sessions

By nctpinktrash

Taeyong Lee is asked by the school principal to tutor a failing student, Jennie Kim. {JENNIE KIM X TAEYONG LE... More

introduction
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 12
final chapter
epilouge
author's note

chapter 11

2.1K 115 20
By nctpinktrash

Jennie was approached by an unexpected person. Not exactly unexpected, but unwanted. It was Yujin, carrying her books like a proper person. She had plenty thoughts on her mind, it seemed.

Jennie got over the small episode of illness from yesterday. She had puked a little bit after Johnny brought her home, and chatted her troubles away with Nayeon and Johnny.

"Oh, hey." Jennie greeted half heartedly.

"Hey, Jennie." Yujin greeted. "About yesterday, are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. I did end up being a bit sick." Jennie closed her locker.

"Taeyong told me about the two of you last night at dinner."

Taeyong, now walking in the school, sees the two girls and wonders what they're talking about.

"What'd you two talk about?"

"He told me that you two went out on a date. And how much you like him."

"Well, I'm sorry for acting like that yesterday. It was very rude of me."

Yujin put up her hands. "No, it's totally fine. I understand."

"If you two do have feelings for each other, then you should just go out."

"What about you? Feelings don't just turn off." Yujin leaned on the lockers.

"I'm well aware of that. I wish it were that easy," Jennie sighed, scratching her head. "But, I'm not going to fight over someone. You can have him." The uncomfortable feeling crept in Jennie's chest, but she pushed it down.

"I think it's up to Taeyong on who he wants. That boy is so..." she trailed off, smiling to herself.

"So?"

"He's so unsure of himself. I'm sure you know that."

Jennie nodded slowly.

"He doesn't know what he feels, but," she slightly faultered, "he'll fall in love with you soon. He's on his way."

Jennie was surprised with her statement, and couldn't come up with a response. Yujin left it at that, sadly walking away from Jennie before the bell rang. 

Jennie turned the corner to where Taeyong stood, realizing he had been caught listening. Jennie didn't look like she cared regardless. "Hey."

"H-hey," he stuttered.

"My car broke down, so I can't come over to your house to study. Could you maybe come over to my house?"

Taeyong nodded. "Of course, do you want me to drive you there too?"

"Yeah, I don't think my mom wants to get out of the house again. Thanks." Jennie smiled smally, and walked away.

As Taeyong drove after school, he noticed Jennie was a bit quieter than usual. She was leaning her head on the passenger side window, staring out in the white snow.

He remember hearing she was sick, and completely forgot about it. He reached behind his seat and retrieved a little bag. "Here, I got this for you."

Jennie turned her head on the window, towards the bag. She grabbed it with confusion and peered inside.

It was filled with a few coughdrops,  some tea bags, and a small little doll inside. There was a small "get well" card inside of it as well. Jennie smiled at the gesture, even though she wasn't sick anymore.

"Thank you," she smiled. Her energy was a bit higher after the gift;a hint of a smile was still on her lips. Taeyong felt a smile forming on his lips upon seeing this.

They were parked in Jennie's driveway now, this time Taeyong gets to go up into her house. Jennie was the first to get out. She unlocked the door to the house, with Taeyong being amazed. Her house was huge and beautiful. It was like he'd stepped back into time and was at the richest part of the city.

"Welcome to my home." Jennie raised her arm to address the room. "My mom wants to meet you, too."

As if on cue, her mother came into the room, still dressed in her pajamas, a bathrobe, and fuzzy socks. She held in her hand a cup of tea. Her mother looked like an exact replica of Jennie, but obviously an aged Jennie. Also a very tired one, from the looks of it.

"Oh, you're here." She approached the teenagers, studying the boy in front of her. "Thank you so much for taking her back home, I'm much too tired." Jennie's mother sighed tiredly.

"It's no problem," Taeyong smiled, slightly bowing. "I'm Lee Taeyong."

"So I've heard." She sips on her tea. "Come, have a seat on our couches." She turned around, showing them the way in the house.

She plopped right down on a couch, waiting for the kids to follow suit. "So, Taeyong," she set down her tea on the coffee table. "I heard you're in your last year of school. Thinking of what you want to do?"

"I want to create graphic designs." Taeyong answered, folding his hands. "I just sent in applications just recently."

"That's great, I hope that ends up well for you," she smiled. Jennie sat there a bit quietly, holding the doll in her hands.

The two began talking about various topics, such as colleges, what to do and what not to do in the near future. Before Jennie slept from boredom, she stood up. "Okay, mom I'm sorry but we need to study." She took Taeyong's arm and began walking away.

"Do you want any snacks?" Her mother called as they were walking up the stairs.

"No, thanks!" Jennie answered, already at the top of the stairs. Taeyong followed her to what seemed to be her bedroom, which was huge.

Lights strung around her room, her walls were adorned with various decorations, there was a desk and a tv in the corner, and her bed was massive, with little pillows strewn all over it.

"Nice room," he commented, taking it all in.

"Thanks, I didn't think I'd ever bring a boy in here." She joked, rearranging her pillows.

"Sorry for my mother's ramblings."

"It's okay, I liked it." He took a seat on her computer chair. "So, where's your dad off to?"

Jennie sat on her bed and sighed sadly. "He's living at a friend's house. My parents are in the middle of a divorce."

Taeyong felt like he was hit by a book. He suddenly felt like it was a bad question to ask. Jennie noticed this. "It's alright," she laughed slightly, "you didn't know."

Taeyong's shoulders relaxed a bit. "I'm sorry, about the divorce."

"I guess we all saw it coming, they were drifting apart," She shrugged, opening her book bag. "Let's study, shall we?" Taeyong nodded and opened his own bag.

After about 20 minutes of quietly studying, they heard a door slam from below. The two shared a confused look, as Jennie got up from her spot and peered out of her window.

"My dad's home." She whispered to herself. There was an arguement breaking out from below, yelling was no stranger to Jennie, it seemed. She sat on the bed sadly. Taeyong rushed over to her side, figuring what he could do to comfort her.

He put an arm around her shoulders and consoled her the best he could. While they sat in the silence, with her parents endlessly yelling at each other, he looked out of her balcony door, to see one of the staff members he saw with Jennie one day. He was her next door neighbor. That's how they were a bit familiar with each other.

"I didn't know you were neighbors with the guy from school."

Jennie looked up confused, and looked outside. "Oh, yeah. The reason I ran out that night in the road was because my parents' fighting was too intense and I ran out in panic. After I ran back towards the house, he saw me and helped me, I guess, get myself together and calm down. He's a nice man."

That finally answered his looming question of the whole incident. It pieced together the story he had in mind.

He went in for a hug, and while he was preparing for the hug, she was not. His weight knocked the both of them down on her bed.

Jennie laughs at his clumsiness, before she realized he was half on her and on the bed. Taeyong, however, doesn't move, and is instead staring at her face. Jennie acts without thinking, and starts moving in closer to his face. Taeyong finds himself anticipating the  kiss, watching her eyes flutter shut.

Just before they kiss, her door flies open. They jump apart at the intrusion, scared of what was going to happen.

Jennie's mom was distressed, and a bit  angry. The two didn't realize Jennie's dad had left the house. She noticed what the two were about to do, and her face softened.

"Mom, why the weird look?"

"Now I know who you're head over heels in love with," she smiled, glancing at Taeyong. Jennie blushed harsh red, gawking at her mom.

"I'm so sorry, Taeyong."

Taeyong brushes it off, with a big grin on his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 1.1K 31
Jennie Kim and Taeyong Lee. They were rivals during their school days. Everyone in their school knows about them. Their first encounter - Which turne...
11.9K 510 19
Taeyong wasn't exactly Jennie's favorite person. It didn't help that they were now partners for Marriage 101. {Jennie Kim x Taeyong Lee}
13.7K 539 36
in which your classmate jungkook messages you everyday for answers on math homework
SABORAMI By ELA

Fanfiction

20.8K 612 101
in which jaehyun asks taeyong to fall in love with him. ©LULUSFA1RY