The Golden Girl

By iiqueenbee_

*WATTPAD FEATURED* *UNEDITED* "You can't erase the pain, nor can I. You can't erase the reasons behind my fak... More

The Golden Girl
1.Red lips are her armor
2. Shots and words
3. Designer of their own catastrophe
4. Consumed by darkness
5. She's the queen, without a knight
6. When he loved
7. The king with his flaws
8. The Queen with her sepoys
9. Paper hearts with piercing words
10. The fall of the golden girl
11. Faking it (Part One)
13. New threats and beginnings
14. Stacey wants him back
15. When he cared
16. Midnight memories
17. Stand by me? (Part One)
18. Stand by me? (Part Two)
19. You are a rainbow but he is colorblind
20. Movie night gone wrong
21. Her knight in the shinning armor
22. She belongs to herself (Part I)
23. She belongs to herself (Part II)
24. And she knew
25. When they met
26. Ready to let go
27. Pretty little secrets
28. Paper houses
29. When she admired
30. When he broke
31. Hold my hand
32. River (Part I)
33. River (Part II)
34. When he smiled
35. Queen of hearts
36. A little thing called love
37. Apologies and confessions
38. Toxic
39. Unrequited love
40. Perfect
41. Crimson fireworks
42. Spying on the Blake kid (Part I)
43. Spying on the Blake kid (Part II)
44. When they knew
45. Acacia and roses
46. A second chance
47. Bad at love
48. Mi corazón
49. When they smiled
50. He owns the field but she owns his heart
51. He loves her to the moon and back
52. You make me feel strange
53. He was her home
Special chapter : The time Faye Lockwood fell in love
54. Red
55. Heartstrings
56. Hallelujah
57. Wrapped up Gifts
Epilogue
New Book!!!!!

12. Faking it (Part Two)

13.3K 579 332
By iiqueenbee_

"You don't need to save me Blake, you don't have to..."

-The Golden Girl

***********************************

"Mr Mayfield, I must say, I am impressed." And Faye watched as her father patted someone's shoulder.

Her eyes went to meet her father's. There was a big smile on his face, a smile that can put anyone in shame. A smile that no one will take as a fake one, a smile that said something totally different of what Arthur Lockwood really is. A fun loving and amazing person, not.

The façade almost looked real, and those who really doesn't know him will take him for a really kind and ambitious person, which he is not.

People take Arthur Lockwood as an inspiration, a person who can buy each and everything that he lay his eyes on. He is powerful, strong, a strategist and no doubt, his name is taken on the list of the most successful business persona.

"Isn't it Arthur Lockwood? My favourite man, I thought you were not going to come, I was a little disappointed you know. But there you are, with such a beautiful young lady by your side." An old stout man turned around, with a big grin on his face. He was old, the wrinkles and the creases on the forehead showed it all.

"Well, well, Mr Mayfield, meet my daughter and the heir of the Lockwood industry, Faye Lockwood. And Faye love, meet my client Mr Mayfield." The old man gave Faye a toothy grin and enveloped her into a hug.

"Miss Faye, it's really nice to meet such a beautiful lady like you." The compliment was genuine and Faye knew, Faye knew that he was nothing like her father.

"Thank you sir, and honestly, the pleasure is all mine."

She was astonished, astonished that even if he was her father's friend, belongs to the same background, he is so different. Not even once, his eyes went an inch lower from her face.

"Well, now, Mr Lockwood and Ms Faye, please may I introduce you to my son, Cole, Cole Mayfield." And the old man called for his son who was just standing a little away from them, talking with a small group.

"Yes, father. You called for me."

Okay, alright. He was... a masterpiece. Perfect. He was jaw dropping and honestly, Faye was more than sure that her jaw was on the floor. Her eyes were wide and it was taking in the surrounding, precisely the sharp jawline and some really dark, forest green eyes.

"Cole, my boy, remember the client I was talking about in the morning?" And when the guy nodded, his father continued, "Well he's here, along with his beautiful daughter, meet Mr. Arthur Lockwood and Faye, Faye Lockwood."

"Good evening Mr Lockwood, its a pleasure to meet such an inspiring personality like you." His voice was deep and husky, yes, it was attractive.

Damn attractive.

As soon as the men were done with their greetings, Cole turned to face Faye.

"Miss Faye Lockwood." And he stared at her, like really stared at her. His eyes ran down her whole body and a shiver ran through her spine. She felt exposed.

It was a bad idea, wearing this dress was. She felt like a cheap whore.

When she walked in, her first perspective was that none and I mean none of them were wearing a short dress, let alone in a backless gown. Everyone's attire screamed elegance and somewhere the idea of them being loaded.

"Cole Mayfield." She greeted, a small hesitant smile appearing on her face.

"I must say, you look really— beautiful this evening." A small smirk was plastered on his face as he looked at her with judging eyes.

"I — its, its a pleasure to meet you." She said, shuffling with her fingers.

Never ever in her life, she had felt this uncomfortable.

"Ah, trust me, the pleasure is mine." And he enveloped her into a hug.

No, not a warm one.

It was basically him squeezing her, pushing her into his chest, crashing her. His hands went to all the wrong places, her butt, her thighs.

She practically pushed him away from herself.

She take it all back, he was not a gentleman, he was not perfect, he was a fucking manwhore, and something in his eyes said that, she looked like one too.

"Well, well, since we all are done with the greetings, why do not you both go and have a drink?" Mr Mayfield offered.

"Sure, I was going to say the same thing, why do not we, Faye?" And he placed his hand on her back, smiling coyly.

Fucking jerk.

She wanted to deny it, she so wanted to deny it. But... she couldn't, she cannot. She could already sense her father's gaze on her and she knew he was internally warning her. He wanted her to go with him.

Why?

Oh, cause it was beneficial, for his work, it was beneficial for his company.

So she went, she walked with him towards the bar.

Why, you ask?

Cause she didn't want to upset her father, cause she didn't want to know the aftermath, about the things that her father can do to her loved ones if she deny this offer.

"So, Faye, you look..." He trailed, eyes fixed on her as they passed the hall where couples were dancing to the beat of an old song.

He could have completed the sentence, he was going to, he just was about to when, when a deep and familiar voice cut in, "There you are, I have been looking for you babe, what are you doing here?"

It was River Blake's voice.

Faye let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Soon, she was no longer standing next to Cole Mayfield, she was standing with River, his arm wrapped around her protectivly, in a defensive manner.

"What— What on earth are you doing here?" There was disbelief in her voice as she looked at him strangely.

"I am here to tell you that I love you my honey bunch. And I am sorry for today's morning."

Honey bunch? Seriously, honey bunch?

She mentally cringed.

"I know I told you I couldn't make it. But it was getting impossible for me to walk away." He said, his voice reflected longing and desire.

What, what was he doing?

Has something got into him? Was he making fun of her?

She was going to kill him if that was the cause behind him turning into a Romeo of such an unromantic scene.

But suddenly it came to her, crashed upon her, it was like throwing a bucket of cold water on her.

He was trying to save her, trying to get her out of this whole situation.

She suddenly was smiling, beginning to play along, "Oh, my munchkin... I thought you were not going to come." She said dramatically, placing her hand on her heart.

"Babe, give me a chance, I am here for you, I always will be." And his eyes suddenly were on Cole, "But I guess you already are with someone?" There was disappointment in his voice, which Faye knew sure was fake.

"Oh, I can never love or get away with someone else when you are in my life, my River."

The whole scene was suddenly funny and both River and Faye started to have fun playing with a confused Cole.

"I am Cole, Cole Mayfield." The guy finally said. He was proud, really proud of his surname, something that River and Faye found really annoying.

"Well, well, it's nice to meet you Mr Caleb." River said, intentionally getting his name wrong.

"It's Cole." The guy greeted out, he was pissed, too pissed.

"Oh Cole, let me introduce you to my... my..." She was not sure what to say.

"Her boyfriend. River, River Blake, heir of the Blake enterprises." And suddenly, all color drained out of Cole's face.

He couldn't believe he was standing in front of the heir of the multimillion company.

"What?" He really didn't believe.

"Whatever." And turning to Faye, he said, "So, will you like to dance with this sexy beast of yours, my love?" Suddenly, Faye's throat was dry and it was getting hard for her to swallow the lump that has formed there.

The words felt true, and it ignited something inside her.

Maybe it was because of the whole situation, since she was not used to this nice River or maybe it was because, for the first time, someone had called her like this. That also to just save her from a dreadful situation.

She knew, it was too good to be true.

"I'd love to my dear. If you will excuse us, Mr Mayfield, it was really nice meeting you." And leaving there a stunt Cole, they run to the far corner of the ball room.

"That was..." And they both bursted out laughing, not even trying to hold it.

"His... his face... God, did you see his face when you said that you are the heir of Blake enterprises. He was like..." She continued to laugh, holding her stomach, she continued to hiccup. At that time, she didn't care if she sounded like a donkey, she was carefree for the first time that day.

"I... I know right, for him, it felt like he was going to puke after hearing those lovesick lines." River said, shaking his head.

"Oh my god, that was hilarious." She laughed on and on, placing a hand on his hand, she laughed away. She was totally unaware of her deed.

But he was able to sense her, and his eyes were suddenly on her. She was laughing, looking like an angel, like the the happiest person alive.

He liked her like that, just like that. Kyle told him about the incident and seriously, he was ready to break the bones of those fuckers who thought of doing such a nonsense thing.

"Hey, I... I heard about the incident. Kyle... he told me." And her laughter died.

She hadn't talked to anyone about it but River, he just happened to know everything about her.

They settled into a comfortable silence and sat on the nearby table.

"It's funny how people can make such false assumptions, how people can be so judgemental?" And then she threw a humorless laugh.

"It's okay, I understand." He said holding her hand that was on the table.

He really did understand.

"Actually, you know what, I do not want to talk about it, not now. I am having a great time here."

And he smiled, "And all thanks goes to me."

"It really goes to you." She grinned. It was true.

"What are you doing here by the way?" She asked with sudden curiosity.

River was just like her. Even he did not like coming to these gatherings where all that people do is throwing fake smile on each other.

"I am here to meet someone. To take her home actually." He said, pulling a small and hesitant smile.

"What?"

"Stacey, Stacey is here."

************************************
Hola guys,

Well, well, I am here with a really important news.

From now on upto March, I am just going to update thrice a month.

I know this is bad, really bad.

But guys, I am in an important phase of my life and this is what will decide which university I will be able to apply for.

Yes, yes my exams are starting.

I promise, I will try to update as much as possible, but three chapters are fixed.

I will update three chapters by hook or crook.

But please be patient with me and yah, remember, I love you all.

Thanks for the support.

©tomboy_16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819 62 31
"you promised me forever but you lied. You're not the same person I grew up with, you changed." "You're right, I have but you have too. It's like I...
176K 6.5K 27
↞↞↞♛↠↠↠ Everyone makes at least one mistake in their life; if you don't, you're not human. I just happen to be one of those people who make a lot of...
55.2K 3.5K 33
"I know I probably shouldn't feel this way. I shouldn't be disappointed or angry that he no longer loves me the way he used to. I know it's my fault...
22 4 14
Heartbreak, torn apart, brought together, "You will always be the love of my life, even when we are no longer in each other's" A story of that the l...