The Beautiful Motto of Whatev...

By SouthPrepHarmonizer

At first Camila didn't know what to make of Normani despite their quick friendship, she was scared of her. Sc... More

The Beautiful Motto of Whatever [Normila]
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - 11:11 Make A Wish
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 1

4.3K 83 20
By SouthPrepHarmonizer

+ I'm creating personas in this story, for example, members of security and random fans, etc. these are not based on any real people they're just made up characters... and no copyright intended? I feel like I needed to type that lol. I hope ya'll enjoy, I posted a bit early, couldn't wait so I just typed it up today. I'm planning on posting on a weekly basis (so help me, the reason I've never written a fan fic before is since I can be a bit unaccountable sometimes ha, but I'll try my best with this, and for the next fic, I'll write half of it in advance perhaps). Well then, here ya'll go!

Camila's P.O.V:

I feel like my arms are sticking to me as I wipe off the sweat from my forehead and adjust my bow, one of many in my ever growing robust collection. One of the harmonizers made it for me and threw it past security, I tried to give them a hug but Dan the security man stopped me. Other than my love for his name, as it makes for a lot of punny jokes, he's one of my favorite on the team so far, sometimes he pretends to have not been paying attention and lets me slip by and hug fan. The team is made up of three guys and they are mainly with us to help with the control of the meet and greets and the audience during the shows, if it were up to me I would spend days at one event, so I guess they're useful for time management too. We've been on the first leg of the Harmonize America Tour and it's been more than amazing, I've gotten so close to the girls and everyone on our crew meshes well together. Plus we have an amazing tour bus as a surprise with our faces splayed across it, my face is literally bigger than my body, I checked, it was crazy. The only complaint is the weather, it being mid-July, I'm applying deodorant anywhere and everywhere, but it's more than worth it when we see the impact we make on our fans lives and means the world to us. I grab a banana off the counter as I enter the bus, silently thanking who ever created the RV providing the shade from the sweltering sun, and perch next to Dinah on the couch in the main lounge. We just finished performing a couple of hours ago so everyone is sort of resting/gearing up before we leave Paramus, NJ and drive to the next city. Dinah scrolls through her twitter feed, eyes glued on the screen occasionally laughing or showing me something she found amusing, as I munch on my banana. Lauren soon enters, Lana Del Rey's Born to Die blasting through her headphones, with Ally right behind her carrying moose moose. I swear it's the cutest thing ever, I think she's had it since she was like 5 or something. I guess with everyone starting to come to the tour bus we must be leaving soon, but where's Normani? I literally couldn't take my eyes off her during the performance; I never can especially when she wears that dress, which is really cute... wonder where the stylist got it from? The way her face lit up though when we sang Stay, I try my best to do my parts as much justice as she does whenever we sing Lego House. I feel something tapping my shoulder...  its starting to get annoying...

"Camz, Camz.... She's always zoning out, and why is she eating another banana? That's got to be her fourth one today; I know people need their potassium but..." Lauren says while prodding me with her manicured nail.

"Owwwww, what, what!?" I reply while rubbing my shoulder, I zoned out? How long has she been calling my name? "And my potassium consumption should be of no concern to you."

"Ummm I'm gonna need ya'll to turn it down like two notches pronto, I'm trying to watch this sexy guy on vine" Dinah yells clutching her phone. Lauren and I roll our eyes simultaneously. 

"Laurenzy what was it you wanted" I say while finishing my banana then going to go toss it in the trash bin. I want to grab another but I fear the girls might call for an intervention at that point, and I can't risk my banana privileges. I settle on some Ritz crackers offering some to Ally too, makes me look less greedy. 

"Oh I wanted to say Hi" Lauren says chirpily and my mouth flat lines, is this girls serious? "And ask if you'd seen Normani's cell anywhere, she's been looking for it." Normani's phone? Oh... my eyes open wide as I reach to my back pocket of my jeans and produce Normani's IPhone. I see why she's been taking so long to answer back my texts. I forgot to give it back to her after I used it to Google whether a dolphin can eat a person... what a girl gets curious, don't judge. Looking down at the screen I see the three text messages I sent her, each on getting progressively more worried. 

"See I told Normani, you always end up having her phone" Lauren elaborates while reaching for the device. I instantly pull away, sheepishly grinning afterward, I want to be the one to give it back to her. 

"No its okay I'll give it to her, totally forgot I had it, and here I was thinking the buzzing I was feeling was from the after show adrenaline" Ally and Lauren awkwardly divert their eyes while Dinah quietly boos, tough crowd. "Where is she by the way?" I ask.

"She's still in the mall searching, either by the stage or in the bathrooms most likely look for sparkles or rhinestones, you guys should hurry back though I think we're leaving soon" Lauren mumbles while stealing another Ritz cracker from Ally and popping it into her mouth. 

"Thanks" I respond as I head toward the door, as I exit the tour bus I hear Ally and Lauren bickering,  "Ally you may be the oldest but that doesn't mean you can call me a thief for borrowing some of your Ritz crackers, why can't we share? Greedy ain't pretty." "Cause you ain't special enough" Ally reply's bluntly causing Dinah and Lauren to bust out into laughter, I chuckle too as I close the door man I love these girls. 

Dan, aka Dan the security man sees me heading towards the entrance of the mall and jogs up to me. "Where you think you're going little lady, better hop on your horse and ride that steed back into that stable of a tour bus" Dan says with a grin on his face. Being from Texas, Ally and Normani think of him as a reminder of home, while the rest of us find his accent and sayings just plain hilarious. There aren't many like him in Miami or OC, so for us it's certainly a breath of fresh air. I show him Normani's phone and his grin grows even wider as he nods his head "I figured it was you once she started looking, you'd reckon by now she'd check with you first."  I grin back; do we really do this, this often? 

"Dan it is not that often, now can I go, we're gonna leave soon" I say as I jokingly punch him the arm,  the slightly graying six foot man barely moving an inch, I always think he resembles an taller Ryan Reynolds. 

"I don't know, the fact that you're over here with a smile wider than pasture gives me the feeling that it isn't always accidental." I try to stop myself from blushing. Dan is the only one who knows about my crush on Normani, I never told him, I think he figured out at the beginning of the tour after the fifth or sixth time he caught me before I fell while gawking at Normani. Lifesaver I tell you. Now I talk to him every once and a while about it. It's nice to have someone to tell, as I've kind of had my feelings bottled up ever since we started recording our EP after XFactor when I first started crushing on her. 

"No I'm serious it's by accident... or I don't know maybe its subconscious, anyway I'll see ya back on the bus" I rush to leave before my face gets any more red, if that's even possible. 

"Okay darling, you be safe now ya hear" Dan yells out as I open the mall doors, the air conditioning greeting me like pure heaven, no idea how Dan is not burning alive, adds more evidence to my theory that Dan is Batman or Red Nine from the Spider-man comic books at least. "Will do" I toss back as the doors close behind me.  

I check the stage first since it's the closest and manage to get there unnoticed. After clearing the stage area with no rhinestones in sight, I head toward the bathrooms near the food court, only getting stopped twice by some kind fans. As I approach the restrooms I see Normani's mom leaving so I hurry and give her a hug as she tells me Normani's in the bathroom, I ensure her we won't be long as she heads back towards the tour bus. I take a deep breath and ready myself, a habit I've formed that I always find myself doing before I talk to Normani. I step inside and spot Normani standing by the sinks fixing some flyaways,I soon catch myself standing there just admiring her beauty.  Her hair is a lighter shade this tour and looks flawless in the lights of the room making her seem almost angelic. She has a figure girls would fight for thanks to her gymnastics and dance background and the dress helps to showcase that fact even more. Her legs seem endless almost...

"Who's ther- Oh it's you, hey Camzi" Normani says as she suddenly turns towards me, instantly shattering my daze. "I thought I heard someone, and why are you standing by the door? Anyway have you seen my-"

I pull out her phone and hold it out as I walk towards her. "Phone?" I say as I place it into her awaiting hand. "My bad forgot you gave it to me, I've just had it sitting in my back pocket" Her face instantly lights up, and I'm glad I caused it, even if it involved me taking her phone and her searching for an hour. 

"Thanks! I guess Lauren was right I should've checked with you first, totally forgot I gave it to you so no fault on your part" Normani says eyes gleaming; it takes everything in me not to get lost in them. "Why-why are you looking at me like that" her face twists into a mix of slight confusion and amusement. Crap... she noticed, I need to get better at acting normal around her, if I stare at her anymore I might burn a hole through her.

I cough awkwardly, "Wha-what, oh I was just noticing your eye-shadow...yea, it uhhh it really complements your attire today" I cringe internally, really eye-shadow, attire? Judging by the way my ears are burning, my face is getting red quick. 

"Attire? And eye-shadow you said... uh thanks I guess" her face showing only confusion at this point. She looks down at her phone and starts to laugh after a moment or two, at first I was confused in till I remembered the texts! I was supposed to delete them before I gave her cell back. "Really Camzi, did you really send these texts, I love how you're so worried that I'm not responding back when I couldn't since you had my phone, BAHAHA." I was about to respond till I heard the sound of Normani's laugh, a bit obnoxious, but in the cutest way.  "Ha that was funny... Oh Lauren just text me, they're about to go, let's get out of here."

"Oh yea we need to head back fast, otherwise Dan may make good on his offer and tell the driver to leave our butts behind" we both laugh as I grab her stuff and we head towards the tour bus. Once we get there, after stopping to take some pictures quickly with some fans, we head into the bus. 

I can't stop grinning, a problem I tend to always have once I find myself around Normani, it's also a problem Dan notices the second we step on to the bus. "You might as well audition for that cat in play Alice dun been in Wonderland, you'd be a shoe in for the part if you keep smiling like that"  Dan remarks while grabbing Normani's things from my hands to put them away. I jokingly roll my eyes at him then proceed to smile even wider, might as well take advantage at this point since I have an excuse. 

"Alice in Wonderland Dan, Alice in" Lauren snaps quickly. "Oh I love that movie, now thinking about it you remind me of the rabbit with the clock" Ally comments dreamily, gotta love Ally.  "Ohh girl me too, and the little dragon was so funny" Dinah remarks. "Dragon... Dinah that's Mulan!" chides Normani and everyone laughs. 

A couple of hours later and we're on the road on our way to Philadelphia. I'm already dressed for bed, I'm just killing sometime reading a book on the couch next to Dinah. Who go figure, is on her phone per usual, the other girls we're either getting ready for bed or chilling in their bunk. Normani emerges from the bunk area and heads for the fridge opens it and begins to casually look for something to snack on. 

"Do you want me to make you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich Moaney, I was thinking about making one myself" I ask after she closes the fridge door in defeat. She turns towards me eyes shining and it melts my heart, I'd consider making a hundred more if I could just get more responses like that... and if I had that much bread. "Sure if it's okay with you, oh and we can watch Up! in my bunk while we eat" Normani replies and my heart feels like its running a marathon.

"Yea sounds great, I love that movie, you go ahead and I'll join you once I make the sandwiches" I say as I start to get out the ingredients, I might not be able to cook but I can make a mean sandwich.  Once Normani leaves I feel a pair of eyes on me, I turn and I see Dinah smirking at me from the couch, I throw her a "what look" and she just winks back at me. I feel my gut clench... does she know, I couldn't have been that obvious could I? She turns back to her phone as Ally joins her on the couch with her book, eliminating my opportunity to question her, which is for the better. I go back to making the sandwiches, hands slightly shaking cause if Dinah realizes I have a crush on Normani, while it will be great cause she would support me, she would call me out for sure. The pranks are bad enough, knowing her she would secretly laugh at any nervous moments I would have Normani making it even more embarrassing or even worse. I set the sandwiches on a tray and with one last glace at the couch I head toward Normani's bunk. What have I gotten myself into?

+Do you guys think Dinah knows? What do ya'll think of Dan the security man, isn't he like the uncle you wish would come for thanksgiving? Feel free to leave suggestions and comments, I love seeing them!

+Hey also I hope you enjoyed the chapter!  Well I guess that's it.... byeeeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 9.6K 32
Maybe you weren't the one for me, but deep down I wanted you to be. g!p Camila oops
160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...
48.9K 1.7K 47
Unconditional love is here. Normani kordei and Dinah Jane. Lovers no MATTER WHAT. Through thick in thin. Contagiously in love is what they call it...
97.6K 2.5K 17
What do you do when you fall for a girl, but she belongs to someone else? Laurmani • Caminah Thriller and Romance