Silver Death

By SheilaRice1

What, never heard of her? Typical. She has more kills than the Winter Solider. She was taken when she was 4 f... More

Backstory
Why did I tell them that?
I only trust Winter
He bit me, and I ended up free
Ew. I'm old.
Car rides and memories.
Safety Measures
You know?
Disappearing Act
H-RR
Breeding?
Plane seats?
A Nightmare and A Chat
Files
Cave
Riley
Puddles of Blood
Cooper and Lila
Twenty-Six Knives in a Wall
Scar Count
Lullabies
Dance
Mis-Step
Miscarriage Explanation
Protective Siblings
Moved File
Goodbye.
She's Gone.
Shooter
She Should be Here
Still Wanting Family
Mail Call
Communication
Coordinates
I Blame You Tony
She's Remembering
Threats
Party
Soldier Number Three
His Eyes
Don't Leave Me
Note to Write
Killer
Numb
Into the Cold
Namesake
Attack and Pack
Waking up, Heading out
Tree Hopping
Pictures with Crimson
She Loves Him
Just Drive
Ignoring Barnes
Eighteen
Room of Dust
Ready to Yell
Flash Drive
Reverse It
He's Still With Her
Pills
Ice Cream Freak Out
New Floor
I was Tagged?
Dinner Confusion
Machine Retrieval
Full Power
Painful Breathing
On A Team Of Her Own
Faulty Intel
Part 71
Cure for Death
Life of Death

Fishing to Files

21.7K 544 32
By SheilaRice1

The weather is sunny and warm. Winters team needs to relax and stay calmed down.

One of the only calming things I do is fishing.

Fishing is a calm thing to do. I need to ask Winter if that's a good idea. I think he is in our shared room. He is.

"Hey Winter?"
"Yes Silver?"
"Wanna see if anyone wants to go fishing? It's perfect weather."
"Fishing?"
"Yah. You put bait on a hook and you put the hook on the fishing line that's atta-"
"I know what fishing is. But where would we go?"
"The river. It's only like ten minutes from here. No phones and no radios. No signal. Just nature and the farm near the river."
"Would anyone there know us?"
"Well yah. The people who own the farm are pretty chill with me. They come over for coffee every so often."
"Why would they do that?"
"Well I used my liar liar pants on fire skills to give them a back story on myself."
"And that would be?"
"My parents died tragically in a car crash and I couldn't live in the city that it happened in. I decided to move and I settled here."
"That's it?"
"There was a much longer explination and a few fake tears. They did believe me and didn't ask any more questions. It was to easy lying to them."
"That's not very good. But fishing could be a good idea. We all need to stay relaxed."
"Okay, I'm gonna ask the girls and anyone else I can find, you wanna find people and ask?"
As he gets off the bed he replies "Sure."
"Good. And if you find Stark tell him that it's not optional."
"Sounds like a plan."
"See yah soon."
Walking down the hall as Winter goes outside I knock on the bedroom door where Banner normally is.
"Who is it?"
"Silver."
"One second please."
Waiting a few seconds until Banner opens the door I listen to the shuffling behind it.
"Yes?"
"You look like shit. Would you like to go fishing?"
He is obviously caught off guard by my remark. "Sure. And I haven't shaved in awhile."
"There are razors in the bathroom. Picked them up when the girls wanted to go to town."
"Ah. Thank you. And when are you planning on going?"
"Depends. You wanna deal with your scruff first? Cause if you do we can leave in an hour."
"Is that alright?"
"Yah. I still gotta find and ask everyone else."
"Okay. Thank you again."
"No problemo"

Taking a few stairs at a time and crossing the basement floor to reach the girls door I knock only to hear
"Fishing sounds good! I will come if that's alright?"
"That's why I was planning on asking Scarlett. Where is Widow?"
"She is in the gym. She wanted to see the ballet shoes you have."
"Okay. See you in an hour or so."
"See you then."

Stepping over to Thor's bedroom I knock only to hear a loud snore. Shrugging I walk in.
He sleeps sprawled across the bed, no wonder Falcon took Winter's spot on the couch.

Pulling a pillow from under his head I hit him in the face with it.
"WAKE UP!"
"I am awake Lady Silver."
"Oh. Everyone is going fishing in an hour. If you don't know what that is we will explain when we get there. See yah then."
"Good to know and be invited, see you all then Lady Silver."

No one else is in the house so I go to the garage where my truck is and get the fishing rods and tackle box.
I only have four fishing rods and there are eight of us, guess we will have to share. After collecting everything including bait I walk to the van. Storing the fishing rods in the undercarriage compartment I set the tackle box in the back hatch and look for the rest of Winter's team.

Sliding down the ladder shaft and reaching the bottom I check the gym and no one is there. Then I check the nest and find Hawkeye.
"Where is everyone else?"
"In the gym. Didn't you see them?"
"No."
Wait. The entrance to the file room is in the gym.
"You look scared, what's wrong?"
"A lot of things. Gotta go!"
Jumping off the nest I land wrong and hurt my ankle but run to the gym despite any thoughts I may have.
Entering the gym I walk to the far left corner where another trap door is.

The corner is slightly lifted.

Slowly making my way down the ladder I notice the sound of pages flipping.

Turning invisible I walk into the room to find Winter, Stark, Captain, Falcon and Widow looking through my files.

"Stark you found my files. Congrats."

Since I am still invisible everyone jumps.
"Technically I found it Silver."
"Really Widow? Stark was saying that he was going to find this room. No matter what."
"Well I did have help from Winter."
"Winter. Of course, what did you do?"

Winter starts glaring at Widow before answering. "I remembered how you used to like hiding stuff in corners and how you set up a few things in a base we were in once."
"Ah. The base in northern Russia that's in the one mountain. That place was really cold, and we were only there for a few months. Any ways, what did you all find? And how mad are you that you found it?"

Everyone starts talking at once.

"ONE AT A TIME!" Now since they are quiet I can speak normally "who would like to go first? Hands up."
Since everyone puts I hand up I ask Falcon first.
"I found a file on me. How'd you find these things out?"
"Hacked  S.H.E.I.L.D and watched what was going on in DC a few years back. When Winter first made an appearance."
"Okay. But these pictures are from civilian cameras how'd you come to get them?"
"I was in DC a few days after. Went to the Smithsonian did some checking up on Winter from afar. Hurt like hell not to go talk to him, pinged some phones from people who were under the carriers when they went down and found there phones, cameras and things like that. Down loaded them to my laptop and continued to keep my distance from anyone that might have seen me on missions."
"You knew where Bucky was after the helicarrier?"
"I knew where everyone that was in or on a carrier was. You, Captain, Winter even the Hill girl."
"Yo-you didn't talk to me? You didn't want to see me then?"

Turning visible so Winter could see that I was sincere,
"I didn't want you to be scared of me Winter. I thought that if I went to talk to you, you might think I was a HYDRA agent coming to collect you and take you back to Pierce. I didn't want you to be scared of me."
"I wouldn't have been scared of you."
"Yes you would have been. I still had Silver dye on the ends my hair, and I wore contacts that changed my eyes to black when I was in DC area. You would have recognized me and wanted to kill me. It's what you were trained to do Winter. But what did you find?"
He is silent for a few moments before answering.
"You put my file under James B. Barnes. Not Winter Soldier. Why?"
"Because you were James to me when I started collecting intel on you. You have been James to me since I read your HYDRA file and found out your real name."
"Thank you."
"Anything on your file that needs changing?"
"No. I think it's okay."
"Alright.
Widow what have you found?"
"Well, you are definitely a good hacker. You hacked S.H.E.I.L.D. and HYDRA. You trained under Winter and in the Black Widow program. What I'm curious about is why is your file so thin compared to others?"
I'm surprised "So you looked me up instead of yourself?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"It makes sense to. You know so much about us yet we know so little about you. I wanted to know more."
"Did you look for Silver Death or Jessica Rice?"
"Jessica. You put everyone else under their real names so I looked for yours."
She has a valid reason to wanting to know more about me. Sighing I walk over to the HYDRA cabinets I look through the S section.
Silver Death
Pulling out the file I have on myself I hand it to Widow. "Here's my file. I am Silver, and that's what I call myself unless I am in public. The file on Jessica Rice is practically just a missing persons file, and who her parents were.

Everyone looked at me funny when I told them and retrieved the file.

"Captain what have you found?"
"A file that was open on top of the cabinets."
"What would that be?"
"Peggy's file. Why were you looking at her file?"
"You and Widow were talking about her. I was curious about who she was. I suppose I forgot to put it away."
"You have a lot on her."
"S.H.E.I.L.D was very helpful when I was making files. She had intel on her in the system so I copied it. She is a very impressive woman."

Steve doesn't say anything after, so Stark buds in.

"Why do you have a file on Pepper?"
"She has relations with all of you. I watched and made sure no one hurt her while you all were fighting amongst yourselves. It was a stupid fight in my opinion. You tried killing your friends because of an incident years before. It's not very smart for someone who is of your intellect."
"I don't know if that's a compliment or a really rude statement."
"How about this: if I were to pick sides during that fight I would fight with the Captain. His argument made sense."
"How so?"
"You were the one to make a killer robot and almost have your girlfriend killed. Winter may have killed you parents but that was not James. It's the exact same as Hawkeye being controlled by Loki. He wouldn't have unless forced."
"How many of you see it that way?"
Captain, Falcon, James and even Widow put up their hands.

"I feel like I'm alone on this argument."
"You basically are."
"Basically?"
"The spider boy would agree with you just to make the father figure in his life proud."
"His father figure?"
"Yes. He has no dad and no uncle. He has an Aunt May but you Stark are now his father figure. He wants to make you proud."
"I need to get in touch with him. Make sure he's okay."
"I will get an email set up to him. Make sure to keep it 20 words or shorter."

Turning and leaving the file room I climb the ladder and call back down
"We will be heading to the river to fish in 15 minutes. Make sure your ground level by that time."

1855

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 13.7K 45
Bucky Barnes had found refuge on a small farm in Montana two years ago. It was there that the Winter Soldier seemed to disappear from his mind and B...
25.4K 649 9
Star is only a child, and her entire life has been dictated by HYDRA, anything she did was what they wanted to do. She is confused and scared, but th...
4.3K 238 41
Picking up after the fight with Killian aboard the Norco, Izzy has fully retired from SHIELD, now living and working with Tony, at the tower. She was...
825 62 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...