Beyond the Deep Water

By IvetteMartinez01

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND IMAGINE THIS WORLD. Gods are created by a mighty force, a force to balance the universe... More

Ivette Martinez
Fear
Savior
Courage
Free
Water
Heaven
Dream
Unreal
Loneliness
Home
Magic
The God Of Water
Troubled
Encounter
Captive
Questions
Impressions
Hunches
Surprise
Presentations
Assessing
Curiosity
Sides
Heaven
Lake of Lights
Warning
Evil
Anguish
Offense
Preposition
Offering
Culprit
Honest
Punishment
Visitor
Condemned
Shattered
Realization
Torn
Goodbye
Wish
Reunion
Home
Strange
Melancholy
Apparitions
Breakaway
Routine
Light
Rejection
Familiar
Heartless
Empty
Decision
Chances
Soul Break
Heart Break
Searching
Friendship
Memories
Welcome
Epilogue

Darkness

1.2K 86 14
By IvetteMartinez01

Tired and confused Camille walks through the dark roads of Primavera Town. A clear image of Adam's pained face stings her with guilt. Frustrated she lets the rain drench her lifeless body. Letting the water wash away the regretful tears, feeling like an ungrateful bitch for hurting someone she's supposed to love unconditionally.

"God! I'm such a monster!" she shouts with all her might, thanks to the rain not much of her tantrum can be heard. Angry and full of hatred, Camille questions herself when and how did she stop caring for Adam? He meant everything to her once, where did that love go? She holds in the need to scream her lungs out.

As a lightning bolt zaps in the distance, freezing instantly, Camille flinches at the sound of an angry thunder. Her feet glue up to the ground, the panic doesn't let her move an inch. Her heart stops beating for a quick second as her eyes widen with apprehension to realize, she's not so alone.

Under the cold rain, Camille turns back and walks as fast as she can to get to the street light. But, suddenly she recognizes that life works in funny ways, that her karma is catching up to her. For hurting Adam, now she'll be hurt. As soon as another lightning illuminates the dark sky, she can see the pain coming directly to her.

Chills run down her spine, alerting her senses, her heart clenches with worry and urge to get away. Quickly scanning the empty roads, Camille knows she has no escape. No hope. Not when she surrounded by nothing but darkness. Swallowing the lump hurting her throat, she crosses her shaky arms over her chest as protection. Shutting her eyes, she prays to God to keep her safe as the malicious man approaches her with urgency.

"Look who we have here." the sound of his drunk voice sneering terrifying memories, Steve. He bursts out laughing looking at Camille's reaction. Her eyes widen with horror, her lips have turned purple and her skin pale.

"What's wrong Camille, it's like you've seen a ghost." he mocks her reaction.

"Da- Steve..." she struggles, wishing to be wrong.

Remembering the last time, she thought of him as her dad. In part, this man is responsible for Camille's memory loss after that night. She ran to her freedom but disappeared, now that time she was gone it's a mystery everyone.

Still holding a grudge against the girl he has mistreated since she was a child. His threatening eyes show no remorse for forcing himself onto her, that evil smirk that awakens Camille's fears. She takes a slight step back, waiting for the right opportunity to make a run for it. Steve notices her hesitation, which he enjoys to see.

"You're not thinking of running away are you?" he shakes his head, Camille's stomach sinks in as Steve pulls a gun out of his pocket.

"Camille, Camille..." he motions her to walk towards him, with a gun pointing right at her face, Camille stumbles but makes it close enough for him to her hair, completely frozen as he tugs it back, forcing her to touch his body.

Unable to make a sound, her heart throbbing painfully, Camille shuts her eyes to pray. Steve grins at her frightened expression, the perfect reward for his evil heart. Pulling her closer, watching her freeze as his breath creeps on her neck.

"Why are you so scared, Camille? We used to have such a great time together," he whispers with a disturbing tone of pleasure. Her guts revolt with disgust at the outrageous memories, holding in her voice she keeps breathing through her nose.

"Please... let me go..." Camille pleads with a trembling voice, her body already anticipating the pain of his anger, which makes him chuckle with satisfaction as he traces her face with the gun.

"They thought I killed you... but how can I kill you when you're my favorite hobby?" the monster confesses making Camille's gut turn up with horror and disgust to feel his claws crawling up her thigh.

"Stop... Please, stop," Camille's voice struggles to sound steady under the pouring rain.

"Stop? But I haven't started yet." he murmurs with a chilly voice, already imagining the damage he could do to his favorite victim.

"Should I start?" he whispers in her ear, Camille squirms automatically. Steve secures his grip around her waist, her hair tangled on his fingers. Breathing on her ear, his dried lips tracing her earlobe. Goosebumps take over her body, her blood turns cold, her voice has been trapped all along when this time comes. Panting through her nose, Camille shuts her eyes as she forces her tears inside.

"I don't even think God is on your side," he says with reeking smell of alcohol.

"Let me go, you don't want to go to jail because of me!" Camille tries her best to sound reasonable which doesn't work with Steve's incoherent mind.

Once again, he tugs her head back, making her neck snap painfully. Camille winces in pain but tries to keep the tears in. Steve forces her to look at him in the face, which looks inhumane and heartless.

Eyes that show nothing but hatred, something scary and psychotic that alerts her. Taking pleasure in the girl's reaction, he smirks coldly as he grabs her neck just like before. She squirms around like a fish without water, trying with all her strength to break free, but she's too weak, or the drunk man is way too strong. Letting out his chilly laughter, Steve puts his gun back into his pocket. The blood rushes to her face as a powerful slap stings her face.

Immediately, falling to her knees but Steve doesn't let go of her hair, forcing her to kneel before him. He scoffs with thrill to see the eerie beautiful girl losing to him.

"See!" he shouts, raising his eyes to the angry sky.

"God puts you right in front of me, showing me that face I hate so much!" his hand already tangled in her hair pulling her back, dragging her on the cold pavement, scraping her knees. Camille bites her lips tight, not allowing herself to cry in front of him.

"There's nothing I hate more in this world than your fucken face!... that reminds me of him! of you!" he threatens, delivering a blow on her stomach instantly knocking her out of her breath, Camille grips on the ground. Trembling in pain, her tears she can't hold on anymore. Coughing out, she cries.

Tasting blood in her mouth, she struggles to sit up but the fear of being hit again stops her. Not giving her time to react, Steve grabs her hair once again forcing her face to look up, as the rain falls on her face, she tries not to choke on it.

"Help..." she cries as Steve's hand grabs her neck slowly putting enough pressure to make it difficult for her to breathe, but not to lose consciousness.

"Help! Someone help!" Camille makes a useless effort to break free, this time there's no chance he can't finish the job. Her eyes widening with fear as her weak legs struggle with the lack of oxygen. Steve grins proudly to see her squirming in desperation.

"I'm going to kill her because of you! I'm going to kill you!" he laughs without making any sense. He grins, ready to crash the girl's face against the ground, hoping to leave a mark forever.

With no way to get out of this, Camille starts to think that maybe he's right. There's no way anyone can save her from this. Why fight when there's nothing for her to fight for? Exhausted of fighting someone stronger than her, ever since she can remember this monster has been her aggressor and although some people have known about it, he has never been held accountable for his crimes. Then what is there to fight for? Trying to find peace with herself, Camille closes her eyes feeling how her fingertips start to lose feeling, the oxygen slowly running out.

"God..." she says shutting her eyes as hard as she can. She lets go.

At the same time, a loud thunder with the brightest lightning illuminates the sky, the rain pours heavily on Primavera Town. Steve releases his hold of her throat, slowly letting the air back into her lungs. Camille drips with the rain, trying to control her rhythm, she waits without making an effort to stand up; the fear and exhaustion stopping her from trying at all.

Seeing how the man who doesn't fear anything falls back, his empty eyes widen with shock, looking behind her. The terror in his eyes makes her gather her strength to sit back up. The relief to know that they're not alone. Turning her attention to her savior, Camille stops in shock as a whip of water forms a barrier around her. Like eels circling her, astonished Camille tries to get on her feet, but a mysterious force keeps her down.

"Calling for help... that is intent." a husky voice murmurs with discomfort, making her heart jump at the familiarity.

A tall man elegantly walks forward, evidently upset he glances at the girl with the corner of his beautiful crystal blue eyes, tearing apart the man who has dared to put his hands on the girl he's been trying to protect. Slowly taking a step closer to the girl laying on the puddle of water, Camille tries with difficulty to stay awake to see this man that brings a certain warmth to her troubled heart.

"If you do not break free, I cannot imagine how much longer I can handle this." his voice soothing her tormented soul. Slowly reaching a hand out to touch her bloody lips, his eyes full of compassion and regret. Not a single drop of water on his body.

"Giving up has never been an option for you, perhaps taking the garbage out of your way can help you, " the mysterious man says. Just as he finishes his sentence, a bolt of lightning strikes Blue Water Lake. Turning to Steve, he knows this time he won't be forgiven.

Camille can't take her eyes away from such a familiar man, the way his crystal eyes look at her with a glow that shows nothing but greatness.

"My patience has a limit, Camille. I suggest you find your freedom soon." the man suggests without waiting for her to say anything back.

"Break free..." the voice echoes as another lighting strikes, followed by a pitch darkness. Her eyes glued to the mysterious man, dragging Steve into the darkness of the night.

"Camille!" Adam's voice awakens her to reality. Forcing her to see his worried face, his skin against hers.

Again, Adam has been running all over town looking for her but why can't she feel anything but guilt? Taking a second look at where the mysterious man had been standing, Camille feels alone even when Adam is right next to her. She can comprehend how did she change so much?

"I'm sorry..." Camille apologizes from the bottom of her heart she finally has realized what she needs to do.

"Let's go home," Adam says helping her to her feet.

Soaking wet, Adam curls his arms under her shaky body to carry her back to his car. Zoned out, unable to stay away. Camille closes her eyes and leans on his shoulder, trying to forget the frightening encounter.

"Break free..." the voice echoes in the darkness.

"I'm sorry," she whispers lifelessly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 1.6K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
2.2K 105 36
18+ Trigger warning for talk of suicide/drugs.* A story about a young human girl who tries to steal from a fae man. She gets put in a cell under the...
183 4 6
I write, what I see around me I pen, what is experienced by me I express, what is felt by me. Presenting a cut of my experience and sights from toda...
206 23 16
Living in an asylum for the past 5 years isn't easy. You can't get mad, forced to take pills, forget your emotions and only focus on "getting better...