The Rose and the Dagger

By Allison_Cam

A young woman wakes up in a hospital, in a city of Maine, Storybrooke. She is amnesic. She is going to get ac... More

Chapter 1: Desperate Souls
Chapter 2: The Dagger
Chapter 3: Broken heart
Chapter 4: It's a deal
Chapter 5: Lair of the Beast
Chapter 6: The chipped cup
Chapter 7: The library
Chapter 8: The Rose
Chapter 9: For the Love of Beauty
Chapter 10: The last rose petal
Chapter 11: The reflection in the mirror
Chapter 12: The Book
Chapter 14: The Dark Curse
Chapter 15: Memories
Chapter 16: The Price
Chapter 17: Come back to me
Chapter 18: The Arsonist
Chapter 19: Reconciliation
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 13: For better or worse

100 5 5
By Allison_Cam

The Dark Castle,

Belle was sitting in her sofa in the library, a book in hand. This morning Rumple had left so early, she didn't have a chance to say goodbye or ask where he was going. As soon as she heard the door open and slam shut, she rushed to the ground floor to welcome her beloved home.

-Rumple! She exclaimed with a big smile.

-My Sweetheart! He exclaimed in turn.

-Where have you been?

-I was in town visiting the market, but I found nothing interesting while I was there.

-Why don't you sit down, I have prepared a wonderful meal for us! Said Belle.

They both settled at the table and shared the delicious meal that Belle had made. But she noticed that Rumple was not himself. She knew he was holding back, hiding something. She tried to ask more questions about his visit to the market this morning.

-So did you buy anything from the Market today?

-Oh, nothing special... just went to see if there was any interesting business there.

-You promised Rumple, that you would not make anymore deals, she said in a worried tone.

-I have promised you, and I have kept my promise to you Sweetheart, he replied in a reassuring tone, while putting his hand on hers.

-But it is true; I have not told you the whole truth about this morning.

Belle withdrew her hand hesitantly, fearing what Rumple would say. He then rose from his chair and approached Belle.

-I did in fact find something at the market. Something very beautiful, but not as valuable as the woman I love. He knelt down on bended knee, and took from his pocket a small golden box. He opened it, extending is shaking arms out to Belle.

-Could a woman as beautiful as you, marry someone as miserable as me?

Belle looked at him, her eyes filling with tears

-Oh Rumple! You're not a miserable man! You're....you're my true love, and you are in every way perfect to me

-Will you marry me, Belle? His soft brown eyes filled with hope.

-How Moving! Threw an unknown voice

Rumple and Belle, startled, suddenly threw their gaze to this person. Rumple straightened

-What are you doing here Regina? He asked.

-Well I heard rumors the Dark One had lost his powers. So I had to see for myself if these rumors were true, and by the looks of you, they are! She said with a smirk.

-Go away Regina, you are not welcome here! He glared at her.

- What a pity, I thought you would have invited me to your little celebration Rumple, I thought you had better manners then this.

- I told you to go away! He growled with a look of warning, as he slowly approached her.

-Or what? Are you going to hit me with that stick that serves as your cane! She said, chuckling, her tone becoming threatening. Belle moved forward, as Rumple then immediately put is arm out to hold her back, protecting her, letting her know to not approach Regina.

-So seems the Beauty has fallen in love with the Beast, what a strange little creature she is, but there is one thing you have forgotten Rumple, love is weakness, and without your powers, you are nothing!

With a burst of magic, she threw Rumple against the wall, as he fell to the ground, Belle cried out for Rumple, as she rushed to his side.

-Why do you want to hurt him! She said sobbing.

-Revenge my dear. A long time ago, your dear soon to be husband took everything from me, he killed the man I loved, so I would become dark. And he must pay for that! Rumple then understood all the hate she had against him.

-Regina, I did not know.. he said

-It does not matter anymore, what is done is done! But killing you would be to kind, but I will do to you exactly what you did to me, I will take the person you love the most, as she approached Belle

-No! no! no!

-Please, do not hurt her, she had nothing to do with this! Cried Rumple.

Regina then quickly grabbed Belles arm, pulling her violently to her, and then they disappeared in a cloud of red smoke.

Rumple rose with difficulty, heading towards where they had disappeared.

-No, Belle! He screamed out, as he fell to his knees, screaming out the name of his beloved.

***

*Stroybrooke, psychiatric hospital,

-RUMPLE! Cried out Belle, waking up suddenly, sitting in her bed. She was sweating; she just had a horrible nightmare. She turned on her bedside light, realizing she was still in the bedroom of the psychiatric hospital. As she tried to catch her breath, she was trying to remember her dream. She had dreamed of Mr. Gold, but in a castle. And a terrible thing had happened. But this dream was different; it was more of a memory than a dream. She thought to herself how could she have memories of Mr. Gold? Surely if he would have known her before, he would have told her. Belle's thoughts went back to the improbable story Baelfire had told her, and the more she thought about it, the more she was starting to believe it.

Belle was brought into the dinning room to have breakfast. She sat down at the same table with Baelfire.

-So this memory you had, do you believe it is yours? He asked.

-Not really.

-But you cried out the name of my father, didn't you.

-Yes, I did, but it was just a dream, probably because of all the stories you have been telling me! She said.

-They are not stories, and you know it!

Belle did not respond, she continued to eat her breakfast, after a few minutes looking up at Baelfire she continued the conversation.

-If I am really in your story, and your father, wouldn't he live in Storybrooke? Belle asked.

-Certainly, yes.

-Then why have you not sought him out? He could get you out of here!

-Because my father does not remember me, otherwise he would have already found me. And as I told you yesterday, Balefire's eyes looked down, I have not forgiven him.

-I understand, said Belle with a sad look in her eyes. "Could you describe him physically? Maybe I have crossed paths with him here in Storybrooke".

-Why do you want to know that? I warn you, please if you ever get out of here, do not tell him about me, I do not want to see him!

- I understand Baelfire, you can trust me.

-Before he became the Dark One he limped. So I gather, since there is no magic here, he would be walking with a cane possibly.

-Yes of course, said Belle with a knowing smile.

-Have you met him already?

-Hmm why do you care, I thought you wanted nothing more to do with your father?

Baelfire did not answer to that.

- I may not remember Baelfire, but I do believe you. I believe everything you have told me. Belle said.

The look on Baelfire's face brightened. Belle knew it might seem foolish, but after all she had been told, the coincidences were just too many. But Belle did believe this young teenager.

-So if you want me to try to put an end to this curse, you must find a way to get me out of here. Belle said.

-I think I may have an idea, Baelfire said, leaning over to whisper in her ear.

Storybrooke, cemetery,

The night was dark as Regina crossed the cemetery to the Vault. She pushed the door open, which held her dead fiancé and crept inside. As she passed the coffin, she could not help but to think back to her beloved. Preferring to not linger, as her hand touched the coffin, she went downstairs to join he mother.

Her mother was sitting at a table preparing several different mixtures, all with different colors.

-How's it going? Asked Regina

-Still working on it. Replied Cora Coldly

-When do you think it will be ready?

- A little patience my dear. Rome was not build in one night.

-Indeed, but Storybrook was! I need magic to this town as soon as possible. Gold is beginning to suspect something, and as mayor, my powers are limited.

-Has he recovered his memories? Asked Cora.

-No, but I am afraid it will happen all to soon, before we can put our plan into action.

-And have you found the dagger yet? Asked Cora

-No, but I am afraid what will happen if I don't!

-I will bring Magic to this land, and we will have the dagger in our hands!

***

Castle of the Evil Queen,

Belle could hardly wake up, as she came to her senses, remembering that Regina had taken her out of the dark castle. As she took in her surroundings, she was in a kind of prison that was dingy and shabby. She approached the bars, and as she went to put her hands on them, a glowing protective field appeared, throwing Belle back a bit. She was trapped, unable to get out of here! She thought of Rumple, and she started to cry hard, crying out every tear she had, her body trembling, as the realization hit she was never going to get out here. Or see her beloved again. She slowly got up, and looked through a tiny window; she could barely get a glimpse of the sky and stars. She then sat on the small bench, that was to be her bed, and looked up at the few stars she could see, praying for someone to help her. Sobbing she buried her head in her arms, desperate.

Far away in the sky, a blue glow was coming near...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 442 12
Elle is a girl who constantly has a feeling that she doesn't belong. She, along with her friend Simon head out onto the road with nowhere in mind, h...
151K 4K 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴ...
1.2K 136 9
❝ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴀʀᴇ ᴡʜʏ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʏ?❞ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ɪɴǫᴜɪʀᴇᴅ, ᴀᴅᴊᴜsᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ɢʟᴀssᴇs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴏɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪᴅɢᴇ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ɴᴏsᴇ ᴀs sʜᴇ ᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴊᴏᴜ...
79.5K 1.7K 26
Being the daughter of the dark one was always going to be a struggle. But this? This is just pure madness. It's even harder when you don't remember y...