dangerous liaisons [1] โ˜† tw

By STONEC0LDCRAZY

๐‘ซ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘บ ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘จ๐‘ฐ๐‘บ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘บ -life changes when you least expect it [COMPLETED] [SEASON ONE] [BOOK O... More

intro.
cast.
prologue
i. HYPOTHETICAL WOLF
ii. STILES' GIRLFRIEND
iii. TEAM VILES
iv. "THAT'S THE BIGGEST ONE I'VE SEEN"
v. A FEMALE ROBIN?
vi. EMERGENCY AMPUTATION
viii. HEART MONITOR
ix. SLEEPOVER AT BHHS
x. FROM DUSK TILL DAWN
xi. LUNATIC
xii. SCHEMING SALLY
xiii. TRUTH BE TOLD
xiv. THE HUMAN DRESS RACK
xv. SCREWING THE POOCH NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD
xvi. SLOWLY TURNING
xvii. THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL
xviii. AUTHORS NOTE
xix. BOOK 2 IS OUT

vii. WHERE'S WALDO?

1.1K 50 4
By STONEC0LDCRAZY

CHAPTER SEVEN
"WHERE'S WALDO?"

✦✧✦ ✧✦ 

Violet pulled her shoes on as she heard the honking horn of the jeep outside. Scott wasn't home, and neither was their mother, so since the 15 year old didn't want to be alone that night, she decided to spend it with her best friend.

The honking ceased when Violet walked out of her house to lock the door and hopped into the jeep. When they began going towards Stiles' house, his phone rang. Going to reach for it in his pocket, Violet slapped his hand away and grabbed his phone for him.

"It's your dad." She announced.

"Gimme—" Stiles started, but was cut off when Violet answered the phone for him.

"Hey, Mr. Stilinski, Stiles can't come to the phone right now, he's driving." Violet answered, putting emphasis on the word driving and throwing a look Stiles' way.

"Hey, Vi. Look, tell Stiles that it if he wants to grab dinner with me then to come now, you can come if you want to as well." The sheriff said.

"Thank you very much, I will gladly pass on the message." Violet said, hanging up soon after, "your dad wants to get dinner with us."

"Now?" Stiles asked disbelievingly.

"Yeah." Violet replied. "I'm actually kind of hungry, though."

Upon arrival at the Stilinski household, Stiles parked the jeep in the driveway and the sheriff's car was already on the curb waiting for the pair.

The two hopped in; Stiles in front, Violet in the back, and head out for the nearest restaurant in town.

✦✧✦

Traffic bustled past the hungry trio while they ate their dinner, "Hey, did they forget my curly fries?" The sheriff asked as Violet took a bite of her tuna wrap.

"You're not supposed to eat fries—especially the curly ones." Violet said through a mouthful of food.

"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries." Papa Stilinski said matter-of-factly. 

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you, are, wrong." Stiles butted in. "If anyone knows their stuff, it's Vi. She's gonna be a doctor one day."

"Nurse." Violet corrected with a small smile spreading across her face.

Stiles made a hand motion as if correcting himself and took a sip of his soda as the radio transmitter inside the cop car buzzed.

"Unit one, do you copy?" The officer on the other side of the intercom asked.

Stiles immediately reached for the walkie-talkie only to have his hand wacked away by his father who threw him a look.

"Sorry." Stiles mumbled.

Sheriff Stilinski picked up the intercom and responded. "Unit one, copy."

Stiles took a small pile of curly fries and stuffed them into his mouth before offering them to Violet, which she gladly declined as she sipped on her water.

"We got a report of a possible 187." the officer replied over the intercom system.

The pale boy who sat beside his father shot his head up immediately. With a mouth full of curly fries he said, "a murder?" his voice muffled by the fries.

The sheriff sighed before starting the engine of the police car and driving off to the scene of the reported murder.

Upon arrival to the scene, which turned out to be at the video store, an ambulance was parked  out front and Violet saw a very familiar Porsche parked outside as well.

Jackson and Lydia were standing outside the back of the ambulance. Lydia was sitting inside while Jackson looked pissed off as he stood in front of his girlfriend. The sheriff got out of the car and told the two teenagers in the car to stay inside; although it was mostly directed to Stiles.

The two looked on and around the scene and Stiles caught an EMT rolling a gourney out of the video store while his dad talked to Jackson who was visually pissed off and wanted to go home. Stiles's head shot up immediately and he stood up to get out of the car.

"Stiles—!" Violet hissed.

"Oh, woah! Is that a dead body?!" he exclaimed a little too loud, turning Jackson and Sheriff Stilinski's attentions away from their unsavory conversation.

"Shut up!" Violet whispered after she noticed everyone was staring at Stiles and got out of the police vehicle.

"Did you hear what he was saying to my dad?" he asked Violet, who nodded in grim agreement.

While Stilinski told everyone to back away from the scene, the two teenagers cringed back into the car.

How did your night go?

✦✧✦ 

The next morning at school, while everyone arrived together, Stiles and Violet hadn't seen Scott or Allison all day. Coincidence? I think not.

"I saw Allison walking in this morning," Violet told Stiles at the end of the day as she put her items in her locker, "we walked in with my idiot brother, but he hasn't been answering calls or texts all day. I don't have Allison's number so I have no way of reaching her. We could stop by her house if you want—"

"No way!" Stiles cut her off, "her dad is terrifying. And did you forget the part where he tried to kill Scott?"

"He didn't know it was him." Violet tried.

"All the more reason not to go." The boy smiled. "Why don't we go to Lydia's instead? I heard she was out today. Maybe we could go check up on her."

"Was that before or after you fell off the stool in class?" Violet laughed innocently as she closed her locker and began walking away.

"That's not funny, you know?! That's—you don't even care." Stiles muttered before catching up with the chocolate haired girl.

✦✧✦

At Lydia's house, her mother escorted them inside, "Honey there's a Stiles and Violet here to see you."

"What the hell...is a Stiles?" Lydia asked as the pair of teenagers entered the girl's lavish bedroom.

"She took a little something to ease her nerves, you can go in." her mother said.

"What are you guys doing here?" Lydia asked before taking a look over at Violet, "you have some good style for a freshman."

"Uh, thanks." Violet thanked Lydia, habitually smoothing down her outfit as she did so.

"I—We were just making sure you were okay." Stiles came in.

"Why?" Lydia asked, looking at her fingers as if she were a small child discovering them for the first time ever and patted her bed for Stiles to sit down.

He's so in love. Violet thought to herself, rolling her eyes.

"Because I—"

"WE." Violet cut in.

"We were worried about you today."

"How you feeling, Lydia?" the younger McCall asked.

"I feel...fan-tast-ic." Lydia answered, coming up lose and personal with Stiles' face, which he was obviously enjoying.

He chuckled as he smiled at the strawberry blonde before forming his lips into an 'O' shape when he saw the pill bottles on her nightstand.

"I bet you can't say 'I saw Suzy sitting in a shoeshine shop' ten times fast." Stiles asked when he read the pill bottle.

"No wonder she's so out of it, she's higher than the damn Empire State building!" Violet said when Stiles handed her the pill bottle.

"I saw Shuzy...I shaw.." Lydia trailed off. "I saw..."

"What? Lydia what did you see?" Stiles asked in a panicked tone. He'd known something was off about the situation at the video store. "Something like..." he trailed off, "like a mountain lion?"

"A mountain lion." said Lydia absentmindedly.

"Are you sure you saw a mountain lion, or are you just saying that because that's what the police told you?" Violet added from behind Stiles.

"A mountain lion." the dazed girl answered in reassurance.

That was when Stiles came up with an idea. Seeing the giraffe plushie on her nightstand, he picked it up and showed it to Lydia, "what is this?"

"A mountain lion." Lydia repeated.

"Oh, kay." Stiles sighed, plopping the toy back to its place and taking a breath, "you're so drunk." he said almost lovingly to Lydia, which made Violet cringe, and Lydia did the most unimaginable thing, she just dozed off onto Stiles' leg. "Oh, my--" he gasped audibly.

"Seriously? If she was half sane she wouldn't even dream of doing that. Not on those Walmart jeans." The younger McCall remarked at her best friend.

"Excuse me, these are JC Penney. Alright, let's go." he replied, taking Lydia and laying her onto her pillow.

As soon as Lydia woke up, Violet piped up, "alright, well, we should...go. Let you get back to your whole PTSD thing. C'mon, Stiles." she said, ushering the lovestruck boy out the door.

"mmmh, stay." Lydia sighed, to which Stiles jumped at the opportunity, and Violet simply rolled her eyes.

"Wha--Stiles!" Violet exclaimed when Stiles basically hopped right back inside.

"She said stay!" he defended himself. "You don't just leave when someone tells you to stay." closing the door behind him when Lydia began tapping on the bed for him to sit right next to her.

"What kind of pre-porno bull is this?" Violet muttered as Stiles sat himself back onto her bed.

"Stay," Lydia whispered as she lightly caressed his face with her hands, "please...Jackson."

Violet broke her silence after that, basically howling with laughter after Lydia said Jackson's name instead of his. It was like something straight out of Friends.

"Shut up." Stiles said sternly as he stood up to quickly leave Lydia's bedroom while Violet was still laughing at Lydia's words.

Then Lydia's phone chimed and the pair silenced themselves. What were they to do? "Do you want me to get that?" Stiles asked Lydia, who was now asleep on her bed once more, "I don't..." he trailed off as he clicked something and a video popped up on the screen. "Vi, come look at this." he called over.

There was a figure on the screen, one the pair couldn't quite decipher. The background looked like the video store that Lydia and Jackson were at the previous night. Two red dots appeared and moved quickly across the small screen of Lydia's phone and the video paused. The two red dots turned out to be eyes and the creature looked nothing like a mountain lion.

"We need to go." Violet said quickly, "NOW." she emphasized, tugging on Stiles' wrist as she pried him away from the new situation they would have to deal with.

✦✧✦ 

Stiles and Violet had been calling and texting Scott a numerous amount of times, only to be slapped in the face by his voicemail message the had been getting more annoying with every call that didn't get answered. It was almost as if Violet's brother had fallen off the face of the earth or something.

"Hey, it's me again. Look, Vi and I found something and we don't know what to do, okay? So if you could turn your phone on right now, that'd be great, or else, I'll kill you! Do you understand me, I'm gonna kill you! And I'm too upset to come up with a witty description of how I'm gonna kill you, but I'm just gonna do it, okay? UGH!" Stiles yelled into his phone before hanging up and tossing his phone on his bed.

With a huff and a puff, Stiles plopped himself down onto his computer chair in frustration. Violet hadn't said a word since she told Stiles to try calling her idiot brother again.

There was a knock on the door, and both teenagers' heads shot up at the speed of light, but were saddened to see it was only the sheriff.

"Please tell me I'm gonna hear good news at this parent/teacher thing tonight." the sheriff asked his son with caution.

"Depends on how you define good news." Stiles grimaced while messing with something that lay on his desk.

"I define it as you getting straight A's with no behavioral issues."

"Might wanna rethink that definition."

"Enough said. I'm sure Vi fits my definition. Can I adopt you instead? Have your mother take Stiles?"

"She can't even handle him for 10 minutes, much less living at our house, sheriff." Violet chuckled.

"Well, I tried. I'll see you kids later." the sheriff said before walking out.

Stiles sighed once his dad was gone, "what are we gonna do about that video?"

"And where the hell is my brother?" Violet asked.

---
12-4-17
6-13-18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.1K 2.8K 20
๐’๐Ž๐‘๐‚๐„๐‘๐„๐’๐’ โ”โ” โœงห–*. | โLike fire, our love will burn.โž | โœงห–*. In which a former CIA recruit rekindles with her past fling through a series of...
984K 39K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
485K 30.4K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.9K 204 64
In 1980s Indiana, Judy Hopper and her group of young friends witness supernatural forces and secret government exploits. As they search for answers...