Shadow of the Beast (Twisted...

By AMLKoski

~~~ Twisted Dark, Book II ~~~ Violet has never belonged to herself. She has been under the thumb of... More

Warning of Coven Thirteen
Vitriol of Violet
Chapter One: Gold Coins
Chapter Two: All That Glitters
Chapter Three: Brute Force
Chapter Five: Night Terrors
Chapter Five: Night Terrors: Part Two
Chapter Six: Temptress
Chapter Seven: Vibrant Dreams
Chapter Seven: Vibrant Dreams: Part Two
Chapter Eight: A Little Push
Chapter Nine: Learn What Ye Fear
Chapter Nine: Learn What Ye Fear: Part Two
Chapter Ten: Chains and Bonds
Chapter Eleven: Flowers and Fairytales
Chapter Twelve: Distractions
Chapter Thirteen: Broken Promises
Chapter Fourteen: Twisted Aftermath
Chapter Fifteen: Paid in Full
Chapter Fifteen: Paid in Full: Part Two
Chapter Sixteen: Uncovered Truths
Chapter Seventeen: Charmer
Chapter Eighteen: Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Chapter Nineteen: Angry Magick
Chapter Twenty: Revelations and Promises
Epilogue: Happiest of Homes
~ | Playlist | ~
Now Available for Purchase

Chapter Four: Short Leash

12.4K 1K 73
By AMLKoski

I narrowed my eyes, inhaling the crisp forest scent deep into my lungs. Frustration filled my bones as my instinct crawled through me. It had settled down with the little witchling, no longer wishing for me to harm her to get the words from her. The plan to use her as bait for the witch seemed a better alternative. It would draw the witch onto the territory of our choosing, take her out of her element.

I glanced over my shoulder at the little witchling that stuck close behind me, her expressive brown eyes warily glancing around at the forest we were walking in. She was a strange little creature. Had fought me hard as I pulled her out of the shop, doing her best to escape but the moment she had exited it and realized we were no longer there, she had damn near clung to me instead. The little pixie seemed terrified of the outside world. I wasn't used to witches, they rarely came to the Norther Forests but I knew that they weren't timid little mice like this little pixie was.

However, despite how scared she seemed to be I also knew it could be a trap. I knew witches were deceitful. It was how the witch had taken my brother. Rage burned at my gut, chewing on my spin as my instinct rolled through me like a freight train.

Find female

Kill her

I tightened my hand around the thin chain in my fist as I gritted my teeth together. We would find the witch and she would die. I also knew that with the little pixie it would be that much easier. I didn't doubt for a moment that an Elder witch would come to the rescue of such a fine and dainty female. Especially one that had been taken by a werewolf. The witch would be coming to find me the moment she realized her trapped little pixie was taken from her cage.

I could hear the sound of a flock of birds bursting from a bush further away and I lazily turned my head towards it while the little witchling inhaled deeply, nearly pressing herself to my back. "What was that?" It was a terrified little voice that came from her and I shrugged, only slightly curious as to just how well she managed to play the terrified little female. I wondered just how much it pained her to press close to the creature that had so terrified her before.

Her fear had been thick and sour and her face had continually paled and on one occasion she looked like she would be sick. Yet she stood behind me, a hair's breath from touching me, acting as if everything around her was absolutely more terrifying than I was.

I picked up my speed, needing pace away form her before my instinct turned on her once more. It would demand answers as to why she switched so quickly, why she went from being terrified of me to pressing close as if for protection. I wasn't in the mood to harm a female, no matter what my instinct said. I glanced over my shoulder once more and the little witch stumbled as she walked, wincing as her bare feet stepped on the debris that littered the forest floor.

I slowly raised my eyebrow at her lack of shoes. I turned away, the silly female should have been wearing them. It was not my fault she would get hurt because of it. "Where are we going?" There was an almost breathless tone to her voice, as if she had exerted herself too much and I shrugged.

"Must keep movin', pixie." I couldn't stay in one place for too long, the Southerner Forests and the Northern Forests didn't always get along. They were closer to the covens and I didn't need another set of witches after me for taking the little pixie. I was setting a trap and I didn't need to catch any wayward witches within it. I was after only one witch, one that I would destroy completely and totally.

I was used to the pace I set, my brother and I were nomads, we followed the hunts, only staying in cabins when the northern weather turned for the worst. It made me curl my lip up more at the thought of the Southern werewolves, they were pampered, so used to having their food handed to them that they no longer knew how to hunt, how to survive. They were spoiled whelps and it was no wonder the witch went after my brother and I. We were both in peak physical shape, we were both at our most virile.

Lyxton and I had discussed females before he had been taken. I knew it was time for us to find suitable breeders but there were very few pickings for that. Fae were not compatible for offspring, humans were but the birth killed the breeder and the shift would kill the child. It was best not to endure such pain and so we avoided them completely.

We had both decided we would require femaleweres. I knew would be difficult to find one but I also knew that with time we would have found at least two we could protect and keep happy. After all femaleweres chose their males based on heritage and strength. Nothing that Lyxton and I lacked. Any breeder I would have taken would be pampered. It was what they deserved for creating life.

Find witch

My instinct hissed it at me, its agitation once again rolling through me, punishing me for not listening. It did not understand plans. It relied on actions of my own, not the actions of others. There was a curse from the witchling and when I glanced over my shoulder she was limping, glowering darkly at nothing in particular before she looked up at me, as if sensing my gaze on her. "Can we stop?" There was a faint edge of pleading to her voice and I shook my head, despite the faint pang within me that the poor female was delicate and was more than likely not used to the punishing pace I had set out on.

"Keep movin', pixie." At my words there was a muffled angry sound from her that had my mouth twitching. I wasn't sure if it was to smile or to frown. For such a timid thing she had a mouth.

"Asshole." The spat out word had me stopping and I turned around, looking at the small witch. She glared at me, her expression dark with anger.

"Pardon, pixie?" I moved closer and she glowered back at me, her jaw set in a position that told me all to well she had deliberately said it loud enough for me to hear.

"I don't have shoes, you forcing me to walk anyway makes you an asshole." She looked more than vexed with me as she gestured at her feet, wincing as she shifted on them. "I just want to go back to the shop! I have nothing to do with any of this." I looked her up and down, only half listening to her. She had a nice form, thinner than most but I could tell that she had the curves required to make a male want her.

I slowly walked around her, letting the chain dangle from my hand as I did so. "Ye help me, pixie, ye get yer gold an' I get my witch." When I once again in front of her I yanked my hand back, the chain catching the back of her free ankle and sending her crashing to ground with a small, surprised cry. I crouched down beside her as she sputtered, sitting up with a dark look on her face just barely covering a wince. I held the thin chain up, could feel the magick thrumming through it as she glanced at it and then back to me. "I hold this, pixie, don't ye forget it. What I say goes." I stood back up. "Get up, we need t' keep movin'." I turned around, not waiting for her as I started walking away.

I had no time for idle chit-chat, no time to speak or wait for delicate females to keep the pace. I felt slightly bad for it but there was little I wanted to do to rectify it. The witch had my brother and I wanted him back. The little witchling was just a means to an end. There was no tugging from the chain, letting me know she was once again walking. "She won't come for me, you know." Her words were clipped and I shook my head.

"Pretty witchlin' like ye bein' taken by a werewolf will have tha' witch up in arms." It was one thing I knew for certain. Witches did not like werewolves taking other witches. Besides I stole her from the dusty shop, breaking the magick that bound her there. Taking someone's slave would be enough to piss off anyone.

"You are naive." The witchling stressed the word, derision coating her tone thickly and I whirled around, pointing at her as I snapped my teeth together.

"Say one more word, pixie." I glared at her, daring her to push me more. My instinct still wanted her tormented and tortured for information and I wasn't above doing as it asked.

"Its Violet." She glared right back at me and I rolled my head on my shoulder.

Punish female

My instinct started pushing at me hard and I tightened my hands into fists, claws pressing into my flesh. "Ye are testin' patience I doona have." I watched as her defiance slowly disappeared, her disgruntled and vexed edges disappearing as she once again turned into that timid mouse.

"Why do you care so much about Irma anyway?" She muttered the words glancing at me but no longer glaring her fear slowly growing, slowly wafting off of her.

I scanned her face, faintly appreciating the beauty it held. She was a finely made female. "Goin' t' kill her." I turned around, once more moving through the trees, the little witchling following me like a dog on a leash. "Goin' t' kill the bitch." I snapped my teeth together at the thought of the witch's throat between my jaws. How I would enjoy ending her life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 240 21
When Bryony -- herbalist extraordinaire -- goes missing, Bella knows one suspect stands above the rest. The village's aspiring second witch, Daphne...
47K 2.4K 51
BOOK 1- A yes BOOK 2- A Fight Innana turned back to Osmian. "Before I forget. I made this for you." Innana said and handed the multicoloured flower t...
77.2K 7.7K 40
Twisted Dark, Book IV ~~~ Red had left the Covens for a reason. She hadn't liked the rules and instead of being banished like BamBam had, sh...
23.5K 612 22
A Family Comes First (Kidnapped by Cannibals) fanfiction. If you haven't read the Kidnapped by Cannibals trilogy and spin-off by @masonfitzzy then y...