CHAPTER 35: BROKEN HANDS AND HEARTS

'I'll be with you, from the moment your eyes open, and until they close'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

CHERYL!"

We raced through the woods, our screams and yells for Cheryl echoing throughout the woods. "Cheryl!" I yelled out as we halted, a rustling came from in front of us, and I frowned seeing Marcus running through the snow calling for Cheryl. His eyes caught ours "it's Cheryl, she called me completely crying and, she told me she wanted to be with Jason" he rushed out breathlessly, I reached out to him grasping his shoulders "Marcus, breathe. We know, she texted me" I said. I glanced around, but as I looked out onto the frozen ice I saw something moving rapidly. I moved away from Marcus squeezing my eyes to get a better look, I screamed "CHERYL" she was driving a rock through the ice trying to break it.
We ran down the slopes but as we stepped onto the ice, large creaks and cracks resided from our weight. Marcus held his arms back stopping everyone from running into the death trap. He took a deep breath before yelling out "Cheryl!" I could see she had stood up and turned around, her body shaky and she had been clearly crying. "Please, just come here. I promise we can work this out!" He yelled taking a shaky step onto the ice, before Cheryl could do anything she suddenly dropped.

Without hesitation we all broke into sprints, running to where she had dropped. We found the hole just as the last whisks of her orange hair disappeared "the currents taken her" I said, Marcus began pushing away the snow, all of us searching for Cheryl. I didn't even care that I was cold, all I could think about was Cheryl and how she could possibly drown.

I pushed through snow just catching her trail of hair floating underneath surface, "I found her!" I shouted. Within seconds Marcus had pulled me away and dropped to his knees, Archie and Jughead holding us back. And without hesitation Marcus slammed his fist against the ice, a sickening crunch leaving his hand as he hit it over and over again.

"Somebody help!" Betty screamed, I cupped my mouth as blood began spurting onto the ice, my brothers knuckles split open. But then it began to crack, and he slammed both of his fists down into the ice breaking through it. Bubbles rose from Cheryl, he dove his arms into the water and pulled her up, only for Cheryl to be completely unconscious. I could see the pained tears in Marcus's eyes as he brushed the hair from Cheryl's pale face, he then placed his hands on her chest and began pumping, soft whispers leaving him. He leant down and breathed air into her, she didn't respond.

"Come on" he growled pumping harder onto her chest, he leaned down pressing his lips to hers and blowing air. Cheryl spat up the water, her breaths rigid and shuddery. Marcus smiled cupping her cheeks "you're, okay. You're okay" he whispered holding onto her body, he hugged her tightly as she gasped for air. All of us watching the two hold tightly onto each other, as if their lives depended on it.