Beastly Bones » P. Lahote

By cherryblossxms

❝We're soulmates, Lola.❞ ❝I have a girlfriend. Sorry.❞ The Wilde family had moved to La Push, Washington for... More

Extended Summary
[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
Author's Note (so sorry guys)
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
book 2

[ 14 ]

7.4K 244 17
By cherryblossxms

BOOK 1, Chapter 14

•••••••

Lola reread her results one more time before taking in a deep breath. With shaky breaths, she sent a message to her father telling him to make an appointment for the kidney transplant. She was a match.

After the message sent. She turned off her phone and decided to try and clear her head.

She headed downstairs to the kitchen and decided to make something to eat. She put up her hair and searched for any ingredients to make Chicken Alfredo. When she realized she didn't have anything but the olive oil, salt, and pepper, she resolved to head to the local grocery store in Forks.

When she pulled up, she received many looks. Some appreciative, some jealous, and others were just curious. She didn't pay them any attention and just got a cart and started searching for the ingredients.

She was in the aisle where the pasta sauces were when she bumped into something hard and cold.

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear," a sweet angelic voice spoke.

Lola's initial reaction was to curse because what kind of person was as hard as marble and as cold as ice? She didn't curse out of politeness but when she turned to see who she had bumped into, she tensed.

"Are you alright?" the caramel haired vampire asked.

"Don't pretend to care," Lola muttered quietly. "You're a predator, don't pretend you're anything but that."

And with that, Lola grabbed the pasta sauce she needed and left the taken aback, golden-eyed vampire to her business.

•••••••

"Amor prohibido nos dice todo el mundo—"

The sound of knocking at the door had Lola groan in the middle of her singing and cooking. Her mother was off at work making up for the hours she missed. Jesus was still learning how to control himself since he seemed to lose control faster than Paul. Carmen was hanging out with Brady in an effort to socialize more after their mother had told her to.

Lola swung open the door, an annoyed look on her face, and was ready to tell off whoever had interrupted Selena but stopped short when she saw a familiar face.

"Paul?"

"You look hot," he muttered distractedly.

Lola didn't think she looked that great. She had her hair clipped up and was wearing washed out pants and a tank top with holes. A dirty apron covered her clothing.

"Have you slept?" she asked, though the blush gave away how flattered she was. Then she stepped to the side and motioned for him to come inside. "I'm making Chicken Alfredo, you like?"

Paul shrugged as he followed Lola into the kitchen. Since he was tired, Lola and he didn't talk. Instead, he watched with a lazy smile as she returned to singing in Spanish and cook at the same time. He enjoyed how her hips swayed and how she turned and pretended she was performing on stage.

"You want a big plate or normal one?" Lola asked as she got ready to serve him a plate. She didn't even give him a chance to answer. "Why am I even asking? You can eat a seven meal course for two."

"I'll try not to take offense to that," Paul sarcastically commented. He greedily accepted his full plate though.

"Damn," Lola whispered after she took her first bite. "Gets better each time I do it."

Paul laughed at the look she was giving her plate of food. It was this look of pride and lust, and it had Paul falling for the girls I love him just a little more than he already had. Do you eat in silence exchanging nothing more than teasing smiles here and there. They even went as far as feeding each other like something out of a romantic movie.

After they were done they found themselves watching a movie in the living room. Eventually, they got bored of the movie and moved onto doing what they had deemed to be their thing: asking each other questions.

"Is Chicken Alfredo your favorite food?"

Lola laughed. "No, it's enchiladas estilo Michoacan."

"Ooh," Paul said. "That sounds good."

"It is," Lola confirmed. "What about you? What's your favorite food?"

"Anything that has steak in it," Paul grinned.

"Oh my God," Lola laughed. "That sounds like such a guy thing to say. But I also like steak so whatever."

Paul laughed. They spent an hour just talking about food until exhaustion caught up to Paul and he fell asleep. Lola smiled and tried to make him more comfortable by removing the pillows and putting one under his head and the rest on the floor in case he turned over and fell. She went and got a sheet for him instead of a blanket and covered him with it.

"Lola!"

Lola moved quickly to the front door to shush her mother, who had just gotten home from work. Carmen popped out from behind Alejandra with an eyebrow raised, identical to that of her mother's.

"Paul's asleep?"

"Excuse me?" Alejandra sassed. "¿Qué hace un niño aquí cuando yo no estoy?" (What is a boy doing here when I'm not?)

"Nadamas le di de comer. Lo único que hicimos fue comer y hablar. Es todo." (I only gave him something to eat. All we did was eat and talk. That's it.)

"What did you cook?" Carmen asked.

Lola smiled. "Chicken Alfredo."

Carmen ran off to the kitchen as soon as Lola was done talking. But Alejandra wasn't done talking to her daughter.

"I know you've had boyfriends before," she started.

"Mom, please don't," Lola pleaded.

"But none of them have turned into an animal before," Alejandra continued. "That I know of."

"Okay," Lola stopped her mother. "Two things. One, Paul and I aren't dating. We're something but not a couple. Two, we're bound together for life, okay? We're like soulmates."

Alejandra sighed. She opened her mouth to speak again but nothing came out. She shook her head. "I just need you to be safe and careful."

"I will," Lola promised.

However, she wasn't sure how long she could keep that promise.

•••••••

"Paul."

Paul only moaned and swatted away Lola's poking finger. She had been trying to poke him awake for the past five minutes.

"Paul wake up," Lola demanded, poking Paul hard in the eye.

"OW!" Paul yelled waking up.

"Sam's been calling you nonstop for the last ten minutes," Lola said, and right on cue, his phone started ringing.

Lola left Paul alone to answer his phone and went to pour herself some cereal before school. She had barely eaten a few spoonfuls when Paul rushed into the kitchen.

"I need a ride," he said with a sheepish smile.

"To school?" Lola questioned hopefully even though she already knew the answer.

"You know where," Paul grinned. "Turns out Jacob Black phased last night."

"Let's go," Lola sighed. She was only going to make sure Jacob didn't explode on anyone, specifically Embry and Jesus. "Carmen! Let's go!"

Carmen came running down the stairs already dressed. "Isn't it a little early?"

"Mhm. And we might be late," Lola nodded.

Carmen only rolled her eyes and followed her sister and Paul into Lola's car. The drive was silent and quick.

"Jared!" Carmen yelled before running into Jared's open arms.

"What the hell are they doing here?" Jacob demanded rudely.

Lola ignored him and motioned for her brother to follow her into the woods. She was grateful that he listened to her. She led him to the same place they had talked two days before.

"Don't talk," Lola started right off the bat. "Just listen. I am going to give Felipe my—"

"Lola," Jesus groaned.

"Listen!" Lola raised her voice. "I am going to give him my kidney and I will maintain a civil relationship with him because I am having a little brother. One that I hope to be just as close to him as I am with you. You can bitch and whine but it won't change my decision. I know everything he's done to me because I was there. I was on the receiving end. And I don't need you to remind me of my emotional trauma and abuse."

Lola angrily wiped away at the tears streaming down her face and was about to turn away when Jesus pulled her into a strong, warm hug. Lola let the tears fall and hugged her brother back. She had missed him so much.

"Okay," he whispered as he kissed Lola's temple. "I understand and I'm sorry."

•••••••

a/n: guys this isn't my best work so I'm gonna try super hard to update before this week is over. On another note, do you guys like the cover or should I make it more "aesthetically pleasing" if you will? Thank you for all the comments and support! I may not reply to your comments but I see them and I appreciate them and you guys. Have a happy break with your family and enjoy yourselves!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 12.2K 37
⚠️If you don't like age gap storys they don't bother reading⚠️ Mackenzie Rosette Blade and her family were the first Wolf Shape-shifters in la push b...
218K 4.8K 38
"I'm not as perfect as you think I am. I'm happy go lucky to hide the fact that I'm actually scared inside....dying inside." ~ Delilah Delilah Saint...
392K 7.1K 28
⚠️Short Story!!!!⚠️ 🔞Mature Content🔞 Storm is different from her brother she isn't a Quileute and doesn't have the wolf shifter gene but she does i...
927 40 5
❝ hold on tight. wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright. ❞ paul lahote. (platonic) sam uley. © staticwebs, 2024.