You Fall, I Fall

By florencemaude

KOTLC AU Highest Ranks: #1 in Sophie Foster, #1 in Fitz Vacker, #1 in keeperofthelostcities Things are finall... More

part one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
VOTE
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
question
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
ANNOUNCEMENT
twenty two
part two
one
two
three
Dex's notebook: plans for the necklace
you fall, i fall sketch, page one
four
five
six
Biana's Earrings (Ideas & Final Product)
seven
eight
What's Your KOTLC Zodiac?
nine
Girl's Day Out (Shopping) Dresses
ten
eleven
twelve
NEXT KOTLC FANFIC PROMO
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
diana advice
last announcement
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty six (part two)
twenty six (part three)
part three
one
two
three
four
Okay... Please Read
five
six
CHAPTER QUANTITY UPDATE
seven
eight
nine
ten
Public Service Announcement
eleven
eleven (pt.2)
twelve
thirteen (pt.1)
thirteen (pt.2)
thirteen (pt.3)
NEW FANFIC... COLLAB!
fifteen
sixteen
New cover!
epilogue
A Final Thought...
THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

fourteen

4.3K 74 231
By florencemaude

=To say the least, Dex was frazzled. Today, he and Biana were going on their first date without the Neverseen interrupting, and he wanted everything to be perfect... Well, at least, semi- decent, because when one lived with triplets, one never got a perfect moment. First, the shirt he had originally planned to wear got covered in apple juice by Bex, then he had to chase Rex around the house for his pathfinder, then Lex wouldn't stop asking him questions like, "Where's mom?", "Is dad at the shop?", and "When are you leaving for your date?" That last one left a particularly bitter taste in his mouth, as he just wanted to leave before getting trapped in another whirlwind of trouble.

When he could finally escape and was standing outside the glittering gates of the palace known as Everglen, waiting for Biana to come out to meet him. He looked down at himself as a last check for any evidence of the chaos of home, when he found a dried apple juice stain on the side of his jeans, right over his waist band and the side of his pocket, backsplash from when Bex's drink had spilled on him. Great.

Hastily, he untucked his shirt and tied his jacket around his waist just as Biana started walking down the path. She was beautiful, but his heart sunk a little when he saw her. He was a little underdressed. Dex was wearing his faded red shirt untucked, and had a stiff, awkward jade colored brocade jacket tied around his waist, covering his apple juice-tarnished pants. His vest was longer, so that it just covered the top of his pants, but not enough to cover the stain, and a was made of a sandy corduroy material. It had no collar, and he left it open, the worn brass buttons that were dull in the light. He had left a wrenches tucked into his pocket, and he was pretty sure there were a handful worth of screws/nuts/bolts on him in his pant, jacket, shirt, and/or vest pockets; everything was from gnome knows when...

Biana, on the other hand, was wearing a teal dress that was fitted in the bust with a curved v-neck. The skirt swung merrily as she walked, and her baby pink heels clicked against the stone as she walked. From a distance, you could only see the glints of light shining off the short thin necklace around her neck that was a gold chain with little circular diamonds every few links. In the front center of the necklace, there was an extra diamond encrusted chain dangling down for a tear drop shaped diamond to rest over her upper ribs, only an inch or two away from the neck of the dress. She wore the butterfly earrings from the triplets, and the pale pink clutch she carried not only matched the color of the shoes, but had a gold argyle line design all over it, so it went with the earrings too. Her hair was down and her french tipped nails went nicely with the whole ensemble, he realized, as she combed some of her hair back behind her ear. Neutral eyeshadow and mascaraed eyelashes framed her teal eyes; the same eyes that fell on him with a smile, making him feel self conscious as this beautiful girl looked her slobbishly dressed boyfriend up and down, her pale pink painted lips in a pleasant smile.

Before she could comment on his outfit, he smiled, "You look beautiful."

"You don't look too bad yourself," she replied with a dazzling smile that might as well be considered blinding.

He laughed a little, "The wrench begs to differ."

"No, it's very you," Biana corrected, looping her arm through his, "I like it."

Dex felt a blush creep up his neck, and quickly changed the subject, "Are you ready to go?" His girlfriend - girlfriend - nodded, and together, they light leaped to Vesta Vita's, the place where they usually went with their friends.

Once in Mysterium, Biana laced her fingers through his, and he sported a deep blush the entire time she lead him through the tides of hungry elves all wanting to eat dinner. It was all a blur for Dex, the street signs and buildings, who they were passing by, because he was so focused on his girlfriend. When they arrived at Vesta Vita's, they saw that the line was out the door. Biana didn't seem bothered by this, and Dex didn't want to question her, so he followed her lead, even though he'd rather eat somewhere with a lesser wait time. That was what he was supposed to do during dates, right?

---

+Biana internally groaned at the length of the line, but knew that Dex wanted to eat here, so she would just have to suffer through it. Besides, it would make for a picturesque first date. They waited awkwardly together, and didn't move up in line for ten minutes. It was liberating; the feeling of taking a step forward instead of slowly becoming gorgonized by the brutal... only to stand still for another ten minutes. Impatiently, Biana tapped her foot, arms crossed, and looked around for an excuse to leave.

As soon as Dex's stomach growled, she grabbed his hand and started running, whispering under her breath, "Thank gnome."

"Where are we going?" Her date asked nervously, "Why're we leaving so suddenly?"

"You're hungry and I'm impatient," she explained, throwing a smile over her shoulder. "Besides, we can eat at Vesta Vita's whenever."

"Okay, where are we going then?" That was an excellent question, haha... every restaurant had a huge line, and Biana was not having it.

On a split decision she lead her boyfriend into a grocery store. She grabbed a wedge of Jarlsberg cheese, some fruit, and a loaf of fresh bread. Dex tried to carry stuff for her but she was on a mission. He really only caught up with her when she finished checking out. She then lead him outside, and pulled out her pathfinder. "Tranbitree Park, Mysterium," Biana said with a smile, grabbing his arm.

They arrived at the park, which was abandoned and quiet, the only light coming from the few street lamps or the glow worms. It was peaceful, and as she lead him over to the swings, she looked over at him to see a confused, yet pleased smile on his face. It was cute, and gave her butterflies. They sat down together, side by side, the bag of groceries between them. Quietly, they grabbed the stuff out, and started eating.

"This sure beats waiting in line at Vesta Vita's," she commented after a few minutes as she munched on a Galapapear.

"This might even beat Vesta Vita's."

Biana blushed, "Really? But you love Vesta Vita's."

"It's quiet here, it's pretty, we're not waiting, it's just us..." Dex's voice trailed off as he seemed to get lost in her eyes, both of their faces a deep red, "it's special. This is such a good idea!"

"Except for the ants," she replied, looking solemnly at the grocery bag, which still had an argilo fruit and the cheese.

"Ants?"

She pointed, and he gasped, "What? I didn't think ants could smell cheese- the fruit, maybe, but it's still wrapped!" He sighed and used his foot to pick up the bag by the handle and set it away from them, "That's disappointing."

"Yeah," she sighed.

"Hey, it's okay, we've had fruit, we saved the bread, sounds like a top notch meal to me!"

She couldn't help but laugh because he was so cute. How did she end up dating such a dork?

They finished in an awkward silence, and when they did, Biana realized that she hadn't grabbed any water. She smacked her head with a sigh, "I didn't grab water."

After a moment, Dex pointed a small metal box by a street lamp, "That's okay, water fountains are a staple in the classic Dizznee experience anyways." He stood up, grabbed the ant-filled bag, and offered her his hand.

With a pink cheeked smile, she accepted it, and stood up, following him to the trash can, and then to the water fountain. With a grand gesture, he let her go first, though it didn't go without giggles. She bent down to take a sip, but when she pressed the button, water sprayed out and soaked her dress. She stepped back, blinking rapidly and gasping slightly, Dex's hand at her elbow, looking at her with a horrified expression.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know-" he started, but she cut him off with a laugh, leaving him wide eyed and surprised.

"It's okay, it happens!"

"But your dress-"

"It's just water," she assured him before she shivered.

Immediately, he took off his jacket and wrapped it around her snugly, "It's also not quite warm enough to walk around covered in soaking cold water."

Biana gazed into his eyes as he fastened the stiff leather jacket around her, a small smile gracing her lips. When he started to move away, she put her hand over his, and felt as his eyes moved up to hers. They stood there for a moment, frozen in a little bubble all to themselves. It popped when their faces started to turn for a kiss and they realized what was going on. Embarrassed, the couple pulled back and awkwardly looked away. She was definitely disappointed.

They then decided to go for a walk in the "woods". In reality, it was more like a few giant trees dotting along a path. His arm was around her, and she joked about the stain of apple juice Bex had left on his pants, with Dex retaliating by saying she didn't know how to use a water fountain. At one point, she tripped, and he caught her, though they both fell to their knees in the mud. Instead of getting upset at the situation or one another, they laughed it off, and helped one another up, continuing on their way with a little stumble.

A few minutes later, Dex gasped, and lead her over to a tree a little ways off the path. He stopped at the base and smiled up at it, then at her, "I use to climb this tree all the time as a kid, so did the triplets. We each had our 'own' tree." He began to point out which ones were who's, "That one was Bex's, that one Rex's, and that one was Lex's."

"That's so cute!"

"Yeah..." he said wistfully, still looking up the trunk.

She knew what she had to do. She moved out of his embrace and started to climb the tree even though she had heels on. When she was halfway up to the nearest branch, she looked back down at him and asked, "You coming?"

With his eyes sparkling, he followed her up, even though when her foot slipped, to her mortification, she accidentally kicked his face a little. He laughed it off and promised her that it was payback for him soaking her dress. Dex waited for her to scooch across the branch before joining her, sitting so close to her that their shoulders and hands touched as they held themselves to the tree.

Biana giggled because of the excitement, but soon, again, they were locked in one another's gaze. Her breathing slowed and she started to lean in, barely noticing that he was doing the same until the gap that had stretched between them closed, and they were kissing. There were no fireworks or anything like that, but there didn't need to be. It was just simply...

Dex and Biana sitting in a tree, K- I- S- S- I- N- G.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 27 24
When Sophie Foster is Lost and Alone, In a place with no way out, a place where she has no friends or allies, can she escape? who will find her first...
6K 63 30
Sophie has always liked Fitz. But does she really? 7 years after the Neverseen is defeated, Sophie finds herself alone. Fitz hadn't wanted to deal wi...
26.4K 313 59
Sophie Foster lives in the tiny town of Gloria, in the kingdom of Everglen. One day, as she works in her mother's bakery, she meets the Prince, Fitz...
7.1K 204 33
Fitz Vacker is the CEO of a big company. Sophie and Fitz had a small interaction years ago and ended up meeting up again. Fitz fell in love with Soph...