Omerta ||ʙᴏᴏᴋ 1||

By DelightfulLiz

{Book 1 out of 3 in the Omertà series} Mafia: An orgnaized international body of criminals ,operating in Sici... More

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ɴᴏᴛᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇxᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ
ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

1.9K 55 3
By DelightfulLiz

It was the crack of dawn but the dark curtains blocked the light out making it feel like midnight. I slowly rose out of bed not trying to wake up the beast that lies next to me. Something had changed in Cole but I had no clue what. The once caring look was no longer there; it was replaced by something more sinister and ruthless. Time really does change people and I have just yet realized it. I know for a fact that I'm not a saint, but I have my morals and that's what keeps me from tipping the iceberg.

My small luggage trailed behind me as I walked out of the room. The guard just looked at me but never said anything. I vanished under the soft morning light that was barely beginning to show.

I sat in the back of the cab as made my way to the airport. I looked down as I felt my phone simultaneously buzz in the palm of my hands. I shut it down and looked up at the drive that had been talking the entire time.

"Miss, what airline are you flying with today?" The driver asked with his extremely noticeable Italian accent. "It doesn't matter." I softly say still lost in my trance. Tracing shapes onto the palm of my hand.

I knew my action of leaving like that would have consequences but I didn't want to face the fleet of questions that Cole would've asked. He will never know exactly who my brother is.

I sat in the coach class of the plane since it was all that was available. A women and what I suppose is her toddler daughter sat next to me. The little girl had brown curly hair that was in pigtails. I softly smiled admiring the child's innocence, for she sat next killer in disguise. The little girl and had a Barbie in her hand playing with it. Her brown doe eyes looked up at me and a smile plastered her face.

"You look like my doll." She said as she held her doll to my face. She reminded me of Jack and I couldn't help but laugh.

The woman opened her eyes in embarrassment as I softly laughed. "Oh my gods Morgan, you cant say that. I'm so sorry." She said as she glared down at the little girl. I leaned my head on the back of the seat burying my hands to the pocket of the black hoodie i wore

When we got to New York I was exhausted. As I descended down the escalator I saw a swarm of paparazzi snapping pictures left and right. I quickly threw my hoodie over my head not wanting to be seen. I quickly threw on my dark sunglasses and continued to go down the escalator.  

They yelled out of my name with the constant flash of their cameras trying to get a picture of me to see who is this CEO of the Hayes cooperation. I ducked down trying to weave through them as they surround me overwhelming me.

"Is it true that your fathers death was gang related?" one asked. I ignored it and looked down. My chauffeur was nowhere to be seen among the swarm of people. 

"Are the allegations true?" they asked. I turned around in confusion.

What allegations?

"HAVE SOME RESPECT AND LEAVE ME ALONE BECAUSE IM SORRY BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET A STORY OFF ME. " I snapped out as all their comments struck a nerve. They all gasped at my outburst but continued to snap pictures of me.

I felt an arm wrap around me as it pulled me to the side when I saw it was my chauffeur. He has been working for my father since I was 11. He was a kind old man who I trusted with all my heart.

"Its good to see you Skylar, I began to think you had forgotten about me. I tried finding you through the crowd but it was impossible." He said loudly over the yells of the paparazzi. 

I threw my arms around him and hugged him tight. "I missed you so much Al." I squealed out.

I hadn't seen him in forever and it was great just to see him again because when I was younger I looked up to him like a grandfather figure.

I gave him my bag as we walked towards the black car. As i was getting into the car the swarm of pest followed me too. Al slammed the door before they could bombard me with questions.

I wasn't going to my apartments though I needed to fix something that I had messed up. I stopped at a pizza place and got a pizza. We pulled into this gated community not far from my old house. We pulled up to this modern looking house that had luxury cars parked all along the driveway.

I waved goodbye to Al as he drove off. I took a deep breath as I walked towards the elegant doors and pressed on the buzzer. The door opened and there stood Liam.

His hair was a cute messy and he wore a grey polo shirt with slacks. When he looked at me he looked utterly broken.

I handed him the pizza box that was missing two slices because I got hungry along the way. I sighed and pushed my blonde hair out of face. We stood there just looking each other not saying anything.

"Look I didn't want to end our friendship how I did, I was utterly wrong to talk to you like that and I'm so sorry. I have no way to justify what I said but I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I miss having a friend Liam who I can talk to about anything..." I stuttered out as my heart raced faster then a cheetah. The corner of his mouth curled up and he let out a sigh.

"I get it now Skylar. You only came to me when you wanted something from me and I was oblivious because I thought a filthy rich hot girl like you would actually end up with me." He said spat out quickly with anger. I just stood there and stared at him. "You used me and once you were done you threw me to the side like trash!So yes, I'm hurt with you because I did nothing but love you, but that was NEVER enough." His eyes were full of anger. His jaw was clenched and the grip on the pizza box was stronger then a constrictor.

I felt horrible I had never realized how much this affected him because I never truly thought about it.

"Go and fuck yourself because I want nothing to do with you.How was I so stupid to fall in love with a whore like you." He spat out in anger. He threw the pizza at the floor in front of me. It splattered all on the floor getting all over my expensive shoes. 

"I'm sorry." I repeated over and over to him because all I wanted was a friend and nothing more.

He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. He was about to say something but then he slammed the door right on my face making me take a few steps as the noise echoed.

Why do I miss up everything? When I try to fix it I only make it worse.

I grab my phone and dial Kane asking him to pick me up. He was hesitant at first but eventually he picked me up in his black Camaro. I sat down and looked into his eyes taking a deep breath. He would find out sooner or later and I would rather him know now by me and not Cole or anyone else for that matter.

"Mom always told me I should just rip the band aid off so here it goes... all those rumors of how dad was in a gang are somewhat true only it was the mafia. Our family has been tied to it since our great grandfather helped start it all those years ago. " I slowly said out instantly regretting saying it after because this action could also get me in deep shit with Cole.

In the mafia there are many codes you have to follow. If word spreads that you broke a code you're as good as dead. The main one we honor is the Omerta, it's the code of silence, and we live and die by it.

Kane starting laughing as what I had said was some kind of joke. His eyes focused on the road ahead but his laughter filled the car. "That was a funny joke, now cut the shit what did you want to tell me."

It would be too much work to explain every little detail so instead I took him to the warehouse. The second we stepped in he looked like a kid in a candy shop. His eyes looked all throughout and the people there just stared at him. A man came up to me with the stocks of what they've sold.

"Boss it looks like some one is tampering with our shit we keep losing shipments. My money is that it's the cobras." He said in frustration.

"Get someone to look into it, it's not my biggest concern right now." I huffed out looking for Kane who had disappeared from my view.

I turned around as I saw a group of very tall and muscular men dragging in a bloody man who was pleading for his life.

"Hey boss taking this one to the basement. Maybe he'll tell us what we actually need." One said as he kicked the man and he yelped out.

Kane looked at me in disbelief. I smirked at him "I wasn't lying. I tell the men and women what to do and they do it. I take orders from the main boss and only him. You wanted to know the secret behind our families riches well here it is right in front of you." Kane down up at me in horror as screams echoed from the basement below. He was truly and utterly terrified. He spoke not a single word, not a single snarky comment to be heard. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 1.9K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...
6.9K 102 12
Amina is 23 years old and just ended the college for nursery and has been working at a small hospital at big New York for 2 months. Her dad is a doct...
4.2K 156 25
"Rosie, I'm no fucken angel. People like me are the ones I'm trying to protect you from."-Mateo De Leon "What if I don't need protection? I'm old eno...
27.8M 816K 54
He is ruthless. He is mean. He is heartless. He is dangerous. He is cunning. He is known as the number one bachelor. He owns clubs, businesses and e...