Phases Eight

By Maddywrites_02

(Highest ranking #1 in science-fiction as on 24/12/17) Amelia, the youngest heir and the only survivor in the... More

Cast list
Prologue
Phase 1 The Broken Promise
Phase 2 Leo
Phase 3 The Bike ride
Phase 4 The Host
Phase 5 Hyde Reborn
Phase 6 Falling for her
Phase 7 Wicked Destiny
Phase 8 My First Mistake
Phase 9 Drop by the Downtown
Phase 10 IRIS
Phase 11 Hallucinations
Phase 12 Cold Memory
Phase 13 The Night Race
Phase 14 Lance
Phase 15 Death Message
Phase 16 Departure
Phase 17 It
Phase 18 Lies and threats
Phase 19 Alter-ed Date
Phase 20 The Proposal
Phase 21 Changing faces
Phase 22 Hit the road
Phase 23 Revenge Expert
Phase 24 Rescue mission
Phase 25 Crime
Phase 26 Confessions
Phase 27 Drunken absurdities
Phase 28 Canuck, eh?
Phase 29 Accidental ramming
Phase 31 Familyarising
Phase 32 See you again
Phase 33 Apego
Phase 34 Dead men tell no tales
Phase 35 Red Snow
Phase 36 Menacing Caricatures? Is that even a word?
Phase 37 I'm not flying! I'm falling, with style!
Phase 38 Shining lights
The Last Phase

Phase 30 The Davis couple

173 15 26
By Maddywrites_02

"Where there is a Jake, there is a way."

                                          -Jake Turner
____________________

"Barbara?" Jake presumed Amy to be susceptible for a change in personality. Her exuberance of attitude since they landed gave him a cold feet.

Amelia, wearing a cheap woven hat that covered half of her face didn't find this witty comment to be amusing. "I don't know why you are calling me in a name that I highly don't recognise."

"You are lying. Then you must be Iris." he suggested.

Amelia ground her teeth loud enough for Jake's hackles to rise. He found this particular trait of Amy to be intimidating. Faster than he could sprout an anticipation Amy slammed him against the cold marble wall. "Listen carefully, because I don't like to repeat myself. Do you see this thing?" Amy pulled the sleeve of her coat to reveal the D.R.E.A.M's monitor, that perched as immovable as ever on her wrist, "Though we've made a escape it won't be long before we have an army at our heels. So till we're here don't make it obvious that I'm sick at the head."

Jake unclamped Amy's hand from his shirt and grimaced, "Don't know what got your head since landing. Just don't act like you know everything and I don't." Jake regretted as always he would after barking mad at Amelia. He clamped his fingers around her wrist, "Let's first go home, okay?"

Amelia sighed in disbelief.

Ontario welcomed the pretending to be Davis couple with a roaring thunderstorm and blinding flashes of lightning that ripped the sky.

It was on the pleasant weather they met him. He was bundled up in thick wraps that left his blushed face to be exposed to the violent sky. He had raven black hair, huge eyes, stuffed cheeks and tiny cherry red lips. Zeus's bad mood for the day didn't seem to affect him, as he slept peacefully in the arms of his old lady.

"Nice to meet you mother" Like a perfect gentleman, Jake made a respectful bow to Noah Davis's mother. The latter with a baby in her arms wore old style vintage dress, draped by a winter jacket that had seen better days.

Mrs Davis's crooked teeth tugged at her frost bitten lips. Her pale hands wrinkled by old age held out an envelope to Jake, "It is the place where you'd be working and living."

The obstinate mouth of the woman opened once in a blue moon. She preferred to reply by actions and gestures rather than answer orally, which could've frozen her slender throat. While Jake negotiated with Noah's mother, Amy observed the woman's hand tightly clutching the mass in her grasp, cradling it like the most precious treasure in the world. She suddenly had an urge to make the old hag jump out of her skin.

"Noah" called Amy, "Get our child. We must move before it rains."

Mrs Davis made a defensive posture, creating a wall between the baby and Jake, "No please. Don't take my baby away from me. Use my son's identity for an eternity but leave my Issac. He is just a baby." she begged.

Amy took a step closer to the woman, resounding a rigidity of determination. "I think my attorney mentioned it in the contract. You've already given up on your guardianship. The child now rightfully belongs to its parents."

"Please. Please let my Issac be with me. I beg of you" The old woman hugged her child to her bosom and got to her knees.

"Okay, have him with you." Amy gestured the woman to get to her feet with magnanimity of a queen having mercy on a sinner.

"Oh Thank you. Thank you so much." Before she could see the brightness of the day, Amy smashed her hopes to the ground.

"Give my money back."

"What?" Mrs Davis stumbled on her stance.

"I agreed to pay back all your son's loans and bring back his honour which he lost before his death. I'll get everything back." Amy threatened.

Jake pitied the woman who was crying on her knees, "Amy, why do we have to go to this extent? What's wrong with her having the child?"

"It's Mia. Do you think I'm playing here Noah? Get the child or you'll have loan sharks craving for your head. Which is better?" Amy felt she was becoming a lot generous.

Jake helped Mrs Davis to stand steadily on her feet and caressed the child's cheek with his thumb. "I haven't been a father in my life, but I know how it feels to be one. I took care of my niece for the past seven years and there was not a day where I thought she wasn't my child. You can trust Issac with me. I'll love him and protect him with everything I have. If you don't believe, you are free to come over to our place anytime and inquire your grandson's health."

The old woman was quite convinced by Jake's assurance. She gazed at her grandson's plump face to embed it in her mind. She pressed a soft kiss on Issac's forehead so as not to interrupt his slumber and passed him to Jake, who handled him precautiously like a delicate glass.

"I've packed him food for the return journey."The woman removed her shoulder bag and handed it to Amelia, "You are nowhere near to my Mia. She was selfless, but you are a perfect sadist."

"Really? I'm honoured. Not everyday I hear such endearments."

Mrs Davis squeezed Amy's hand, "Promise me you'll look after Issac just like his mother did."

"It lies in my priority what I do with the kid" Amy snatched the back and whirled around, starting on her way. Jake hurriedly made a bow to his pseudo mother and ran after Amy.

"Why were you so rude to the old woman?" proclaimed Jake.

"Pfft.. Rude? Have you already grown fond of your mother Noah?" Amy grumbled as she made long strides to the bus terminal.

"She could've taken good care of the kid. Even you didn't like the idea of parenting a child."

"Even now I don't. But if the boy was with the old hag, he would've ended up in an orphanage."

"What makes you think like that?" Jake cradled the kid to make him comfortable in his arms. Meanwhile Amy flagged a bus and climbed in. Jake followed her lead.

"Excuse me, does this bus stops at Thunder Bay?" Amy inquired the driver.

The driver scratched his head, "Am sorry Miss, ye are at Thunder Bay. Can ye be more particular on 'ere ye are goin, eh?"

"Oh, is it so? I think our destination lies at the Centennial park."

"You're in young lady. The first stop is yer destination. Five dollars please."

Amy turned back to Jake and flashed him a smile, "Noah honey, give the baby, I'll make him warm inside. Can you pay for the tickets?"

Involuntarily Jake heard himself say 'Sure' and give the child to Amy. He stepped in the bus, dropped a new five dollar Canadian bill and tore his ticket from the printer, still his eyes set on Amy grinning like a Cheshire cat, "Damn, why is she so cute while smiling?" he asked himself.

"Err..Cause ye love er?" The driver made a suggestive remark while starting the bus.

"You have no idea" Jake retorted and carried the bags into the bus.

Amy solemnly stared out of the window while skimming her fingers over the baby's raven black hair. Issac unconsciously was more comfortable with Amelia and snuggled up against her. Jake slumped loudly on the bus seat to invoke his omnipotent presence.

As Amy didn't take any initiative to start an indulging conversation, Jake stuck on to his unanswered questionnaire. "Why are you so sure Noah's mother can't take care of Issac?"

"If you're in a mood to fight, very well I encourage it. But don't forget you are the Noah you are talking about." Amy didn't dare to turn back to Jake, knowing what would be his next question.

Jake made out a tune by cracking his knuckles. "Sorry, for I don't have any experience in changing identities or personalities. Okay, now answer my question without giving any excuses."

Amy shielded Issac from the sunlight penetrating through the window, " The thing is, I learned about Mrs Davis's medical conditions and witnessed it today. Did you notice that she couldn't stand properly in a place?"

"Wasn't that because you were threatening to take her beloved grandson away from her?" Jake suspected.

Amy snorted with a tinge of humor, "That's a very lame excuse. She must be suffering from arthritis for at least a year. She refuses to take treatment because she wouldn't be able to take care of Issac. Now, her treatment is paid for and her grandson is under proper care. Isn't it a winwin?"

Jake's face became thunderstruck and petrified to convey any possible emotions. Out of tantalizing remorse he gathered up courage to croak a 'sorry'.

"I don't need a apology. I need you to do something else."

Jake eagerly leaned forward, close to Amy's face, "Anything for you, hon"

"No no no nonono, I didn't ask this kind of something" Amy leaned back to the window, "I was just curious about your hair. Why are you wearing the beanie from morning. Did you have a bad hair day?"

"That" Jake pulled the beanie off his head, "is because of this."

Amy drew a sharp breath, "Jake, say I'm not dreaming"

Jake hung his head in embarrassment, " I regret my recklessness now. How do I look?"

"For Christ's sake why did you put on burgundy color on your hair?"Amy held back the laughter that erupted from her throat, "Didn't you get any better colors? You look gay-"

"Stop. Forget I asked such a question." Jake grunted, "You know, seeing the cut on your head, even I wanted to resemble Noah to the extent of my limited ability. I didn't want to fail you." he gently stroke the formed-by-scalpel scar on Amy's forehead.

His touch and the earnest gaze electrified Amy's nerves, setting her heart ablaze. Amy cleared her throat, "I think.. I think.. I didn't take my medicine. I feel kinda anxious."

"I ain't a doctor but am sure no medicine could cure this kind of anxiety" Jake pressed his forehead against Amy's, slithering his hand around her neck. Amy would've gladly sought the help of her alters if not for Issac.

The little child wailed from a nightmare. Amy hugged him to her chest and comforted him, telling that everything was alright. Issac was convinced as he sank back to rest.

Amy got back to her solemn site seeing. Her eyes zoomed in as it caught on a stupendous scenery. Beyond the gleaming waters of the lake superior, Amy saw a green patch of peninsular land which portrayed a human form.

"Doesn't that look like a human sleeping over the surface of the water?" she gaped.

"Indeed. It is the sleeping giant, one of the major tourist attractions of Thunder Bay" said Jake.

"Hope I could see it a little closer"

"I'll take you over there" promised Jake.

Amy rose in excitement. "Will you? Really? But it appears to be too far"

Jake pulled the beanie on his head. "Chill down babe, where there is a Jake, there is a way"

"Oh dear, you have a serious misconception of the proverb, don't you?" Amy cocked a sympathetic eyebrow at Jake.

"I promise. We'll go there together. You, Issac and me. As a family."

FAMILY

FAMILY

FAMILY

The word rung several times in Amelia's head until there came glances of relevant incidents.

The Hamilton family doesn't include Amelia Hamilton anymore.

You all have betrayed me.

I'll cut myself if anyone comes near me.

Amelia crouched over Issac crushing her blouse over her sternum using her fist. Intense pressure made of fear, guilt and insecurity were built on her chest.  She wanted to run into some wild forest screaming off her throat. Black spots danced before her vision.

"Amy, Amy, don't lose yourself" Jake's voice became softer and softer to her ears until it was gone forever.

____________________

The scarce population of the bus crowded around them. The driver suggested to turn the bus to a nearby hospital, which Jake humbly refused. The imagination of the passengers elevated from wild to wilder.

"Why did she faint?"

"Is she pregnant?"

"Poor kid. She must be suffering from a chronic illness to faint all of a sudden"

Jake getting tired of hearing all degrees of void stories rose up, "I'm sorry but I would like if all of you go to your respective seats and let my poor wife here to get some air. She's just-" he would've blurted 'changed personality' before it dawned on him, they were on a public bus, "She's just dehydrated"

The Canadian people exactly made up for Ellie's description. They were so kind that they gave Jake few reassuring pats on his back before going to their seats. Issac squealed with laughter on waking up. Amy jerked up to a straight posture. Jake's instinct made him grab Issac from Amy's hands. He apprehended the flow of events wouldn't go as planned. Issac licked all over Jake's face, delighted to have a unexpected reconciliation with his father.

Jake made Issac lie on his shoulder "Yeah sweetie pie, I love you too. But can we do this licking part later and go to sleep?"

Issac grumbled something in infantish language but eventually slept hugging Jake's neck. Amy lousily pointed at Issac.

"What that thing was doing in my hand?" she grumbled in a hoarse voice. Her eyes were covered by dark circles.

Dark circles?

DARK CIRCLES!!

"Finnick? Let it not be you" worried Jake.

"Wow, such a cordial welcome. Anyways it is not Finnick. Its N-I-C-K, Nick. Just Nick." Nick squinted at Jake's head, "How dare you steal my beanie?" He lunged at Jake and snagged his hat by force.

"Ouch.Why you and Leo are so particular on wearing a hat?" Jake demanded.

Nick flared with murderous intensity, "That's none of your business."

The bus halted at the Thunder Bay terminal. Jake grabbed all their bags and threw one at Nick to unload at their stop. Jake unloaded everything with care whereas Nick footballed Amelia's bag, leaving behind the passengers of the bus awestruck by a dehydrated girl's sudden burst of stamina.

The walk to the Centennial park was something that was supposed to be enjoyed. The fresh air that had an agreeable coldness, the tall and thick pine trees which obstructed the penetration of sun light, the fusion of random birds chirping from random trees and squirrels running in an unorganized manner in pursuit of walnuts were things that had Jake occupied for hours or even days if he had his bike. But, having the demon himself by the side, didn't make him much of a nature lover.

"Find your way back or be stranded in the jungles. I'm leaving." proclaimed Nick.

"No you shan't. You're coming along with me to find the Campbell estate" Jake's voice shook as he tried commanding Nick.

"I shan't?" Nick squeezed Jake's shoulder to a pulp, "From when did you think you have the liberty to give orders to me?" From his shoulder Nick's hand slithered to the back of Jake's head and yanked a handful of burgundy dyed hair.

"Argh.. Let go." scowled Jake in the severe ache at the back of his head. Nick knew the right points to make someone writhe in pain.

"I'll go with your permission as you wished. Now tell me. Shall I go or accompany you on the way?" Nick smirked like a badass.

"Go wherever the hell takes you, I don't care. Just. Let. Go." Jake grunted from the bottom of his throat.

"Fine, so be it" Nick released the hold and started on his way.

_______________________

The Campbell estate had a maze of gardens with exotic flowers and barren branches afflicted by the fall. Amidst the dark brown foliage bloomed a neoclassical building with a collaborated architecture of Greek and Rome buildings. Jake would've gaped at the stupendous work, if not he had been to the Hamilton Mansion. In comparison, the Hamilton Mansion had class and a touch of generosity which the Campbell estate lacked.

Jake fortunately crossed paths with one of the janitors of the Campbell estate who rode on a buggy uphill. The janitor whose name Jake found to be Mr Roy, was partially deaf. Jake had to increase his decibels twofold for him to atleast have a hint of what he talked.

They were given a warm welcome by Mrs Roy. She helped his husband with the grocery bags and bowed to Jake, "How can I help you sir?" she asked.

Mr Roy came forward to give a formal introduction. "Honey, I found the man with the kid stranded on the way. His wife will join us soon to give us a hand."

"Roy, it's cold here. Go in and warm yourself in the kitchen fire, I'll look after them." Mrs Roy steered her husband into their quarters that was hidden by an unobtrusive corner of the neoclassical building and ran back to the porch. Jake handed the envelope given by Noah's mother. She read the letter to its last word, neatly folded the paper and inserted it back into the envelope.

"Thank God you are already here. Right now we have only one guest but as it begins to snow next month the estate would be overflowing with visitors. Myself and Roy couldn't have managed the rush by ourselves. We've been asking the estate owner to give us assistance for months."

Mrs Roy lead the way to their quarters, "Roy has slight difficulty in hearing. I'm sorry if he created a ruckus over the way"

"Not at all Mrs Roy" made up Jake, "We would've been lost if not for Mr Roy's generosity to help us." he smiled while rubbing his parched throat.
_____________________

Mr Roy took his usual cup of evening tea to the guest of the estate. The long drive from the grocery market to the estate didn't encourage his knees to go for a weary walk. He looked for someone to thrust his work, and that was when he spotted a young man trying to get in by climbing the high wall of the estate.

"Hey you spineless male, get down right now" he yelled. Mr Roy's roar of a command unnerved Nick. He lost his grip on the crevasses of the wall and sailed down.

THUD.

Nick walked out of the bushes with twigs sticking out of his head.

"Who are you?" enquired Mr Roy.

Nick remained silent.

"Are you the new helper?"

Again no reply.

"Okay, if you are the new assistant take this tea to the guest inside" The teacup and the saucer clattered at the base due to Mr Roy's unsteady hands. Without waiting for a reply he thrusted the cup in Nick's hands and headed back.

Nick grinned as he came just right in time to meet the guest. He came across tall Greek style pillars and a roman style arch at the verandah. Since the door was unlocked, Nick barged in without knocking.

The hint of a strange drug surrounded Nick by its strong smell . He felt dizzy just by its fragrance. As he moved in, the smell became stronger and stronger. His throat became dry and vision deteriorated on the increase of dosage. Frantically he searched for any source of water. His sense of cognition played Judas on him. He began to hear paranormal laughter echoing through all the corners of the building.

"Pleased to meet you again, Nick" greeted someone who appeared to be a mere silhouette to Nick's eyes. But he recognised the voice which was engraved deep in his mind.

"Mutual feelings, Orion"

The tea stained the white floor with the cup and the saucer breaking into a million shards which could never be fixed.

______________________

AN: Hey everyone! How did you like this new phase of Amy's life as Mia? I promise, you really have lots to see.

The Sleeping giant is really a form of a mountain, existing at the Sibley peninsula that looks like a human lying on his back when viewed from the West to North West section of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.

I've attached a picture of the Sleeping giant at the beginning of this installment.

Votes and comments are highly appreciated.

Happy reading :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 221 28
Kiara Blackmoon. A powerful Alpha whose pack was slaughtered not too long ago. Now a rouge, she has been on the run, hunted by the same people who t...
348K 14.5K 99
[COMPLETED ✔] Amelia was all alone on earth. Suffering from hunger, thirst, and pain. She waits for her to die. The most she had been regret in her l...
4.5K 620 38
To be unpublished soon and rewritten! Featured on @DarkFantasy's, @Dangerous Love's, @Ghost's, @Ya's, @Paranormal's, @Fright's, @WattCliches, @Histor...
95.7K 2.6K 53
HIGHEST RANK #1 infatuation #1 tonimahfud #5 dark romance #1 abusivecontent Amelia Hutton, an 18-year-old with a captivating charm, exudes an efferve...