His Nerd Next Door

By HoneyJewelz

One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... More

Authors Note
Velvet Cake
Order In The Court
Ninja Rolls And A Half Naked Ashton
The Bad Boy Blushes
Word Goes Around Fast
Stalker Is Not In My Vocabulary
Meet The Bad Boys
The Secret
Her Crush
Smart Badboy
Awkward Dinner
Sneaking Around In Ashton's Bedroom
Sleeping Beauty
The Step To Becoming A Man
The Principal's Past
Not So Heartless After All
My Poor Innocent Eyes
What Are We
Not So Nice Day Out
Just Keep Running
Gym Times Are Fun Times, Yeah Right
You Violent Love Struck Puppy
King Of The Badboys
My Suspicious Mother
Afraid
What Is She To Me
She Likes Him
The Sad Truth Of A Lie
Pure Muscle Baby
Was He Flirting With Me
Zandy Mandy And Ashy Pashy
Punch Me
To Be Loved
Girl Fights
Hunt Me Down
Zander's Ship
Devils And Angels
D Is For Disaster
Need Peanut Butter For That Jelly
Only Wanted Attention
What I Lost Is What I'll Lose
Stuck In A Pickle
Some Fatherly Advice
His Mask His Weakness
It Was All Him
His Disapproving Father
Do You Trust Me
What They Know
Unexpected Guests
He Let Go
Epilogue
Second Book
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
Gianna And Jake Bonus
Update: Thank You

Let Them Play

550K 23.4K 9.9K
By HoneyJewelz

Fan Cover by @fairy-bones

Julie's pov:

*Beep*

*Beep*

"Julie, honey, wake up."

I roll over and open my eyes slightly to see my dad shaking me awake.

"Why" I hear my self mutter while turning away from him and pulling the covers over my head.

He sighs and rips the covers off my head. "Julie it's Monday."

"So.."

"You have school today."

I look over at the clock to see its 6:10.

"Dad I have ten minutes before the bus comes."

Wait...

"NOT AGAIN!!!" I yell as I jump up scaring the crap out of my dad.

I quickly push him out of my room and I search my closet for something to wear.

You know what.. leggings and a flannel sounds good today.

Once I'm dressed, I brush my teeth and pull my hair up into a high bun before grabbing my glasses and running down the stairs.

"Time check?" I ask my mom.

She pulls out her phone, "6:18"

I put on my backpack while grabbing my phone off the counter and make my way to the bus stop.

To my surprise, Ashton is already there.

He must have not gotten his car back.

I don't know if he didn't see me because he was so focused on his phone or he was just ignoring me.

But all thoughts of ignoring me vanished when he looked up at me and grinned, not the cocky grin, more like I acknowledge your existence grin.

I give a grin back before he looks back at his phone without saying anything.

Well that was weird.

I quietly stand off to the side and silently stand there waiting for the bus like everyone else.

When it comes, we just board it and sit down.

It was a way quieter bus ride, and barely anybody talked.

The bus driver even looked surprised and tried not to show it.

I took a glance behind me to see all the kids just on their phones, only exchanging a couple words with their neighbors.

What is going on?

~~~~~~

"Hey Gianna" I say walking up to her locker.

"Hey." She says smiling at me.

Just like the bus, it was super quiet. The school even looked empty.

"Why is the school so quiet today?" I ask her.

She gives me a dumbfounded look. "You didn't hear?"

"Hear what?" I ask her. She shakes her head and lowers her voice.

"It's all over social media."

"What's over social media?"

"Saturday night, the football team threw this huge party at one of their houses. I of course, did not attend. But apparently, they got caught, and the police and school got involved."

Now that I look around, I can't even detect one football player walking around the halls, not even half the cheer squad.

"What ended up happening?"

"Most of them got suspended from school for a couple days, I'm not sure how long, but they can't play this weeks football game."

"I thought they were on a losing streak?"

"Oh they were, but then last week, like you, this new kid arrived and got the team a victory. And this was not only a regular game, it was the first game that leads to the championship finals."

"Woah." I say. That must be horrible. I mean, I heard that a lot of them are jerks, but to finally get a chance at something and totally screw it up before it even happens must be awful.

"So is that why no one's really talking to one another?" I ask her.

She nods her head. "Yeah everyone is on social media, either telling their friends, or finding out more of the story."

Suddenly we start to hear yelling coming down the hallway.

We speed walk over there to see a group of students holding up big signs outside the principals office.

A lot of them read 'Save the football team' or 'Let them play"

"This is crazy." I whisper to Gianna.

They kept chanting, even when the five minute bell went off. Not one of them even moved in inch.

"Do these normally happen?"

"Not at all."

Before we get in trouble, we walk away and head to our classroom.

When the bell went off, half the students weren't even here.

Some because of the suspension and others because of the riot.

"Hello.....class?" Mr. Walker more like asks as he takes a look around his half empty classroom.

While he was taking attendance, he would shake his head disappointedly every time a student was absent.

We ended up barely doing anything because Mr.Walker didn't want the students who weren't here to "miss too much."

But hey!

I didn't mind one bit.

And that's pretty much how my day went, sitting around in class doing random stuff.

My history teacher even started playing the Lion King because they had nothing else to do.

And I LOVE the Lion King.

I mean, Hakuna Matata.

~~~~~~~~

"It looks so empty in here!" Gianna says as we walk into the cafeteria.

"Yeah, I wonder if it's going to be like this all week."

"I hope so."

We walk to our usual corner by the window and grab our packed lunches from home.

What? I really don't want to try and figure out what is in the mystery meat.

It's seriously called mystery meat.

I started to hear the cafeteria get quieter, well, quieter than the quieter it was, if you some how get that.

I look over to see Jake, Luke, Damien, Zander, and Ashton walk in.

And guess who walked in with them.

I'll give you a hint, movie theatre girl.

"I'm surprised Luke is still with that Samantha girl." Gianna says rolling her eyes and turning back around to her lunch.

I turn back around also.. "What do you mean?"

"It clear that she's only using him to get to Ashton, see look." She says nodding her head at where they were now sitting.

I look over to see the boys talking while Samantha was sitting by Luke.

"What are you talking about? It looks pretty normal to me."

"Wait for it..." Gianna says smirking.

I look over again to see Samantha look up at Ashton. She started to inch closer to him, even tried rubbing her arm on him.

"She did seem odd at the movie theatre..." I mutter under my breath.

"What do you mean?"

I mean, yes Gianna is my best friend and all.

And it's not like I don't trust her or anything..

But I can't find it in words how to explain 'We might be friends but we might not be friends but I'm not sure if we are friends or fake friends or more than friends like best friends but they didn't say we were best friends so we might not be best friends but friends but even not friends.'

...

Too much?

"You know.. when we saw them sitting behind us?" I say.. well more like asked.

She looks like she is thinking for a second.

"Yeah, I guess your right."

Suddenly we start to hear yelling, the same yelling from this morning, getting closer.

Everyone again looks at the entrance to see all the people part of the riot walking in.

Then one of them, maybe the leader or something, climbed on top of a table.

"Here we go." Gianna mutters under her breath rolling her eyes.

"Ladies and gentlemen!!" The guy starts off saying.

I look over to see one of the cafeteria ladies run out of the room probably getting the principal.

But I'm pretty sure the guy didn't notice because he kept on talking.

"As you know, our poor, innocent, football team are now not allowed to play at this weeks game...... This game leading them to the final championship." He states.

First of all..

Innocent?

Hah!!

Some kids looked interested, while others just look totally unamused and bored just eating their lunch.

"But with your help, we can stand up for the team.. for this school!! And get them to play once again this Friday!!" He yells.

Lots of students clapped, while others yelled out in protest.

"Why do I feel like I am listening to an ad?" I whisper to Gianna.

She laughs.

"They weren't going to win anyways!!!" Someone screams out. The whole room goes dead silent as they try to detect the person who said it.

"Who dare speak out against our football team?!"

I look over to see a boy stand up.

Is that... Zander?

"I did." He says proudly, smirking at the rest of the boys.

"Wh- what makes you say that??!" He stumbles on his words knowing who he is talking to.

"They only got as far as they did because of the shitty new kid. If they weren't idiots, they wouldn't have thrown the party in the first place. So they got what they deserved." He says.

The whole cafeteria goes up in an uproar. Kids screaming agreeing with Zander.

Zander smirks again before sitting down and going back to his lunch with the boys like nothing even happened.

The principal runs in followed by the lunch lady rounding up everyone involved with the riot and sending them to his office.

It's only the beginning of my second week of school from moving here, and I already experienced more here than in my whole entire life time.

You know, alligators aren't sounding to bad right now back at my old house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
196 22 10
"What the hell were you thinking you bastard? Jumping in the middle like that" she shrieks loudly, her face fueling with anger. I look at her baffled...
107K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...