Learn || Golden Child

By -jiung

"read out the lyrics? damn daddy damn daddy da-" "get out, lee jangjun." in which golden child had 3 new assi... More

characters
prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

11

669 45 41
By -jiung

Everyone sat in a huge circle silently. "I guess... there really is a need for us to build our team work?" Mijin asked, looking serious.

15 minutes ago...

In the circle of: Minah, Donghyun, Arim, Bomin, Jaein, Sungyoon, Joochan, Jibeom, Jaehyun

Everyone got their stack of cards and started fixing the order of it.

"Are you sure you know how to play? You've been silent for the whole time." Arim whispered at Jibeom, who had been focusing on his cards the whole time.

"Aren't you silent too?" Jibeom asked back without even looking.

"You weren't even paying attention-"

"Who's starting?" Minah asked.

"Me! 2 5s." Bomin said excitedly.

Arim placed down a card, "3 5s."

"5 5s." Jaein said, putting down two cards.

"No way." Jibeom said and flipped over Jaein's two cards. Both of them are 5. He sighed and took the stack.

"Jaein start." Minah said.

"4 7s." Jaein said, placing down some cards. Jibeom flipped them over again. This time Jaein was lying.

"Yah seriously do you have to flip over every card Jaein puts down?" Joochan whispered.

"None of your freaking business." Jibeom replied word by word in Joochan's ear.

"Jibeom start." Minah stated.

"4 2s." Jibeom said.

"Pass." Joochan said, and everyone else said so too.

"You can continue." Minah reminded.

"2 Ks." Jibeom said. Jaein flipped his card open, he's lying. He took his cards back.

The next few rounds people slowly started using up their cards and winning, while Jaein and Jibeom were still silently fighting against each other.

"This is hilarious, how are you two only flipping each other's cards open?" As the oldest, Sungyoon had to help them.

"Because I don't trust this person!" The two replied at the same time. The other people exchanged looks, realizing the fight was way more serious that they thought.

Ryu nodded slowly. "For a few times, our group was stuck at some situations and everyone just had to keep getting their cards back."

"Looks like we'll have to let everyone build team work and trust first." Minah said.

"Of course... but how?" Jaeseok questioned. Ryu took out a poster.

"A camp?" Daeyeol asked.

"To be more exact, a team building camp. We need to form a team to join, it's in a week and the deadline is on Sunday." Minah said.

"Does that mean..."

"Yes, the production team will be part of the team if we're joining." Mijin answered.

"We're all free except for the kids who're still in school, right?" Sungyoon asked.

"Us 4 have completed the public exam, and we're on a long holiday, so it depends on Bomin and the 3 girls." Joochan said, looking at the rest of the 99 liners.

"For us it's a school holiday." Chaejung explained.

"What about Minah? Doesn't she go to school too?" Bomin asked.

"I'm currently on holiday." Minah replied.

"That means, all of us are going." Arim said.

"Of course, no excuses of not going. But some of you have to ask your parents first." Ryu said, crossing her arms. The underage kids groaned.

"So, if hopefully all of us can go, I wish all of us can know each other better and get along." Daeyeol said with a smile.

Everyone turned to the clock on the wall, it's 7pm.

"We should go back. It's late already." Seungmin suggested, and everyone nodded in agreement. They packed their stuff and went outside. The sky was already dark.

"Guys, which way are you going?" Jaehyun asked, looking at the separate roads in misery. Their location is right in the middle of a cross road.

"That way." Everyone pointed at almost all kinds of directions.

-----------------

"You obviously don't go this way, Jangjun." Chaejung sighed and shook her head as she walked with Jangjun, Jaeseok and Ryu.

"I want to look for food, can't I?" Jangjun asked with a grin.

"Ugh, just don't mind him, Chaejung ah," Ryu sighed, "he'll always be like this, trust me."

"Chaejung, don't mind having dinner with me?" Jangjun suddenly asked Chaejung, causing the couple behind them to almost choke on their saliva.

"Dude you're going too fast-" Jaeseok said but Ryu covered his mouth.

"Just let him embarrass himself." Ryu whispered.

"Uh, sure?" Chaejung's response made the couple fall to the floor, making a crashing noise.

"Um, why are you guys on the floor?" Jangjun and Chaejung turned around.

"Oh, we just find the floor comfortable, don't mind us." Jaeseok faked a smile and said sarcastically.

"Okay then." They nodded and continued walking.

"Yah you guys actually left?! Come back!!" Ryu exclaimed.

------------

"Hey, do you guys hear something?" On the other side of the road, Daeyeol asked.

"I do, I wonder who it is." Mijin answered.

"Let's bet, it's Jangjun hyung and Chaejung." Youngtaek said excitedly.

"For me it's Ryu noona and Jaeseok hyung." Seungmin said.

"No doubt it's all 4 of them who went the same way." Jaehyun guessed.

"Ah, I agree with Jaehyun this time." Mijin said.

"You guys." Daeyeol sighed.

-------------

"I think we should all go out together some day, if you all aren't busy." Minah suggested as she's walking with Donghyun, Bomin, and Arim. "I mean I usually prefer sleeping in my room but I've haven't came back for such a long time."

"Agree. What about taking the train from the first station of line 1 to the last station of line 7?" Bomin asked excitedly.

"We'll be broke, genius." Donghyun laughed.

"But going out by train isn't a bad idea. We can go and take pretty photos." Arim said.

"Yeah! It'd be nice." Minah nodded.

"So when should we go out?" Donghyun asked.

"Are you guys free on Sunday?" Bomin asked. The others nodded.

"We only need to go back to the practice room before 6pm for a gathering." Minah said.

"Then let's go out on Sunday, and then go to the practice room together." Arim smiled, a forceful smile.

"Oh, we need to turn right now, see you!" Minah and Donghyun waved goodbye at the other 2 and left.

"Arim ah..." Bomin slowly said at Arim who sighed.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Is there anything that happened that made you unhappy at the fact that Donghyun hyung has a girlfriend?" Bomin hesitantly questioned.

"Uh, well- honestly it's nothing... nothing really happened... I don't really have the right to be unhappy after all..." She replied slowly, not wanting to talk about it.

"You do have the right to feel unhappy. You're his best friend. You can talk about it to me if you want to, I'm not forcing you to explain or anything."

"Actually I'm upset that I wasn't the first one to know about the news... he didn't tell me about it even though it's something so important and I'm his best friend! Also I'm kind of worried that we'll be more distant than before because you know, couples need to respect each other and set limits for themselves with other people. I treasure Donghyun oppa a lot as a friend, I hope that we won't drift apart." Arim thought for a while and spoke.

She's surprised that as she spoke, she finally realized how she's feeling and why it hurted when she heard the news.

"Thank you for trusting me and telling me how you feel, Arim." Bomin smiled and patted the girl's back gently.

"I believe Donghyun hyung has his reasons for not telling you. Maybe he's also afraid of drifting apart with you! So that's why you guys were still close. I believe that he treasures you a lot as well, that's why he's so protective over you. Right?" He asked.

"Yeah..." Arim smiled at what he said. "Thank you, Bomin. I feel a lot better now."

--------------

"Thank you for walking me home, Sungyoon." Jaein smiled as she walked next to him. Joochan and Jibeom walked behind them from a distance away.

"You're welcome." Sungyoon replied.

"Hello? Mom? Yes, I'll arrive home later because I'm having dinner with Joochan, yes, my best friend." At the back Jibeom was calling his parents.

"I just want to tell you that I will go to a camp next week- no? But Joochan is going too!! Please!! Okay... Dad!!! Please... I want to go... ugh... Jaein is going too. Ah, okay? Bye." Joochan couldn't help but laugh a bit after Jibeom ended the phone call.

"What's funny?" Jibeom glared at Joochan.

"Isn't it funny? That your parents only let you go because Jaein is going." Joochan said.

"It's just an excuse."

Suddenly, it started raining. Joochan watched Sungyoon open an umbrella and continue walking with Jaein under the umbrella. Joochan felt his heart hurt a little, but he didn't know why, he had been feeling like that ever since the start of their practice today.

"Yah, Joodumb, you want to get sick?" At this moment, Jibeom already snatched Joochan's umbrella from his bag and opened it.

"Sorry." Joochan took the umbrella and held it for both of them.

"Did your parents let you go?" Sungyoon asked Jaein, who placed down her phone.

"Yeah, I used Jibeom as an excuse and I can go." Jaein shrugged.

"Wow that's certainly..."

"Weird, right? I arrived home. See you." Jaein said, and waved goodbye at him.

"Bye Sungyoon, bye Joochan." Jaein said, purposely ignoring Jibeom, and she left.

"You guys don't need a ride home?" Sungyoon turned around and asked the two boys while ready to call someone.

"No thanks, hyung." Jibeom replied. "We're going to have dinner."

"Sure. Then you guys can go first, bye." Sungyoon nodded and made a phone call quickly after the boys left. Within 5 minutes, a car came.

"Master Sungyoon, how's your day?" After Sungyoon got on the car, his driver asked.

"Just like always." He replied.

-------------

"What do you want to eat?" Joochan asked Jibeom as they walked on the streets that are full of street food.

"Just have anything." Jibeom shrugged.

"Your treat? Okay! Let's have that!"

"Wait! No no no no it's so expensive no!!!!"

"Kim Jibeom!" Before Jibeom could stop Joochan from running away after stealing his wallet, someone called him from behind. He turned around and widened his eyes.

"Rico?!"

"Wow Jibeom, I never knew you are gay." Rico looked at Jibeom with a grin.

"No Rico, I'm not." Jibeom facepalmed.

"Just kidding, that's your best friend right? I've seen him before." Rico replied.

"Why are you literally everywhere?" Jibeom facepalmed.

This wasn't the second time they met. In fact they have encountered at least once more ever since they knew each other.

"It's unavoidable that we have to keep meeting each other! It's destiny." Rico said with a smile.

She liked how Jibeom looked so done with seeing her once again, but she had a feeling that he didn't dislike it.

"Ah seriously... I shouldn't have told you what happened between Jaein and I... I know you want me to apologize but I'm pretty sure I won't!"

"Why wouldn't you? I mean, you'll be going to the camp in the same team as her." Joochan finally came back with tons of food and Jibeom's empty wallet.

"YAH HONG JOODUMB-"

"Camp? What camp?" Rico asked curiously.

"Don't answer her-" Jibeom didn't want Joochan to meet her, because he knew the two of them will probably team up against him.

"Team building camp. Who are you by the way?" Joochan answered cheerfully. The other boy widened his eyes in disbelief at how Joochan just randomly started chatting with someone he just met.

"My name is Noh Rico."

"Oh, perhaps you're the sister of Noh Taehyun?"

"Yes! How did you know?"

"I kind of heard about him since he's quite famous. How did you and Jibeom meet?"

"I met him in the park and I want to help him to be less of a sh*tty person!"

"That sounds impossible."

"AHAHAHAHA-" both of them started laughing crazily.

"Oh my freaking god." Jibeom groaned and dragged Joochan with him, walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 9.7K 71
"Don't worry, I'm really good at pulling out."
68.6K 2.2K 46
"So you either like looking for trouble or..." He gave me a knowing look. "You like me."
162K 6.3K 31
"get in the car" "excuse me?" ๐˜ฝ๐™๐™Ž ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™›๐™ž๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ
5.1K 287 35
"I really want to kiss you" "Please don't"