Luna and the Moon [H.S]

By ingeniousstyles

He couldn't stop himself from staring at the two most beautiful things in front of him... Luna and the moon b... More

REWRITTEN
Epigraph
prologue + characters *
1: luna *
2: harry *
3: fruity talk
4: funerals + late texts
5: bad house party
6: explanation?
7: irrational decisions.
8: strangers > friends.
9: packers.
10: jackass boss
11: goodnight moon
12: drunken mess.
13: foible.
14: under the covers.
15: pillow... talk.
16: the night before.
17: meet the family.
18: trashed.
19: exes and ohs.
20: Christmas Morning.
21: "Quit flirting with my girlfriend"
22: red wine.
23: moonlight.
24: heartbroken.
25: missing piece.
26: busy.
27: wandering hands and outbursts.
28: missing.
29: scream.
30: faithfully yours.
31: letter.
32: birthday banana muffins.
33: tired.
34: trolley.
35: overwhelming.
36: first day.
37: this isn't a date.
38: waiting.
39: thinking.
40: supermarket flowers.
41. fix a heart.
42: cake.
44: tell me.
45: naked.
46: two most beautiful things...
47: blast from the past.
48: daddy's backstory.
49: forgiveness.
50: why.
51: key.
52: surprise?
53: bathroom floor.
54: change.
55: rainy day.
56: roller disco.
SORRY
57: 14.
58: snuggle.
59: moving vans.
60: mother-in-law.
61: white dresses.
62: livid.
63: come back home.
64: battlefield.
65: talk to me.
Long time no see..
66: nineteen.
67: one week until paris.
68: six days until paris.
69: five days until paris.
70: four days until paris.
71: three days until paris.
72: two days until paris.
73: tomorrow...
74: paris.
75: paris, part 2
76: SPEECHLESS.
EPILOGUE #1 | Baby's First Christmas

43: photo.

1.1K 40 44
By ingeniousstyles

UNEDITED !!!! (Will edit later)

Toby had left the cafe and I spent the remaining twenty minutes of my shift lost in my thoughts. The cafe was supposed to shut early today as Lynn said she had an appointment at the doctors, but with a cancelled appointment she decided to keep the cafe open. Which meant I had to continue working. I didn't mind, I just wanted to sleep to be quite honest.

The sky had gotten a little gloomier as the sun began to lower, ready to hide behind the horizon and the tall buildings that made the London skyline. The sky was painted beautiful shades of amber and swirls of dusty pink, streaks of red mingled in the shades and created one of the most beautiful sunsets I could ever witness. The sky was clear, no clouds remained, which meant the night sky would be as clear as the day. The stars would twinkle and be brighter than ever, and the moon would light up the darkened and dimly lit streets.

Lynn was talking to a young woman who was probably in her early thirties, the discussion consisted of the pretty sunset and the banana muffins that Lynn had baked. The banana muffins seemed to be a customer favourite in here, and personally a favourite of mine too.

My fingers played with a loose thread on one of the tea-towels hanging against the counter top, an outline of Queen Elizabeth sewn into the fabric. Lynn goes on and on about how she once met the Queen. It was one of those street things I think, where the Queen comes out to say hello and it's raising money for something. I'm not sure, I'm not sure Queen Elizabeth does many of them at her age anymore, but it was a big deal back in the day. So Lynn says. Lynn got a photo on her Polaroid when they met, it's hanging in the cafe actually.

I let my eyes focus on the bustling streets outside the large windows of the cafe, so many businessmen and women, children and elderly walking home or to catch taxis. A young girl, maybe slightly older than me, with blonde hair came striding in.

Her long legs on show as she wore blue denim dungarees with a basic white t-shirt underneath. She was wheeling along a black suitcase behind her.

"Hi there, what can I get you?" I asked, tugging on my rubber gloves.

"A banana muffin, slice of gingerbread and two teas please," she said, briefly explaining how she wants the teas done. She sat herself on one of the tables by the window, the same table Toby and I were sat at not too long ago.

I placed the cakes on the tray and turned my back to the front of the cafe as I made the teas. The bell of the door ring out but I didn't look at who came through the door. I placed the two cups of tea on the tray and headed towards the table, another person had joined the blonde traveller. A man with dark hair hidden slightly by a blue beanie, he was staring down at something on the other side of his bag that was sat on the table in front of him.

"Here's your order, if you need anything else give me a shout," I smiled to the blonde. As I began removing things from the tray the man snapped his gaze to look at me. And like all the wind was knocked out of my lungs I saw him. "Harry?"

He shoved whatever he was looking at in his bag and pushed it off the edge of the table, hiding something from me.

"Do you know each other?" The blonde asked before giggling slightly. "You probably do, considering Harry comes here so much."

"Well actually, I haven't seen Harry very much the last two months if I'm honest. So I wouldn't say he comes here often," I shot back, harshly putting her fork down.

"This is Luna," Harry said quickly. The blonde practically choked on her tea that she had sipped, her blue crystal eyes like saucers as she looked hesitantly between Harry and I. "Um, Luna, this is Kate."

I tightened my grip on the edge of the tray, quickly placing the two spoons in front of them before excusing myself. My throat tight, eyes stinging and threatening to pour my feelings for the world to see. He was on a date with his ex? Is that what this is? Did I just serve my not-so-officially-broken-up-with-boyfriend his food for him and his date? Just my luck huh.

Lynn saw the whole thing, she watched me practically scurry away like a sad puppy dog being told off. She saw me chuck the tray towards her as I darted through to the back room. I felt humiliated, I don't exactly know why but I do. Not to mention Kate is even prettier in person.

"Sweetie you okay?" Lynn breathed, coming close to me. I crashed into her open arms, tears falling down my slightly pink cheeks and broken sobs finally escaping my lips. Just so you know, in all of the two months I did see Harry I never cried. I simply got close to tears and retaliated, I did not want to cry I wanted to seem strong, I wanted think reasonably about Harry and I. Almost like seeing him yesterday, forgetting my mother's birthday, speaking to Toby and meeting Kate who is on a date with Harry today has utterly shattered my heart. The heart that was already hurting, you know what they say, you can't love someone or something with a bruised and hurting heart. "Oh my darling, what happened?" She asked weakly, hands stroking my back.

"That was Kate!" I said loudly. "The ex Harry kissed when he went back home, the ex Harry left me for just after I moved in with him —"

"There has to be a reasonably good excuse as to why she is here, with him!" Lynn stated. The thing with Lynn is, I know her loyalty stands with Harry more than it does with me, she has known Harry longer than she has known me. It would be rather strange if Lynn took my side rather than Harry's.

"I just want to go home, please Lynn," I wept, swiping away the tears that had fallen down my cheeks and gathered under my eyes.

Lynn sighed, "if you want too, you can go."

Without needing to be told twice I fled, I looked at Harry once and his eyes never failed to leave mine as he watched me race out the cafe and down the street. I half expected him to go fleeing after me, but unfortunately nobody called my name and came running behind me. Nobody.

I should've known. When my parents died, that's when I was finally alone, that's when nobody truly cared about me.

__

I sat at the bench outside the park, eyes scanning my surroundings and staring up at the darkened sky. I think I'd been here for two hours, maybe it was three I kind of lost track.

The wind howled and whipped past me, my hair now out the bun and whipping around my head as the wind messed it up. The street lamps lit up as soon as the sun went down and the stars popped out. The stars twinkled like tiny little gems stuck to the dark sky, and the moon looked like a giant glowing ball that peeped in and out of the thick dull coloured clouds.

As the moon ducked underneath the soft fluffy clouds once more my phone lit up, practically illuminating the entire space around me. I took a quick glance down, my eyes widening slightly as I saw the name flash upon the screen.

Harry.

I quickly grabbed my phone and my thumbs fumbled to slide the green circle to answer the call. "Hello?" I breathed.

"Luna? I need you," he said so quietly followed by a sniffle.

"I'm on my way," I decided. Shutting off the call and getting to my feet. It didn't take me two seconds to come crawling on my knees at his request, I knew I wasn't over him.

__

I knocked harshly on the door, tapping my foot impatiently as I waited for him to answer his door. The second I blinked the door swung open, Harry's bloodshot eyes were the first thing I saw and my heart crushing was the first emotion I felt.

"Harry? What's going on?"

His hand wrapped around my wrist, all of his strength pulling at me taking me inside his apartment. He didn't hug me or cry, he just dropped my wrist and sulked further into the apartment. I shut the door behind me and followed behind him at a reasonably distance, my fingers fumbling together as I picked at the skin around my nails nervously.

"Harry? Why did you call me? What's wrong?" I sighed. He slumped down onto his sofa, his long body practically sank into the soft material as he looked up at me with sad eyes. His pink lips seemed linked than ever, the greens of his eyes were brighter and shinier that I had ever seen before due to the redness of his whites.

"I —" he couldn't even continue whatever sentence he wanted to say. He shuffled forward slightly to take something out of his back pocket before holding it up for me to take. I willingly took the flimsy, shiny photo from his hand and let my eyes cast down to examine it.

I gulped harshly as I looked at it. It was all black and white, a blurry image in the shape of a baby filled the page. It was a baby scan photo. Suddenly I remember Harry telling me about how Kate was pregnant with his baby but lost it, just before he walked out on me and we never spoke since.

"Harry," I breathed. "Is this... Your baby?"

"Yes," he whispered. It was so quiet I almost missed the comment. I felt for him, I really did. But what could I do for him, I haven't experienced something like this before I don't know how to fix it or him. His heart has far too many pieces missing, I can't go searching for spare parts anymore, for goodness sake, I haven't even finished fixing my own.

"Did Kate let you just have this?"

"She had two," he nodded slowly, taking the picture back from me. "Luna... That's my baby, my child."

His words were so lost, so broken. His voice was shaky and his eyes were watering and burning with salty tears. "How is all of this making you feel?"

"Sad," he said lowly. "I lost my baby that I didn't even know I had, my ex was killing her self and I didn't know, and I lost the best thing that ever happened to me; you."

My heart pounded in my chest and the tears formed in my eyes, I felt my chest concave as his words felt like knifes slicing away at my battered and bruised heart.

"I told you before, you couldn't have known about Kate," I began. "As for the baby, my mother used to always say if something is supposed to be it'll happen. Obviously it wasn't Kate or your time to be parents," I shrugged. I sat myself beside him, both my hands on his thigh as he turned his face away from me. "Harry, baby, look at me?"

He turned his head, his eyes watering more than before. "What Luna? You going to tell me it's my own fault that I lost you? I know it is! I cheated on you because I was weak, vulnerable and stupid! I love you, and I fucked it all up because I am a stupid man! I had something so good and I threw it away, I left you all the time, you were miserable with me and always alone. I was the worst boyfriend, and I will always hate myself for being like that to you because you deserved so much better. You deserve someone who'll love you always, never make you cry or leave you lonely... Someone who will never break your heart. But that someone isn't me, clearly."

His speech was everything I expected, our relationship was over and he marked it all off with a thick red line. I wanted him back but he was long gone.

"Is this it then?" I asked quietly, too afraid for the truth.

"It has to be," he frowned sadly.

"Tell me you want me to stay and I will," I begged. "Tell me."

_________________________

A/N: I had to leave you on a cliff hanger ahahahah couldn't help myself.

I saw Harry on Thursday night. It was the best night of my entire life!! Cried so much. He was absolutely amazing, if you are going to see him I hope you all have an amazing time, if you've seen him I hope it was insanely incredible and if you haven't got tickets TRY!!! It's totally worth it! Xx

Vote and comment xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

860K 45.6K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
653K 20.8K 41
แ€แ€›แ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€„แ€บ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฝแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€›แ€–แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€…แ€ฌแ€ธแ€™แ€ญแ€›แ€ฏแ€ถ แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซ. แ€œแ€ญแ€™แ€บแ€Šแ€ฌแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€šแ€ฐแ€™แ€ญแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€ฝแ€€แ€บ... ...แ€™ แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€™แ€™แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ซแ€”แ€ฒแ€ท....
182K 4.1K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
256K 11.5K 35
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...