Scarred

By LetsBreatheWords_

#16 in Spiritual (12/3/17) Her heart was silently twisted and scarred, Her tongue was tied and lips were seal... More

Distorted Dreams
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28- Part I
Chapter 28 Part II
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 35
PART II
Chapter 37

Chapter 29

2.2K 180 119
By LetsBreatheWords_

Asalam O Alikum, HII, HELLO, Bonjour!

Long time no see huh? How are you guys??

I have written the authors note up here because I know by the end of the chapter I won't be able to write it :3

First of all I am extremely sorry for updating after so long! So sincere apologies!

This chapter might be not that long but is kinda special one so enjoy! I 'NEED' all of you to give me feedbacks! They are kinda my energy bars!

I actually had a lot of things to say but I don't remember them anymore so I present you chapter 29! Read, devour and well spare me, I LOVE YOU GUYS TONS!

~~~~

Staring at the full moon

Drinking in the soothing glow

Marveling at it's beauty

She wished to be like it

Not realizing what it would cost her

For the moon maybe serene

But it's set amongst the darkness

Bruised and cracked

Lonely among the glittering stars

Forgotten as the dawn breaks

Always coming second

To the glorious sun

It's calm endeavor never a match

Against the vicious flames

Of the Blazing ball of Fire

And when she became the moon

Agony shadowed her

Silently she weeped

Realizing her mistake

A little too late.

-Mahrukh Ameen

Large wooden gates of the Kirmani Mansion were wide open as the guests were swarming around the place. The front garden were taken by men and boys, some sitting around while some standing and chattering, the laughter could be heard from every corner, friends and family were seen emerging from all the sides. Waiters were moving around in the lawn which was illuminated by the string lights and other decorative, every nook and corner of the house was drowned in the bright lightning, various drinks and food were being served, smoke coming from cigar and hookah which was arranged for everyone in various flavor was filling up the air.

Upon entering the foyer, the loud music could be heard which was arranged through the latest sound system and all the bollywood songs for the day before wedding were being played. Inside the mansion the energy was taken to another level, every wall of the house was decorated with garlands of marigold and roses, girls dressed in traditional clothing and bright colors, half of them had their hands filled with dried henna. If enter the spacious living room, all the furniture was moved on one side in order to make enough place for everyone to sit. Foods and drinks were also being served to all the females related to the bride-to-be.

Janaan's cousins and aunts were sitting in a large circle with a dhol in the center, trying to create perfect rhythm. All of them would initiate a wedding song every now and then and the echo of the appreciations by all the females surrounding would fill the air, in the center of the living room a wooden swing with beautiful carving was placed and was decorated with thick garlands of flowers, and the bride herself was looking everyone with a shy smile and eyes full of contentment and happiness.

She was dressed in an off shoulder yellow top embroidered with white pearls and stone, the choli was paired with a lehnga of a white color with yellow embroidery, the sheer net dupatta was pinned on the bun knotted in a twist. Janaan's hand were extended ahead as the henna artist filled them with perfection, her chest was free of the burden she had been carrying for a long while, as she saw her family, or those who mattered around her enjoying themselves. Daniyah was by her side every minute till the last second of the shopping and till now. She was sitting beside her whispering jokes and appreciation every other minute, her sister-in-law and best friend was dressed in knee length embroidered shirt and gharara.

"Mohib went to meet Misbah today," Daniyah whispered as she brought her phone screen in front of Janaan and selfies of both the boys came in front of her.

"He has been investigating him since past three months." Janaan shook her head and looked at her hands again.

The soft chuckle erupted from Daniyah's lips but she quickly straightened herself as Janaan looked at her, "seriously? Can you guys become normal, some days Misbah is getting your list of question another days Mohib would get to his office and forcefully make him spend their entire day together-"

"Bhayi we just need your security na!" Daniyah hid her emerging smile as another henna artist finally came in front of her and she extended her hands ahead.

Minutes later a small chaos erupted from the front door and soon boys from the outside were in filled in the living room, Mohib and their other friends were among them and the place where once all the ladies were sitting turned into a dance floor.

***

Next day, their entire mansion was telling another story, the place which reverberated with songs, laughter and joke was filled with people rushing in and out. Last of Janaan's belonging were being send to her new house, Emaad was on his feet since the sun has come out, one minute he would be seen with his phone between his shoulder and ear and another minute he would be calling out a servant. Talat Kirmani was guiding their butler about the sweet boxes which would be distributed in the hotel among the guests coming to the event while upstairs in their room Janaan and Daniyah were packing their bags which were to be taken with them to the salon.

I am here! The message buzzed on both of their phones and their speed increased, throwing everything inside their bags, their movement synced and at the same time the girls stepped outside of their rooms. Daniyah's lips curved up into a smile as she saw Janaan coming out in kameez and shalwar with a shawl drapped across her body, the bride-to-be was ready to become a bride.

"Mohib is here for the two of you," they both turned as Emaad came upstairs and announced Mohib's arrival. Though there was an army of guards and drivers, yet Mohib had especially asked to be their driver for the day like he did in Daniyah's wedding and both the girls quickly nodded and made their way towards the stairs when Emaad's phone rang and Daniyah saw him hurrying towards their room. The room locked within seconds but as Janaan's voiced called her back she shrugged her certain fears away and went down the stairs.

She wouldn't let anything shadow her best friend's wedding.

***

The darkness of the room was making it hard to walk and with one more step taken the person there stumbled upon the fallen mops and buckets, string of curses echoed across the room as he pushed the duffle bag over his shoulder and took out his phone. Soon the light spread across his way and he carefully walked towards the designated place. Keeping his bag on the floor he looked at the door which was though locked from inside but was being watched for any possible problem. Shaking his head he took out the gloves from his pocket and wore them, looking around he found another bag of supplies and stools which were left for him there.

Planning for his task was done according to the needs. He turned on his phone again and opened the browser, quickly typing the desired website he pushed the curtain which was covering the small window he was supposed to use, his eyes came back on the screen where six digits were being displayed. Half of his payment was with him, half he was about to get. Pushing his phone back in his pocket he gripped the small curtains in his fist and pulled it down and looked ahead. The targeted place was clear in front of him and his previous record and his position made everything easier.

Without wasting another minute he quickly got to his work and took out all his equipment, for a man like him it took less than fifteen minutes to set all what he needed and once he was done, he took out the picture which was sent to him and then throwing it back in his bag he pulled out his phone and went down his contact list. The letter K wasn't that hard to find and soon the call was connected.

"I am at the position, I need my payment right at 1!" and without waiting for the answer he ended the call.

Now all he needed to do was wait, wait for the two minutes he wanted.

***

She took a deep breath and then one more again as her reflection stared back at her, the past hours went by like seconds and after complete five hours and set of procedures she was ready. Janaan was always sure that on her big day she would never shed a single tear, but oh dear! Staring back at herself memories from past were rushing back to her, each and every struggle, each and every heartbreak, all those frightening memories, the courageous steps, all which finally led to this day, the day she was finally a bride.

Her fear of not being able to marry from the house she was born in was proven wrong, her faith won again. She smiled as her heart filled with gratification and this time she looked at her reflection with pride.

Gold was really her colour and after days of arguing on the colour she finally won, her bridal lehnga was result of endless designing, screaming, crying and cursing. The peplum top was filled with delicate motives, the embroidery of small red flowers paired with gold, her similar shade lehnga skirt was another art piece, the delicate golden dupatta was pinned above her bun, and the corner of it was pinned around her bangles. Her makeup was enhancing her every feature, the shimmer of her eye-shadow to the highlight on her cheeks and her bright red lipstick.

***

Cameramen and reporters crowded around the location where the wedding of Faisal Kirmani's daughter was taking place, it was a chaos outside and inside it was another story altogether. The bride was having her photoshoot while the maid-of-honour who was also bride's sister-in-law was welcoming the guest with a bright smile and her husband by her side.

Dressed in Prussian blue dress with gold embroidery covering her peplum shirt paired with gharara, Daniyah was walking around with elegance and perfection, her soft smile covering her pink painted lips, her blushed cheeks full and dimpled with smiles, and her large eyes. After the bride it was sister-in-law catching everyone's eyes. Emaad who was in white sherwani was walking around with pride, after days his own heart was filled with happeiness.

Everything was going as it should have, if not everyone his sister deserves all the best in the world and she was getting it.

"Daniyah," they both turned as Mrs. Kirmani came towards the couple, first complementing them both Talat Kirmani asked Daniyah to bring Janaan in the main hall as Misbah was back on the stage after the couple's photoshoot.

Where Emaad walked across the halls to prepare bands and others for welcoming the bride, Daniyah walked across the hall to get the bride.

It didn't take much longer when the bands created a beautiful rhythm from their drums and the flute, all the young girls from Kirmani family lined up and threw petals on the red carpet on which the bride was supposed to walk and then the cameras recorded how the beautiful bride walked with her brother and father by her side, her mother and sister-in-law accompanying them, all the eyes were on those who portrayed a picture perfect family, their smile not wavering as cameras flashed and people whispered till Faisal Kirmani put Janaan's hand on Misbah's granting them a life ahead.

***

Be ready, his phone buzzed with a message and he got alerted, the window was open and he was right at his position.

The target was crystal clear.

Few more minutes just few more minutes.

***

The time for the departure was here, family crowded around the stage as the newlywed couple stood up to begin another journey ahead. Talat Kirmani was the first one to move forward and embrace her little girl. Janaan's heart escalated as she wrapped her arms around her mother and soon a sob erupted from her mouth, she met every member of her family, with every tear she left a part of her in them and finally a man heart had always yearn front cam in front of her.

Faisal Kirmani stood in front of his daughter, and as they say blood calls, her face when she was born, her first cry to her endless cries when she was a baby, her first step crossed his mind and he wrapped his arm around her.

"Allah Hafiz baba," and his heart drummed against his chest. In the last moment he took his daughter in his arm to walk her till the end of a journey he wasn't part of.

In a crowd the couple went out, Emaad was carrying Quran over Janaan, on one side Faisal Kirmani was walking by her side while on another side Misbah was holding her hands. She walked with the three men who mattered to her the most.

The driver opened the back door and she settled in, Misbah turned to meet Faisal Kirmani.

His hands touched the trigger as his eyes settled on their aim.

She needed to meet her father again and she stepped out of the car, just one last time she wanted to feel his heart, and that all it takes, that one last time. One last moment.

مجھے روکے گا تو اے ناخدا کيا غرق ہونے سے

کہ جن کو ڈوبنا ہو ، ڈوب جاتے ہيں سفينوں ميں

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

728K 47.6K 39
[Highest ranking: #1 in Spiritual on 15/8/18] β€’β€’β€’ β€’ In which a girl saved a boy's life in the most unexpected of circumstances β€’ She drank water. He...
1.7K 12 18
"Words that I can't share." She always believed, her presence in someone's life was nothing but a bad sign. "Then comes in me, a girl silently retre...
172K 11.5K 56
This was not supposed to happen, they were not supposed to meet. An angry young Pashtun with his ego problems was not supposed to fall for the Americ...
281K 8.8K 74
β€’β€’| 1st in Arranged Series |β€’β€’ Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...