CHAPTER 30: HOMECOMING PART ONE

'All I want to do is get drunk then pass out, then I'll pretend I'm not in pain'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters 

I pulled at the sleeves of my dress, the black sleeves reaching down to my wrists wrapping around my body delicately. It was tight up the top but slowly loosened up as it went down to the floor, a pair of white heels strapped to my feet. At the salon my hair was curled with the bits at the front plaited around my head nicely, my makeup was minimal as usual and I had a pair of silver studs with a few bracelets and rings on. I didn't think I'd be going to homecoming this year, hell I prayed I wouldn't have to go. But right now my stomach is fluttering with the butterflies that stole my wings. I grabbed me clutch and made my way downstairs to seeing Marcus straightening up his suit. I'll admit, Marcus and I haven't been on the same page since the party. He sided with Cheryl instead of me, but who knows what actually convinced him to stand by her.
"Is that a Marc Jacobs suit I see?" I grinned walking down the steps, Marcus turned to look at me his eyes widened. "Anna, you look amazing" he grinned holding his arms out. Our smiled matches as we embraced "you don't look to bad yourself" I said my hand brushing against his shoulder "roguishly handsome or handsomely roguish" Marcus smirked slicking back his hair "neither you cocky weirdo" I said nudging him with my elbow. "Where's mom?" I asked "she's in the kitchen" Marcus said, he held out his arched arm, I smirked before linking arms as we walked into the kitchen. I found mom leaning on the bench a glass of wine in her hand, she looked younger, beautiful as she sipped on her drink. A beautiful white dress wrapped around her body nicely, the sleeves long and elegant. On her feet were a pair of black heels making her calfs pop, her hair was pulled into a bun atop her head and her makeup was minimal but it still made her look beautiful. She looked up towards us, she grinned placing her glass down and stumbled towards us wrapping her arms around us. "You two look amazing" she grinned pulling back her hands still on her shoulders "thanks mom" Marcus smiled "you two definitely got the looks from me" mom said slipping her hands off our shoulders, "squish together I want a photo" mom continued grabbing her phone. Marcus and I did as told and squished together large grins plastered on our faces, but he second I took a glance at Marcus I could see the strain in his cheeks. The distaste in his eyes, he was faking, and he wasn't the only one.

A knocked sounded at the door, Jughead and his dad are here. I took a look to mom who slowly put her phone down her face a slight shade of white, an almost sickly colour. She glided towards the door and whipped it open, a grin stretched over her lips as she greeted them. Jughead stepped through the door and his eyes connected to mine, he gave me a genuine grin that almost made my heart flutter. But my mood was that low that I couldn't even return the smile. That didn't stop him though, he moved right over to me and embraced me quickly breathing those words in my ear "you look so beautiful"

He pulled back and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek "thank you Jughead" I said my eyes casting a glance over his suit, my hands ran over the blazer "you look good Juggie" I continued my hand slipping off the blazer.

When dinner had actually begun Marcus sat on my left and mom sat at the head of the table next to FP, Jughead sat beside his dad as mom planted our plates around us. A gentle smile on her face, but when I saw her place FP's plate down her hand grasped his shoulder and lingered much longer than it should have. They've also been holding each other's gaze more than mere friend of friends should.

"Super-delicious, Lillian" Jughead said kindly as we all slowly ate our food, mom gave Jughead a gentle smile "sure is, Lillian" FP drawled out, "been a long time since I ate something that didn't come in a combo meal or a snack pack" FP chuckled. Jughead nervously chuckled along with him. We were quiet for another few seconds before Marcus spoke up "so how come you two weren't friends in school? Mom you were friends with Mr Andrews weren't you?"

Transform (Jughead Jones, Riverdale)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें