Rise

By maxine247

(Sequel to Strong, Truly Strong) Rise: Move from a lower position to a higher one. The countries now knew tha... More

Rise
The Morning After
Explanation
Trust
Staying Over
Meeting the Rest of North America
Worried
Restoring(?)
Hurt
Little By Little
Breath
Rise Up
Strong, Truly Strong, Phoenix, Rise

Kayaking

1.3K 47 33
By maxine247

Stop saying
'I wish,"
Start saying
"I will".

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The next day, Alfred woke up and stretched. He laid in the bed for awhile before eventually getting up.

"I guess I can go out for breakfast," He said before leaving and heading to the shower.

After he got ready, he headed out and hopped onto his motorcycle to drive to a nearby town.

He drove to a diner and sat down at the counter for a breakfast.

"What can I get you, sweetie?" The waitress asked.

"Just a biscuit, some bacon, eggs, and orange juice, ma'am," He responded.

She nodded and walked off.

Alfred heard laugher and turned to see a man and his teenage son joking around. He slightly smiled and turned back around sadly.

The waitress came back after awhile and set his food down, "I don't mean to get in your business but, what's a handsome young man like you doing, looking so sad?"

This caught him off guard, "Just....." He sighed, he knew that he shouldn't be telling his business to a complete stranger but just felt like he could trust this women, "I needed to be by myself and think. Just be alone."

She nodded, "Things not going right in your life?"

He shrugged, "I guess if you put it that way...... My dads-" He paused, "I mean dad, adopted me and my siblings we all used to be close but then.... he started to put work first and it was so lonely without him," He frowned as memories of those days washed over him, "No- Now he's trying to make it up and I want to believe him but-" He sighed, "But-"

"It's hard," The waitress finished for him.

He just nodded, "I want to believe him but..... I don't know," He's voice trailed off.

"You wanna know what I think?" She asked.

Alfred just shrugged, "I guess."

"You wanna trust him but your scared so your not letting yourself do that."

She's saying the same thing, Argentina said.  

"Sweetheart, I think you should let yourself trust again. Your protecting yourself but you really want to trust him. If he takes advantage of it again, then he never deserved it to begin with and never deserved to know you or your siblings at all," She gave him a soft smile, "But if he's really trying, then I think he really wants another chance," She fixed her ponytail, "I'll leave you to your food now," She said before leaving.

Alfred nodded and ate his breakfast before leaving a tip and walking out. He hopped onto his motorcycle and drove back to the cabin before starting to take a walk.

He thought about what the waitress had said thought back to the few times he talked with his fathe- England. He had told him that he had meant what he said.

And France.

And Spain.

They had all said that they had meant it, but what if they didn't?

What if they just wanted to hurt him again? What if they were just lying? What if-

Wait.

What if they had actually meant what they said?

He was extremely scared of them going back on their word but honestly, what if they meant it? He wasn't sure if they had, but you know what?

Maybe he had just to take that risk.

He really wanted a better relationship with his pare- former colonizers, that's all he wanted. But...... that waitresses was right.

He wasn't letting himself trust. His twin had done it. His younger siblings may have done it. Maybe he should too. 

By the looks at it, France and Canada were getting along just fine.

Yeah, maybe he should take that risk.

And if it ended up backfiring in his face?

Well, he'll cross that bridge if he got to it.

He walked back to the cabin and looked at the cabin then at his motorcycle.

Here he goes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Alfred drove the motorcycle back to his twin's main house. A few of his siblings and other nations were out front.

"Alfie!!!" Alaska ran over to him, "Your back."

He smiled and picked her up, "Yeah, I am."

Russia walked over, "America, it's very nice to have you back. Have you been doing okay?"

Alfred nodded, "I'm fine now dude. I just needed sometime alone."

He saw Canada walk over to him and put Alaska down, "Feeling better?"

Alfred nodded, "Yep, just needed time alone."

"America!!" A voice yelled, Alfred soon felt himself get pulled into a hug, "Please, don't ever do that again. I was so worried about you."

England.

"Don't worry Iggy," He said, "I'm fine...... now."

England pulled back and nodded, even if his son never trusted him again, he was glad that he was okay.

D.C. ran over, "Hey Al!! Now that your back, you think your up for..... skydiving?"

"Skydiving!?!" France and England both said at the same time.

Alfred thought about it for awhile, it's been awhile since he had went..... but maybe not today. He wanted to spend time with England and get closer with him, and he knew that their was no way that he would go skydiving.

"Hmm. Maybe not today, how about....... kayaking?"

"Sure," D.C. said.

"Did someone say kayaking!?!" They all looked at Rhode Island, "I'll beat of all of y'all!!!! Let's go!!!" He ran to a car.  

"Umm," Germnay said, "Right now?"

"I said let's go!!!!" He screamed.

The countries looked at North America.

"Based on experience," Diego said, "You don't ask, just do."

The countries slowly nodded and just walked to the cars and vans.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rhode Island grabbed a kayak and ran to the river. After that, he just immediately started to paddle, "I'll see you later bitches!!!" He was almost out of sight.

Maryland sighed, "I guess we should go after him," She and Virginia  headed to kayaks of their owns and set off on the river.

Other countries started heading to the kayaks too, Italy got into one with Germany no matter how much Romano cursed. Spain got in one with Romano.  

Korea with China who he dragged to the kayak. "Korea claims China's breast!!!!!" S.K yelled from the kayak.

"I don't have any breast!!!" China yelled back before looking at Japan to switch with him.

Japan just backed away slowly.

 Taiwan went with Vietnam. Liechtenstein with Switzerland. 

Canada decided to go with France. America looked at England, "Well, you wanna pair up Iggy?"

He got a nodded in response and the two headed down to the river and got into the kayak.

"You know how to do this old man?" America joked.

England rolled his eyes at his son. "I am not that old, boy. I know how to paddle."

"Whatever you say Iggy."

The two paddled together in comfortable slience.

"This is a very beautiful place," England said looking around.

America nodded, "Yeah. We love coming up here for vacations."

England nodded, "You know Alfied. I'm very proud of you."

This took America back a little, "You are? Why?"

"With all that you been through and put up with. You still managed to deal with it and keep going."

"Oh," Alfred said.

"Alfred, I'm truly sorry" He said looking down, "If you even believe
m-" 

"I believe you Iggy," America said back, cutting him off.

England's face went from shock to an extremely happy expression, but before the two could say anything else. The happy moment was ruined.

By Diego.

The Mexicos sped by on their kayaks.

Diego purposely slashed water on the two of them while passing by, "See you later sissies!!!" He laughed.

"Diego!!!!" America yelled before paddling faster along with England.

They were almost at the end when rocky waters hit. England started paddling one direction while America paddled the other.

"America, go this way!!" England yelled.

"It's this way Iggy!!!"

The kayak soon flipped over and the two landed in the water.

They dragged themselves to land and just laid there. Alfred started to laugh, "That was pretty fun."

England smiled, "I suppose it was, everything was calm until Diego came along."

"Yeah, I'll deal with him later," He said giving his brother a warning look to run.

Diego just smirked and walked away.

The two sat in silence and just watched the evening sky.

"Don't you wish that life was simple?" Alfred asked.

"At times... but it's not. It loves to throw challenges in our way and somehow...... we have to find our way through it."

America only nodded.

"You said that you believed what I said back there," England looked at him.

"I do," He nodded, "I don't forgive you but I believe you.... It'll take awhile before I can forgi-"

"I understand," England said.

"Doesn't life give us do overs?" He asked.

England slightly nodded, "At times.. but only if you deserve it and if you won't screw up." He said before turning back to the sky.

'But only if you deserve it and if you won't screw up'  America thought.

 Alfred took a deep breath, here goes.

He looked at England, "You wanna try that dinner again, Dad?"

England's face was in once again disbelief before he broke out into a large smile and nodded, "Of course."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We are not given a good life or a bad life. We are given a life. It's up to us to make it good or bad.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

789 28 6
It was just a rumor. Everyone knew that. It was just a rumor that personifications of nations existed. Nevertheless, its existence had proven too clo...
286K 8.4K 41
America is the world's number one superpower. We all know that. And to be a superpower, you gotta have a strong mindset. A really strong mindset. Alf...
539 43 14
{STORY DISCONTINUED and I'm probably never gonna finish it whoops} The world is ending, obviously. America never really paid attention to the news, o...
238K 8.1K 83
Many things fall. Such as heros. All heros eventually fall. Some because of a villian. But America? No, this hero was falling to something else. Som...