No Longer Weak

By SilviaStoll

I am Sakura Haruno. I was left by my team mates Naruto and Kakashi and my former best friend Ino, they left m... More

They Left Her - Prologue
You Left Now you're Back - Chapter 1
Blood Blossom - Chapter 2
Sakura!? - Chapter 3
Sakura!? Part 2 - Chapter 4
It Still Hurts
Never Again
The Story of Their Love
The Story
Not so secret Love - Chapter 9
Mission
Mission Part 2
Home
Mind Games
Not Yet
The Begining of the End
This is War
The Final
Epilogue
I got Tagged!

Happily Ever After

12.1K 351 62
By SilviaStoll

Third Person POV: 

It had been a few months since the fight against Akatsuki. It had been a hard time. People needed to be buried, homes had to be build again. Slowly but surely they picked up the pieces and moved on.

This wedding was the first happy ceremony they have had. Sakura watched as Neji danced with Tenten and shared a secret smile with Shikamaru. "What are you thinking about?" he whispered into her ear while reaching for her hand. Grasping his fingers in hers and joining them, she looked at her own engagement ring.

"I'm happy. Happy that everything is finally going right again. Happy that Neji and Tenten can have this moment after all." Her fiancee nodded. "Yeah. It had been a hard time. When I saw her. I thought we had lost her for sure."

"SAKURA!" She was just checking into the sickbay when the panicked scream made her stop. Turning around she saw Neji crashing through the trees. Tenten hanging lifelessly and bloodied in his arms. "Help her!" he demanded.

One look into his eyes was all that she needed. He was about to break down.

"Lay her down. Carefully."

Her green Chakra was pulsing, showing her that Tenten wasn't as lifeless as she looked. Getting to work quickly she pumped chakra into her.

"What happened Neji?"

"I'm not sure. We were on different teams. I found her like this." His voice was cracking at the end. Glancing at him, she saw, that he was even paler than should have been humanly possible. "Sit down Neji. Or else I will have to treat you too."

"Can you save her?" he whispered, staring at his beloved one.

"We will see," she told him. Not sure if Tenten was going to make it. It was looking bad. She had a punctured lung, a splinter in her heart, way too many internal bleeding's to count and just as many fractured bones. To be honest she looked mangled.

Taking a deep breath she delved deep into Tentens body.

* * *

"No bad memories today!" Choji laughed at Shikamaru's startled face. It wasn't often that he could surprise the lazy butt. "Just remembering what good those bad memories gave us," Sakura said and smiled at him.

He nodded and smirked. "Yeah as if we don't know what you got out of that!" Wiggling his eyebrows at her. She laughed and looked to where Naruto talked with Hinata. "Yeah as if Tsunade would have done that herself!"

The blond smirked and pulled out some sake form her desk. "You want one?"

"It's ten in the morning shishou. You shouldn't drink and I will not!"

Rolling her eyes, Tsunade chugged down a cup. "As you are the logical person for the job, since you know all the basics, the paperwork routines and the meetings procedures with the council, you will be the next Hokage. I'm too old for this."

Sakura felt a shiver run down her back. "Me.....?"

"I'll need that drink now." Sakura visibly deflated on her chair. Toasting to the heavens she downed her cup.

Relaxing again Sakura toasted with Tsunade. "I will not give up that chance for anything!"

* * *

Ino slowly walked towards where Sakura, Shikamaru, and Choji were sitting. Slowly the rifts between her and Sakura were mending. Not with the deep trust that once was there, but mending. Thinking back to the first few days back at the hospital with Sakura around, she grimaced.

"Who made this sloppy bandage?" Sakura asked loudly and looked at the medics inside the hospital room. Ino's shoulders dropped when those green eyes bored into hers.

"Yamanaka. Do it again. Right this time. We can't redo everything." Sakura said in clipped tones and turned around, leaving the room and the snickering medics behind.

Ino started redoing the bandaged. The patient was comatose since "Dooms Day" as everyone had dubbed the day Akatsuki attacked. There was hope yet. And because of that Sakura wanted him just as pristine as everyone else.

It had taken weeks until Sakura had finally nodded at her and told her "Good work." But those weeks were worth it. "Hey, guys!"

"Ino!" Everyone greeted back. Sakura smiled at her when she leaned down to hug Choji from behind. "You wanna dance?" she whispered. Shy and sensible Choji nodded and pulled her towards where Neji and Tenten were dancing.

* * *

Naruto slowly made his way towards Sakura with Sasuke following behind. As he had known months ago that everything would be better, it seemed to finally happen. Since working under Sakura, she loosened up a bit and finally, a few weeks ago they had their first ramen together.

"Sakura-chan, please! One ramen! You have to eat!" The blonde begged her and followed her on his knees. "I will pay for you!"

Finally, she stopped in her tracks and turned around to him. Frowning at him, she looked into his hopeful eyes.

"Yeah ok, but you are going to pay!"

The blonde jumped up, held back on hugging her and just showed her a thumbs up. "I promise!"

When the walked into Ichiraku, Sasuke was already waiting for them. Sakura stopped for a second, and Naruto thought she would turn around again and walk away. But she nodded at the other man "Uchiha" and settled down. Leaving one chair open for Naruto.

Finally, he thought. They were making progress.

"Naruto, Sasuke", she nodded at them. He smiled and pointed at Sasuke. "Teme finally found a girl!"

"Shut up Dobe!"

Sakura scrutinized the black haired man. "How old?"

"Two years younger."

"Occupation?"

"She works in a kinder garden. She is a normal civilian."

"Fanclub?"

"No."

She nodded and smiled for a bit. "Those meetings with the therapist finally showed that you are normal. She sounds nice." He shot daggers at her and dragged Naruto away, who was laughing his head off.

* * *

"Kakashi is looking this way again." Sakura sighed and smiled at her old teacher. Standing up she kissed Shikamaru and walked towards the Copy-nin. "Since when are you that shy?" she asked bluntly when she reached him. "Didn't want to break up you two lovebirds. You could have been making plans for your own wedding. "

She smirked at him. "And you didn't jump over tables to stop it. You're finally learned your lesson."

He just nodded and took her hand in his, leading her towards the dance floor. It had been a hard talk between them. Bitterly and accusingly on both sides. But they made up. She finally could make peace with herself and her old team.

"You left me first!" Sakura shouted accusingly and pointed her finger at Kakashi. "It was to protect you! We were in so many fights!"

"I can defend myself! I always could! You just never recognized it!"

"Of course I did," he said softly and watched her falter for a moment. "But you never said anything! I was always left out. You trained everybody but me! We learned to walk trees and on water! I did that before those two! But you never followed up with anything! You have never thought me even one jutsu!" She said bitterly.

Kakashi swallowed heavily. Finally, she was getting through to him. He had always wanted to protect her like he should have protected Rin. But she had felt abandoned. And then they had left. To fulfill a promise Naruto had made her. A promise that had held no meaning to her anymore. He understood how deep that had cut. They had taken Ino with them, where she was the better one.

"I'm sorry Sakura. I had seen your potential, but I also thought you could do best by yourself. The other two needed guidance and..."

"I needed that too! As if I would know how to start being a Ninja with twelve years!"

"I understand, now."

Her lip quivered for one second, then she molded her face into a passive expression. "A bit too late. You have left before and I looked for a new Sensei. I found Shishou. When you left again, I went and looked for new teachers. I found many and I succeeded all of them. You come back and accuse ME of betraying you. And you know what had hurt the most? What cut the deepest? My father never understood what I was doing. So I looked for somebody else to be part of that role. Somebody I wanted to make proud." She laughed bitterly. "I wanted you to be proud of me. But you never were. You left me, and I had thought I was done with you. But nothing cut deeper than you accusing me of betraying you when I had shown you how talented I had become. I just wanted a few words of appraisal. Nothing more." She swallowed heavily. And he hung his head in shame. He had no idea. "And I was still waiting for you to be proud. I was a grown up, thought to have left that part behind. But here it was and it felt like it was eating me alive...." She trailed off and looked at her fingertips.

"I.." He cleared his throat. "I have always been proud of you. I was mesmerized when you charged our reserves with your natural chakra extraction. I was so pleased that you were the first one to balance on a tree or water. But words were never my strong point."

"I will always be proud of you" he murmured and touched her hand. She grabbed his hand and held on tightly.

* * *

Shikamaru watched Sakura and Kakashi dancing, before walking over and sitting down beside Tsunade. "Hokage-sama" he greeted.

She glanced at him from the corner of her eye. Turning around she watched Sakura again. "She finally found her peace" Tsunade murmured. He nodded and looked at his fiancee. "I was worried when everyone cheered on Naruto for defeating Akatsuki" he answered just as quietly. "She stood back. For Naruto. Making way for his dream. But she did it willingly. And that's the difference."

Tsunade nipped at her sake and nodded. "It was her starting point to get better. Leaving all the demons of her past and her power behind, was the first step to utter satisfaction with herself." Suddenly smirking, Shikamaru narrowed his eyes at her. "You were the second and most important step to satisfaction." Groaning at her blatant sexual indue, he rolled his eyes.

"You're drunk again Hokage-sama. Otherwise, you would have been funnier" he countered and received an evil eye.

"You two aren't fighting, right? I don't want to ruin this Celebration because I have to bring Shishou home!" Spluttering into her cup Tsunade slanted the evil eye towards her apprentice. "You know better! My Anbus bring me home!" she cackled.

Shikamaru pulled Sakura down into his lap. "Just thanking the gods for making you happy."

She blushed and hugged him fiercely. "You are all that I need to be happy."

Raising her hand towards her lips he kissed just beside his ring on her finger. "You won't be getting rid of me anytime soon."

"You promise?" she asked cheekily and leaned her forehead against his. "Forever" he answered.

~ The End ~

~SilviaStoll~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 599 20
Kabuto foresaw the Izanami. He knew this would happen. But he did not like to lose. That is why, he had a backup. A plan to destroy everything. Now...
34.6K 1.2K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...
150K 4.5K 14
This story is about Sakura Haruno and her team as she grew up around the age of twelve. Always being ignored and seeing as weak, Sakura leaves Konoha...
353K 11.1K 36
{Sakura Haruno Fanfiction} A name most people know as just another member of Team 7. However, there is more than what meets the eye. Not many know of...