2 Fates, 1 Love

By RoseNiji

The Goldstein family is one of the most well-known family in Gedonelune. There is a contest called "The Lady... More

Progolue
Chapter 1 - A bad or a good impression?
Chapter 2 - A sudden reversal
Chapter 3 - Getting dressed up! A disaster at the dining room!
Chapter 4 - First lesson to be a Lady ~ Walking on high heels!
Chapter 5 - Second lesson to be a Lady ~ Lunch time!
Chapter 6 - It's tea time!
Chapter 7 - A Gentle Treatment
Chapter 8 - Traditional Lessons (Nightmare)
Author's POV
Chapter 9 - Klaus' Jealousy?
Chapter 10 - The Ignition
Chapter 11 - Injured
Chapter 12 - A Trip With Klaus
Chapter 13 - Passionate Love
Author's POV (2)
Chapter 14 - Confession
Chapter 15 - Returning Home
Chapter 16 - Klaus' Punishment
Chapter 17 - An Unexpected Gift
Extra - Elias' Punishment (?)
Extra 2 - An Idle Chat with Amelia
Chapter 18 - The Lady Contest & The Unexpected Guest
Chapter 20 - Mistake
Chapter 21 - Reservation and A Terrifying Plot
Chapter 22 - The Final Round
Final Chapter - Secret Revealing and An Eternal Love
Author's POV (3)

Chapter 19 - "Love"

156 10 0
By RoseNiji

The sudden meet with Miss Elaine, her superior, has drifted all the confidence earlier off her face. She cast her eyes to the ground, her tiny shoulders slightly trembled as she grasped the fabric of her dress, trying not to show her anxiety. That didn't escape Klaus' sight, either.

MC: Okay! That's all for the introduction! Let us start the first round of the contest!

A thunderous applause triggered as they heard the contest was about to start.

MC: Miss Elaine will be the one announcing the first round topic! If you please, Miss Elaine.

Elaine: Thank you. In the first round, you will go to the dressing room and find yourself an outfit that match with the theme, and then return to the stage in 30 minutes. Now then, I'll give you the theme myself.

Everyone held their breath, waiting for Elaine's announcement.

Elaine: The theme is...."Love".

Everyone was shocked hearing the theme, they started chattering and looked at Elaine with a puzzle look. The MC quietened the noises down.

MC: Ohh, how interesting! No further ado, the first round.....begin!

At the MC's declaration, a large clock appeared on the screen with a loud beep sound.

MC: Okay! The clock will start counting down after you've gathered at the dressing room.

The contestants quickly coming to the backstage to go to the dressing room. On the way, Klaus stopped Liz and talked to her.

Klaus: Liz, I can't go with you any further. I'll be watching you from the seats.

Liz: O-Oh...right... You won't...be here..

Liz looked sadly.

Klaus: *sigh* ..Don't think too much.

Liz: Huh?

Klaus suddenly took Liz's hand and looked into her eyes.

Liz: K-Klaus?

Klaus: ..You'll be fine. I know it. Just act normal like usual.

Liz: ...But Miss Elaine is here...

Klaus: Miss Elaine is Miss Elaine. And you are you. No one can replace my precious Liz.

Klaus flashed Liz a confidential grin, which made Liz blushed.

Klaus: You're air-head, clumsy and sometimes act like an idiot.

Liz: Ugh...

Klaus: ...But you're strong, you always work harder than anyone so everything will be fine. I'm sure of it. So raise your head and take pride in yourself.

Liz: Klaus...

Klaus: ..Although I won't be with you throughout the contest, but I'll be watching you all the time. So don't disappoint me.

Liz: M-Meanie! D-Don't make me nervous again!

Klaus: Oh..?

Klaus suddenly bent down and placed a kiss on her forehead, despite everyone's staring. When his lips moved away, the warmth from the kiss soon spread through Liz's face, as she blushed madly.

Liz: K-Klaus!

Klaus just lightly chuckled at her flustered reaction.

Klaus: You're going to be late if you keep standing there.

Liz: Grr!

Klaus: Good luck.

Klaus gave Liz's head a pat before spun around and walked away, leaving a slightly pouting Liz.

Liz: ...That meanie....I guess I better get going too.

Liz quickly chased after the contestants who have walked ahead.
As they reached the dressing room, a vast choice of dresses, shoes, bags, accessories, etc...appeared before their eyes.

Liz: Wow...! (This is even MUCH larger than my dressing room at  the Goldsteins!)

Staff: Alright everyone. You'll have 30 minutes to change. The theme is "Love". You may begin!

All the contestants started scrambling around the room, searching for the best outfit.

Liz: (I-I'd better get start too...)

Liz also started her contest. At first, Liz was running towards the elegant dresses shelf, which most of the contestants was gathering there too, intending to choose an elegant and expensive dress. She picked up a navy dress that covered all the top to her neck with long sleeves and a long skirt that covered her ankles.

Liz: This looks beautiful..!

Liz put it over her body to take a look when she noticed the silver necklace.

Liz: (...Ah...but it'll cover the necklace Klaus gave me..)

Memories started to flood back as she touched the necklace softly.

Liz: (Love huh...)

Liz: ....

Liz pondered for a while when she suddenly remembered something.

Liz: That's right..! Love is...!

Liz searched the other less expensive shelves and finally fiund what she wanted.

Liz: ...Found it!

Staff: 15 minutes left!

Liz: Ah shoot! I'd better hurry!

Liz quickly changed into the dress she chose.

........

Meanwhile, Klaus went back to his seat next to Elias,

Klaus: I'm back.

Elias: Oh, hello Klaus. It took you longer than I expected.

Klaus: Yeah, I had to comfort her a little, because of Miss Elaine.

Elias: ...True....I was shocked to see her her here, and also one of the judges. Why didn't Brother say anything to us? (oh yeah he means the eldest brother since Elaine is his fiancee)

Klaus: Who knows..

Klaus took his seat but he just kept staring at the clock and letting out sighs.

Klaus: *sigh* 20 minutes left...

Sigurd: *chuckle* Are you worried about Liz?

Klaus: ...I know she'll doing just fine without me.

Sigurd: Oh? I see that the word 'WORRIED' is written all over your face right now.

Klaus: ...S-Shut up..!

Klaus flustered at Sigurd's remark as he glared at him, his cheeks were slightly pink.

Sigurd: *chuckle* Oh! It's almost time for Liz to come out, so let's stop fighting.

Klaus: Tch...Fine.

Klaus reluctantly turned back to the stage as the final seconds started to counted down.
And 3...2...1....*beeeep*

MC: Time's over! It's time to judge their fashion! Lady no.1......

The contestants came out with their dresses when they were called. It seemed like there were a lot of ladies chose expensive and luxurious dresses and accessories. Except Chica wore a cute pink lolita dress, she waved and winked at Sigurd when she went on the stage. Her cuteness made several men swoon their heart. As for Kate, she was wearing punk-style top and trousers. She looked cold, but also cool and mature, which made men shiver before her coldness.
Every participants was asked why did they choose that dress, and some of them couldn't give an answer.

Sigurd: I wonder what will Liz choose thought...

Klaus: ....

MC: ..And now, Lady no.10, Miss Liz!

.........

Behind the stage, Liz heard her name was called, which made her tensed up again as she found her legs unable to move an inch.

Liz: (I-I gotta go..! Come on! My legs, please move!)

Liz held her silver necklace tightly in her palms and slowly took a breath.

Liz: (Breathe in....breathe out....You'll be okay...You've worked so hard just for this day...!)

Liz: ...Alright.

Liz finally made up her mind and straightened her posture, she walked towards the stage light.

Liz: (I'll be fine...because I know..Klaus is watching over me... So I won't disappoint him anymore..!)

The light enveloped Liz as she walked on the stage. Everyone was speechless before her.

Sigurd: ...A....plain white dress..?

Cerim: ...Isn't it too simple for a big contest like this...?

Azusa: ....I can't believe it..

Elias: Klaus...do you think she'll be okay..?

Klaus: ....

Despite everyone's worrying, a pleased smile spreaded across his lips as he looked at Liz. The others just stared at him confusingly. Even slight snickers could be heard from other contestants.
Liz was wearing a plain white dress that had two straps on the shoulder and tied into small ribbons on each side. The dress had three layers and small three simple buttons attached in the middle of the top. Liz chose to wear flower-shaped earings and two gold bracelets to match with her silver necklace that was exposed on her neck. Liz hair was tied up into pigtails like her usual hairstyle with two pink ribbons. Her white high sandals made noises in every step she walked. She walked to the center of the stage and looked at the audience with a confident smile.

Elaine: ...Miss Liz. Can you tell me why did you choose that dress?

Not being bothered, Elaine asked Liz the same question as everyone else with a gentle smile. Liz was staring at her, trying to find the right words to express her feelings.

Liz: ...Well, I know that this dress isn't suit for a contest like this but... To me, "Love" is....very plain, it was so simple that you wouldn't believe it. Love can easily make someone feel like they were the happiest person on this world...but with just a small mistake could break you into pieces. Although it's like that, everyone still has their 'special person' that they feel so attracted to, and they feel happy just being by their side.

Liz: He was very rude, mean at first...but then I realized that he is very kind inside.... Like this necklace...a very special person gave it to me...and it made me happier than any jewelry I have. "Love" is just like that, so simple. It doesn't need anything, as long as they're together... A-And...

Liz looked over to where Klaus was sitting. Klaus noticed that and smiled at her, which made Liz blushed a little and smiled happily.

Elaine: *chuckle* You look happy. Do you love your 'special person' that much?

Liz: Y-Yeah...

Elaine: *chuckle* How nice.

Elaine looked pleased as she wrote down on her papers.
After some discussion between the judges, they gave out the paper writing the names of whom have been chosen for the next round. The MC took the result paper and read it loudly.

MC: Well then, I'll present you the winners of the first round.

Liz: !!!

Liz held her breathe and quietly prayed.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.1K 17
𝐌𝐲 π’π­π«πšπ§π πž π‹π’πŸπž|. ❝𝖨'𝗆 π—‡π—ˆ π—π–Ίπ—‹π—‹π—‚π—ˆπ—‹βž Γ— Γ—Strength and courage aren't always measured in medals and victories. They are measured...
73.4K 2.7K 18
β™‘οΈŽβ™₯οΈŽβ‡¨ "AHHH!, ELIZABETH IS SO SO CUTE ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE'S BRAVE!!" ------------------------- In Which The Sin of Love known as [Name] Kanroji is o...
180K 3.7K 23
Everyone knows Esther being the mother of Freya, Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah and Henrik right? Well what if Esther isn't really their mother an...
228K 5.7K 14
Where Klaus Mikaelson reunites with his old lover that he cheated on and finds out she's built a family. Harry Potter/The vampirediaires/The orignals...