The Startled Princess

By Bellaaa_

[PRINCESS HOURS FAN FICTION] "So you're saying that my grandfather and Prince Seth's grandfather arranged our... More

♕ Chapter 1
♕ Chapter 2
♕ Chapter 3
♕ Chapter 4
♕ Chapter 5
♕ Chapter 6
♕ Chapter 8
♕ Chapter 9
♕ Chapter 10
♕ Chapter 11
♕ Chapter 12
♕ Chapter 13
♕ Chapter 14
♕ Chapter 15
♕ Chapter 16
♕ Chapter 17
♕ Chapter 18
♕ Chapter 19
♕ Chapter 20
♕ Chapter 21
♕ Chapter 22
♕ Chapter 23
♕ Chapter 24
♕ Chapter 25
♕ Chapter 26
♕ Chapter 27
♕ Chapter 28
♕ Chapter 29
♕ Chapter 30
♕ EPILOGUE

♕ Chapter 7

100K 2K 183
By Bellaaa_

       "I thought a ballerina would have be on a diet?" Seth asked, raising an eyebrow as he watched Rose stuffing chocolate bars into her mouth. "Certainly one with no chocolates in it."

            Rose took another bar, unwrapped it and threw it into her mouth. She had been in love with chocolates since she was born. "Yes we do. But I've never actually go along with it. I mean, I avoid chips and cheese sometimes, but chocolate is just too hard to resist," she said, her mouth full. She took a bar from the bowl and handed it to Seth. "You want one?"

         Seth shook his head. "No, thanks," he declined. Rose shrugged and opened the bar for herself. Seth looked out the window. "You'd better put that bowl back, we're almost there. Madam Hartford will ban chocolate from your sight if she sees you like this," he warned. 

       Rose sulked but followed his instruction. "I hate being a princess," she whined. Seth rolled his eyes and pretended he didn't heard her.

         The limo pulled up in front the lobby of the castle. The door opened, so Seth, and then Rose, got out from it. Rose stretched her body. "I'm so tired!" She whined again and yawned. "It's just your first day and you haven't stop whining," Seth said and rolled his eyes.

        "Don't you get tired?" Rose asked, covering her yawn using her hand. "I thought everyone did,". Seth snorted and walked away from there, into the castle. "Hey wait! I don't know which way to go!" Rose shouted when Seth left her and skipped to catch up with him.

            "Stop banging on people!" Seth howled when Rose kept knocking his side to disturb him. She was bored. Rose ignored his howling and kept nudging his side. Seth who was annoyed struck back, banging hard on her shoulder. 

          "Ouch!" Rose moaned. "Its not fair! You're a guy!" She exclaimed, rubbing her shoulder and looked up at her husband. Seth was smiling; what? Did he just smile? It was the first time Rose ever saw a curve, a genuine smile when he was with her. She couldn't help but smile with him. But she wasn't going to give up. She sneaked behind him and jumped on his back.

       "What are you doing?" Seth startled and tried to get rid of her by swaying from side to side. But Rose was gripping his neck, tightly. "Get off me!" He gripped her hands that were looping at his neck. But Rose wouldn’t come off.

     "Carry me to my chambers!" She said, in a British tone, strengthening her grip. Seth rolled his eyes. "Why should I?" He asked, annoyed. Rose smiled and gripped harder. "Because you're my husband!"

             Seth drew a deep long breath and tried to sway for the last time. He realise that it was useless, so he walked to their chambers, with Rose on his back. "Yay! I win!" Rose cheered, proud of herself. "Shut up. You're heavy. You should stop eating chocolates," Seth complained.

        "Chocolates doesn't make us fat. It gives us energy," she said wisely. "Can you walk faster? I'm sleepy." Seth’s mouth fell open. First, she asked him to carry her, and now she asked him to walk faster? Who does she think she is? He shook his head and continued to walk. "I can't. You're too heavy."

               At last, they reached their building; much to Seth’s relief. His back had started to ache because of Rose. "We're here. Now, get down!" He instructed. Rose sighed; she was having fun bullying him. "Fine," she said and released his neck. She got down from his back and turned to him. "Thanks," she grinned.

          Seth rolled his eyes and stretched his body. His back ached and now he would have to call someone to give him a massage. Thanks to his new bride. Rose was still smiling and swaying herself from side to side. "Stop smiling, you look stupid," he said and rubbed the back of his neck. Rose frowned.

            "Well, what do we have here?" Alex got up from the couch as he saw them entering the building. He clapped his hands. Seth shrugged and couldn't believe that someone just saw them. Rose grinned and looked down, demurely.

       "It's not what you think, Alex. She jumped on me! Then, gripped my neck!" Seth explained, his eyes widened. "She's a monster!"

        "Hey! You're the monster. You banged hard on my shoulder so I want to get vengeance for it!" Rose protested. Alex laughed and shook his head. "I think you both are monsters," he joked. Seth shrugged, spinning his shoulder. "I need to call someone," he whined and got into his chamber, slamming the door hard.

        Rose startled. She frowned and then turned to Alex. "Sorry about that. You came to see him?" She asked, kindly. Alex shook his head. "No, I came to see you," he admitted. Rose gulped. Why'd he wanted to see her? "Sit here and talk," Alex invited and patted the couch.

         Rose motioned to him and sat on the couch opposite to his. "Why'd you want to see me?" She asked, suspiciously. Alex chuckled. "We haven't talked since I got here. So, I thought I should get to know you. You're my cousin's wife after all," he told her.

         "Oh-" Rose bit her lip. "Can I ask you something? Where do you live now? I thought you were a prince too but why are you not living here?" She winced on the couch, uncomfortable in her skirt.

           Alex let out a small laugh. He brought his hands together. "Well, I'm living in a hotel, for now. There's a rule-in the castle. Only one prince can live in the castle at one time, which is the Crown Prince. Its a tradition," he explained. 

         Rose nodded and observed him. He was wearing a grey t-shirt with a black jacket instead of a vest-like Seth always wore and a khaki pants. "You doesn't look like a prince," she blurted and beamed at him. Alex looked down at what he was wearing and laughed. 

        "Yeah, I get that a lot," he chuckled. "You're funny, Rose," he pointed a finger at her. Rose eyes looked down, embarrassed and afraid that she might say something wrong. "Its a good thing though because you're my classmate. It won't be so boring now," he smiled.

       "Classmate?" Rose echoed. Is he going to Maximillian too? Alex nodded. "Yup. English and Maths. And yes, I'm studying at your school. Photography," he chattered. Rose mouth fell open and she nodded. Alex's her classmate, good thing right?

          "Now, its my turn to ask," he smiled. "If you're okay with it, can you tell me why you married Seth? I mean, you've never known him before this, right?" he asked curiously. Rose looked down and bit her lip. She didn't know how to tell him. Alex waved his hands. "Its alright if you refuse to tell me. I'm okay," he said when he realised that she was getting uncomfortable.

           "My family were having  financial problems. We hadn’t been paying the rent and bills so we almost got chased out. Then, all this came and I didn't have a choice. I wanted to help my parents," Rose told him everything, eyes downcast. Alex nodded. "Now, you must think I am a bad person, isn't it? Marrying for money," she said in disgust.

             Alex shook his head and smiled. "No, I think you're a very kind person and I adore you," he said honestly. "If I was at your place, I wouldn't do that for anyone. You're different," he gazed into her eyes.

         "Thanks," Rose smiled weakly. She never thought that someone would look at her in that way. Everyone around her hated her, mocked her, and kept telling her that she was a bitch and didn't deserve Prince Seth. It was a relieve to know someone actually appreciated her.

           "Well, now that we're classmate, I'll see you around!" He grinned and clapped his hands together. "Oh- and I'm an idiot in maths so I'll be needing your help," he admitted, his teeth shined.

            Rose giggled. "Sorry, hate to say this, but I am too. The only thing I'm good at is eating and probably ballet," she prattled. Alex lifted a hand. "Same! Not ballet, of course," he said and they high fived. 

       Rose laughed. Alex was fun to talk to; unlike Seth, who was always moody. She felt that he could be a great friend. Plus, Cassidy will be excited if she knows that there's another prince in town. Rose yawned.

        "You must be tired," Alex said kindly and got up to his feet. "Goodnight! See you in school!" He said. "Night, Alex," Rose smiled and Alex head out from the building.

~~

           Rose kept rolling on her bed. Her eyes refused to shut. She got up and sat on her bed. She took her brand new Iphone (her wedding gift) and looked at the time. It was just past nine o'clock. She was tired, but now, she was bored. Seth? She wondered if he had gone to sleep. She decided to pay a visit to his room.

          She climbed off from her bed and took a white cardigan from her wardrobe. She slipped it on before walking to the door. She opened it slowly; making sure that no one would heard her sneaking out. She poked her head through the door; no one was outside. Yes! So now she just had to sneak into his room.

           He'll surely be mad at her, but that was what she wanted. She loved to see the sight of Seth getting mad at her. It was cute. She crept to his chamber and turned the doorknob, luckily, he forgot to lock his room. Stupid guy. Rose poked her head through his doors. "Wow," she mouthed as she saw his room.

           It was as the same size as hers, only that his walls were painted blue and white. A king size bed was placed in the middle; a white two-seater sofa, an old classy bookcase, a table on the left and a flat screen LCD television opposite the sofa. 

          But there was no sign of Seth anywhere. Rose pushed the door open and walked into his chamber. She circled around his room, touching everything. She motioned to the table and found his Ipod on it. She took it and opened his playlist. Queen, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Lionel Richie were on his playlist. "Old," Rose snorted. 

            Suddenly, his bathroom door cracked open. Rose turned to it and her eyes widened when she saw Seth came out from it. He was just wearing a towel, covering the lower part of his body; so his top was exposed. His hair was wet; very sexy. Rose screamed and covered her eyes using her hands. 

       "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BEDROOM!!!" Seth shouted and ran to the bathroom. He took his bathrobe and put it on. Then, he went out from it and found Rose, still covering her eyes. "Open your eyes, I'm not naked," he rolled his eyes.

           "Still, you're just wearing a towel," Rose croaked. She started to regret, deciding to came here in the first place. She never thought that he would have his bath at nine. "I'm wearing my bathrobe now!" Seth told her, hands on his waist. 

         Rose peeked Seth through her hands. Yes, he was wearing his bathrobe. Thank God. Slowly, she lowered her hands from face. Seth's hands were on his waist, and he was wearing that freaking angry face. She was so dead. Instead of saying sorry, Rose gave an innocent teeth smile. 

        Seth drew a deep breath, trying to calm down. "What are you doing here?" He asked again, this time more politely. Rose bit her lip and swayed from side to side. "I was bored." Seth threw his hands up in the air. "So?" He smirked.

          "So, I came here. Maybe we could play games or gossip or something," Rose chirped. Seth walked to his wardrobe and took out a plain grey shirt and put it on. "I thought you were tired?" He said as he wore his shirt. "I am. But I can't sleep," Rose admitted.

      Seth then turned to his wife. "I want to wear my pants. Turn around," he instructed her and made a hand gesture. Rose gasped and turned around as fast as she could. Seth then put on his pants, fast. "Don't peek!" He shouted.

         "Who wants too!" Rose grumbled. Though, deep inside her, she wanted too. Seth looked hotter after he had had his bath. The look of his wet hair; and the fact that now she knew he had abs was freaking sexy. Rose never felt this way for any guy. She shook her head, trying to get him out from her perverted mind. "Seth hates me!" She repeated to herself.

           "Done," Seth said when he was done and shut the wardrobe door close. He limped to the white sofa and slammed himself on it. Rose crept toward him and sat beside him; far from him though. She didn't want to take any risk. Seth glimpsed at her for a second, before turning on the TV.

          "There's no TV in my bedroom. Its not fair," Rose complained. Seth shrugged. "Princess' don't watch TV, Rose," he said. Rose sulked and sighed. She really hated being a princess. It was so boring. Seth was watching the TV - the news channel. "Isn't there anything else on?" Rose asked, puzzled. Why would you want to watch the news at night?

           Seth shrugged before turned the channel, HBO. He pressed the 'info' button, it was A Nightmare on Elm Street movie. "Cool! Horror movie!" Rose chirped. But Seth switched the channel before she could even watch it. She tapped his thigh. "Why'd you switched the channel? I wanna watch that movie," she babbled.

       "I hate horror movies. It’s really stupid and unrealistic," Seth lied. He was actually afraid to watch it. True, he hated horror movie but the reason was because he was scared. He kept his eyes on the TV, avoiding making any eye contact with her. Rose knew that he was lying by the look on his face. 

       She laughed. "Don't tell me you're scared, Seth!" She joked and looked at his eyes. Seth turned his eyes to her, their gaze met. He let out a small laugh. "I'm not. The movie is just so stupid. I can't watch it," he lied again. 

        Rose jumped off from the couch and stood in front the TV, blocking Seth from watching it. "Prince Seth is afraid of Freddy Krueger! He can't sleep because he's too afraid!" She mocked him and stuck out a tongue. Seth was annoyed so he got up from the sofa. He grabbed her shoulder and pushed her to sit on the sofa. "I am not!" He said firmly.

      Rose blinked her eyes and smiled. "Yes, you are," she sneered. "If you're not, why would you get mad at me? And give me stupid reasons?" Seth’s eyes widened, he couldn't believe that she had just insulted him. He sat back on the sofa and switched the channel. 

        "Fine. We'll watch that stupid movie. But don't get scared to much, Rose," he warned, yet he himself was afraid of the movie. Rose wrapped her arms around her knees. "Oh, I won't, Seth. That's very kind of you," she said, sounded both playful and mischievous. 

          While they watched the movie, Rose never stopped laughing. It didn't scare her at all. She even thought Freddy Krueger was cute. While Seth, kept covering his eyes using his hands but when Rose glanced at him, he would lower them down and faked a laugh. "That's stupid," he would say.

         The movie finally ended and Seth was relieved. Rose yawned and got up to her feet. She looked at the scared Seth who was still sitting on the sofa, his face was pale. "You're sure you don't want me to sleep here? I can sleep on the sofa?" She offered to mortify him. Seth looked up at her.

      "No. Why would I want?" He said. Deep inside him, he really did want someone to accompany him. He could still recall Freddy Krueger killing his victim. It was scary. "Get out from my room now," he instructed and pointed the way out. 

       "I gave you the chance, Seth. You just blew it," Rose mimicked. She motioned to the door and turned the doorknob. Before she went out, she turned to Seth. "Oh, goodnight. Be careful, he could be anywhere. Maybe he'll be sleeping beside you," Rose whispered, in a scary voice. 

          Seth who was annoyed, threw a pillow at her. "GET OUT!" He raved. Rose laughed and went out from the bedroom. It was so fun bullying him. Seth was sweating and felt something around him. He pulled a deep breath, trying to calm down.

        He crawled onto his bed and pulled the comforter to his chin. He closed his eyes but suddenly remembered Rose's words. He opened his eyes and rolled over to the other side. There was no way he'll be sleeping tonight. That was the last thing he could do. He pressed the call button on the phone. "Mr Jameson, I need you to be here now," he instructed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.7K 5K 31
(Published on Amazon as an e-book, sample here only)...... Nineteen year-old beautiful girl Hooriya Malik is a rich spoilt brat. She is Arrogant, St...
109K 5.3K 28
|| MULTI - COUPLE ROYAL ROMANCE || ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ They are royals , one of the most respectable and powerful peop...
809 61 6
"I want to be the one he has waited for, not the one he waits with." - Everyone has a soulmate. When fate decides it is time you meet each other...
35.3K 3.9K 21
Slow Update.. In a hope to get him she forcibly married him with a contract of five years. She thought she would get his love one day. But alas his h...