The True Alpha

By HappyFairy13

#15 in Werewolf on 3 September 2017 Bring this beautiful world of werewolves in our lives and then talk about... More

Before You Start
Extra: The Packs
#1 The "Mate"
#2 The Deserving Luna
#3 The Commander
#4 The little dive into the past.
#5 The fight.
#6 The Fight For Right.
#7 The Heart brake.
#8 The Club
#9 The Emerging Luna
#10 The Familiar Stranger
#11 The Smell Of Death.
#12 The Tale Of Demise.
#13 The Chosen Alpha.
#14 The Heir
Author's Note
#15 The Visit.
#16 The Danger.
#17 The Fest Part-1
#18 The Fest Part-2
#19 The Plan.
#20 The Kidnapping
#21 The Escape
#22. The Captor's Story
#23 The Disclosure
#24 The Sacred Moon
#25 The Brown Eyed Man.
#26 The Story Behind Ava's Life.
#27 The Story Behind Elias's Life
#28 The Road to Home
#29 The Power Discovered
#30 The Paroxysm
#31 The Revelations
#32 The Countdown - Day Thirteen
#33 The Secret Source
#34 The Countdown - Day Twelve
#35 The Feeling Of Falling In Love
#36 The Countdown- Day Eleven
#37 The Mystery Behind Rachel's Death
#38 The Countdown- Day Ten
#39 The Mark
Kael's Book
#40 The Betrayal of Alphas- Day Nine
#41 The Countdown- Day Eight
#42 The Insight Into Mischa's Life
#43 The First Born
#44 The Countdown- Day Seven
#45 The Sudden Changes
#46 The Countdown- Day Six
#47 The Countdown- Day Five
#48 The Countdown- Day Four and Three
#49 The Countdown- Day Two (Part I)
#50 The Countdown- Day Two (Part II)
#50 The Creature Borned
#52 The Monarch
Acknowledgment

#51 The AfterWar

6.2K 309 34
By HappyFairy13

The longest and last second chapter of this entire book. Enjoy!

Don't forget to give your views. I'll be waiting for all of them. Hope you like this. Last Chapter will be published next Tuesday.

***

ELIAS

The intensity of her words hits me hard and I stagger taking a step back. I look at Ava who is glaring at everyone on the battlefield.

I turn back at moon goddess “Ava doesn’t have control over her body, does she?”I ask even though I know the answer already.

Actually she has no idea who she is” the moon goddess replies as she flows in the direction I am standing.

“But how will this end-..” I stop as I turn and my eyes lands on the clear space.

She left.

I quickly swivel around to see Ava growling loudly as she squats a little and gains enough momentum before jumping as high as no one ever did and landing perfectly on fully grown wolves. Using back of her palm she makes a clean swipe, hitting everyone in its path.

She's like a living form of apocalypse. I don't know who is more dangerous for us, Ava or Aaron.

I shift from my place and take a single step forward, towards Ava and her head turns as quick as wind and her dark red eyes falls on me. I stop as my leg freezes mid step and I take a step back.

How did she recognize a slight change in a field full of werewolves? Her senses are a hundred times better than us.

I see Kael and James standing behind me and confused, I glare at them. How on earth did James get into the battlefield and when?

Kael suddenly jumps forward and punches me in my guts using my distracted state of mind. I avoid the punch with a narrow escape and quickly somersault avoiding his next attack.

It does not take me long time to figure that they are being controlled by Ava and they have no idea what they are doing.

It's cowardice to hide in a battlefield, even more cowardice when you are an Alpha and an Enforcer at that, but right now I see no other opportunity. I duck and kick Kael before he can kick me, making him flying back towards James.

I give no thought to this before I quickly reach down towards James and push him off the battlefield with me. I drag him as far as I can. I know he can't control himself, he will move only when Ava or better yet, moon goddess commands him. So there's no chance of him reaching out to hurt me.

What would Ava do in this situation? I question and let this question float in my mind as I get closer to the medical camps.

I see Mellisa outside of the camp with her hand on her heart and she takes deep breath as she watches me.

Ava is a True Alpha by birth. This means she was supposed to rule the entire werewolf species. She was powerful even then, enough to soak the moon goddess spirit. But she never realized the extent of her powers. This instinct wouldn't get lost even if she is turned now. Her true abilities won't ever go.

Ava also creates a serene atmosphere wherever she goes and can put even the nasty rogues into peace.

Now that moon goddess is controlling her changed state and her two powerful counterparts Kael and James. It's only Ava's True Alpha inside that can help us.

I dig the heel of my legs hard on the sandy field as I lose my speed quickly and stop before I can reach the camp. I see Melissa running towards me and I drop James on the ground.

My bet is that if Ava can't see him, she can't control him.

A thought suddenly strikes me hard. When moon goddess warned Ava she also told her to find her two halves. There must be some significance of her two halves other than being controlled by her for their powers.

But what could it be?

“Alpha Elias you need to hear me out.”Mellisa shouts just as I turn to get back in the battlefield.

Mellisa breathes as she places her palms on her knees and looks up at me.

“Ava has been feeling weak, very weak, that was because moon goddess spirit was hyperactive from yesterday and preparing herself for using Ava's strength. I couldn't understand this earlier and I gave her some false energy after she asked me to. That resulted in moon goddess spirit soaking up all of that energy and growing stronger than she was supposed to and accelerated the changing process”she spoke out in one breath and finally stops as she notices my wolf growling.

Its dark now very dark and from the camp I can't even see the battlefield clearly. But my previous musings have bought me on one conclusion. There's only one way to bring out her true Alpha side, her true wolf only one way to bring out my Ava.

She had to bring out her true Alpha powers. That was what the moon goddess meant when she warned Ava.

And what's the only way to satisfy your queen?

Make her your Queen.

Submit.

***
Ava/Lycan

I see those creatures dividing. One half of them move back and I growl loudly making them stop in their places.

The other half stands as they did earlier irritating me further. I don't like that they have weapons. I raise my hand and see Kael appearing in my line of vision.

Good.

I watch the show just as I force him to raise his powers. He generates a little amount of fire in his hand and that irks me.

That’s not enough.

Throwing his body down I clutch his hand in mine and absorb the energy straight out of his hands.

The itchy sticks fly again and scratch my skin and from somewhere I hear someone shouting something like, “Throw the poison arrow”

Arrow, this is it. Something in my brain tells me that these itchy sticks are called Arrow.

They are really itchy. They are sharp and pickle my skin.

I groan in discomfort as I raise my hand and channel my energy towards the fire raging in my left hand.

I hum in satisfaction as I feel the energy coursing through me and I release the small fireball on the creatures in front of me.

Cocking my head to my side, I see them running and howling.

These creatures can't even survive a little fire?

Pathetic.

They deserve to die anyway.

The numbers of these creatures have reduced to half; but my inner thirst is not satisfied. I want to see blood more blood.

Red. I like red. Like red blood.

I finally take a stride towards the creatures and see them backing away.

Coward creatures.

I take another step as they all huddle together and finally transform into their true form.

I control my laugh as I see their pathetic true forms.
They look so soft and so small and walk on four legs. Huh. Who walks on four legs?

I reach between of this group of creatures and growl loudly as I see them jumping on me one after another. 

I hear a loud noise and that hurts my ear. I clutch my ear as something hits my legs and I stagger.

Whatever hit me is stubbed and stuck on the thick layer of my skin. Just the moment I bend to remove the little metal thing, from my hindsight I see all of them jumping on me.

I growl as they land on me and catch me off guard. I fall back and use my hands to balance my weight.

The other divided group of creatures who were silent by now suddenly decides to grab their weapons. That irks me again.

I thought those were nice creatures.

I reach out and grab the nearest four legged creature and hurl it at the other group of creatures to warn them not to move.

Something inside me protests against the idea of hurting any of the creatures from this group so instead of focusing on this feeling, I go back at what I was doing earlier.

These pathetic creatures.

I grab another four legged creature and bite hard on his stomach. He howls loudly but his pain soothes my soul. I throw him back at his friends and grab another. Biting into his skin, I watch in fascination as his blood trickles down through my canines and into my mouth.

Hmm.. this is delicious.

And oh so suddenly I have the urge to have more of this.

I don't want to burn them because that will destroy their blood.

I grin and the four legged creature in front takes a step back.

As I move forward they keep on going back and back and finally take off the field.

No. That won't happen.

I run behind them and throw my body over them.

Digging my claws on one of the creature I use my canines to rip off his skin and throw his body away on the ground.
It makes a loud thump sound and I groan in satisfaction at the taste.
I want more.

There's a part which is again resisting. It wants me to turn around. But why should I listen to it? It does not provide me satisfaction.

I grin as I take in the scared faces of these creatures.

They were not scared earlier when they raised their weapons against me.

Kneel” A loud powerful voice commands behind me and the word rings clear in my head. So clear that I turn to find the bluish-green eyed creature behind me with other creatures like him on his side.

As if he is the leader of the group, the entire creatures suddenly fall down on their knees and bow down their heads.

I turn around to face them as I growl loudly at the bluish-green eyed man. His eyes widens for a second before he looks behind him and then at me.

He still stands firm on his legs and that is not acceptable to me.

I bare my canines at him and hiss out right before he finally gives up and falls down on his knees in front of me.

That's right.

But the other group of creatures behind me used the same time to get back at me, thinking I was too distracted.

I grin and quickly turn and grab the neck of a man who stood too close for my liking.

I use only a little more force than necessary on his neck and pull him up. But unfortunately I used more power than necessary and in the process managed to uproot his head off his body.

His head still lies in my hand as his body falls down in the pool of his blood.

What a waste of perfect delicious blood.

I shake my head in annoyance. I look at the creatures in front of me now who look unsure of what to do next as their sneak attack was not sneak anymore.

They are my food. I show them a big hearty grin before calmly walking forwards.

We shouldn't play with our food. Hmm.

Enough play, it's time to end this game.

I bring out my claws and extend them a little, just in case. Baring my canines and squinting my eyes, I look closely at the group of creatures. The one in the middle oozes with power. He'll be the most delicious prey.

Taking a moment I let my senses take over and throw the body of Kael away from the ground towards the group of creatures who are kneeling.

But no one dares to stand or even look ahead. Hmm. That's good.

I crack my neck before I eye the first creature.

Before he can blink, I launch myself in the air and dig my claws in his chest and throw him away. I don't wait to see where he goes as I aim at the other four legged creatures. Jumping in the air I force my body to rotate and move down at faster pace than normal.

My claws extend out and rip off every creature that comes in my way and I rip open the powerful creature making his blood splash all around and then finally landing perfectly on the heap of dead creatures.

I retract my claws as I give a final look to the dark red moon and close my eyes.

The dark arena gives a sense of comfort as I close my eyes and stand on the heap of my enemies.

It's satisfying and relaxing.

I open my eyes and suddenly everyone is on their knees. Their neck bowed down and showing their neck to me.

The lightning strikes hard at the same moment lighting up the entire sky and it gives me a vivid look of the entire field.

Everyone is on their knees submitting to me. They make a circle around as I stand high above from them.

It calms me as I look at everyone. The bloodlust subsides as I retract my claws and hide my canines.

I look at the moon and howl as loud as I can, stating my claim over these creatures. I fought and won over all of them single handed.

The howl echoes hard all over the field and mixes with the strong breeze sending the news of my claim all around.

I growl again and soon my growl is followed by howls and growls of every other creature present in the field which mixes with mine and echoes throughout the atmosphere. 

***

ELIAS

Her howl was indication that no one fights against the Queen and stays alive to see another day. I see most of the wolves shivering at her howl. What surprised me was in her blood lust Ava didn’t recognize the person she just killed.

Seconds before she uprooted the head of Alpha Garrett the Alpha of Moonlit pack. And finally she made all the wolves submit to her when she launched herself in the air and landed beside Alpha Aaron and gave him a slow painful death before standing on his dead body and declaring her claim over us.

I won’t say he didn’t deserve it. With all the people who died because of Aaron, it was probably good that Ava killed him avenging all those people, earning the loudest howl from Regina’s wolf in gratitude. But her way of killing was so brutal that it shook us to our cores.

Hail the Queen!” Ron shouts as he bows his head in submission just when Ava stops howling.

I stood in the front row with Xander, Ron, Eric and our wolves. Amazingly only few of us lost their lives and most of us were smart not to fight against Ava. Even though she wasn’t recognizable in her transformed state but the aura around her was enough to make others stay away from harming her.

James is at the camp and Mellisa is probably looking after him. Maybe she can treat him some way. I don’t know that yet but I need to go with the flow for now unless I discover a way out of it.

Ava closed the mind link between us before the fight and I could not mind link with her. Maybe now I can try to bring her back but what I know for sure is that I need to do something to bring Ava back before the sacred moon ends otherwise we'll lose her permanently.

Adrian hums in agreement as he pushes inside my head. He is fidgeting a lot today and everyone is on his nerves. I can’t talk to him right now and I am sure it has something to do with Ava’s transformed state.

Suddenly Ava stills and it felt like everyone stopped breathing for a moment. We held our breaths as Ava got off the dead body of Alpha Aaron and jumped down with a loud thump.

She sniffs loudly as she turns around and looks behind her back. The battlefield is a sandy desert but after a few miles the lush green forests are easily visible indicating the start of Ava’s pack.

I have no idea what is happening with her but she never lets anyone of us to get up and growls at any attempt.

She takes long confident strides towards the forest when I finally sense the intrusion. In between the war and Ava’s changing form, we completely forgot about the humans.

Though if Ava can fight an army full of dangerous wolves and Alpha’s alone then humans must be a piece of cake for her but we can’t let that happen right now.

Our initial plan was to capture the human leader and kill the hunters. We can’t kill the innocent humans who are paid to be here and most of whom are not even aware of our presence.

I run my mind fast but no possible solution comes in my head to prevent Ava from killing the Humans.

I watch Ava as she stops in the middle of the battlefield and a large army of humans soon comes out of the forest and surrounds a large area over the battlefield.

Kael and James.

I need them. I still don’t know the importance of her two halves but I am sure they will help me.

I mind link Eric to bring James here while I distract Ava.

Eyeing Ava, I find her concentrated at the army in front and quickly grab Kael through the Collar of his shirt.

Kael looks exhausted. As if someone sucked all of his energy mercilessly out of him. I feel bad for him but it’s not the right time to act on my feelings.

Before I could think of this I jump in the battlefield just in time as Ava extracts her claws out and runs towards the humans.

I push Kael to my side and lay him down before running after Ava. The human leader is hidden somewhere and has forced other humans with hunters in front. I can see the big guns they have in their hands, aimed at Ava and I am sure the bullets are laced with poison.

The one thing they don’t know is that the poison won’t work on Ava’s new form.

A human raises his gun and aims directly at Ava’s chest. I watch it in slow motion as the bullet releases from the gun and strikes at its determined location.

Ava groans loudly as she staggers on her step and clutches her chest. I see the blood oozing out of her body but I gasp in surprise as she releases her hand and suddenly her wounds are healed.

Ava is truly changed.

Ava charges at the first man and throws his gun away before clutching him in her hands and using him as a human shield against all the bullets flying her way.

Ava raises her free hand in the air and from my hindsight I see Kael getting up suddenly running towards Ava. What I miss is James, almost sleepwalking towards Ava.

Taking a second before she does exactly what she did earlier.

She takes a moment to absorb the fire and water.

She lashes the high waves of water first, drowning a lot of humans in its vague and then releases the waves of fire right after it. The elements do their damage even before I could take a step ahead to help them.

Not anymore.

I can’t let Ava do this to the innocents.

I mind link my warriors to be on standby and the medical camp to be ready with the antidote.
I command them to wait and capture the human leader when I take Ava away from them.

I run with all my might and throw myself over Ava dragging her behind.

Her connection with Kael and James ends right at the moment I jump on her.

Ava growls loudly before she clutches my wolf’s hind limb and presses hard on it.

I groan loudly at the pain but manage to grab Ava’s left foot and make her miss her balance and stumbling on the field and falling down on the ground.

“Ava! Stop!” I try again and hang in for the strongest bond that moon goddess has created for us wolves.

The mate bond.

Moon Goddess would never do something so wrong without a reason and cure.

Our world needed a leader. We have Ava now. But we need Ava not the spirit controlling her.

Ava’s hand reaches towards me and suddenly stops for a second. She looks confused but then she again moves ahead and digs her claws on my ribcage dragging it down and ripping my skin coming in its way.

I jerk hard trying to release out of her hold when a fire ball lands on Ava’s hand and she retreats her hand quickly releasing her hold on me. Too weak to hold my werewolf state, I shift into my human form and groan loudly at my pain.

I take a breath as I feel the wounds deeper than they should.

The source of the fireball; Kael comes behind me and gives me his hand.

He lends me support as I stand using the strength of his hands.

“One day Ava landed inside my brain.” Kael suddenly speaks. I notice James coming from behind and creating a big water bubble around us in a vain attempt in protecting us.

Kael and James alternatively keeps on hitting her as I stay behind trying to get hold my body.

“She also got inside James’s brain. That is how she controls us now.” Kael finishes just before Ava growls loudly and lunges at us.

James manages to stop her using a huge wave of water that buys us some more time.

“But why is she not able to control you right now?” I question groaning in pain as I lightly touch my chest and look at the blood in my hand.

“She needs both of us together and immobile to get in our mind. By attacking her alternatively we are not giving her the chance to control us.” James answers that for me and quickly reaches out to me and holds me at arm’s length.

“That needs medical attention. Even if you’re a powerful Alpha, this won’t heal by itself. I can also feel your power level deteriorating immensely looks like she found a way to absorb your energy too.” He looks down in regret before he whispers, “She is more powerful than what we could have ever thought.”

I sigh and suddenly growl as James is ripped away from me. I don’t get a chance to see where he lands because right now I see two dark red pool of eyes glaring right at me.

I try to move but I’m immobile.

I use my energy to take a last sweep over the battlefield and find Xander leading the wolves and controlling the humans.

At least that is done.

I close my eyes for a nanosecond and glance back at Ava. My weak, battered and naked body presses against her while she elongates her claws and digs them deep into my skin.

I close my eyes in pain but choose against hurting my Ava.

I can’t hurt her. Never.
She may be lost but she is my mate.

She bares her canines and cocks her head to the side giving me a once over before her canines dig in my neck.

Interestingly, it doesn’t hurt.

I hum in pleasure as I feel like I have been marked again by my transformed lycan mate here.

She releases me as if I burned and the recognition flashes in her eyes.

I lay on the ground counting my breath as I am sure I will die today.

I can’t survive the lack of energy, the big wound and all the blood loss.

I am suddenly lifted in air and I partially open my eyes to find Ava searching for my eyes.

The moment her eyes make contact with me, everything stills.

I feel it.

She is inside my mind. She is reading my thoughts and watching my memories.

I reminisce my harsh life and then presence of my sister; Mischa. She goes through my beautiful memories of when Ava entered in my life. She stops at the particular memory of me marking her and then moves forward to all the war planning and secret moments with my sleeping mate. She finally stops where she blocked me out of her mind.

I suddenly land on my legs, a little gently this time and a myriad of feelings suddenly passes through me. I look straight just as it dawns on me that those are not my feelings and meet the beautiful hazel brown eyes of my mate.

She smiles as she caresses my cheek and as if realization hits her hard, she suddenly moves away from my body.

Without Ava’s support, I fall down on the ground, hard.

From my hindsight I see my mate rushing towards me and sitting beside me on her knees. She grabs my palm and rubs it but it brings no change.

I look at Ava, in her beautiful hazel brown eyes before I close my eyes at peace.

I can die in peace in her arms. 

I am at Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.7K 30
Haley is a shy girl who became mute after her parents were murdered. She lives with her childhood neighbors who have to move to a different state. Wi...
1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
21.1K 1.9K 63
Five hundred years ago, the Moon Goddess created the werewolves, as many other Gods had also created a race of their own. She gave them a gift...a fa...
7.3M 219K 54
As a weak and powerless human, Eve was never meant to survive. Through a series of miracles, she finds herself taken in by werewolves. But she doesn'...