Undertale - A Second Chance

By AlpineSettler

In an alternate reality, only one boy fell into the Underground. Adopted by the Dreemurrs, life was good. Unt... More

Judgement Hall
Reunited
Shock
A Time to Talk
Reminiscence
Another Introduction
Things that might Happen if you Fight Physics
Fight Me!
Should We Stay or Should We Go?
Home?
Gathering Darkness
But Nobody Came
Judgement
A Time to Heal
The Battle
Denial
A Time to Gather
No Water
Respite
Dark
His-Story
Did you Really Think it was Over?

A Bad Time

56 2 0
By AlpineSettler

Ray lay in his bed, feeling sick. His stomach was twisting and sweat dripped off his forehead. His family was worried that he had overheated himself in the sun or even somehow got a fever. He was given some tea to help soothe him. The tea actually did help him relax; his mind certainly cleared afterwards.

It wasn't illness that had stricken Ray. It was dread. Dread and a strong sense that he had to do something. He asked if he could talk to Sans. Frisk went to call him. She ended up being on the phone with Papyrus, who said, after shouting up to Sans that Ray the Human was ill and needed to speak to him, said that Sans was most likely asleep.

He wasn't.

He was in Ray's room, sitting next to him. He had teleported over as soon as he heard. Sans had a feeling that what Ray needed was important.

Ray wasn't surprised to see Sans appear in his room. He just apologized for bothering him.

Sans shook his head dismissively saying, "ehh forgedaboutit. what's buggin' you, kid?"

"Sans...there's something evil going on in the park..."

Ray told Sans what he saw in the park. He told him about the lying humans, the dark pillar, the other humans who clearly intended evil and-

"kid kid, relax, you're working yourself up. It's ok."

Ray lay in bed shivering and said, "Sans...I'm worried what they'll do...to her and to the City.."

Sans looked down and said nothing for a bit. Then he smiled and put a hand on Ray's hot forehead.

"don't worry yourself kiddo, it's not good for your Soul. I'm sure everything will work out just fine..."

The two suddenly heard Asgore and Frisk speaking in the hallway. Sans looked at Ray and winked, teleporting out of the home and vanishing.

A few seconds later, Asgore walked into the room, carrying in more tea and Frisk walked behind him.

"Ray," she said, "sorry but Papyrus just told me that Sans is not available..."

Ray closed his eye and breathed in deeply, looking more relaxed.

"It's ok...Things'll get better I'm sure."

\

Back at the park, the storm was right on top of the City. The sun was obscured by the clouds as the bright sky was swallowed up by the dark clouds. The land was darkening all around and the wind swirled the trees as the empty park awaited the onslaught of rain. The skyscrapers of Ebbot shown golden bright in the setting sun in contrast to the dark grey clouds that was their backdrop. Thunder rumbled and cracked but no rain had fallen yet. It was deathly quiet and the park was empty.

Suddenly a wail rang out in the park. There was evil at the Pillar.

A small tent had been erected next the pillar and more men had come. The clearing was being guarded by two men disguised as police officers. It was their job to keep away any random passersby. By the pillar, one man kneeled, muttering something under his breath. Two men sat nearby whispering to one another, lewd smiles and snickers on their faces as they watched the cameraman set up his camera for the upcoming scene.

Eventually, another man stepped out of the tent, in his hands he held a bloody scalpel and a small strip of flesh in his gloved fist. He carried it to the pillar, patiently awaited the man to finish his obeisance.

After the man finished and made a strange sweeping motion with his hand, he stood up and acknowledged the bloodied surgeon. "You know...if she screams again, someone could discover us..."

The bloodied man impatiently brushed off the attempted intimidation and presented the leader with the piece of flesh, along with a small bottle of blood he had...harvested. "This is all you need, right?"

The leader took the two items without bothering to put on any gloves and said, "From you, yes. You're free to leave. Your pay will appear in your account by the end of the week."

The man made to leave but the leader suddenly placed a bloody hand on the doctor's shoulder, halting him.

"If you speak of this to anyone...know that we have all the resources we need to destroy you."

The doctor sighed and despondently walked away. Suddenly he stopped and turned around.

"What are you planning on doing with her?"

The leader looked at the doctor with raised eyebrows and pointed to the cameraman, along with the two men by the tent, drinking whisky and asked, "Are you really incapable of putting pieces TOGETHER? No wonder you're only good for taking things apart."

The doctor tried to hide his disgust and said, "But she will not survive it. Not after the process you just had me do on her!"

The leader shushed the doctor. "That is none of your concern."

The doctor wanted very badly to tell the leader that actually it very much was his concern but...he couldn't object any further. Good Doctors cared for their patients' survival and wellbeing... He was not a Good Doctor. What he had just done to that woman was not what Good Doctors did...Besides, if he objected much more he would most likely be killed on the spot. The doctor took his bag and left, feeling like the scum of the earth.

The leader walked back to the Pillar, impatient. So many delays...! First, his masters had allowed that the woman be used for a film to be given to one of the Organization's largest benefactors. Fair enough. Forbidden Fruit deserved a little cut of the pie. But *UGH* the time it took for them to select their "actors"! It wasn't like anyone cared what men were in the video, the woman is the main attraction isn't she?

Then there was that foolish child that had stumbled upon the project and nearly compromised the entire operation! Luckily his retard friend came and was too stupid to see what was in front of him. Such ignorance and complacency is what got the Organization as far as it was, what did it matter if there was yet another retard running around? Let him run! The Organization's work of instigating the growth of the feeble-minded and the extirpation of the wise was what kept everything in control...Encouraging stupidity, advertising it as hilarious or even heroic...Failing the geniuses, making sure those whose intellect was too high would never be empowered with a diploma, thus never given a chance to impact the world in a way that the Organization couldn't control...all in a day's work.

And now, the doctor was getting cold feet! When would the idiocy end!?

The Leader sighed and composed himself.

'It's fine,' he told himself. 'they're getting what they want, in the end. They always do...'

"Hey, um, hate to be a bother but um...when do we start, man?"

The Leader looked at the two men that were standing in front of him. They stank of whiskey and a quick glance at them told the Leader that he wasn't looking at men, really. Just creatures that let their basest instincts run their lives, their insecurities deemed too strong to overcome until that statement became true and they became enslaved to what was once truly pleasurable, now an addiction where they had to push things further and further just to reach that initial temporary happiness. Clearly this had kept them from obtaining any kind of healthy relationships and led them to the line of work that they led now. The Leader was disgusted by them, but, seeing as they were in the employ of Forbidden Fruits, one of the Organization's most productive branches, he couldn't afford to treat them too badly.

He forced a smile and said, "Oh soon, soon enough, don't worry. We just need to wait for the bleeding to stop."

One of the men grinned perversely and said, "Hey man, I don't mind a little blood, y'know what I'm saying?" He made a disgusting slurping sound and the man standing next to him laughed.

The Leader almost left then and there. Hopefully most of their talk was the whiskey they had been given, (they worked best when drunk) but something told the Leader that that wasn't the case...

"Regardless, I don't think your company wants actual blood in their video..."

The pervert snickered and said conspiratorially, "You'd be surprised-"

"Ok," the Leader held his hand up, not wanting to hear it. "I'll see what I can do..."

Thunder crashed and the wind picked up more, bending trees and whipping grass and dust up into the air.

"We'd better do this soon...before it starts to rain..."

Suddenly, the park darkened deeply. Deeper than before.

The last of the bright evening sky had disappeared. Now, not only was the sky covered end to end with dark, angry clouds, but dusk came on and night began to fall.

"Excellent, the dark will conceal us further. We are hidden..."

That was the last thing the leader said before He came.

A bright flash of lightning shattered over the group, shaking the ground, openly declaring its fury. The Leader was about to say something about maybe putting up some more shelter before the rain came but his attention was seized by a dark silhouette that had suddenly appeared in the middle of the field. The guards were still guarding the clearing, giving no indication that the sanctity of the clearing had been breached.

"GUARDS!" The Leader shouted.

The false policemen looked behind them and, seeing the intruder, pulled out of hiding their submachine guns and lasers were pointed at the Intruder.

The figure was short, still and, when lightning flashed, they could see it was hooded as well.

The Leader tried to threaten the Shadowy figure.

"Get out of here, you're interfering with...(a quick pause as the Leader quickly decided on a bogus reasoning)...a Federal Investigation! Turn around and head back from where you came or we WILL prosecute!"

The figure never moved.

"If you don't move we will fire!"

The figure never flinched.

"You have no idea with what you're meddling in, kid!" The Leader suspected he was looking at an edgy teenager that was doing something on a dare and would soon say some mass produced political bullshit or some just as overly-produced internet phrase, or both, seeing as the two had sickeningly become one and the same.

The Leader expected this or some tentative steps back as the kid slowly realized the seriousness of the situation.

What he wasn't expecting was a yawn coming from the figure, followed by some arm stretching and a muttered, "sorry, must've dozed off...that last jump left me 'bone-tired' hehe...were you sayin' something? i wasn't listening"

The Leader angrily pulled out his pistol and aimed it at the figure. He had lost what little patience he had.

The figure didn't flich, yet again, but an unimpressed "nice gun" came to the Leader's ears. "must be expensive, huh?"

The Leader pulled back the hammer to his Smith and Wesson and said coldly, "That is no concern of yours."

The figure shrugged and said, "ehh, maybe. but...what you're doing to that lady and that pillar concerns me especially. now, I'll let you all off with a warning if you go back to where you came from, leave the lady and the pillar, and never come back and make sure that none of your kind ever sets foot within 100 miles of Mt. Ebbot"

The Leader chuckled darkly and holstered his weapon. Suddenly, he held his hand up and a red light began to emanate from the pillar and voices....Voices were heard. Sobbings, cries for help, threats, shouts, screams of the victims of rape and murder for millennia...

"Do you hear that?" said the Leader. "That is the heartbeat of Reality. The echo of what once was and what always will be...You, like so many others, are doomed to this fate. Burning forever, forever...burning." The figure was silent.

"But," The Leader said, "there are those of us that are chosen to oversee this...to rise above the low levels of our human evolution. We are called to be Masters and Lords so that we may rule over this realm and rise to eternal greatness. We become like gods-"

Suddenly he stopped, the figure was laughing at him, a deep gasping laugh and it was even holding its sides! He was being mocked in front of his men.

"It's true!" he said, desperate to reclaim his bravos. "I draw energy from Them, from the Lords of this dimension and I...call them...INTO...ME!!!" Suddenly a great flash of red broke out and the clearing was filled with a horrible presence. All the humans there fell to their faces and began to pray their required prayers, lending power to their Leader's dark ally.

A massive figure levitated above the Leader, its arms long and grasping, its chest heaving, its head adorned with a crown of horns, its eyes small but opened wide, its mouth lined with row upon row of fangs.

"Behold!" The Leader called in triumph "one of our great Masters!" All bowed and worshipped it...except for the figure.

He craned his head up then a bored voice said, "yeah, sorry i don't see anything."

The Leader was taken off guard by this and he said, "Surely you must be blind, our master is here with us!"

The figure said nothing then proceeded to remove its hood. The group gasped. What was standing before them was no human. A skeleton stood there in the clearing.

He looked at the Leader with his large orbits and lazily grinned. "Yeah I can see him." His voice had changed from mumbling to deep and clear.

The Leader grinned. "So you admit you see Him. Our Master, in all his glory!"

The skeleton snickered and smiled. "Ummm...'glory'...sure heheheh."

"Why do you laugh? You can see him!"

"Yeah but I don't think we are looking at the same thing, bucko."

The Leader's confidence faltered. "What...do you mean?"

The skeleton said, "You humans have a hard time seeing past your own dimension, so it's easy for you to be deceived."

The skeleton shot its hand forward grasping for something. The monster in the air gasped and began to gag, clutching its neck.

The skeleton's hand conformed to a shape that it would be if it were grasping something. His right eye began to glow with a bizarre mix of blue and yellow light.

"Wanna see what I see?" He invited.

Without waiting for a response, the skeleton lifted its arm and its hand glowed with a blue light.

The monster in the sky disappeared and in the hand of the skeleton writhed a dark pillar of darkness. A silhouette of some thin, frail creature. All that was clearly shown was its mouth, a huge gnashing pit with a line of large teeth and a snake's tongue. The skeleton had its fist clamped on the imp's throat.

Without a word, the skeleton tossed the imp in the air like a balloon and the creature sailed in the air wailing. Suddenly a massive skull-like structure appeared alongside the creature, shaped like the skull of a dragon. It growled at the imp as it sailed through the air and chased it until the thing opened its mouth, a ball of light quickly growing in its mouth until...

*rrrrRRRRRRR-R-R-R-R BLAM!* A massive blast of light shot towards the imp, evaporating it instantly.

The dragon skull vanished, its duty fulfilled.

The humans looked at the sky in stunned awe and looked down.

The Leader screamed. The skeleton had appeared just inches away from him, its eye sockets dark and its voice a deep rumble that shook the ground.

"D o y o u w a n t t o h a v e a b a d t i m e ?"

The humans screamed and ran for their lives, all but the Leader.

The Leader, seeing that all was lost, attempted to shoot the monster.

He pulled out his gun and pointed it right at the creature's skull.

He pulled the trigger.

The shot rang out and the shock ran through his arm.

But the skeleton wasn't in front of him.

He heard a voice whisper behind him.

"You really aren't a very good shot are ya?"

The man spun around but felt his Soul shake and he suddenly was unable to move, his body paralyzed. Suddenly the skeleton made a pushing motion with his arm and the Leader sailed through the air like a rock towards the trees. He saw the skeleton's face appear again, winking at him and shrugging. Lightning flashed and he was closer to the trees. Another crash and flash and the trees had become massive bones, growing out of the ground. Another flash and the bones had turned, sharp ends facing him. They came closer and closer... The Leader screamed and the last thing he heard in this life was...

"Geeeeet dunked on!!!!"

\

Sans took a deep breath and sat down for a moment by the impaled corpse of the Leader. This human had had a lot of blood on his hands. Level 14. Quite the killer... Karma certainly was a bitch. Came back and bit him where it hurt...

Sans sighed and recalled his bones and the bone that had impaled the man was replaced by a tree with a large upturned root that was covered in blood. An accident. That's what happened.

Sans turned his attention to the Pillar which still stood ominous in the clearing but looked a lot smaller than it had before.

Sans clapped his hands and three gaster blasters surrounded the pillar, obliterating it. There was an explosion and a hideous smell and the dark pillar was gone.

Rain finally began to pour and began to wash away the dirt, blood and evil of the clearing, cleansing it as the world always attempts to cleanse itself from the violence and crimes commited by her inhabitants.

Sans covered his head with his hood again to keep out the rain.

He walked over to the tent and looked inside. What he saw saddened him.

"It's ok..." he said softly. "Everything's gonna be ok now."

\

At the hospital across the park, a nurse was surprised to see another patient in the emergency room. A naked woman with a massive scar on her side, crying uncontrollably.

She had a clipboard at the end of her bed with symptoms and diagnostics written on it.

It was filled out in Comic Sans.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 409 18
I take no credit for anything in my book. All rights are reserved to the original creaters of undertale. I also take no credit for the art work in m...
274 6 2
(Alternate Ending added!) "If you solve your problems with kindness instead of violence, then everyone wins! Violence isn't necessary! It only hurts...
7.9K 403 14
Exactly what it sounds like: Monsters have been freed from the underground by a child named Frisk. Some time had passed and peace between humans and...
88.8K 3.6K 27
Gone. In a single moment, in the blink of an eye, everything you have ever known or cared for is eradicated. Hopes and dreams, traditions and stories...