camouflage [h.s]

De lolteenager

She's always been the shy girl that no one notices, but once she catches Harry's attention will things ever b... Mai multe

prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
epilogue
author's note
IMPORTANT
Sequel

43

299K 10.6K 5.6K
De lolteenager

Harry's POV:

There's a melodic beeping as my eyes open, but I am not me. I can see myself lying in a hospital bed with a spine chilling stillness. This must be some sort of out of body experience, seeming as I can't be in two places at once, unless science has had a new revelation overnight.

There are doctors standing around me, I watch as the roll over a large box with too many wires to count. A man, most likely the leader of the group, takes two metal slabs, rubs them together, and then forcibly presses them to my chest.

Then, I am me again.

-

My eyes are heavy as I open them, finding a woman sitting in front of me. Her head is in her hands as she seems to be crying into them. My eyes are still blurry from sleep, but I hope that the one waiting for me is the girl I love.

"Leah?" I croak out, finding that the lady now has her head lifted, but she is most definitely not Leah.

She is my mother.

Black wavy hair, dark green eyes, aging skin and all.

"Hello sweetie, how are you feeling?" Is the first thing she says, the first few words I've heard from her in years.

"Fine. What are you doing here?" I snap, wanting this woman out of my sight and life immediately.

She sighs, "I'm still the emergency contact on all of your forms, Harry. Also, I'm your mother and I'd like to be there for my child when he's been in an accident."

"Guessing my glorious father couldn't show up, could he?" I say, straining to sit up but several chords hold me there.

"He had some business meetings to attend, you know how hectic his schedule can be."

"Honestly, I could care less about that asshole. Actually, I could care less about either of you."

"We will always be your parents Harry, you need to realize that and get over your hatred."

"Nurse!" I yell, my mother gasps as if I'm betraying her. Seconds later a friendly looking woman wearing scrubs, maybe mid forties, walks in. "Can you please escort this woman to the lobby so she can be on her way."

"Of course, you also have a guest waiting if you're willing to see anyone. I believe her name is Lucy."

I laugh knowing she's talking about Leah, "you can send her in."

I watch as my mother huffs, but gets from her seat across from the bed. She looks at me one last time before walking out of the room, allowing me to breathe again. Just being in her presence reminds me of why I left and lost all contact with my parents.

I smile widely when the nurse comes back in with Leah trailing behind her, dark brown hair cascading past her shoulders as her deep brown eyes find mine.

"The doctor will swing by in a few minutes to go over what happened and your injuries." The nurse says before nodding curtly and walking out of the room. At that, tears fall from Leah's eyes as she crosses the room and pulls me into a tight embrace.

"You scared me so much, I'd thought I'd lost you." She said into my shoulder before pulling away and pressing a salt filled kiss to my lips.

"Well that definitely won't be happening any time soon."

"How do you feel?"

"Fine, actually. The crash must not have been that bad."

Leah frowns, opening her mouth to speak but a doctor with barely any gray hair left walks into the room, stopping whatever she was about to tell me.

"I am your doctor, Peter Donald." He shakes my hand, "it's good to see you awake and looking healthy."

"It's good to be back I guess, how bad was it?"

"Well, when they brought you in your heart stopped for a good twenty seconds, but luckily our staff was able to get that bad boy beating again." He laughs while Leah and I remain dead silent, "other than that, you suffered a slight concussion and bruising to your rib cage. I'd suggest bed rest for a week and taking Advil twice a day until your head begins to feel better. You are free to leave whenever you're ready."

My mind is reeling as he leaves the room, remembering the strange experience I had earlier which seemed to show them starting my heart again, but how would I have been able to see that?

Was it some sort of unnatural experience, or a dream that just so happened to be true?

"That's what I was going to tell you, about your heart." She runs her hand through my hair in a soothing motion, "they told me it wouldn't be wise for you to fight anymore, and I have to agree with them."

I laugh, "then Nikolai will definitely let me live. Just me having to rest for a whole week without fighting may be enough for him to send someone to assault me."

"There's really no escaping him, is there?"

"Unless killing someone was legal, maybe." I groan, "let's get out of here before this hospital room makes me depressed."

"Maybe I should get a nurse to-"

"No, I've got it." I say before taking all of the chords, however connected, off of my body.

"Are you crazy?"

"I don't want to wait another ten minutes for some nurse to come in here and talk my ear off about her son's footy match, when I can easily do it myself."

"You are the most stubborn person I've ever met."

"Touché." I say, thinking of all the times she went against my warnings. The worst being at the motel, the one that's still so hard to forgive and forget.

Pain goes through my body as I stand up, the source being my ribs. Leah puts her shoulder under my arm for support, which helps, but it still hurts like hell.

We attract many pairs of eyes as we slowly make our way out of the hospital, Leah complaining about the smell of my armpits almost the entire way.

"Did you even put deodorant on?" She asks once we are inside of Casey's car, which she is allowing us to use, Leah making a face as she teases me.

"Shut up and drive, woman." I say, shifting in the passenger seat which I am not accustomed to being in.

The car ride back to the apartment seems longer than usual as with each bump, twist, or turn that causes my ribs to ache. Once we arrive the walk up the stairs isn't pleasant either, both Leah and I breathless once I am lying down on the bed.

"Bed rest for a year sounds good to me right about now."

"That sounds better than words." Leah laughs, falling onto the open spot of the bed next to me.

"Kiss me." I request, Leah smiling like an idiot as she rolls over and places her mouth over mine. I enjoy the feeling of our lips moving together for a few moments, knowing I can't go any further with my injuries seeming as I can barely lay down without wincing in pain.

"What do you want to eat?" She asks once we both pull away, out of breath.

"Chinese or pizza, of course." I say, feeling as if we could eat either meal forever and I'd never get sick of it.

"I vote Chinese, let me order it real quick." She sits up, taking out her cellphone.

I watch as her mouth moves against the device, wondering how no one really took in her beauty before, how men could be so oblivious to it. At the same time I am thankful, because if they had then maybe she'd be with some perfect guy instead of a fuck up like me.

"What are you thinking about?" Her voice interrupts my thoughts and I realize she's done ordering.

"About how much I love you, and can't wait for this food to get here."

She laughs, "I love you too."

It doesn't take long for our lips to find each other again, hers tugging at mine which nearly drives me mad. A question crosses my mind and I have to pull away to ask it.

"Oh, I forgot to ask. What happened to my car?" I say once she

Leah frowns, "it was totaled."

I sigh, "kiss me and maybe I'll be able to forget about this heartbreak."

Leah easily complies, and I think about how lucky I am. Today has been eventful, too much for my liking, but if I can end it with my beautiful girlfriend then maybe things won't be so bad.

Maybe.

____________________

Thank you for taking the time to even read my story, I appreciate it more than you know!

Goal: 1450 votes and 315 comments

What's your favorite television show? Mine would have to be American Horror Story or Teen Wolf.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Jo x

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

316K 9.5K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
Tied by Destiny De Shri

Ficțiune generală

7.7K 634 30
This is a fan friction based on the show left right left This is my take on S1 of LrL after Capt.rajveer 's death and also I wanted to complete the...
270K 7.7K 6
A Christmas Special: It’s time for the holidays and as Amber’s bustling to get everything ready, Harry’s finishing up his second world tour with the...
476K 9.1K 93
Evelyn Ball is 17 years old and she has a brother who is 18, Connor Ball. Connor is in a band, The Vamps, and Evelyn is very good friends with all of...