WGM Again?! (Taeun Fan-Fic)

By anniekim03

Summer 2016: Once-WGM-couple SHINee's Taemin and Apink's Naeun start dating for real! A Fan-Fic which describ... More

Chapter 1: We Got Married returns
Chapter 2: It wasn't that hard
Chapter 3: the second isn't any better
Chapter 4: I'll go two thirds
Chapter 5: I want to go out
Chapter 6: Everyday your bright smile doesn't change
Chapter 7: Coward
Chapter 7.5: Victon's Couple Quiz
Chapter 8: My Hyun! My Bum!
Chapter 9: Do you regret it?
*Chapter 10: Oraenmaniya
*Chapter 11: Tell me the truth
*Chapter 12: even back then
*Chapter 13: I'll call you
*Chapter 14: I want to show you every inch of me
Chapter 15: ajubeoni
Chapter 17: Merry Christmas
Chapter 18: Christmas eve
Chapter 19: Christmas Party
Chapter 20: I'm Naeun's boyfriend
Chapter 21: I didn't get her pregnant
Chapter 22: There's no other reason, right?
Chapter 23: I've already dated before!
Chapter 24: birthday party
Chapter 25: I Smile
Chapter 26: Stay away from Naeun-ah
Chapter 27: because I get insecure
Chapter 28: I promised
Chapter 29: I wanted to... but I also didn't...
Chapter 30: It's okay
Chapter 31: Let's be normal for once
Chapter 32: Truth or Dare!
Chapter 33: casual
Chapter 34: you're so lucky
Chapter 35: see you soon
Chapter 36: a feeling
Chapter 36.5: It's going to be your time soon
Chapter 37: Don't you feel ordinary now?
Chapter 38: Aeropuerto de M...
Chapter 39: I wasted two hours happily
Tag
Chapter 40: take me shopping
Chapter 41: No ask his number!
Chapter 42: I don't want to let go
Chapter 43: lovebirds
Chapter 44: take your time
Chapter 45: someone I've known
Chapter 46: Busy and busier
Chapter 47: resolution
Chapter 48: meant to be
Chapter 49: nowhere else to go
Chapter 50: I love you
Epilogue, Part 1: Jinki-hyung will be last
Epilogue, Part 2: I want to be groomsman
Epilogue, Part 3: the first
Epilogue, Part 4: perfect
Epilogue, Part 5: marriage registration
Epilogue, Part 6: Namjoo's boyfriend
Epilogue, Part 7: good or bad thing
Epilogue, Side Story 1: I won't cry
Epilogue, Part 8: always be happy
Epilogue, Side Story 2: first date
Epilogue, Part 9: beginning

Chapter 16: a snowflake

989 23 0
By anniekim03

Naeun's P.O.V

"What do you think about this?" I asked my friend Yi-na and held up a checkered blue shirt.
"Does he wear things like that?"
"I don't know. That's why you're here to help!" I whined.
"Well, I don't know. I've only seen the outfits he wears onstage and I'm pretty sure he normally doesn't dress like he does in front of the camera."
"No, he doesn't" I said and laughed as I imagined oppa wearing one of his stage outfits at the convenience store.

"I don't know what to buy for him" I sighed and looked around the department store.
"I normally wouldn't suggest this for a guy but how about accessories" Yi-na asked, "like rings, earrings or a necklace."
"That might work" I said, "then we need to find a jewelry store."

"Okay but let's get lunch first. I'm starving and we've been looking for your boyfriend's present for hours already!"
"It's not been that long" I mumbled but followed her quietly to a diner.

"I want this one" I said and pointed at the sandwich because I couldn't pronounce the English name.
Right then the guy next to me moved a little and I ended up poking his arm.
"Ah, I'm sorry!" I immediately apologized.
"Don't worry about it" he said.
I looked up carefully.

"Oh! Jaemin-ah!"
"Naeunie!"
.
.
.
In the end Yina-ya and I sat with Jaemin-ah and his friend Kyung-hee.

"This is my friend from middle school, Park Jaemin." I introduced him to Yina-ya.
"Oh I know him" she said "he's in my major. I've also often seen Kyunghee-shi on campus."
"I see, that's great."
"So what are you two doing here?" Kyunghee-shi asked.
"We were shopping for a present" Yina-ya answered and grinned at me mischievously.
"Um...yes, a Christmas present" I confirmed.

"What about you?" I asked them.
"Ah, we're also here to buy presents" Jaemin-ah said and grinned at his friend, "he doesn't know what to get his girlfriend."
"Oh maybe we can help" Yina-ya said, "then you could help us."
"No!" I interrupted alarmed.
"Why?" She asked innocently.
"Well, it's just embarrassing" I said and tried to look like I didn't mind, "besides, we already planned to to go to the jewelry store next."
"They can come along" Yina-ya said, "I'm sure his girlfriend will be delighted to get beautiful jewelry."

"That's a great idea!" Kyunghee-shi said and with that the four us made our way to the nearest jewelry store.
Yina-ya immediately dragged Kyunghee-shi to the department with necklaces leaving Jaemin-ah and me alone.

"I'm sorry we simply dragged you two along" I said while I watched Yina-ya enthusiastically picking out possible presents for Kyunghee-shi.
"I don't mind. It was a good idea to come here after all." He said while he looked at his friend with a smile on his face.

I looked at his face closely. He had changed. A lot. That's only natural given that 9th grade was the last time I had seen him. But I still felt that it was him. I was still comfortable around him.

"So what kind of present are you looking for?" He asked.
I broke out of my thoughts and quickly answered.
"Maybe earrings or rings. I don't think I would be able to pick a necklace well."
We started going to the direction of rings and looked at them but they mostly looked like promise rings.

"Is it for your mom or a friend? What kind of rings do they like?"
I had to smile at his question. That was so like him. Always this kind-hearted person who wanted to help even if he had no clue about what was going on.

"I think that earrings would be better. I don't know what kind of ring to buy." I answered and dodged the question of who for now.

"I think something simple but pretty would be good. Not too eye-catching."
"She doesn't like to stand out? How about these?" Jaemin-ah said and held up a pair of pearl earrings.

I burst out in laughter as I imagined oppa wearing those rose pearl earrings.
I finally decided to enlighten Jaemin-ah because of his confused face.
"Um...no, it's a guy. He often wears crosses as earrings. He often wears flashy clothes but I want to find him something he can wear no matter the occasion." I said and hoped that he would wear whatever I bought him every day anytime and think of me whenever he saw it in the mirror or touched it by coincidence.

"Your...boyfriend?" Jaemin-ah said quietly.
"Yes" I answered without hesitation. This is the reason I wanted to have a public relationship. So I wouldn't have to hide from the people I wanted to be honest with.

"Who...is your boyfriend?" Jaemin-ah asked but his voice sounded estranged. Almost absent-minded.
"Lee Taemin" I answered. I didn't want to sound arrogant but I thought that he would have known by now.
"Oh, that's amazing" Jaemin-ah said.
"N-not really" I said and just then I discovered the perfect present.

A silver snowflake earring which was hung on a short, thin chain. I can't say why but it suited him. So cool and composed onstage. His work is complicated like the form of a snowflake. But like any other human being he's also delicate although he has made an effort not to show me that side of him.
I hope that he will open up and tell me about his insecurities like I do.
So I can be his support when he's feeling hopeless.

"A snowflake?" Jaemin-ah asked.
"Yes" I answered still engrossed in the earring's beauty, "It's perfect."

Somehow I released my inner poet in that paragraph about the snowflake xD
I thought about deleting that paragraph because it was so cheesy and might not fully make sense but it was so poetic that I couldn't brig myself to do that.
And her just saying "a snowflake is perfect for him" wasn't really satisfying. Sounds too plain.

I actually already finished this chapter a while ago but for some reason I wanted to publish it with the next chapter :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 926 19
A story about a young boy named Jeon Jungkook who's dating a mafia boss of South Korea with the name of Kim Taehyung, but after one evening when Taeh...
41.2K 1.7K 31
Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. And having both is a blessing. Where two boys become each others family because of...
28.1K 551 20
「 requests are open 」 norenmin oneshots because i love norenmin so much<3 ↳ if you request smut, it will be vague because i'm not good at that! ...
6K 463 32
After two years of marriage Namjoon and Seokjin decided to adopt two girls, Aria and Leah who were twins. Everything was alright, they were happy unt...