Robbers;Matt Healy

By MikeyTommo

Matt Healy, 24 year old with not a care in the universe. Rebecca H... More

Robbers;Matt Healy
Chapter 1
Chapter 3

Chapter 2

349 4 4
By MikeyTommo

Rebecca's POV

I groaned at the exposure of the sun rays that hit my face once I woke up. This was never the most beautiful time of day. In fact, it was the worst. Opening both eyes at once, I realized I made a mistake. I knew it wasn't a good idea drinking at all last night. Lifting the comforter up to my face, I covered it above my head, as it covered the annoying light of a beautiful Sunday morning. Breathing slowly, I tried to doze off once more into a quiet slumber, but the smell of pancakes brought my body to move on its own and walk towards the kitchen.

"Morning, Bec." Jess spoke cheerily as she flipped a pancake on the stove. I groggily rubbed my eyes once more, as I walked over to her. What the hell was she doing up so early at...I looked at the clock that hung on the wall,and my eyes widened in contrast to their earlier state, the clock read 12:00pm. Holy Crap it was noon. I internally screamed.

"Why didn't you think of waking me up earlier?!?" I shot back as i made an exit back towards my room and began picking an outfit for the day. I was literally an hour and a half late to my shift at the local bookstore/cafe off campus. That job depended my life on it. Without it, I wouldn't be able to pay my half of our shared apartment.

"Calm yourself Bec, god, you we're hungover, I was hungover. We we're both hungover. Get over it. Now stop yelling, it really isn't helping my headache." She calmly responded as I walked into the kitchen jumping as I put a pair of jeans on.

"I was not hungover." I pressed, as I began to tie up my converse high tops. She looked at me quizzically before returning to her pancakes and sliding one onto a plate.

"Are you planning on staying for breakfast?" She asked.

"No, I'm late for my shift." I annoyingly replied as I began to make my way out the door.

"Okay," She replied. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my own car keys from the hanger and exited the door. What a morning.

-----------------------

Walking into the library, I settled my bag on the counter with enough force that could send a rocket ship out of this world. Everything was fine, until my drunken state left me and I remembered of last night's occurrences. One man who only took a couple hours to take over my mind completely. One man who wouldn't leave my mind as much as I hated it. One man, Matt Healy, as he called himself.

~Flashback~

"I never actually got your last name." I timidly spoke as I sipped from my Shirley Temple. He looked amused for an instant and gave me a cocky smirk. That smirk. He had been giving it to me various times throughout the time we spent we together, yet it always had the same affect on me.

"Healy." He replied. As he ran a hand through his hair, and kept his stare on me. "Matthew Healy." He repeated with more confidence. His eyes sparkled with some sort of sadness. Suddenly the entire situation changed and the atmosphere seemed a lot more sorrowful. "But I prefer to be called Matt," he added before he took a long drink out of the drink in his hand.

"And why is that Matt?" I inquired hoping to find out as much as I could of this man. I don't know what it was that gave me the actually courage to, but he intrigued me in a way that I hadn't felt about in a long time. Maybe it was because I hadn't been in a relationship for quite some time. Maybe I was just being indenial, I don't need to be in a relationship. No, what am I thinking?

"Umm." He shook his head as if he was battling with his thoughts whether he should say something or not. Maybe I was pushing it. "It's personal." He barely murmured for only my ears to hear. GIving him a faint smile, I did the most bravest move I've done the entire night. I rested my hand on his.

~End of flashback~

I cursed at myself. What the hell in the right mind was I thinking? Ugh, yes I felt sympathy for him for a moment. For a moment! And look where that got me? yeah, he probably played that trick on every other girl he 'saved' from other drunken passersby. Hell, he 'stole' from other men. No, correction, what is there to steal? I am not an object to steal. I groaned in frustration as I tugged at the roots of my hair. This was not how things we're supposed to work.

My co worker shot me a glimpse as if to shut up and get to work. I held it in myself to not lash out on her or else I knew she would complain and I'd lose yet another job. Smiling back at her, I grabbed a stack of books and began to pile them into a cart. If I'm going to put my frustration into something I might as well be focused.

Before walking off, I inserted my earphones into my phone and turned up the volume to one of my 'angry' playlists. Music, could always change something. At least it's better. I walked through aisles as I shoved the books back into place.

I thought back to last night. Why? I thought we we're actually going somewhere but with him wanting to get into my pants really changed things and made it more clearer. That's all he wanted right? Playing games with me to get me to pity him and then use his charm to fool me to get into bed. Ugh! I accidentally shoved one book to hard and down came piling a couple 5 off the shelve. There wasn't enough groaning to go around so I just slid off the shelf onto the floor.

I hugged my knees close as the most stupidest randomest song in every history found itself playing in my 'angry' playlist.

Hey there Delilah

Don't you worry about the distance

I'm right there if you get lonely

Give this song another listen

Close your eyes

Listen to my voice, it's my disguise

I'm by your side

Tears brimmed at my eyes and I found myself wiping them away quickly. No, I shouldn't be crying over this. Christ, how did my frustration get me here? Cause of him. You know it wasn't the same. Something changed. He was different.

Different.

I held a secret. A secret that would always block me from experiencing another love story. Something that would deny me the access to ever feel the same way about someone. Funny, really when you think about it. Me? Goody two shoes college girl fell in love once? Yes. I did. Was I to ever want to feel the same way? No.

Now why was it that when I was around him, this secret suddenly held no manner, no actual use to stop me from feeling something.

"Get up. This isn't your free time Rebecca. We all have jobs to do, Now get up, before I report you." Sam's voice snapped my thoughts as I looked up to see here standing a few feet in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest. She could really be a b.itch sometimes.

Getting up, I rubbed at my eyes, disappearing of any possible trace that I was crying. I knew they would look blotchy but my skin would dissolve of the blotchiness soon enough. That was the pro to having a tanner skin than most light colored girls.

Picking up the books that had previously fallen on the floor, I began to stack them back in place. Seeing Sam still observing me challengingly, I turned to look at her. She glared at me with menacing eyes that always hit me since day one. She didn't like me it was obvious enough. I never was the one to live up to people's expectations as my appearance was 'dark' enough. Really all I had was quite a small collections of piercings in my ears that most people mistook me as dark. People, strangers we're always first to judge. 'Look at her, stay away from her. She means trouble.'

Yet, when in reality, I obsess over Game of Thrones and listen to boy bands such as One Direction. I raised an eyebrow at her before subtly asking if she needed anything else. She threw her blonde locks behind her as she turned and walked away from me. That seemed more like it.

Plugging in my headphones into my ears, I switched off my current playlist and played one of One Direction's album. I mean I might as well, really.

There was something that was pulling me back to my past. As cliche as it really sounds, I have a secret. I mean, everyone has secrets, but here and there someone ends up sharing it and then it's no longer a secret. What's the point of having a secret if you're going to tell someone anyway? What I'm to get at here is that I haven't told my deepest darkest secret, aside from my One Direction obsession. My secret was held in the past and it shouldn't really challenge my barriers. No one could get it. Not even Jess knows of it. No one would be able to get in this time.

I wouldn't allow it.

Jess' POV

It was 11 pm now. And here I was boringly sitting down at the bar waiting for a man to buy me a drink.

The entire day I had been debating whether or not to go out again since last nights mishaps. So here I was, sitting in a stool. Waiting for another one night stand. I don't know what it was, that drove me to be so needy as for attention but that's just how I am. In contrast to Bec.

Bec. Crap, I forgot to tell her I was going out. Swiftly taking my phone out, I sent her a quick text.

Hey, I went out, again. Probably be home later, don't wait up.

A text soon came in.

yeah, I figured, my shift is ending soon anyways. Night.

As I was about to text back with  a remark as to what she meant by 'I figured" I was suddenly stopped by a mysterious presence in front of me.

"Hi." He had an accent. English, i presumed. I looked him up and down rather unworkmanlike but he was gorgeous. Too attractive. Well this was going to be fun. Looks like I'm going to have quite the night today.

"Hi." I subtly replied as I shot him a quick smirk. "What's your name handsome?" I asked cockily as I tapped my fingers against the cold tiled bar.

He didn't fail to reply, just like I like them. He didn't take too much time, nor too little. His lips curved and the last words he said we're not what I was expecting.

"You don't need to know that if all we're going to do is f.uck."

My mouth fell open. Well straightforward he is. I guess he's into one night stands like me. This won't be so difficult as I thought.

"Really? and what makes you say that?" I challenged as I swiped my tongue over my bottom lip in a  seductive way. He faintly smirked. Cocky.

"You dress like a whore. If I we're to be a gentleman, I'd ask for your name. Yet, here I am offering you a good f.uck. Care to reply? Or am I wasting my time?"

Wow. His words amaze me. He just called me out as a complete slut. I would be offended for my unlady like portrayance but...it's true. I'm a slut. Last time I checked, I really didn't give much of a damn. So here I was, still dumbstruck as to his fazed words. Never, had I ever, come across a man this straightforward.

I quickly shot him a look as to give me a minute and I took out my phone once more.

Night. I sent the message to Bec before turning off my phone completely.

Turning my attention back to the unknown hot stranger, I grabbed his hand. "Let's go." He nodded, and we made our way out of the club into what I would soon recognize as a remarkable unforgettable night.

A/N

Uh, god, sorry for the slow boring filler chapter. Wasn't really feeling it. But I know where this STORY IS going so stay tuned. As for Bec's interest in OneDirection, I actually put that in there for myself bc well...I have a thing for the brown haired pot head. :)

Stay tuned guyssss srry again. So now Jess' POV...yep laters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 8K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
978K 41.1K 82
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
337K 14K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
154K 6.2K 46
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...