you, backseat flyer. I'll take that into consideration." Tove bites her lip at Jo's comment. She almost felt offended by the questioning of her capabilities to fly, but she knows Jo is just as nervous as her and Wanda are. Everyone's on edge about this.

Once the jet lands, everyone hides things around their body. A blade here, a tracker there. Tove hides as much medical suplies as she can under her jacket. Wanda put the tracker barrette that Tony gave her to pin up a few loose strands.

"That looks cute." Tove smiles at the young girl fixing herself up.

"Thanks." The Sokovian smiles shyly. "Gotta look cute before you get tortured."

"Yep, that's what sells." Jo jokes along.

"You guys realize that's not even remotely funny on our end." Tony's voice comes from the speakers of the jet.

"It was a little funny. If your minds in a deep rooted dark optimistic stage of hope." T'challa voices. You can hear the small smile in his tone.

"He's right." Tove chuckles at the commentary.

"Just shut up and focus... please." Tony states sincere but seriously.

"Wow, never would'a guessed he actually has manners." Jo mumbles to herself, causing the other two girls to fight the urge to laugh.

"I heard that."

"I was expecting you to."

"Seriously though, what even is your agenda here?" Tony sounds slightly offended by Jo's carelessness.

"There's not much of one if I'm being honest. I just want to save these girls, mate." She admits matter-of-fact.

"...Don't mate me, woman." Tony frets. Muffled chuckles can be heard over the speakers in the background.

"Don't woman me, rich man."

"Lordy-We're leaving the jet now-love you bye mom!" Tove says quickly while walking off the jet with Wanda not far behind.

"Be safe sweeties!" Tony calls back in a total mom voice.

Once off the jet, Tove pulls out a little scope and starts scanning the beach for any odd shaped alien ships.

"My guess would be the giant rectangle looking thing off in the distance there." Wanda points at said rectangle shape in the ocean a few miles off the beach.

"Great. So now we have to swim five plus miles in order to get tortured? Fun." Jo rolls her eyes. The blond starts kicking the sand as if she was bored already.

"Hey quit doing that. You're getting sand in my boots." Tove complains childishly. "And maybe we don't have to?"

Jo scoffs, "Uh, I think we have to."

"No, cuz Wanda can look pretty obvious with her bright and distracting light up swirls if she really tries hard enough." Tove points out and looks to Wanda for a little word of assurance.

"I'd say so yeah." The Sokovian agrees with an amused frown.

Jo shakes her head, "Aight, go for it then."

Wanda claps her hands together and backs out of their mini huddle in search of something specific. She wanders the beach for a few minutes, passing various shells and broken sand dollars while doing so. Once she reaches a stretch on the beach that has a few man-placed boulders scattered about, Wanda smiles approvingly, "This'll do."

"You think?" Tove raises an eyebrow.

"I'm sure." Wanda confirms confidently. She begins to gracefully twist and twitch her hands and fingers. Not long after, evidence of her abilities start appearing around multiple boulders in the area. Some of them begin to shake and lift up off the ground with sand drizzling off their sides like tears. They lift higher and higher as if they were held by toddlers winding up to throw them at each other.

Once they reach a good fifty feet off the ground, Wanda throws her hands in front of herself and exhales a held breath, and the large chunks of rocks slingshot up into the sky and in the direction of the Kree ship.

"Good aim. Ever think of going pro?" Jo jokes yet sounds impressed.

Wanda shrugs with a satisfied smile, "Not seriously anyways."

Tove doesn't listen the their banter. She just nervously watches the rocks fly through the air like birds till they hit their target with synchronized echoing taps on metal. "You hit'em." Tove states ambivalently.

"That was the goal, I think." Jo casually admits.

"Yeah, I know." Tove responds airy while anxiously crossing her finger over the others.

Wanda notices the sudden change in vibe emitting off of Tove and frowns a little. She walks up to her friend and rests her gentle hand on the opposite shoulder, giving the brunette a side hug. "We got this T." The young girl sounds so sure, Tove can only chuckle a little from how much confidence her friend has and she doesn't have.

Wanda still looked so pure. Her hair pulled out of her face and her eyes bright and young. Her t-shirt tucked in her leggings loosely like any american teenager and her boots almost look too big for her feet. She looked so mature yet so childlike at the same time it reminded Tove of herself way back when. Young and fired up physically, verbally and emotionally.

Tove sighs deeply and nods a little before looking to the girl hugging her. "You're absolutely right."

Not too long after, the three women weren't alone on the beach anymore and were stunned into unconsciousness. 

Your girl was sick with the flu for 5 days and had lots of time to write up this chapter.

Wooooo

Also, what do you think about Bucky having a panic attack?

I personally suffer from sudden panic and anxiety attacks so I tried to somewhat convey those feelings into wrtiting but it was surprisingly hard haha.

As usual I hope you enjoyed this!

Love y'all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 5.3K 103
𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨. 𝙉𝙤 𝙙𝙤-𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨. 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙀𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨.
21.4K 429 23
This is just a book of imagines. (note that these are old! definitely not the best quality.)
1.1M 26.6K 144
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤." (𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤) 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤'𝐬...
1.3K 127 14
𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄...