Transform (Jughead Jones, Riv...

By RockDD20

"Just tell me what happened that night!!" Some secrets can bring people together, some can tear them apart. ... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
CHAPTER 1: SWEETWATER DROWNING
CHAPTER 2: STITCHES
CHAPTER 3: THE BELLY OF THE BEAST
CHAPTER 4: A PERFECT MATCH
CHAPTER 5: THE FEAR OF TOADS
CHAPTER 6: WHAT AN ADDICTION
CHAPTER 7: A LIFE WITHOUT COFFEE
CHAPTER 8: STICKY MAPLE
CHAPTER 9: THE BAT AND CUTTERS
CHAPTER 10: BROKEN GLASS
CHAPTER 11: THE BROTHER OF ANNA
CHAPTER 12: AN INCONVENIENT LIE
CHAPTER 13: WHITE BOWS AND A BLACK JACKET
CHAPTER 14: SOBS AND SNEAKS
CHAPTER 15: BLACK LACE
CHAPTER 16: FUNERAL OF THE CENTURY
CHAPTER 17: PHONE CALLS AND HAPPY JUICE
CHAPTER 18: FLICKERING FLASHES
CHAPTER 19: FLASE ACCUSATIONS
CHAPTER 20: BACKLASH
CHAPTER 21: BABY SHOWER SECRETS
CHAPTER 22: CODE RED
CHAPTER 23: FOX IN A HOUSE OF HENS
CHAPTER 24: AN ARGUMENT OF LOVERS
CHAPTER 25: SECRETS AND SINS
CHAPTER 26: SNOW FLAKES
CHAPTER 27: THE UNDERWOODS
CHAPTER 28: THE FLIGHTLESS BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 29: GRILLING RAGE ON BOTH SIDES
CHAPTER 30: HOMECOMING PART ONE
CHAPTER 31: HOMECOMING PART TWO
CHAPTER 32: BUS STOP BLUES
CHAPTER 33: THE DEATH
CHAPTER 35: BROKEN HANDS AND HEARTS
BOOK 2

CHAPTER 34: LEAVING RIVERDALE

2.7K 57 1
By RockDD20

'Do you hear that? It's my heart breaking

I do not own any of Riverdale, only my characters

A part of me expected to wake up like every other day, and in a way, I did. But I remembered everything, how Clifford Blossom really killed Jason, and that he killed himself. Barrels of syrup at his feet filled with drugs. I wish-no I prayed things could go back to the way they were, but this is Riverdale, nothing is ever going to go back to normal.

I stood from my bed, practically throwing myself down the stairs and into the kitchen. Marcus stood at the coffee machine in his pyjamas, he turned around a large yawn coming from him as he held a fresh cup of coffee. I gave him a tired smile and snatched the cup from his palms "thanks big bro" I said taking long sip "hey! That was my coffee" Marcus whined, I waved him off and continued drinking my coffee with joy. I sat down at the table and looked outside the window, I felt contempt despite obvious circumstances. I peered back at Marcus as he waited for his new cup of coffee, he still seemed rigid and I then realised that he and I hadn't finished our conversation from yesterday.

"Hey, blondie" I called, he turned and looked to me, I patted the seat next to me and slowly he approached. "Yeah?" He questioned, I took a quick sip of my coffee "we didn't finish our conversation from yesterday" I said. His whole face went pale, his persona going weak "um, I'd rather not talk about it" I arched an eyebrow at him "Marcus, seriously you need to tell me what's going on. You've been acting weird ever since homecoming" I said.
His face turned dark and his teeth gritted, his fists curled and un-curled and I could see the anger behind his eyes. He moved closer to me and bent down his eyes squinting into glare "Anna, I don't want to talk about homecoming night. You got that" he growled despite that he was clearly getting pissed off. His emotions snapping like a twig. I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded "yeah, okay" he looked in my eyes, his dark and full of rage, that only made me more terrified.

"We're leaving in ten so be quick" he said leaning back and go back to the coffee machine, "I uh, I think I'm going to drive myself. I have to pick up Jughead" I lied, if he was in a mood again I don't want to be in the car with him. "Okay, I'll see you around school then" he said taking the full cup of coffee and walking back up to his room.

"You should have seen him Juggie, it was like he was someone else" I said as Jughead and I sat at pops, we had decided to skip the first half of school and hang out at pops, just so we didn't have to think about everything. "Are you alright?" He asked furrowing his brows with genuine concern reaching and grasping my hands, I smiled at him "yeah, I'm fine" I said leaning in as our lips connected. In pulled back slightly and cuddled into his side "why can't it always be like this" I whispered, Jughead chuckled his hand stroking my hair "because this is Riverdale, I wonder what's next for this town. A murderer?" He laughed, I giggled along with him. "Yeah right, Riverdale's very own Norman Bates" I smirked looking up into his bright eyes "as disturbing as it it, I'd like to see that" my smile widened at him.

"Only you would want that" I laughed snuggling into his jacket more "and only you would be entertained by it" Jughead added cupping my cheeks and kissing me again, our lips moved in perfect sync, butterflies fluttering in my stomach and my skin burning with electricity. I could stay like this forever, just Jughead and I, sitting in a booth two coffees between us and Jughead's usual of two burgers in front of him. We pulled away, a large smile on our faces "do just want to skip the rest of the day, I don't want to go back" I whispered our foreheads touching and our noses nuzzling. Jughead held my cheeks, his long fingers tracing my jawline, I pulled back and stole one of his fries tossing it in mouth chewing with a grin. He returned the smile and leaned back into his seat, for what seemed like hours we sat slumped at Pops, the fries and burgers keeping us amused as we simply just enjoyed each other's company.
We were woken from that simple dream when my phone made a ding sound, I frowned checking my phone seeing a message from Betty. She was absolutely seething about the jubilee, Riverdale high had refused to let Jughead stand on the stage with the others and that made my rage bubble up to a million.

"Mayor McCoy is nothing but a self-loving, denying bitch" I growled texting Betty back, Jughead looked to me as his hand rubbed my knee, my legs draped over his "what is it?" He asked lean in closer to see my text message. "I'm not doing it, not unless your up there too, Jug" I said shaking my head tossing my phone on the table, Jughead smirked at me "I appreciate the righteous indignation, Anna, I do. But Jubilees aren't my thing" he said continuing to trace thumbs on my knee. "I know, but they should at least still offer. Especially since you helped catch Clifford Blossom" I said the lines in my forehead creasing, Jughead smiled "it's alright, Anna, seriously. I would've said no if they asked anyway" he reached up and smoothed out my creases before returning to my legs.
I let out a sharp breath, my head leaning on his shoulder as I closed my eyes "have you ever left Riverdale?" I whispered. I felt Jughead move and place his arm over my shoulder "no, have you?" He asked, I nodded yes "when I was little, I think it was when my aunt died. I don't really remember, except the leaving Riverdale sign" I said opening my eyes. "Do you wanna go there?" He asked, I leaned up and arched an eyebrow "you want to go to the leaving Riverdale sign?" I questioned. He shrugged "why not? Maybe we can make a snow man" he grinned, my smile widened into a big toothy smile "why not" I shrugged standing up and grabbing my thick jacket.

After we paid Jughead and I headed out to the sign in my car, once we arrived we looked at it. The lettering and the red of maple syrup. We sat on the hood and just stared at it, a comfortable silence between us. I think we needed this, both of us, with everything being so hectic lately it was hard to just sit and breath. Leave ourselves to our thoughts, our hands linked and our breaths hovering like smoke in the air.

"I think this is my favourite thing about Riverdale"

I glanced at Jughead, his eyes still on the sign "why?" I asked. He held my hand and warmed it "it's like a border, between us and the world. And one day, I'm gonna cross it-" he glanced at me giving me a warm smile "hopefully it'll be with you" my cheeks reddened and I looked down at my lap, a contagious smile on my lips.

I looked back up at me "me too" his smile widened at me, he leaned forward and pressed a cold kiss to my lips. His hands warm against my face, my hearted pounded and the butterflies were flying around rapidly, the electric buzz from his fingers and lips making me go numb in the most wonderful ways possible. We squeezed together, my arms wrapping around his neck pulling him closer to me as I kissed back, our bodies becoming heated and his once cold lips warm against my own. He placed his hand behind me and almost without control I leaned back lying on the cold hood, my fingers played with the curls at the back of his neck while his hand rested against my hip, squeezing slightly.
But just as things got heated I pulled back breathlessly, I grinned at him cupping his cheeks my eyes still on his pink lips and his on mine. I wanted to tell him how badly I loved him, it was killing me, those three pesky words just hanging off my lips beginning to be spilled. But I bit them back and all I could possibly muster up was "we should go" pathetic and sad, I know.

Juggie looked up to me eyes and nodded sitting up, I pulled myself up and slid off the hood just as Jughead had.

Marcus's P.O.V

I took a sharp breath, arching my back down and stretching my legs out waiting for the gun to go off. I shuddered shaking my head, swallowing the lump in my throat. Swear dripped down from my hair, my forehead damp with the salty liquid. My fingers grazed the dirt beneath me and I took another breath, I closed my eyes.

BANG

I opened my eyes, but I wasn't at school on the track, instead I was at the crumby apartment my dad had stayed at. The carpet crunched under my feet as I slowly walked around the bed, my eyes filled with terror, but it was there. His foot hung out and the stain of blood on the carpet made my eyes water, a shuddery breath left my lips forming into a sob. I finally saw his full body, his eyes wide open and his mouth slightly opened, the bullet hole in his head still leaking blood as he lay, lifelessly on the ground. I crouched cupping my mouth trying to get my breathing under control, hot tears began dripping down my cheeks as I looked at him, the splatter of blood still on the wall.
I looked to my side seeing the gun lying next to me, staring at me knowing what I had done. Slowly I reached for it and grasped it in my hands feeling the weight, I stood up tossed it on the bed. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and when I finally opened I looked down where my fathers body lay, only it wasn't there, but someone else's body was.

Anna.

I stood up with panic, my eyes wide "Anna" I whispered. I crouched down, my knees planting themselves in the pool of her blood, I reached for her shoulders and spoke her name again. I shook her and she woke with a gasp, her eyes found mine and she choked out "you killed him, you killed our father" I shook my head "no, Anna, no. Listen to me" I pleaded crying.

"Marcus" she yelled "Marcus!" She screamed, I let her go as she screamed louder "Marcus! Wake up!"

It was as if I had opened my eyes for the first time, and the first thing I saw was Anna. Her gentle features filled with concern, she held me tightly as others crowded around. I whimpered and wrapped her in a hug, burying my face in her hair I held tighter. "Marcus, are you alright?" She asked, I nodded as she pulled back "what happened, you blacked out" she said her hand reaching up and feeling my forehead. "Maybe you should go home" she said, I nodded, she's right I didn't want to be here in the first place. "Do you want me to take you home?" She asked her brows furrowed, I shook my head no "that's okay, I just want to think for a bit" I said, of course that was a lie. I need to tell someone about that night, it's killing me inside and out, my mood swings becoming almost impossible to control and the episode I had with Anna this morning.....I need to get it under control.

I had left the school and headed straight for the hospital where mom worked, she would know what to do, she always did. I waited in the lobby as the receptionist paged for her, she reached me within five minutes an irritated look on her face. "You better not be here for lunch money, I've got a kid who swallowed a chew toy to deal with" she said rubbing her hairline, "it's not for that, look when do you get off?" I asked. "About three hours, why?" she said tightening her ponytail "i need to show you something, but you have to promise not to tell anyone" I said my tone serious. Her brows furrowed "Marcus, are you alright? What is it?"

I shook my head "mom, I can't tell you, not yet. But please just meet me outside when you're shift ends"

"Okay fine, I'll meet you in two hours" she said before walking away. I let out a sigh and walked outside just as my phone rang, I saw Cheryl's photo pop up and I answered quickly.

"Cheryl, hey" I said running a hand through my hair, I heard a soft whimper on the other line "Cheryl, are you alright" I asked my brows furrowing. "I-I um, I just wanted to say goodbye" she said her voice breaking, "hey, tell me what's wrong" I replied.

"I can't take this, i need to take a break. Be with Jason" she spoke quietly, I licked my lips and said softly "Cheryl, Jason's gone. I'm sorry, but, talk to me okay. Just keep talking to me" I heard a sob from her and she replied "I'm going to be with Jason now".

"Cheryl wait!-"

She cut me off by hanging up, I cursed and dialled her number again, no answer. Where would she go to be with Jason?

Sweetwater River

Anna's P.O.V

Jughead held my hand gently as we walked through town, he had just told me about what happened with Betty at school and how social services were moving him to the Southside, I was shocked to say the least. What they did to Betty was horrific after she wrote an article trying to defend FP, and now Jughead isn't allowed to live with the Andrews.

"As long as she's writing those articles about me and my dad, troubles just gonna keep coming at her from all sides" Jughead said as we trudged through the snow, "it was just one jerk, I'm sure Betty's going to be alright. She's tough" I replied my tone soft. "It's not just one jerk, it's Mayor McCoy, it's Sheriff Keller. It's Weatherbee, it's social services, it's the entire multiverse telling me that I don't belong here. So why don't I just do everyone a favour" I shot him a look and halted pulling him with me "hey, you belong here just as much as everyone else. This is your home, you know that, right?" I said cupping his cheek softly, he looked down and nodded. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. Alright" I said, he nodded "yeah" I smiled softly at him and held his hand once again.

-------

I yawned taking a sip of my coffee as Betty, Archie, Veronica and I sat in the student lounge, all of us draped across the cushions.

"The craziest thing is, I have a secret brother out there in the world" Betty said, I pursed my lips and glanced at her "it's positively Dickensian, I love a long-lost brother" Veronica smiled "how old would he be?" I asked flipping my hair back. "Mid-twenties" Betty said with a small shrug "a blonde Adonis, no doubt" Veronica grinned "you better hold onto your girlfriend Archie, I think she's found the next target" I laughed grinning at both of them, Archie smirked proudly and wrapped an arm around Veronica pulling her close.

My phone began ringing and I saw Jughead's name pop up "hey, where are you?" I smiled, "I'm at Southside High" he said vaguely. I stood up my brows furrowing "what, why?" I asked running a hand through my hair "this is where I belong, okay? Let's talk about this after school. Don't worry about me" before I could speak he cut me off by hanging up, I slid my phone into my back pocket and grabbed my coat wrapping my body up.
"Where is he?" Archie asked "Southside High" I replied "he said its where he belongs and that no one wants him here" I said buttoning up my coat. Archie sighed "FP warned me Jughead would cut himself off, go to the dark side" Archie said, Betty stood and began putting on her coat "Archie, we can't let him do that" she said. Veronica nodded in agreement and within moments we were running through Southside Highs halls searching for Jughead.

We ran to the cafeteria, I looked it over and finally spotted the familiar beanie. I walked over to him, the other tree in tow. He was surrounded by Serpents, all of them laughing along with him.

"Jug" I said, he turned around and his eyes went wide "what are you guys doing here?" He asked. I looked to the group of Serpents in front of him and they stared at us like we were aliens, probably the first time they've seen a Northsider in Southside High. "We need to talk" I said, he nodded and stood following us outside, he leaned against my car his arms crossed over his chest. Veronica, Archie and Betty standing way back giving us time to talk.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going here?" I asked arching an eyebrow "I didn't tell you ahead of time because I knew you would've tried to stop me" he said his deep his probing into my own, "damn straight, and I'm still gonna try" I said firmly. "Anna, the Southside is here the powers want me to be, maybe I wanna be here as well. I blend in better here, and it would keep you safe, you saw what they did to Betty and she and I aren't dating. Imagine what they'd do to you"

"I don't care, I'm not letting Riverdale's civil war split us apart, Jug" I said, Jughead smiled softly at me and pulled me in, his warm embrace relaxing my nerves. "It won't Bella" I chuckled softly at the little nickname, I had completely forgotten about them, I pulled back and smiled. "Promise, beanie" I said holding out my pinkie, Jughead grinned and hooked his pinkie around mine pulling me in "promise" he muttered before pressing his lips to my own.

A ding made me pull back, I looked to my phone as Jughead held my wrist. It was from Cheryl.

'Thank you for everything, I'm going to be with Jason now'

Oh fuck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Light A Match By Aut

Mystery / Thriller

1.9K 81 18
- COMPLETED - Everywhere she went she was known as Fire. Cheryl Blossom rocked red, displayed fire in her soul. That was until the day she met Toni...
326K 6.5K 109
where a photographer teams up with a novelist to figure out the truth of what really happened on the night of july 4th. the night of jason blossoms m...
25K 859 22
❝i hope you're ready, 'cause im about to tell you the story of my life, more specifically why my life ended and if you're listening to these tapes...
182K 5.3K 27
[COMPLETED] "I don't want you to end up like Jason." Katherine Parker and Jughead Jones were so alike, they became each other's enemies. Both are ase...