Scarred

By LetsBreatheWords_

#16 in Spiritual (12/3/17) Her heart was silently twisted and scarred, Her tongue was tied and lips were seal... More

Distorted Dreams
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28- Part I
Chapter 28 Part II
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 35
PART II
Chapter 37

Chapter 30

2.4K 176 62
By LetsBreatheWords_

Guys it's not actually edited so if you find any mistake please point that out!

~~~~~

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever."

-Winnie the Pooh.

Her nose was burning and there were tears gathered on the brim of her eyes, yet she took a deep breath as placed another morsel of pani puri in her mouth. Mohib and Daniyah on the other hand were unaffected by her ‘competitive side’ whereas their class of 75 students were busy boosting her inflaming ego.

Numbness and darkness, the two feelings she was scared of were consuming her yet she didn't want to come out of it. Whispers were reaching her ears yet she wanted to ignore them.

Her notes clutched between her fingers the girl with a petite figure was pacing in the corridor, the side effects of exams were clear on her face, the bag around her eyes and her once tamed hair an unruly mess.

‘Can you stop giving me panic attacks! I still have last chapter to complete.’ Her best friend groaned while flipping through the pages.

‘Panic attacks? Do you even know  what they are!’ the girl stopped and growled while her best friend rolled her eyes, ‘Daniyah I should have been awake at 3:30 but no! I had to snooze my alarm! I am effing failing this damn paper!’

‘Do you realize how over dramatic you sound right now? Where people are actually left with chapters you are going nuts because you couldn't revise, for what? Maybe a thousandth time?’ the remark from her best friend made her huffed in annoyance as she started pacing again.

“When will she wake up doctor,” it was her mother, a voice which was always firm seemed broken.

Oh mama!

“We can't say anything right now! She is in state of shock but she can hear us, so, we have to be the one bringing her back!” the female voice of the doctor reached her ears too, but how could she tell them that she wanted to stay, stay in the darkness where she can meet the one who promised to never leave.

Her head was bent and her eyes were glued to the little ultrasound picture. Daniyah was noticing her every passing second but when  the confusion which was etched on her face didn't pass after a while Daniyah moved forward and placed her hand on Janaan's shoulder.

‘I should have perused medicine. How the hell do they recognize a baby here?’ a low chuckle erupted from Daniyah's lips and shaking her head she pointed at the right point and within seconds Janaan was cooing while talking to the baby and Daniyah couldn't help but smile and enjoy the little moment aunt-to-be and baby were having.

The pulse which were normal up till now started rising and the machines around her started making furious noise.

Janaan was talking to her about the baby...

“Call Dr. Mominah and her team, we might have to carry out an abortion!” A doctor yelled and sobs erupted from the corner of the room.

‘For the baby, Daniyah, just for the baby’ she has said.

And this time she couldn't hear any thing else.

***

Pain his chest was contracting with pain, a pain he had never felt ever before. In a span of thirty hours his world was turned upside down, a world he never thought would crumble was in pieces and he  couldn’t do anything to save it. In past, Emaad had went through many hard times but in front of others he was the same indestructible man he was known as but not today, not after leaving a piece of his heart, someone whom he loved dearly under the dirt.

The horrid memory from the night before was coming back to him, how he had collapsed on the ground so he could protect his sister from falling, how he placed his palms against her chest, and how those palms turned red. She was the survivor one among then how could she leave? How could someone be so cruel?

A lonesome tear escaped his eyes as the glass full of amber drink hit the opposite wall, he wasn't even past the pain when the hospital called, he was about to loose his another form but maybe his fate finally decided that even for a man like him it was enough.
‘Bhai,’ he turned to face the door where in her night pajama his little sister was standing. He quickly turned his face again where the cut which was still fresh was apparent.

‘What happened Jia? Did you need anything?’ he spoke up as he pressed the eyes against his lips.
‘I heard him yell!’ came a little whisper.

‘Yeah he was mad at me, I had failed my Ad-Maths mock.’ They both knew he was lying. Bhai never failed and daddy never screams at him. He always come under the wrath which mama had to face.

She ran and hugged him from behind. ‘You are my superhero, Maad!’

“Your superhero failed today, Jia! Your superhero failed.” His knees hit the ground as he screamed her name countless times.

***

Happiness was never for Kirmanis, where in the luxurious study her son was an utter mess in her bedroom Talat Kirmani was on her bed, thousands of photographs from her children's childhoods were on the bed and she would run her hand on them.

What kind of mother was she that not a single tear escaped her eyes when her companion of all the sorrows was snatched away from her, how could she let death take away what was hers? Her little girl was supposed to live her life, a life full of happiness and blessings but maybe it was her own fate, her own bad luck which took away her daughter.

Dressed in lilac banarsi saree she was sitting in the front of the stage where the board of directors were sitting and one of the director was announcing about Emaad becoming the part of the company. After all the speeches were given she saw how proudly Faisal Kirmani walked around with their son across the hall meeting all his guests.

Emaad was enjoying the attention whereas his mother's heart was sinking with fear. Sipping the fresh juice from the wine glass, Talat Kirmani followed Emaad with her eyes, her dreams of saving her son from becoming the monster she has prayed to be freed from.

‘Enjoying the night mama?’ Talat Kirmani turned with a surprise when Janaan appeared from behind. Dressed in a silk black top and jeans she looked around with boredom lacing her features.

‘When did you get here?’ she noticed her stopping the waiter serving the drinks.

‘I promised, didn't I?’ She turned to look at her mother with the assurance of always being there and her mother nodded.

Her first child might have turned to wrong way but her daughter was there and after all its the daughter who caress the heart of her mother.

***

Where her family was yearning, her friends still couldn't believe the loss they had suffered. Mohib was one of those who gave her their shoulders and since he got back the young man was drowned in severe anxiety. Bisma tried her best to bring him out of the grief but the trio which he formed was turned into a disastrous mess. He was prescribed sleeping pills but the man who was never afraid of sleeping alone would wake up heaving.

She was still fresh in his memories, her golden lehnga which was coloured red right in front of his eyes was haunting him.

“You were right, Janaan, golden was your colour, you were right! We would be nothing without you. But why, why did you have to prove? Look! I... I accept my defeat! I accept that nothing matters without you,” his voice turned into a hiccup as he clutched the frame of their picture into his hand and tears ran down his face.

Don't you think you owe us a treat?’ he looked up from his phone as the girls took their place in front of him.

‘Excuse me?’ he raised his eyebrows and looked between the girls when Daniyah quickly shook her head, ‘Don't look at me she has been asking me for treat as well, for no reason!’

‘Fine! I'll tell you both nutcases! One, Mohib sahib you have to buy us something good and I am looking forward to a great deal of burger because, well hello! I helped you with Bisma?’ Mohib rolled her eyes, all she did was introduce them, literally just introduced them. ‘And you madam! You owe me your well being because again, who on this planet saved you from the creepy boy from section B?’

‘Moti, do you ever think of anything else other then food?’

‘Food is the necessity my dear friend!’ she winked at Daniyah who knew Janaan would get her way in the end.

‘I guess someone started their diet, didn't they?’ This time Daniyah also joined Mohib in teasing, they knew Janaan was quite emotional when it came it to her diet plans.

‘Fine! Go on! Uralo mazaaq! This trio is nothing without me, Main bhi dekho gi kia kero gay meray beghair!’

But that day he stopped her, he stopped her before she could even take a step but this time, this time he failed.

***

When the entire city of Karachi was drowned in anguish, miles away in a foreign land Faisal Kirmani was pacing in his hotel room, his room was filled with smoke of half lit cigarettes, bottle of alcohol was on the coffee table. His eyes were burning red and a Pakistani news channel was showing some latest talk show, again it was all about his daughter.

“Sir, I am telling you we have the situation under control!” his manager spoke from the couch opposite to him, whereas his chief security  and personal assistant shook their head.

“Under control? What kind of under control is this? It was the easiest task you bastard! I wanted that son of a bitch dead and in return what I got? My own daughter? I am here far away pretending to be dying—”

“Sir, sir, listen to me! It was written in fate, Almighty wrote this for us, we can't change that but we would be stupid if we won't make the most out of it!”
“What the hell do you mean by that?” the personal assistant finally took part in the conversation.

“Look sir, it’s clear, if Ms. Kirmani would have been married to one of our political friends it would have created a stereotypical situation for us. On the other hand, we have been praised for marrying our daughter into a family lower than ours. It shows we accept all and now this happened. It's high time we turn the situation, we were threatened before so what if—”

“What if we name it on our opponents! Waah! Shakir, you are really a man full of wits.” The man smirked and looked at Faisal Kirmani who was now looking at them, his eyes carrying the weight of the future.

Seconds passed and he took those seconds for pushing the images which have been haunting him all this while.

“Arrange a press conference after a week and we'll return home after a month. Take care of the media for the while.”

With that said he dismissed the men around him and turned his back on them.

He needed to be alone.

----

A.O.A

Well I am back early this time. Though again a short update and quite a sad one also, but I hope that you enjoyed it.

Please show some love and vote and comment! I need to have your feedback. Share your thoughts!!

However, I want to thank all of you who have been showing me their love and support since day 1. The love you guys have for these characters means a world to me. At times story might feel like its been dragged or its going slow or you know giving vibe similar to these and it is! But I can assure you the end result would be satisfying or so I hope. Things will get messier before they get prettier :P

I just need your support on this ride.

Well, till the next time...

TC,

Zehra :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 997 14
Fariya Shafiq's life seems to have become a series of unfortunate events after a life riveting accident that took everything from her, leaving her pa...
133K 26.3K 92
*BOOK ONE IN THE ALL THAT GLITTERS TRILOGY Walking out of an abusive marriage 'unscathed', Khadijah thought that was her salvation, the end of her su...
29.8K 1.9K 58
*formerly as Noble deed* Then I felt his lips on my forehead.. and when they say that when your crush kisses you,you feel the fireworks, slap them h...
679K 36.9K 27
• Twice Wattpad Featured • #1 in Spiritual • The moon hid behind the clouds, the wind refused to blow and the mountains trembled at the sight in fron...