The Startled Princess

By Bellaaa_

[PRINCESS HOURS FAN FICTION] "So you're saying that my grandfather and Prince Seth's grandfather arranged our... More

♕ Chapter 1
♕ Chapter 2
♕ Chapter 3
♕ Chapter 4
♕ Chapter 5
♕ Chapter 6
♕ Chapter 7
♕ Chapter 9
♕ Chapter 10
♕ Chapter 11
♕ Chapter 12
♕ Chapter 13
♕ Chapter 14
♕ Chapter 15
♕ Chapter 16
♕ Chapter 17
♕ Chapter 18
♕ Chapter 19
♕ Chapter 20
♕ Chapter 21
♕ Chapter 22
♕ Chapter 23
♕ Chapter 24
♕ Chapter 25
♕ Chapter 26
♕ Chapter 27
♕ Chapter 28
♕ Chapter 29
♕ Chapter 30
♕ EPILOGUE

♕ Chapter 8

102K 1.9K 148
By Bellaaa_

Jessica's picture on the right :) -------->

  After he was dressed, Seth tip toed out from his bedroom and shut the door behind him. No sign of Rose. Thank God. She was the last person he wanted to se that morning. After what happened yesterday, he decided to leave for school without her. But then, as he took a step out from the building, someone surprised him from behind.

          "I'm Freddy Krueger!" Rose showed up from behind him. Seth startled and his heart skipped a beat. He was still scared after he watched that movie yesterday. "Can you stop doing that?" Seth ranted. Now, his plan to leave her behind was destroyed. Rose was standing behind him, in a purple floral dress.

          Rose laughed hard. "Its just me. Relax pal," she joked. She also couldn't sleep yesterday. Not because she was scared, but because she just couldn't stop laughing. Every time she tried to close her eyes, Seth's pale and scared face would wander around her mind. 

          "Its not funny," Seth said seriously. He sighed. "You're early today?" He asked, slightly disappointed. Now, he had to go to school with her. 

      "Couldn't sleep. Kept thinking about your scared and pale face!" She sneered and laughed. Seth smirked. "You're lying. I know you couldn’t sleep because you were scared," he mimicked. "Called mommy yesterday?"

        Rose frowned. "Whatever. I told you, that movie was not scary at all. I mean, look at that guy. For me, he's cute," she admitted. She sneered at him. "Well, much cuter than you," she smiled and nodded her head.

             Seth shrugged. Did she just compare him with Freddy Krueger? Crazy girl. "Whatever, simpleton. Let's get going. I hate to be late," he said, and went out from the building. Rose followed from behind and kept on bumping into him. This time, Seth didn't even bother to fight back as he was afraid that she might be wild again.

~~          

         "OH MY GOD!" Rose mouth fell open when she looked outside the limo window. Hundreds of students were welcoming them to school. Well, most of them were, but some, just simply weren’t. A group of girls, which Rose recognised, from the cheerleading team, were holding an 'Anti-Rose' banner. They kept on chanting, asking Rose to leave Prince Seth.

          "You should have expected this," Seth said, his eyes were on the newspaper, and like always, he had his Ipod on. Didn't he have anything else to do? Lifeless guy. Rose gulped. "How could you say that? They want to kill me!" She croaked and looked back again at the window. "Rose Humphrey, give back our prince!" They chanted.

      "Then, I'll be glad to help them," Seth smirked, his blue eyes were still on the news. Rose stuck out her tongue. "You're a mean guy, Seth Larston," she blurted. Seth lowered his newspaper down and turned his eyes toward her. "Thank you. You're sweet," he said mischievously. The button next to him beeped. "We are ready to go, Prince Seth," a man’s voice commanded.

        Seth put down his newspaper. "You ready?" He asked and tidied his black necktie. "Remember, stay close to me if you still wanna live," he warned, pointing a finger right at her nose. "Then, we'll part. Understand?"

        Rose nodded. The limo door was finally open, and the screams of the wild students could be heard clearly now. More than ten bodyguards were trying their best to block the students from getting in their way. Seth got out first then Rose.

          Surprisingly, Seth took her hand into his and used his other hand to cover his face. Rose, who was shocked as she saw them, already covered her face using her hand and looked down. They charged to the school building, fast. Rose's heart crushed when she heard people mocking her and none were mocking Seth.

      As they reached the Arts building, things went under control. Mostly, students only got wild outside, because the professor wouldn’t catch them there if they did anything to others. Seth let go of her hand and wiped his forehead, he was sweating. "Woah, that was.... fun," he said sarcastically. 

          "Fun?" Rose mimicked. She was panting for oxygen and sweating heavily. She didn’t know how she would she cope with this situation everyday. "This is the worst day ever!" She exclaimed. "All this time, I'd always watched you get chased by them and then I laughed. Can't believe now I'm in your place!" 

           Seth let out a small laugh. "We gotta go to class. Two men will be watching you. They'll make sure that you're safe from those cheerleaders," he mumbled and walked away from there, with three men, following from behind him.

         So, he got three men and I got two? Great, just let the guy have all the extra protection. Rose shrugged before walking away from there, awkwardly, as the two Men In Black were walking by her side.

        "Er-" she turned awkwardly to her lifeless bodyguards when they reached in front of her English class. "Are you coming in too?" She asked, hoping that they’d say no. It would be so embarrassing to go into class with your babysitters.

        "If you're reluctant, we'll stay guard outside, Princess," one of them said. Rose nodded. Wow, they're good. They could read her mind. "Good idea," Rose smiled and then got into her class. The class instantly went silent as she entered the room. Every eye was staring at her; some were sharp and some were flirty. Rose just gave them an innocent smile and raised a hand. 

       "Rose!" Someone called her name excitedly. Rose searched for the voice and it was Alex's. He was waving excitedly at her, and asking her to sit beside him. Rose waved back and motioned towards him. "Hi!" She greeted him, taking a seat beside his table.

         "Morning, Rose," he greeted back. Rose took her book out from her backpack and put it on her table. Then, she put her bag behind her back. She turned her eyes to Alex and realised that he was staring at her. "What?" She asked, puzzled. Her cheeks started to redden.

          Alex chuckled. "No, it’s just. You look happy today," he answered and smiled genuinely. He couldn't explain why, but he loved to see her smiling. It was the most pure and cheerful curve that he ever clashed with. 

         "What? Do I?" Rose said and cupped her face. She didn't realise that she was smiling. But she knew why. Seth. She didn't want to admit it but yesterday was too fun. Probably the best day of her life. 

       "Yeah," Alex grinned. "Its a good thing. Keep that smile, Seth’s gonna need it. He’s always moody," he tapped her table and winked. Rose looked at him through her eyelashes. "Do you know why?" She asked hopefully. 

        Alex rubbed his nose. "Hmm, maybe he's stressed. I mean, who won't be? He is Andorra's Crown Prince," Alex explained. Rose nodded, understanding. It must be hard for him. To have all that responsibility on his own. She made a vow that she would try her best to cheer him up. "Now, where's that smile has gone?" Alex awakened her when her smile disappeared.

       Rose grinned. Alex did know how to cheer her up. "I'm just thinking," she said, wimbling with her fingers. "About what?" Alex asked. Rose drew a long breath and widened her arms. "Everything around me," she chirped. Alex laughed and clapped his hands. "Then you're thinking about me too? Yippee," he said cutely.

          Rose giggled. This guy was funny. Sometimes, she wished Seth was more like Alex. Fun, easy and outgoing. They would have so much fun together. Even until now, she was the only one who was trying hard to get along with their marriage. She hoped that Seth would do something too.

         "Hey, I've got this special project. Can you help me?" Alex suddenly asked. Rose crinkled her nose. "How can I help?" She asked, puzzled. She was no good in graphics or drawing what so ever. "Can I take pictures of you doing ballet?" He asked.

            Rose hesitated. She never modelled for anyone before. "Please...." Alex pleaded, blinking his eyes and acted cute. Rose bit her lips and realised that he really needed her help. "Okay," she agreed. Alex punched up in the air. "Yes!" He said, reacting as though he had just got a date.

              Suddenly, someone slammed herself onto Rose's lap. "Hi, Prince Alexander," Cassidy said, swirling her blonde hair using her finger. "Hi," Alex raised a hand, awkwardly and turned to behind her. "Are you okay, Rose?" He asked slowly.

              "Cassidy, what are you doing?" Rose said, trying to push her off from her lap. She could die because of lack of oxygen if she insisted to sit on her. "I can't breath properly!" She complained. Cassidy looked behind her and realised that she was sitting on Rose. "I'm sorry. I got excited," Cassidy apologised and stood up immediately.

           "Well, thank God I'm still breathing," Rose grumbled and looked up at her. She was still swirling her hair and flirting. God, when would she ever change. Rose knew what she wanted her to do. "Alex, this is my friend, Cassidy," she introduced her to him.

        "Hey," Alex said warmly and stretched a hand. Cassidy started to jump before shaking his hand. "Oh my god!" She squealed and smelt her hand that touched his hand. Alex looked at Rose, awkwardly and with a what-the-hell look on his face.

       "Just go with it," Rose mouthed. Cassidy stopped squealing and slammed herself onto his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "You're hotter than Prince Seth!" She said sexily. Alex was numb and didn't even know what he had to do or say. "Er-thanks," he said, scratching the back of his neck.

         Rose laughed hard. She never thought that Cassidy would dare to jump onto his lap. She saw Alex's face, asking for help. She got up from her chair and pulled Cassidy away. "Cass, can you at least control yourself?" She grinned. Cassidy suddenly kissed her cheek. "You know how I get excited when I meet a hot guy! Thanks, Rose for bringing him!" She squealed. 

       "I didn't," Rose said, rubbing her cheek. Alex was laughing and looking down. "Go away, I'll talk to him about you later!" Rose pushed Cassidy away from there. "But, Rose-" Cassidy whined like a three year old kid. Rose kept pushing her. "Trust me. I'm married so I won't be interested," she promised. 

           "Fine," Cassidy stomped her feet and looked at Alex. "Bye, handsome!" She winked and waved at him. Alex nodded, smiling innocently and raised a hand. Cassidy then got away from them, heading toward a group of gossip girls. "Thanks," Alex thanked Rose. 

       "Yeah. Sorry about that," Rose said and sat back on her chair. "Cassidy's weird that way. But she's nice!" Rose explained. Alex chuckled. "I could see that," he joked. Rose laughed and shook her head. 

        "Urm, Rose, I-" Alex started but then Mrs Podolski, their English teacher came in to their class. Alex sighed. He turned to the front but managed to wink at Rose. She laughed and opened her book.

~~

             Alex walked with Rose to her limo when school ended. He had had so much fun around her. Rose was the easiest person to talk too and the fact that she was crazy was really funny. It had been a long time since he felt this way to anyone. When he lived in London, he didn't have many friends. So, he was delighted to meet someone as amazing as her, in Andorra. 

        Alex couldn’t wait to start 'their' project. He bet that Rose would look freaking gorgeous in her ballerina suit. She was beautiful; even when she was wearing her casual attire. Alex couldn't stop smiling and laughing when he was around her. The way she moved, laughed and talked was too perfect.

        "Freddy Krueger is cute!" Rose kept on talking about that guy from last night's movie. But she didn't tell him about what happened between Seth and her. She wanted it to be a secret between them. 

          "Are you kidding me? That guy's insane!" Alex prattled and nudged her side. He couldn't believe that a girl just called a man that had no skin and loves to kill, cute. Rose was so darn cute. Rose flitted to in front of him and walked backwards. "Seriously, Alex! Especially, the way he laughs!" Rose exclaimed. 

          "You're nuts. You should have a mental check up or something," Alex laughed and shook his head. Then, he saw Seth, standing in front of the limo, leaning to it. He looked pissed. He must have been angry because Rose was late. Seth never liked to wait. It was one of the things that he hated the most.

       "Someone's angry," Alex mused and pointed his chin to him. Rose turned herself to the front and saw the angry man. Seth was now crossing his arms to his chest. They walked faster and stopped when they reached him.

        Seth looked at Rose. "You're late," he screeched and leaned to the limo. "I hate to wait. You should know that," his arms crossed. Rose's eyes looked down. "I'm sorry," she said apologetically, her hands behind her back. 

           Alex, who didn't like to see Rose getting howled, backed her up. "I'm the one who is guilty, Seth. I talked a lot and she had to listen to it. Until, she forgot that you were waiting for her," Alex gave an excuse. Seth shrugged and looked at them both. "Fine. I'll forgive you this time," he sighed. He turned his eyes to Alex. "You want a ride home?" He offered.

        "No, thanks. I'm driving," Alex rejected, waving his hand. He put his hand on her shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow," he farewell to her. Rose smiled and waved a goodbye. Alex then stretched a hand at  Seth and they shook hands. Alex glanced at Rose for the last time, knowing that he would be missing her before walking away from there.

        Seth watched Alex as he went away. "He's become your best friend?" Seth asked, his arms crossed and sounded slightly annoyed. Rose grinned. "Yeah. He's cool," she praised before looking away. "Unlike you," she murmured, almost inaudible.

         "What?" Seth asked because he had heard what she said. Another thing that he hated the most was been compared to someone. Especially if the person was his cousin. "Nothing," Rose lied and was about to get into the limo. But then, she heard Seth's name been called.

        "Wait!" The girl said and hopped towards their limo. She was red haired, fair skinned with rosy cheeks and slim. Her eyes were deep blue and shined as she headed toward them. Rose admitted that was beautiful and nothing compared to her. The girl finally reached them and she lifted her hand. "Hi," she greeted Seth, smiling brightly.

      "Jessica," Seth greeted back but he wasn't smiling. Instead, he didn't look happy to see her. "What are you doing here?" He asked, still no smile. Rose sat on the limo couch and didn't close the door. She wanted to know who she was. She could sense that there was something between her and Seth. 

        "I came to see you," the girl named Jessica admitted. She had been longing to see him. Ever since he got married, Seth was avoiding her. She wanted to know why. Rose's cheeks started to redden and somehow, her heart clenched. She cleared her throat.

         Seth looked down to her and realised that she was still there. "Oh- Rose, this is Jessica Harper. Jessica, this is Rose," he introduced them. Jessica smiled and stretched a hand towards her. Rose took her hand and shook it. She had a very soft palm. Rich girl, she thought. 

       "So, this is your wife?" Jessica mused and smiled at Seth. Rose could sense jealousy in her words. Seth didn't said anything. Rose doesn't know what she had to say, must she shake her head? If she did, will Seth be angry? Instead, she just smiled, awkwardly. 

          "You said you came to see me," Seth finally spoke. "What is it?" he demanded and leaned to the limo. Jessica looked at Rose, somehow, asking her to turn around or get away from there so that she wouldn’t listen to their conversation. "Just say it. Ignore her," Seth said.

          "I want to talk about...." she hesitated. She drew a deep breath. "About us," she confessed, her hands were trembling. Rose started to feel very awkward. She shouldn't be here. She should have closed the limo door and put on her Ipod. 

          Seth was silent. He was looking away. He breathed in. "There's nothing to talk about," he muttered. He turned his mesmerising blue eyes towards Jessica. "Its all over. I'm married," he told her. Jessica looked down. She didn't expect all this. "I understand," she said softly, her words could barely be heard.

Rose felt guilty herself. Did she just destroy a relationship? Was it her fault? She saw that Jessica's eyes started to fill with water. She wanted to say sorry but realised that it wasn't the right moment. "I gotta go," Seth drawled and got into the limo. Rose winced further into the limo to let him in. 

Jessica nodded and then the driver closed the door. She watched the car drive away from there and her heart was broken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 8.1K 41
"Don't be rude Brat", the jerk husband of mine whispered in my ears. I rolled my eyes but my temper was rising and rising. "You can't wait to kill me...
22.7K 2.2K 24
Mallika Khatri,the princess of Rose Valley,has everything-beauty, wealth and luxurious lifestyle but yet she is lonely and broken. From the childhood...
12.7K 1.1K 50
Every girl dreams of a Prince Charming as her life partner. Chaos arises within the heart when she actually got married to a Prince just because of...
3.1M 130K 69
An accidental marriage between two people. she was never supposed to be with him, far away from his eyes. An innocent soul got wrapped in his hatred...