Note To Self (A Death Note Fa...

By temporalinternaute

A new girl comes to Wammy's. And soon befriends Matt and Mello. Pranking ensue and everything is fine. Until... More

Prologue: Wammy's
Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Boredom
Chapter 3: SURPRISE!!!!
Chapter 4: I'm so dead right now!
Chapter 5: A certain redheaded gamer
Chapter 6: Darth Vader
Chapter 7: Cookies!!!!!
Chapter 8: Redecorating Near's room
Chapter 9: Vampire Hunting
Chapter 10: Falling through the ceiling
Chapter 11: Results
Chapter 12: My precious
Chapter 13: Halloween, Cookies, Rainbow Near and a bus :)
Chapter 14: Trying To Become a Cannibal
Chapter 15: Hallucinating
Chapter 16: In the Basement
Chapter 17: Christmas
TIME LAPSE
Chapter 18: He Left
Chapter 19: Birthday Presents and Snow
Chapter 20: Detention, Airplanes and LoZ
Chapter 22: Don't Throw Babies Off Bridges
Chapter 22: Link's Past
Chapter 23: Letters and Tattoos
Chapter 24: I Hate Parties....Unless They're Birthday Parties
Chapter 25: Drunkenness and Visions
Chapter 26: Old Enemies and Friends
Chapter 27: Driving And Goldfish
Chapter 28: Princess Matty
Chapter 30: My Future Husband Is ..... The Goldfish
Chapter 31: A Visit To The Sheep
Chapter 32: We're going to LA!
Chapter 33: I want to visit Shamu!!!
Chapter 34: I Have The Monopoly Money!
Chapter 36: The Beginning of the End
Epilogue

Chapter 35: Fluffy! Sparkle! ...Shadow

1.8K 54 37
By temporalinternaute

Okay so new chapter YAY! I don't expect there to be that many chapters left of this story ;( Anyways I hope you like this chapter and again thank you all for reading this, it means loads to me! 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Link's POV

I stood staring at the young shinigami before me, it turned out very well. At least it wasn't like that time I got distracted while creating one..... It ended up with only half a shinigami. I laughed to myself at the thought of it.

NOTE TO SELF: Half a shinigami is rather bothersome, and useless.

I flopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. "Hello, your name is Fluffy!" I finally said, naming him. Not bothered to look up for I could see his dark purple form from the corner of my eye.

"My name is Kage." He said stoic and unmoving. Kage huh? That means Shadow, that's not very fitting. I have a better name for him.

"Nah I think Kagayaki suits you better!" I announced while waving my arms around happily. I sat up and smiled at him, white hair flowing around me, "It means Sparkle!" 

"No." He glared at me for giving him such names. They're all like this at the start.

"Yes! It's a great name!" I said in my defence. Throwing my arms around wildly in an attempt to make a point. 

He just ignored me and spread his large, spider-like wings to their full length. He looked up through the roof, towards the sky.

"Oh right, you have to get your Death Note from the King. Hurry back, or else!" I said, adding the warning in at the end. Kage just looked at me funnily.

NOTE TO SELF: Threatening a shinigami isn't that effective. 

He was about to take off when I suddenly interrupted. "WAIT! Do you want a cookie?" I asked holding out half of a cookie that I had been eating. Kage eyed the cookie suspiciously before shaking his head. Maybe later...

He took off, somewhat nervously and hesitant, through the roof. I watched him fly upwards from my window until he was out of sight. If I was him I would be the same, going to see the Old Man for the first time sure would be nerve racking.

I lay back down on the bed lazily when I suddenly heard a knock at the door. I groaned in annoyance and sat back up reluctantly.

My appearance had turned back to it's normal form so I walked over to the door, opening it. 

Matt stood on the other side. I let him in and then lay back on the bed, I was sure worn out from my previous task.

"I heard you talking to someone, or was it just you being crazy?" He said chuckling as he pulled off his goggles. 

"Yeah, just talking to myself as usual!" I replied easily. I hated lying to him, keeping the truth from him. But it was necessary. I could feel the guilt already building up inside me, I had kept so much from him. It was tearing me apart, but there was no other way.

He kissed my lips softly before announcing that he was going to go play some games, as Mello had already went to sleep. "Wanna come play two player with me?" He asked with that lopsided grin that I loved.

I shook my head, rolling onto my side. I was too exhausted for that. "Maybe later…"

Matt walked out and soon after I heard the sounds of his video game from the other room.

~a few hours later~

I shut my laptop closed hurriedly and made my way out of the room. Matt was no where to be seen. I assumed he was outside, smoking, so that's where I was headed. 

 But first, I had to cross the dark and scary room in between. I fumbled around for the light switch but to no avail, I simply couldn't find it.

 Moonlight did not aid me either as the sky was covered by clouds, I was left by myself in the dark.

Slowly walking out into the darkness, I looked around cautiously. "Urgh where's a lantern when you need one?!" I muttered to myself, "I bet the barrels planned this!"

 After a few steps I couldn't take it any longer, I ran towards where the door was as if I was running for my life. Practically slamming into the door, I pushed it open and stumbled out into the cold night air.

And there was Matt, I flung myself towards him and clung onto his waist tightly, shaking.

"Link? What's wrong?" He said concerned, looking down at me as I held onto him.

 I looked up at him with fearful eyes and stammered out, "I p-played Amnesia…. now my imag-gination… s-scary Matt, scary!! They're coming for me!!"  

Matt blew out the last puff of his cigarette and stomped on it, putting it out. He then picked me up and carried me back to our bedroom. I was still shaking, looking around for any teleporting naked men. (Yep, referencing PewDiePie like a boss!! )

~in the morning~

I woke up to face a sleeping Matt. His goggles were still on the top of his head so I gently lifted them off and put them on the nightstand. I had a strange urge to poke him but decided against it because he hadn't had much sleep lately, neither of us had. Games to play, Internet to browse. 

He was so cute when he was asleep, like a cute puppy. Or a baby killer whale. Or a happy pira- wait, no..... why am I comparing Matt to a happy pirahna?!

I brushed his bright red hair away from his eyes as I watched him sleep (like a creeper). But I was suddenly interrupted by a certain shinigami flying through the roof. 

Kage had suddenly appeared in the room at the end of our bed. I got up slowly and motioned for Kage to turn around while I hastily got changed. Who wants a shinigami perving on them while they're getting changed?! Not me! 

With me in a pair of shorts and a hoodie, I walked over to Kage. I tapped him on the left shoulder, having to stand on my tip-toes to even reach his shoulder, and then stood to his right. He immediately looked at me.

"Aww you didn't fall for it! Not fair!" I said sticking my tongue out at him, he rolled his eyes back at me. After I said that Matt turned over on the bed, slowly he opened his eyes.

I stepped in front of Kage, in an attempt to hide him, then I realised that I was the only one who could see him. "Hey Matt! Just going for a walk! Bye!" I said quickly and rushed out of the house, Kage following close behind me. That wasn't suspicious at all!

We walked along the empty streets as it was quite early in the morning, avoding public places as much as I could.

"So who was that?" Kage asked, referring to Matt.

"Matt, my boyfriend." I replied, taking a cookie out of my hoddie pocket, "So lemme see your Death Note!" I said enthusiastically.

Kage took his notebook out of his belt and held it towards me in a swift motion, I jumped back from the notebook. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I can't touch it! And you can't let it touch human soil. It's 'your' Death Note. " I explained.

"But then I'll have to go back to the Shinigami Realm, it's a rule." He replied, looking slightly confused.

"Oh my dear Kage, there's always an exception to the rule." I said, resuming walking as I was drawing attention. ''As long as I want you here, you can stay." I explained to the young shinigami, thinking of my plan.

Kage caught onto my train of thought. "What're you planning?" He asked, flying beside me.

I turned to face him, "Oh you'll see." I replied before turning away again. I turned to walk back to the base.

It won't be long now.

We walked back to the base, me poking Kage while he did his best to ignore me. It was quite hard to annoy a shinigami apparantly, that didn't stop me from trying.

"Want a cookie?" I asked holding out the spare cookie I had, and no, it wasn't poisoned. I wonder if poison would even work on a shinigami, now wouldn't that be an interesting experiment ... MWAH HA HA!

Kage sighed and took the cookie in his hand, he stared at it for a while, obviously unaccustomed to human food. Well of course he would be, he's only young! Silly Link. 

He finally took a bite and spat it back out in disgust. 

"Hey! Don't waste perfectly good food!" I said grabbing the half he hadn't biten back from him. 

"That's revolting!" He replied staring at the cookie like it was dirt. Poor cookie, Kage was hurting the cookie's feelings now.

"More for me!" I just remarked. I looked back around for Kage but couldn't see him, then I noticed that he had taken interest in the banana stand at the side of the road. I silently prayed that he wouldn't pick anything up as I ran towards him, I wouldn't want to give these people a 'ghost' scare. I've had enough of those incidents.

Just as he was about to pick it up and reached the stand and got there before him. I held the banana up in his general direction, pretending to be inspecting it while I was actually trying to ask him if he wanted it. He nodded and I handed it over to the shop lady and bought it.

Kage found the banana to be 'delicious', and ate it happily. Well shinigami do have different tastes. 

We then returned back to the base, Matt and Mello were indulged in their different activites, so I went  to my bedroom and began telling my plan to Kage. I smiled to myself as he listened intently, this was going well....

Vote/Comment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 21K 81
Y/n didn't expect her life to take a turn for the weird. She along with her best friend Light Yagami join L on the Kira case. Y/n was smart and a gre...
898K 15.7K 37
Hey guys!!!! 👋≧◉ᴥ◉≦ Thank you so much for clicking on this story xD In here are a bunch of Death Note Boyfriend Scenarios! Death Note is my absolute...
3.8K 148 16
Matt and Mello are back with the gang: Nick, L and BB in the second instalment of the Ology series. Losing Sam was something no one wanted... Nor was...
59.8K 2.6K 70
(Y/n) was raised inside Wammy's Orphanage in Winchester along with Mello, Matt and Near. Years had passed and one day when L's two successors learn o...