The Alpha's Daughter: Book 2

By Iamagalaxypotato

◼◼The Alpha's Mate SEQUEL!◼◼ ◼◼On going!◼◼ Ember Cast, the daughter of the Alpha, isn't like her family. She... More

Disclaimer!
TEASER!
Ch 1: Why I want to be a warrior
Ch 2: Trouble
Ch 3: Unwilling change of plans
Ch 4: Flashback
Ch 5: Mate?
Ch 6: My first time... playing beer pong
Ch 7: Face Massage
Ch 9: Hard decisions
Ch 10: Best Friends
Ch 11: New Years Eve pt1
Ch12: New Years Eve pt2
Ch 13: New Years Eve pt3
Ch 14: New Years Eve pt4
Ch 15: Secrets Are Revealed
Ch 16: Escape
Ch 17: Poison Oak
Ch 18: Surprise Visitor
THANK YOU
Ch 19: Everything.
Ch 20: Unforseen Feelings
Ch 21: Memory Lane
Ch 22: Moon Day pt.1
Ch 23: Moon Day pt. 2
Ch 24: Where Am I?
meet the characters
Ch 25: My Hero
Ch 26: Her
Ch 27: It begins
Ch 28: Home Videos
Ch 29: Marked
Ch 30: It Is Time
Ch 31: Group Bonding
hello again !
Ch 32: Goodbyes Are Always The Hardest
Ch 33: An Emotional Reunion
Ch 34: Big Announcements
Covid-19

Ch 8: The Truth Comes Out

194 11 1
By Iamagalaxypotato

Chapter 8: The Truth Comes Out

Remi and Maya whoop, and Axel just stands there impatiently. I don't even notice David.

We pull apart, and smile up at each other.

"Ember Elise Cast!" I hear an all too familiar voice boom. I jump away from Harley, quick to put some much needed distance between us. We don't separate in time to avoid being caught by my dad, the Alpha.

"Hi dad," I nervously chuckle. "What's up?"

"Were leaving, now." He grabs my wrist and pulls me.

"What?" I plant my feet firmly on the ground. "Why?"

"Why?" He turns and looks me dead in the eyes.
"It could be the fact that your out here, without my permission, underage drinking and making out with mysterious boys!"

"First, I didn't drink, and second, I was so not making out with him. Plus he isn't just some 'mysterious boy'!" I explain, gesturing at Harley.

"The who is he?" He asks impatiently.

"H-he is Harley," I say quietly.
"My mate."

He drops my wrist like it burned him.
"What?"

"Harley Steel is my destined mate," I say bolder, walking back to him, wrapping my arm around his waist. He rests his arm around my shoulder, giving me a lazy grin. I beam back up at him.

I never expected my dad to meet my mate like this, him almost drunk, wearing my dress, and just caught kissing me.

"Were going home. Go change, you look disgusting." My dad dismisses me. I stalk away, pulling Harley after me.

We wander into an empty room and quickly change back clothes.

"When can I see you again?" He asks, handing back my dress.

"I don't know," I say honestly, slipping the dress into my body. He stretched it out slightly. He throws on his clothes, staring into my eyes. I could get lost I'm his gorgeous blue eyes.

"I need to see you again," he pleads, taking my hands into his. I shake my hands out of his.

"Harley, I don't know if I'll ever be able to see you again," I say truthfully, feeling my heart break.

"I love you," he says quickly. He turns a light shade of red.

"Harl-" I start.

"Ember. I love you, so much. I can't live without you!" He claims, making my heart squeeze.

"I love you too," I say quietly, tears slowly sliding down my face. He reaches up and wipes them away.

"Meet me at our spot tomorrow at 12:45, don't be late," and with that, he turns and leaves.

I rush out the door, looking both ways for him. He's gone. Dad appears at my side, and pulls me along. I catch a glimpse of a black wolf outside, quickly disappearing into the dark forest. Before he's gone, he smiles lovingly at me.

"I'm so disappointed in you Ember," my dad says as we push through the front door.

"Your always disappointed in me, no matter what I do," I mutter, hugging myself as the cold breeze raises goosebumps on my exposed arms.

"I'm not always disappointed Em," he says, turning towards me, his eyes soften at my expression.
"You just need to listen better, like Everest."

"I'm not like Everest!" I start off, throwing my arms into the air.
"I can't be the perfect daughter. I'm not perfect. I'm not smart and, I am not going to apologize for being myself."

I storm off as the tears begin to fall. I can't let him see me weak.

"I don't want you to be Everest. I want you to be yourself," he says, placing his hand on my shoulder and turning me around. I wipe my eyes harshly.

"Then stop comparing me to him!" My voice begins to rise.

"I'm not," he says calmly. "I'm not against you, Ember. You don't have to fight me. I'm here to help, to raise you. Let me be the parent. You don't have to have this wall up, you can be yourself around me."

"Be myself?" I say bitterly.
"I try, but you try to change me! I want to be a warrior, and you won't let me! I want to train but 'that's not ladylike!' I don't care about all that. Just let me be me!" I cry out, not stopping the tears.

"Ember," he says softly, pulling my into his chest. He smooths out my hair, as I cry, my tears soaking his cotton shirt.

"Just let me be me," I whisper against his chest, sniffling.

"Let's go home," we pull apart and walk to the car. We climb in and sit in silence, leaving behind all of my tears and emotions.

◼◼◼

I sit at the kitchen island, spooning cereal into my mouth. Today is my first official day of warrior training.

"Oh so did you convince your parents?" That's a heck no, so don't bother asking.

"How are you doing training then?" Just shhhh and let me talk.

I'm doing training in secret. Harley is my private tutor. He said that he used to be a warrior, at his old pack, so he agreed to train me.

By that, I don't mean "train" me, wink, wink. I mean the good old running, tackling and stuff.

I carefully place my bowl and spoon into the sink, grab my duffel bag full of training supplies and rush out the front door. I go around the back, where no one is and run out to me and Harley's spot, next to the river.

I drop my stuff next to a stump and plop down. My ears perk up at sudden sound behind me. I bolt up and shift without hesitation. This is why I brought spare clothes. 

Another sound sounds from the opposite direction I whip around and growl menacingly. A low growl erupts behind me, causing me turn and lunge. I miss completely. Harley jumps onto me, and pins me down.

"You need to be faster. Let's start with this first," he says simply, standing up and shaking himself off.
"I'll run off, and you will stay here a and listen for me. Lots of wolves are good fighters, but lack listening skills."

He explains to me and then runs off into the woods. I sink my claws into the cool soil as I wait and listen.

A twig snaps to my left so I turn there first. A rock splashes into the river behind me, so I whip around. A growl sounds from my left again so I growl back. And then, Harley jumps and pins me down on the right. I yelp loudly.

"But how?" I whine, shoving him off. He smiles and climbs off of me, sitting down across from me.

"Sounds are carried by the wind, right?" He starts. I nod my head.
"Ok and which direction is it coming from?"

"The right?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Correct. My growl was carried over from the right, and landed on the left, so, you heard it on the opposite side." He explains, smiling at me. I smile back up at him.

"Thanks, for helping me, Harley," my ears rest lightly against my head as I stare at the ground sheepishly. His paw lands on mine.

"Of course. Ready to go again?"

◼◼◼

Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating lately. In case you guys didn't know, I do all of my updates on my phone. I'm pretty sure its more common to do it on a computer or laptop. Unfortunately, I don't have either so I'm left with my phone.

I hope you enjoyed this update anyway!

Don't forget to favorite and comment! ❤

Ily! 💞

~Galaxy Potato ❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

693K 21.9K 64
MATE - the person every wolf looks for , seeks , desires . Jace Beckendorf , a powerful warrior, is the Alpha of the silver claw warrior pack. He doe...
24.1K 876 32
After losing his family and pack are killed a rare wolf must be a rogue, years later he meets his mate who's the daughter of a certain alpha king (Se...
41.3K 1.1K 37
It about Ella, she is from Asian that from borneo. Powerful she-wolf than other. Asian have powerful black magic that have no match with other witch...
4.7K 587 21
What would you do if someone tried to kill someone important to you and you were the only person that could stop it? Would you give up everything and...