Little Riddle | James Potter

By anditivej

[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hog... More

PROLOGUE
β€’ one
β€’ two
β€’ three
β€’ four
β€’ five
β€’ six
β€’ seven
β€’ eight
β€’ nine
β€’ ten
β€’ eleven
β€’ twelve
β€’ thirteen
β€’ fourteen
β€’ fifteen
β€’ sixteen
β€’ seventeen
β€’ eighteen
β€’ nineteen
β€’ twenty
β€’ twenty two
β€’ twenty three
β€’ twenty four
β€’ twenty five
β€’ twenty six
β€’ twenty seven
β€’ twenty eight
β€’ twenty nine
β€’ thirty
β€’ thirty one
β€’ thirty two
β€’ thirty three
β€’ thirty four
β€’ thirty five
β€’ thirty six
β€’ thirty seven
β€’ thirty eight
β€’ thirty nine
β€’ forty
β€’ forty one
β€’ forty two
β€’ forty three
β€’ forty four
β€’ forty five
β€’ forty six
β€’ forty seven
β€’ forty eight
β€’ forty nine
β€’ fifty
β€’ fifty one
β€’ fifty two
β€’ fifty three
β€’ fifty four
β€’ fifty five
β€’ fifty six
β€’ fifty seven
β€’ fifty eight
β€’ fifty nine
β€’ sixty
β€’ Where there used to be trees
β€’ die VerΓ€nderung der Jahreszeiten
β€’ AlgΓΊn lugar que sΓ³lo nosotros conocemos
‒ La rivière coule en toi

β€’ twenty one

62.3K 2K 3.9K
By anditivej

she was trouble
chaos really
but her smile
her smile
dared me to fall in love with her

Hogwarts was known for its diverse students. The school held no prejudices and opened its doors to anyone who was willing to learn. The Houses represented different qualities, where each individual student further developed their personality traits and character. But the entire student body, as diverse as it was, could agree on one thing: History of Magic was the most boring class in existence.

Alexis suspected Dumbledore kept Professor Binns around simply for the amusement of it all, because even if the ghost had been a good teacher during his time alive, he had definitely lost his touch.

Sharing the class with Catherine and Ivy did little to lift the mood. As the latter was already in a deep slumber and the former was trying to stifle her tenth yawn in the last five minutes. The class was sent to a state of drowsiness almost immediately, so it was no wonder no one but Alexis noticed the odd sound of rolling balls coming from several spots in the room. And even she attributed it to her sleepy mind playing tricks on her once she realized no one else noticed. They continued with their last moments of serenity before a small explosion took place in the back of the room, followed by three other explosions on different sides of the classroom, leaving the place with a yellow fog and a foul smell.

They had been the victims of a Dungbomb attack. And they didn't have to think too hard to know who the culprits were.

The Marauders without James were an odd sight to see. Even the three boys felt incomplete as they made their way through the grounds after dinner, knowing they still had twenty minutes to kill before they met up with James in their dorm like they had agreed to.

"Mate, you've got to stop being so dramatic." Remus gave Sirius a small smirk, still amused by his theatrics after running into Regulus.

Sirius looked at him dead in the eye, staying silent for a good thirty seconds before speaking up indignantly. "You want me to die, don't you?" He stood with his hand on his hips, unaware of the bird that flew out of nowhere and struck him in the back of his head. "Ouch! What the—" before he could question what was happening, a very angry Ivy stomped her way towards them followed by the amused faces of Catherine and Alexis.

"You wanker!" Ivy's hair was dripping wet and her face clean from any makeup after taking several showers to, unsuccessfully, try to get rid of the foul smell that stuck to them. Remus and Peter chuckled, watching with amusement as Sirius continued getting attacked. However, that was not a wise move seeing as the Ravenclaw's glare turned to them. "Avis!" More birds flew out of the caster's wand and attacked all three boys who ran around in circles.

"Make them stop!" Sirius cried, making Ivy's frown deepen. "No! I stink!" She replied stubbornly.

"You always stink! Nothing new!" Sirius' sarcastic and mischievous self always got the best of him. A trait that got him in trouble more often than not. Everyone watched silently as the entire flock of birds flew after Sirius who let out an ear piercing scream as he ran away.

"You look like hell." James scrutinized their appearance from his bed, where he sat cross-legged surrounded by piles of snacks.

"Yeah, well," Remus massaged the back of his neck before taking a chocolate frog and sitting on his own bed. "Ivy was not very happy with our prank."

"How did she know it was us?" James frowned, genuinely confused, but he only earned himself a glare from Remus in return. "Anyway. Irrelevant. So—" he motioned them to sit around. "Want to know why I went to visit Dumbledore earlier?"

"James, for fuck's sake, just tell us." Remus sighed tiredly. The bird attack did nothing to help the approaching full moon situation.

"No." James deadpanned. "I'm setting the mood." Sirius made a face as Peter snickered and took a bite from a cauldron cake. "I went to talk to him about Alexis."

That piqued Sirius' interest, making him sit up straighter and reach for a chocolate frog, watching James with wide, attentive eyes. Peter tensed as soon as the name left James' lips, his eyes dropping almost as if in shame. And although Remus was extremely intrigued about what Dumbledore had to say, Peter's behavior was beginning to worry him. And Remus being Remus, he knew things weren't going to end well.

"So basically he explained that it all comes down to how potent the love potion was. So if Amortentia was used, then that's some serious shit because that's the strongest of the lot, like I so kindly learned."James smirked at the memory of back when he had blatantly informed the entire class his Amortentia smelled like Alexis' perfume. "But if the love potion isn't very strong then obviously the consequences aren't so bad, yeah? You with me?"

The three of them nodded, having figured that much before. "So apparently Merope was a squib — or people thought she was a squib or something like that. Alexis only mentioned her father and brother being abusive but that's it, so we're gonna have to ask her more about it—" he trailed off, making Sirius clap his hands in front of his face so he would focus. "But she wasn't good with magic! Barely knew a thing!" He exclaimed a little too happy for such a tragic statement. "So Dumbledore believes Merope couldn't possibly brew Amortentia and that she most likely brewed some store-like potion. And I believe Dumbledore, so," he shrugged. "Still with me?"

"Potion wasn't strong because Merope wasn't the brightest. Got it." Sirius nodded, and so did Remus, whose mood had brightened as he noticed where this was going.

"So I asked Dumbledore the big question—" James beamed proudly before he got interrupted by Sirius. "You asked him to marry you?" James' beam dropped momentarily to glare at Sirius before returning to his story telling with a smile back on his face. "The other big question. I asked him if Alexis could possibly develop the ability to love someday and—" the boys leaned closer as James did a dramatic drumroll. "—he said yes!"

"He said yes!" Remus and Sirius jumped up excited, dramatically hugging each other as they chanted the three words over and over again. James' smile couldn't possibly get any wider seeing his friends' reaction mimic his own, before noticing Peter was frozen on his place. "Anything wrong, Pete?" James frowned confused, making Remus and Sirius stop their celebration to have a look at the sulking boy.

"Everything alright, mate?" Sirius frowned, patting him on the back. Remus sat back down on his bed, watching the scene unfold with a preoccupied expression.

"I just think—" Peter began bitterly, staring them down with an uncharacteristic anger. "—That all of you are being absolute morons. The girl can't love, she said so herself! Why is it so hard to accept that?! Why can't you just accept her for who she is?!" That could very well be the first time Peter raised his voice at them like that, but it was clear his anger was targeted towards James, who instantly got defensive after the sudden outburst.

"Because I love her!" James replied impulsively. "Because I want her to be my girlfriend! I want to spend the rest of my life with her! She means everything to me and it would be nice if she reciprocated my feelings!"

"Yes, because everyone has to love James Potter." Peter spat out, standing up in order to look more menacing. "Everyone has to feed his huge ego! No one can tell him what a big-headed, egotistical twat he is!"

"Mate, what the fuck." James stood up as well, and even though he was still angry, he knew better than to insult any of his friends. Peter pushed James, who only took a step back, before storming out of their dorm.

"The fuck is wrong with him." Sirius asked taken aback, an angry frown on his face.

"You two can't possibly be this dense." Remus sighed before standing up and going after Peter.

"I'm not." James whispered. "I know exactly what's going on." Sirius gave him a puzzled look, making James look at him defeated. "He fancies her." He covered his face with his hands as he sat back down. "He fucking fancies her."

Sirius looked bewildered by the news, watching with a pained expression as his friend moaned in distress. "Why do I have the worst fucking luck in love?"

It didn't take long for Remus to find Peter, and even though he was on James' side on this one, he couldn't help but feel bad for the poor boy. Remus stopped in the middle of the hallway, silently watching Peter pace back and forth. The latter seemed to sense his presence because he immediately turned to face him.

"He's putting too much pressure on her, Remus! He wants to change her! He's not accepting her for who she is!"

Remus approached him calmly. "You're scared because there's a genuine chance they'll fall in love now."

Remus' voice wasn't judgmental or accusatory, but Peter lowered his head in shame regardless. Remus sighed, taking a seat in front of a window and motioning Peter to join him. "What were you thinking, Peter?"

"I couldn't help it, Remus. She just pulled me in."

"You know she's out out of bounds, right?" Remus asked wearily, turning to look at Peter.

"It's unfair, Moony! We befriend this cute, funny and smart girl and who does she fancy? James Potter. The girl probably never even fancied anyone before," he laughed bitterly. "But now she fancies James Potter."

"You're being unfair, Wormtail." Remus sighed and looked ahead. "They couldn't help it either."

James readjusted his glasses before turning to face his teammates. Being Quidditch captain was proving to be a much more difficult task than he expected, especially when his head wasn't on the right place. Although Peter and him weren't really avoiding each other and could coexist perfectly, they still had some odd silent treatment going on, which was slowly but steadily driving James mad. And to top it all out, he tried to keep a bit of distance from Alexis, at least until things got sorted with Peter to avoid upsetting him any further. But it had been a week already and she had definitely noticed. She didn't look angry, but was definitely uneasy about James pulling the same 'ignoring her' stunt he pulled before. So much for trying to make her fall in love.

He sighed. "Let's go kick some Ravenclaw ass."

Quidditch always kept Alexis on the edge of her seat, but whenever James played the girl turned into a full on nervous and blabbering mess. Remus sat on her left side while Ivy sat on her right, and the rest of the group sat scattered around them. She didn't even bother acknowledging their presence, fearing she would miss a crucial play if she looked away for two seconds.

Alexis had turned into their personal commentator, as she shrieked and screamed whatever happened on the field. "Cole has the quaffle now! She's almost th -- Oi! Finnegan, you bastard! Potter's got the quaffle now and -- woah, that would've been a nasty bludger but he turned just in time -- YES! James scores for the fifth time today!"

She jumped all over the place, feeling Remus' gaze on her as he smirked amused while Ivy tried to not-so-subtly scoot away from her. "She really is her boyfriend's biggest fan." Sirius muttered next to Remus.

"It's not my fault he's the best player out there." She replied absentmindedly, eyes still glued on the players. She gasped dramatically when Chloe Cole got pushed off her broom. "YOU CHEATING SCUM! YOU DIRTY B -- Peterson's got the snitch! GRYFFINDOR WINS!"

The crowd went wild but Alexis was still receiving many amused glances, mainly from her friends. "I'm starting a petition to have her as the new commentator." Sirius whispered in Remus' ear, making him laugh and shake his head.

"Is it true?" James whispered in Alexis' ear, making the girl jump startled at his sudden appearance.

"Is what true?" She turned to face him, her hand holding a red cup filled with firewhiskey and his Gryffindor jumper hanging loosely from her body. He smirked at her choice of outfit, "A little bird told me you were cheering me on like crazy."

The Gryffindor Common Room was buzzing with people and music, but somehow Alexis' drunken state only allowed her to focus on James' hazel eyes and delicate features. She absentmindedly placed a hand on his cheek, staring at him with dazed, bloodshot eyes and a sheepish smile. "You know you're my favorite person -- no! I meant player."

He giggled, taking her hand from his cheek and placing it on his lips, kissing it tenderly. "No, you meant person."

"Yes, I meant person." She bit her bottom lip, the same dazed and crazed look in her eye.

Oh, how she missed him terribly. Her body ached for his touch and her lips felt cold by his absence. Her entire being wanted to hold on to James Potter with all of her might and never let go. Her body turned into a lifeless machine when he wasn't around, losing its touch and spark, but the second that boy laid a finger on her she could feel the fire spread through her body. She could see the color growing in her flesh. Her body melted and her soul soared. And every wall that surrounded her fell, one by one. And it was beautiful, to feel raw in his presence, to be emotionally bare but still wanted, still desired. She loved the feeling of being defenseless to him. The best reminder she had that she was human. And it was all because of a boy with hazel eyes.

"Oi, James!" They jumped startled at James' teammate drunken shouts. "Captain has to drink seven shots after a victory!"

"It's tradition!" Chloe Cole exclaimed from Fabian Prewett's lap.

"Get your ass here!"

James' hands found Alexis' waist, his eyes lingering on her lips for longer than they should have. "I have to go now." He whispered, licking his lips as the distance between decreased slowly. She nodded absentmindedly, her mind drowning by his proximity. Their faces were mere inches apart and their breathing uneven as their hands wandered through the other's body. He leaned over and kissed the corner of her mouth, smirking at her audible gasp, and left before it was too late and his self control flew out the window.

Alexis stood there for a minute, looking silly with a giddy smile and shiny eyes. She managed to pull herself together just in time to see Peter scowling at her. She frowned and headed towards him but was met by Ivy pulling her arm in the opposite direction.

"Come on! They're playing truth or dare!" The Ravenclaw was completely unfazed by her House's defeat and had no issue joining the Gryffindors for the booze and the laughs.

"Oh, I hate that game." Alexis whined as she continued being pulled. "Some messy shit always happens when a bunch of drunk teenagers start daring each other."

"And you think I like to play?" Ivy scoffed. "I just want to watch them make a fool of themselves."

The girls found a perfect spot in a sofa next to the approximately fifteen players who sat on the ground in a circle with a bottle in the middle. The game began with mischievous dares, making Alexis either cry of laughter or watch wide-eyed in shock. But as the night went on and their alcohol level increased, so did the sexually advancing dares.

It was time for Dorcas to dare Marlene, and by the look on Dorcas' face, she had a good one coming. "I dare you to snog the person you fancy." Although the dare was quite innocent compared to some others that had taken place, Marlene's expression was one of pure horror. The cheering and whistling left her no choice other than to stand up and fulfill her dare.

Alexis watched amused and leaned back on the sofa, giggling as the boy sitting next to her squirmed excited when Marlene walked in their direction. But the cheering stopped and everyone watched silently as Marlene stopped in front of Alexis, making the poor girl's heartbeat skyrocket. Paralyzed with shock, Alexis did nothing but stare at Marlene with wide eyes as the blonde girl crouched to be on Alexis' same height.

Their lips were inches apart, their breathes fanning each other's faces and in the blink of an eye, Marlene closed the distance between them as she eagerly crashed her lips against the Slytherin's. All Alexis could hear was the cheering when she kissed back.

A/N: this chapter was really eventful.... sorry about that.
I love this poem because we get to see how three people feel about Alexis and it can be read from any of their perspectives really.
I really really want to thank you all for 2k+ reads and 70+ votes. It may not be much to some but it means the woooorld to me so thank you thank you thank you! Even if you're a silent reader, I still love you!

AND ATTENTION:
I really want your opinion on this because I will take it into account.

Do you want Sirius and Remus to be Hetero or do we bring some Wolfstar into this?

I introduced Catherine and Ivy as Alexis' friends but they really don't need to be romantically involved with the boys. What do you think? I hope you liked this chapter, please vote and comment if you did! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 10.7K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
28.6K 937 41
"π‘π‡πˆπ€πππŽπ π‘πˆππ†π’ π‹πˆπŠπ„ 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππˆπ†π‡π“, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π–πŽπ”π‹πƒπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” π‹πŽπ•π„ π“πŽ π‹πŽπ•π„ 𝐇𝐄𝐑?" rhiannon was...
12.9K 584 21
Remus Lupin's life is miserable. He was bitten by a werewolf at the age of five causing his lycanthropy and as a result ostracisation from both the w...
19.9K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...