Whispers In The Dark

By ink-fingerprints

High school can be the best time of your life, or the worst. For Anna, Riley, Victoria, Jessiah, Robin, and R... More

Whispers In The Dark
Anna
Reximus
Victoria
Robin
Riley
Jessiah
Reximus
Victoria
Anna
Robin
Riley
Jessiah
Victoria
Riley
Anna
Victoria
Jessiah
Robin
Reximus
Riley
Anna
Robin
Victoria
Jessiah
Robin
Reximus
Riley
Anna
Victoria
Reximus
Riley
Robin
Victoria
Robin
Jessiah
Riley
Anna
Riley
Victoria
Robin
Jessiah
Victoria
Anna
Reximus
Robin
Riley
Reximus
Jessiah
Anna
Reximus
Riley
Robin
Victoria
Riley
Jessiah
Reximus
Anna
Riley
Robin
Reximus
Victoria
Robin
Jessiah
Riley
Reximus
Victoria
Anna
Jessiah
Reximus
Robin
Reximus
Victoria
Riley
Victoria
Reximus
Jessiah
Anna
Robin
Reximus
Anna
Jessiah
Victoria
Reximus
Anna
Riley
Reximus
Robin
Jessiah
Robin
Victoria
Riley
Anna
Jessiah
Riley
Robin
Victoria
Reximus
Anna

Jessiah

79 4 0
By ink-fingerprints

Jessiah

We'd been texting each other non-stop since Saturday.

It was great, being able to talk to her outside of school. Sometimes it was hard to think of what to say, but either she knew or I did.

I texted her: Robin's here too.

Okay. The bus is pulling in now.

Sure enough, a bus pulled up to the curb and spewed students, one of them being Anna. She constantly insisted that I didn't have to wait for her, and she even asked what I would do when it got cold. To that, I merely replied, "Wear a jacket.”

She walked over with a smile on her face. "Hey," she greeted. She looked around, confused. "Where's Robin?"

I looked to my side where Robin had been standing and was surprised to discover that he had disappeared.

"I--"

"Gah!" Robin jumped out from behind me and put his hands up. It was the most I had seen out of him, ever.

Anna jumped nearly a foot into the air, her hand on her chest. "Oh my God! I think my heart just stopped."

I was preoccupied with the thought of how Robin, who was about two inches taller than me, although skinny, could hide behind me so well.

He grinned and stuck his hands in his pockets, chuckling, something he also didn't do often. "Hey, Anna."

I noticed that he looked different. His eyes were wider and there were dark circles beneath them.

"Robin," I asked tentatively, "are you okay?"

He nodded his head, but his eyes were flickering from one thing to another. "Yeah, I'm fine, why?"

"You look different," I said doubtfully.

Anna didn't say anything about the subject. "Are we going inside?" she asked.

I nodded and the three of us headed into the school. Immediately, it was obvious that something was happening.

A crowd had gathered at the end of the hall. Students were herded together like animals, leaning over each other to get a closer look at the commotion. Phones were whipped out faster than lightning and suddenly the scene was being recorded; most likely a fight.

I averted my eyes and found that Robin seemed transfixed on the crowd, quiet and unmoving.

"You okay, dude?" I asked.

His eyes flickered to me. "Yeah. I think I'm gonna go see what's going on over there. I'll catch up with you guys later."

I nodded my head distractedly. "Okay."

Soon, he disappeared into the horde of students and I lost track of his hooded head. I tried not to be worried.

"You think he's really gonna be okay?" Anna asked, looking at me, her eyes wide.

I nodded my head, but even I knew that it was hardly convincing. "Yeah, of course." I looked to the staircase nearest to us. "C'mon, let's go upstairs."

My eyes didn't leave the crowd until the walls blocked my view.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 1.4K 17
When you're broken, lost and got nothing left to lose... you become bulletproof. Trying to fix your life back together after having it shaken upside...
668 106 49
[warning: the following may be triggering to some people. Proceed with caution] --------- Book 1 in the Redemption series ----------- This book serie...
113K 8.8K 94
What if your body doesn't always do what you want it to do? For June, this isn't a question, but a daily reality. As a fourteen-year-old with cerebra...
598 18 23
Four teens live through basic life struggles and battle their inner demons. Together they figure out the difference of perception, reality and perfec...