Omerta ||ʙᴏᴏᴋ 1||

By DelightfulLiz

{Book 1 out of 3 in the Omertà series} Mafia: An orgnaized international body of criminals ,operating in Sici... More

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ɴᴏᴛᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇxᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ
ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ

1.9K 53 5
By DelightfulLiz

The loud engine roar of a car echoed in the warehouse. Everyone's head whipped towards the front doors, Kane still trying to process everything stood behind me with a blank look. I grabbed my gun that was always tucked in my jeans. I took a deep breath and aimed the gun at the front door slowly walking towards it in small steps.

The doors opened making me take a few steps back. Cole walked in removing his useless sunglass since the sun was already down. He fixed the jacket of his designer suit and had his cocky smile plastered on his perfect lips. He signaled for everyone to drop their guns. He sent a glare at me but his green eyes moved to behind me.

"Sky, there are no guest allowed here, you know the rules." Cole roared out. The whispers and chatters continued around as the screams from the basement softly echoed. I cocked my head around looking at Kane, who was still confused.

"Um I have no clue what this is and why you do this Skylar but I'll gladly take my leave." Kane said as he rushed passed me but Cole stopped him dead in his tracks grabbing his arm pushing him back.

"Who the hell are you." Cole asked looking down at Kane who stood as still as a statue.

I yelled for everyone to get back to work. I took a small step getting in between Cole and Kane.

"I'm Kane, now asshole, let me through before I do something I might regret." Kane said pushing me out of the way getting right in Coles face. Kane was so stupid, he had no clue who he was actually messing with. I sighed and rested my hands at my hips.

My head snapped as I heard gunshots plow through the walls. Few bodies fell around, others grabbing their guns and shooting back as a huge group of people holding massive guns blocked the entrances. Cole grabbed me and Kane and we ran as fast as we could but it was too late...

We had collided with the other intruders at the end of the hallway with a thud. I fell back hard knocking my head on the cold hard cement. Each gunshot sent me flashbacks.

The Screams...

The Blood...

The image of my dead father...

The Screams...

The Blood...

Those who I've killed...

I try and scoot back with tears streaming down. Kane rapidly blinking as I grab his hand and pull him towards me. Cole stood behind us with his gun drawn out. I quickly scrambled up and held onto Coles other arm like a damsel in distress. At this point I wasn't there, my head was everywhere but were it needed to be.

I felt the cold muzzle of a gun pressed against the back of my head making me whimper out.

"Drop the gun." The person who held the gun to my head said. I looked up at Cole begging him to drop it. The gun hit the floor with a clank and he turned around raising his hands up.

The gun that was pressed against  my head was pulled away.When I quickly turned around I was met by the face of pure evil

"Did you miss me my little devil." James cackled out with a smirk. Kane took small steps behind me and wrapped his hand in mine. He was like a Chihuahua shaking.

"J...James." I stuttered out. I heard footsteps behind me and I felt a hand wrap around my mouth, they pulled my hand out of Kane's and tied them behind my back. It all happened so fast that I couldn't react.

They led us to the center of the warehouse were two wooden chairs stood back to back. They grabbed a plastic chair and placed it next to them. The man that had his grimy hands on my face threw me on the chair.

"Do you really think I would've let you go that easy, you're my best asset." He said walking towards me. Rubbing the apples of my cheek with his thumb, I shook my head and glared at him. My eyes darted past when I saw all the bodies that lay on the floor around.

"What the fuck is he talking about, Skylar." Cole yelled out from behind me. Although, our backs were against each other I could picture the anger radiating through him, his veins nearly popping out and his fist clenched.

In the distance I saw the front doors open and someone stumbled in falling on their knees. As the tall figure looked up I saw it was Hunter. Blood dripped down his swollen purple nose matching the color of his black eye. I wanted to run out and just help him but under these circumstances I couldn't. A man came up behind him and pressed a gun against his head as he wobbly got up like a newborn giraffe.

This was all happening so fast. I pinched my hand trying to see if this was just one of my nightmares but it wasn't. It didn't disappear when I opened my eyes instead it all played out in front of me.

He walked towards me with his head down but as he came near me he collapsed.

"Hunter..." I screamed out thinking the worse. Where was jack?

My stepbrother's brown eyes stared up at me and he just gave me the Its-ok look. Sending a sigh of relief through my lips as they slightly curled into a smile. I looked up at James who had a sneer on his face. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw hunter's head drop but I was to preoccupied.

"James you don't have to do this." I softly say out batting my eyes.

His eyebrows furrowed and the vein on his forehead popped out. "Of course I do Skylar, think of this as a reckoning." He aimed the gun at me and I just smiled.

'Show no fear for you what people fear' echoed through my head over and over again.

Kane sat next to me like a statue, Cole glared at the men who stood in front of him, and Hunter lay on the floor to beat to get up.

"Cole why so quite? Cat got your tongue?" James said as he slowly walked towards him.

I couldn't see Coles face since out chairs were back to back but I can bet that he just rolled his eyes.

"This is pathetic James. You could've done way better and not a cliché ambush. Now that I look at you I see the resemblance of you and you're family, you're all so weak." Coles voice echoed out.

"Cole stop you'll only make things worse." I huff out in annoyance. I pulled my leg back reaching for the small pocketknife that was hidden in it. I slowly brought it out not trying to drop it.

I held it in my hands slowly cutting away at the noose that held my wrist tightly together. As one of James men walked by I stopped and looked up.

"Yeah Cole listen to the murderous teenager. Why don't you tell him about all the fun you had with me?" James said walking back over to my grabbing my face attempting to do a devilish smirk but just ended up looking like a fool. I rolled my eyes and felt a hard hand hit my face leaving an unpleasant burning sensation.

"I have no shame in it James. I killed over a hundred people just to keep you from even getting near the ones I loved. I would do it over and over again if it meant they were safe. But in the end I would win because I always win no matter how dirty my hands have to get." I slyly said out. The rope that held me snapped. I passed the knife over to Kane and he just smirked. He quickly started cutting at the rope and like nothing it snapped. They were completely oblivious to what we were doing. I held the rope in my hand not wanted to blow the cover just yet.

The knife was back in my hands and we were all free but still a battle to escape was the biggest obstacle ahead. They were armed with guns and we just had our hands and a small knife.

"You know your little girl is still alive. We never killed her but she would be an orphan now, might as well put her out of the misery." I said out clenching the knife in my right hand.

Once again the front door opened. Jessica waddled in behind Jack who was crying his little eyes out.

I look at him and tried to scream out but nothing seem to come out.

"She was weak anyways. Do you really think I would've made it that easy to find my family? I got rid of the ones who were weak but my daughter Jessica was the toughest. She had your stepbrother wrapped around the palm of her hands in just the first night. Then he got her knocked up but it was for the best she had access to your safe zone and is the reason why we were able to catch you all. Get rid of the Hayes children and the last moretti in just one shot what are the chances."

I stood there with my jaw literally dropped. Jessica, the mother of my niece or nephew, was a harper all along. Right under us and no one noticed. Now that I looked at her I saw the resemblance.

She pushed Jack on the floor and he started screaming out for me and Hunter to save him.

My heart shattered into a million pieces hearing his screams. My blood was boiling and I need to let the steam go.

I quickly got up lunging towards James jamming the knife in his neck slicing it. The warm blood splattered on my face.

 Gunfire went off but I turned his bleeding body around me using it as a shield. Cole and Kane got up running towards the men beating them to a pulp with their bare hands.

We were severely out numbered but that didn't stop us. I grabbed the gun that James had in his now lifeless hands and shot at the men. Cole shot off his now acquired gun life wild killing them off like flies. Bullets grazed past my head leaving my ears ringing but it was fight or flight and I wasn't going to give up so easily.

They dropped down like flies and our men who had fled came up killing the rest saving our asses once again. I looked at Kane as the gun in his hands dropped and he looked down.

My eyes moved with his as I saw a red spot growing on his abdomen. I dropped everything and ran towards him.

"Fucking hell." He mumbled out. I pulled him down and put pressure on his wounds. Cole squatted down and just nodded switching places with me putting pressure on his wound as the doctor we had ran towards them with the little white first aid kit.

Hunter looked up blinking repeatedly.

"What the hell happened." He said looking around at the fallen bodies around him.

My eyes looked past as I saw Jessica pointing a gun at my four year old brothers head.

Her  finger was lingering next the trigger.

--------------Authors note-------------

Im so sorry that updates have been taking forever but I've been super unmotivated and just trying to figure out how to progress the story so it isn't boring.

I hope you enjoyed this action packed chapter and I'm sorry if the writing is horrible I'm trying to work on that too.

Don't forget to vote :) Thank you for reading, until next time...

-Liz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6K 53
-MATURE CONTENT- After problems go down in her hometown of Brooklyn, she is sent to Italy by her mobster don father. Unknown to her, she wasn't simpl...
189K 4.9K 33
{COMPLETED in MAFIA SERIES} Love was dangerous especially for people who were dangerous themselves. Sometimes it wasn't fair whom you had to fall for...
740 14 25
When Elizabeth Angelo gets put into an arranged marriage, she finds out her entire family was involved in the mafia, but was sworn to omerta. They de...
624K 14.2K 35
Meet Angela Santiago, the daughter of the most feared mafia boss in Spain and the sister of three overprotective older brothers. She's a loving and n...