Teach Me How To Love

بواسطة VanessaBabyS

Demi had been confident in every aspect of her life. Failing at relationships was nothing new, it never phase... المزيد

In Denial
Someone's Best Friend
Last Word
If Only
Let It Rain
Paint The Night
Highlight
Sunshine Blue
What do you mean?
For You
Midnight
Hide and Seek
Childish Games
And She Kissed Me Like This
Guts Over Glory
Late Night
Stay
Nothing But Time
The Windy City
Forget Me Knot
Tag
What The Heart Wants
Welcome To Life 101
Dedicated To Love
Say Yes
Stories
Crossing The Line
After Effect
Losing Sleep
Comfort In The Panic
He Knows
It Ain't Me
Las Vegas: Part 1
Las Vegas: Part 2
Love Ain't Simple
Love Even Harder
Scattered
No Promises
Jar Of Hearts
The Start
Saying Goodbye
I See You
Touch Me With Slow Hands
I'm Sorry
Tell Me You Love Me
Stone Cold

Nerves

1.1K 50 20
بواسطة VanessaBabyS

~ Selena ~

     The past two weeks of my life seemed to have dragged on forever. Between the media finding out about my breakup with Nick, due to obvious reasons of them claiming I made out with Demi on stage and broke his heart. I just went with it. And the fact that she was slowly moving us through this process of not-dating but wanting to date phase, I was losing my mind. The morning breeze calmed me as I sipped on a cup of coffee near the pool. My eyes would find a ripple in the water and focus on it as I tried clearing my thoughts.

     "Honey, I'm home!" Taylor boomed, bursting through the double door as I faced her.

     "You should of called."

     "Why, am I interrupting something?" Her smirk caused me to roll my eyes as she sprawled herself across the lawn chair next to me. "What's going on?"

     "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I groan, my head still on Demi's persistence that we pace ourselves. It was a weird feeling to know that this woman was so madly in love with me that she wanted to be extremely careful in everything we did. Even if they included giving me space when I haven't asked for it.

     "So, how are things with Demi?"

     "The same as yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. And so on and so fourth since we've arrived home." I brushed my lips against the rim of my mug, taking a whiff of the coffee before facing Taylor. "I don't know what she's waiting for."

     "Maybe she's waiting for the press to stop hounding her about the kiss on tour. Because you do know that they believe she broke you and Nick up right?"

     "I don't care what they think."

     "Maybe Demi does."

     "I doubt it." The cool breeze soothed me as I began to slowly sip the drink between my hands. "I haven't seen her in four days."

     "Wow." My blonde friend sat up, "that sounds terrible."

     "My heart can't take the space between us." My chest would always do this cartwheel every time something reminded me of the woman. I closed my eyes just before I heard clicking next to me. Taylor's fingers had moved across her touch screen phone before she pressed the speaker button. I questioned what she was doing and to my surprise, heard a voice I hadn't expected to hear.

     "What do you want now?" Marissa's voice cut through the phone as I snickered.

     "It's Taylor." My friend informed the woman.

     "I know who it is. What is it? Get yourself stuck in a small space, you giant troll?"

     "Trolls are small." My friend snapped.

     "Like your brain." Marissa quipped.

     "Hi, Rissa." I spoke up to allow her to hear my voice. I was like the calm before the storm between these two.

     "Hey. What can I do for you Selena?"

     "I don't know." I shrugged, facing my friend as she rolled her eyes and leaned against the speaker.

     "Selena wants to see Demi." Taylor happily spoke up.

"What if she's busy?" Marissa teased.

     "Just get her here."

     "I suppose Selena would like her naked with a giant red bow across her chest as well." I could hear the woman laughing on the other end of Taylor's phone as I covered my face.

     "Don't...just...what?" I was a bit flustered and couldn't find the right words to halt this conversation. "I.. don't."

     "What?" Marissa snickered.

     "I'll talk to Demi on my own terms. And since when did you two share cell numbers?" I wondered as Taylor shrugged. "I can call Demi on my own, thank you very much."

     "Okay, call her." Marissa bossily stated.

     "I will."

     "Call her now."

     "How can I, when you're on Taylor's phone."

     "Use your own."

     "It's in the house."

     "Excuses, excuses." Marissa had went on for another few seconds before yelling goodbye through the receiver. Taylor smirked, facing me as I shook my head. The woman was practically enjoying my internal torment.

     "Are you and Marissa best friend's now or something?"

     "She's my nemesis. Can't live with her, can't live without her." My friend responded, standing before grabbing my hand and helping me to do the same. We wandered inside, my mug still snug against my fingers. For some reason I was feeling a bit nervous about calling my friend. What if she was busy? What if she was in the studio? What if she had a reason for not contacting me in four days? I frowned at my own thoughts, knowing the old Demi, when she left me, never gave a warning. It pained me to think about her doing such a thing now. It would definitely pierce me more this time around.

     "Dude, you made the list." Taylor squealed, hopping onto the island counter in the kitchen before grabbing my scribbled notes into her hand. Her eye darted through the small bullet points before she nodded. "Baby, you've got it bad."

     "I don't get her." I mumble. "First she tells me we shouldn't rush into things because of Nick. And now that he's out of the picture I feel as if everything has changed between us. Demi's usually this outgoing and crazy strong willed human being, but around me she's...."

     "Terrified?" Taylor added in. "Of course she is. You're everything she's ever wanted, idiot. She loves you so much that she's scared to screw it up."

     "I'm scared myself. This isn't something I usually get myself into. I mean, never in a million years would I have thought to leave my boyfriend of a few years just to try something that could potentially make or break the relationship that I have with Demi now." I sighed, laying my head against Taylor's lap as she ran her fingers through my hair.

     "You're a mess." My friend pinched my cheek as I shrugged.

     "I should call her, right?"

     "Yes."

     "But I don't know what to say."

     "Tell her you want to hang out. Or better yet, make her sing that song you forced her to promise you she'll get to."

     "I didn't force her to do anything." I moved away, sticking out my tongue before pouting. "I'll just call her."

     "Okay."

     "And I'll ask her to come over."

     "Uh huh."

     "And..."

     "Gross, Selena."

     "I wasn't even thinking that way. Marissa has really rubbed off on you." I place my coffee mug onto the side of the counter before crossing my arms. "So I should call right?"

     "Yes, Selena." Taylor hopped onto the floor, walking into the other room as I followed.

     "But what will I say?" I repeated from earlier.

     "Girl, if you ask me that one more time." Taylor quickly rose my phone into her hands from the side of the couch and placed it before me.

     "Ugh." I groaned. "I don't know why this feels weird. Why does this feel weird?"

     "Maybe because you might have it as bad as she does. You guys are scared to move onto the next stage, but I think you should talk about it. At least get it out of the way. Plus, you miss her, so." Taylor scrolled through the phone before hovering her finger over Demi's name. As I studied the smiley face and heart next to the brunette's name, Taylor sighed and quickly pressed the call button. I could feel my heart jump into my throat as I panicked, reaching for the device only to accidentally slap it onto the floor.

     "Crap." I whine, reaching to grab it as Taylor did the same thing.

     "This is cute. This side of you is completely adorable." My friend snickered to herself, just as the device stopped ringing and Demi's voice whispered into the air. My stomach flipped as I pushed my back against the couch, holding the phone up near my ear.

     "Selena?" Demi called to me once. "Sel?" Again.

     "Uh, hey." My voice was low, almost inaudible as the brunette softly smirked, I was sure of it.

     "How are you?"

     "You know...Taylor's here, so I'm okay I guess." I wanted to slap my head for saying such a thing as my blonde friend shook her head, creating kissy faces as I lowered my eyes onto the floor.

     "Are you busy?"

     "No." I quickly answered. "You?"

     "No."

     "That's good." I was practically yelling at myself in my head just before remembering I hadn't asked her about her day. "So, how are you?"

     "Good. I went out for a run a bit earlier. The massive amount of cars outside of my front door has dwindled, so I figured that was something to celebrate."

     "So you went out for a run?"

     "Yeah. I had to clear my mind."

     Silence. I don't know what was so hard about speaking to the brunette right now. It wasn't as if I was scared to talk to her, but I was however terrified of whatever her answer would be as to why I haven't heard or seen from her in four days.

     "So, are you doing anything later?" Demi snapped me out of thought.

     "I don't have any plans."

     "Good."

     "Good?" I questioned as Demi cleared her throat.

"I um, I have to go, but do you mind if I come to see you later?"

     "I haven't seen you in a few days, of course I wouldn't mind."

     "Okay."

     "So...around what time should I expect to see you?" It was as if the both of us were playing off of the other's words up until Taylor called out.

     "Hi, Demi!" My blonde friend broke the drifting silence.

     "Hi Taylor." The brunette on the other end giggled. "I'll just see you Selena. I'll talk to you later."

     "Okay." I nodded as if she could see me. Taylor almost burst into laughter at however I seemed to look right now. But before I could say anything, Demi's words brought those butterflies back to my stomach.

     "I love you, Sel." Her words caused an instant smile to spread across my face.

     "I love you too." We both hung up, and even though those words often came from us as friends, I felt it meant more.

     "You guys are adorable and sickening all at the same time. I love it." My friend clapped.

     "Stop hanging out with Marissa, it's bad for you." I stood up, wondering on what I should wear for later on in the day. I was already dressed in some jeans and a crop top, but I felt I wanted to wear something else. "Help me find something to wear."

     "Why? Aren't you just hanging out here with your new lover?"

     "Taylor." I groaned. "Help me!" I directed at her, just before running towards the steps leading to my room. The woman followed behind me, as I threw open the closest doors and peered inside. One item after the next was flung onto my bed as Taylor sorted through them. She moved skirts onto one side of the bed and tops onto the other. I even grabbed a few dresses before wondering if I should dress up or stay casual.

     "Demi would love this." Taylor began making noises as I faced her. She was holding up a red dress, trying to expose her leg as I rolled my eyes.

     "I'm not trying to kill her."

     "Why not? Aren't you two madly in love with the other?"

     "Taylor. Please, help." I continued tossing more clothes towards the woman just before facing my room. It was a mess. Three piles sat around the space as I pulled the last item from the walk in closet. I studied my options which Taylor sorted through before deciding on a soft pink sundress with thin straps.

     "Go try it on." My blonde friend waved as I rushed into the bathroom to change. In a matter of seconds I returned, the dress reaching just a bit above my knee.

     "How does it look?" I shrugged at the woman.

     "My little baby." Taylor smiled. "You look amazing. But now, let momma Taylor curl your hair."

     "I'm sure it's just a casual meet up." I try to reassure myself more than my friend.

     "I'm sure it is." She nodded, grabbing my hand before we both ended up in the bathroom. She began sorting through my curling irons before forcing me to stand next to her as she slowly curled the ends.

     "Taylor, after this, you should go." I sighed.

     "Kicking me out huh?"

     "I'm not, it's just that...I haven't seen Demi in four days and..."

      "You don't have to say anything." My friend stepped in front of me, a smile plastered on her face. "You want some alone time with her. But F-Y-I, your room is a mess so..."

     "What does my room have to do with anything?" I questioned as the woman finished off my curls.

     "Okay, have sex on the floor, why should I care."

     "Taylor!" I squealed, covering my face as my cheeks began to warm up. "Stop saying things like that." I muffled through my closed fingers.

     "I'm saying what you're thinking."

     "Relationships aren't just about sex." I scold her through my covered hands.

     "Believe me I know. But you so want to..."

     "Okay." I quickly shoved my friend back into the room. "I'm done with you." My hands stayed latched onto her back as I slowly pushed her into the hall. "You have to go."

     "I..."

     "In order for me to stop thinking so much, you have to go. You're worse than Marissa right now." I groan, just before we reach the stairs. "You suck at comforting me."

     "Are you sad?"

     "No."

     "Are you hurt?"

     "No." I repeated.

     "So what's the deal?"

     "Taylor, in order for my sanity to stay in tact, I need peace and quiet for a moment. And you're not helping." I quickly released my friend as we reached the front door, pulling her into a hug before quickly grabbing the doorknob. The second I pulled the frame open, standing before me, was Demi. My chest heaved as I smirked, slowly looking away and towards Taylor who towered over us both.

     "I'll be going now." My friend smiled. "Selena, don't do anything I wouldn't do." My blonde friend spat out before she skipped down the steps. I couldn't think or focus well as Demi sent a gentle smirk my way. Why was I so nervous?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

311K 5.2K 38
Demi Lovato Imagines. Hope you enjoy! Completed.
26.6K 696 26
This is the story of Demi and Alex.
71.1K 2K 31
Selena had always had a tough life. She grew up with little friends and family. She had little to believe in. That is until she meets Justin who teac...
35.3K 785 23
Demi Lovato is at the top of her career, but her personal life is not where she wants it at all. She's been struggling to stay strong. Dealing with h...