Reincarnate: My Rival

By PenOverPaper

"Being a rival sucks. Especially when you're the center of everyone's hatred." Gael Fallon is a well-known ri... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Where it all starts
Chapter Two: Witch's Warning
Chapter Three: Plan
Chapter Four: Truce
Chapter Five: Execute Plan
Chapter Six: Gael Fallon
Chapter Seven: Comeback
Chapter Eight: Little Amber
Chapter Nine: Deal
Chapter Ten: Tea Party
Chapter Eleven: Hello Heroine
Chapter Twelve: Puppet
Chapter Thirteen: Puppeteer
Chapter Fourteen: Back to Normal
Chapter Fifteen: The Ball
Chapter Sixteen: Hidden Character
Chapter Seventeen: Masochist
Chapter Eighteen: Little Tigress
Chapter Nineteen: Game Over
Chapter Twenty : Stalker
Chapter Twenty-One: Father-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mother-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Three: Brothers
Chapter Twenty-Four: Yandere
Chapter Twenty-Five: School Arc
Chapter Twenty-Six: Forest Pureheart
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Galoway Town
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Infinite Bookshop
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Witch of the Counter
Chapter Thirty: Luxurie Eclipse
Chapter Thirty-One: Luna Bookstore
Chapter Thirty-Two: Clues
Chapter Thirty-Three: More Clues
Chapter Thirty-Four: Backup
Chapter Thirty-Five: Soteria's Cloak
Chapter Thirty-Six: Skeleton and Bones
Chapter Thirty-Seven: True Colors
Chapter Thirty-Eight: First Day
ready?
Chapter: CLOSE

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Seven's Past

20K 812 250
By PenOverPaper

Me: Merry Christmas!

Amber and all of the other characters: MERRY CHRISTMAS, GUYS!

And this is my gift for you! Sorry if it's only one chapter. Been busy these past few months.

Amber (whispers): You're just lazy.

Riiiighht. Don't mind her.

--

Because of the pressure of being expected to be like his older brother (Zero) Seven tends to train himself in a rough way just to keep up with his brother. They have a cold relationship over the years because of this and they always fight over little things. They consider everything as a competition.

That's why, Seven tends to become possessive of what he rightfully earned which leads him to his yandere and twisted attitude.

I immediately casted a barrier when I sense that his spell is starting to get out of hand.

"Seven!" I shouted when he suddenly collapsed.

I dispersed the barrier as I ran towards him. I frowned seeing how much blood is seeping through his clothes.

"Hey, what's with the shouting?"I heard Nathan's voice from outside the door.

I waved my hand as the door was almost blown off its hinges because of the gust I created.

"Amber? What're you doing here- Seven! Man, not again!" Nathan shouted in panic seeing his friend's state.

"I'll call the nurse while you stop the bleeding." He ordered as he teleported away.

I started to panic. I don't know how to stop the bleeding. I don't even know first aid!

Left with no other choice, I ripped off some parts of my uniform and pushed it down to his wound.

"Argh! It hurts." He shouted as he gained consciousness because of the pain.

"Sorry! Sorry! I put too much pressure." I said frantically.

"The nurse is here!"

I sighed in relief when Nathan and a young nurse suddenly appeared. The nurse immediately healed Seven's wounds. Based from how fast the wounds heal, I can estimate that the nurse is around Q and R rank.

The nurse sighed, "This is the tenth time this month Seven earned major injuries." she whisper to herself. After healing Seven she then turn to look at me.

"New student, right?"

I nodded.

"Oh, so that's why your face looked unfamiliar. My name is Paris Privette. As you can see, i'm the nurse of this school."

I shook her hand, "My name is Amber Trinity Scarlette. So regarding about Seven, this isn't his first time? I heard you whisper about it earlier."

"Yup. He's always like this. Especially when the Dimensional Games are coming up. Gosh, I really get worked up when that thing is coming up."

Paris then scratched her ombre hair as she stood up, "I better get going. Also, here's a lollipop Seven."

Seven glared at the nurse and the lollipop, "I'm not a kid."

"It's a prize. For breaking the most injuries sustained in a month award or something. Welp, catch 'ya later guys." Paris said as she teleported away before Seven can even reach her.

I looked at the bright red yummy lollipop, "You know, I can have it if you want."

Seeing me craving for the lollipop, Seven shook his head in amusement before handing it to me.

"Here."

I happily accepted it and ate it. I gave Seven my thanks as I watch the rest of the group hurriedly ran towards Seven.

"Is everything alright?" Shade asked as he looked around.

"Everything is fine now. The nurse came, Seven is already healed and I got my lollipop. And a happily ever after it is." I said trying to ease up the mood.

The guys looked stiff and worried hearing their friend sustained another injury which dampened the mood. So I tried brightening it up a bit.

I guess it worked as the others looked at ease after hearing my statement while some tried to contain themselves from chuckling.

"Well, lets get back to training." Grey said as each of them exited the room.

I was about to get up and also exit the room to start my training when Seven suddenly held my hand.

"Hey, Amber." he said almost in a whisper. His head is lowered so I couldn't see his expression.

"Yeah?"

"Between me and Zero, who is better?"

I froze because of his question. 'Something triggered him for sure. He wouldn't act like this if nothing happened.' I thought.

This question is the same as the one he asked the heroine. The settings changed although the question is still the same. In the game, he only asked one person this question, and that is the heroine.

So the game really now changed, huh. Even I couldn't predict now what would happen next.

I paused for a bit trying to rack my brain to remember this kind of scene in the game. The heroine only has three options to this question. It's either she answer:

A.) Zero is better and explains why

B.) Seven is better and explains why

C.) Just stay silent.

If she choose Zero, then that would definitely lead to a bad end. If she stays silent, there's a fifty percent chance of having the bad and good end. And if she choose Seven, she can have the good, bad and normal end depends on the situation and her explanation.

Now regarding my situation. My answer is,

"No one is better. I'm not in the right position to just judge the both of you in whose better."

I then went back to my indian seat position again and face Seven directly, "Seven, you know everyone has its own weaknesses and strong points? There are things that you can do that you're older brother, Zero, can't." I said softly as if talking to a child.

"Think of it this way, although Zero is powerful and is above you a few levels, atleast you're not a stalker like him." I grumbled remembering the time at the manor.

"So don't go comparing yourself to him. You're unique. All of us are. Each of us has its own talent and abilities that we only have." I said as I patted his shoulder before standing up.

Seven then looked up at me like a lost child, "You really think so?"

"Yup. So don't you go overboard with your training trying to keep up with Zero." I said trying to cover up my nervousness with a smile.

Now with that answer I couldn't tell if it will lead me to the good, bad or normal end.

"My mind is always filled with the thought of surpassing Zero that I haven't thought of it that way."

"Well, now you do so you better try and fix your relationship with your brother." I said and was about to exit the room when Seven suddenly did something that caught me off guard.

"Thank you Amber. You don't know how happy I am right now." He said as he hugged me tighter. A tear then fell on my face.

Wait, is he crying?

"Hey, are you crying? Did I say something wrong? Was it because I called your older brother a stalker? Okay, i'll take it back eventhough it's true."

Seven shook his head as he try to cover his face, "No. It's not tears, it's sweat."

I pouted, "Liar. I know it's tears because-"

I was cut off when Seven suddenly ruffled my hair, "Don't ruin the moment."

I glared at him. Then after a few momemts of silence,

"And Amber."

"Hm?"

"Thank you. Thank you for the advice. You're the only person who ever told me that. Others would be praising Zero while i'm being compared to him. They wouldn't even bother with my achievements as they only look at my flaws."

"But you're different Amber. You treated the both of us equally. You're not a fake. You're true to yourself that you even went out insulting Zero." He said as he gave me a happy smile.

"You know you could get punished for calling Zero a stalker."

I snorted, "Like I care."

Seven then laughed at my answer.

I smiled. So that's one dark past finally healed. And it's quite easy than I thought it would be. Well, regarding Seven's past is the most easiest among the group.

Now that's one down and many more to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 14.3K 110
To be reborn in a game, and a romance game at that! Amber didn't expect to die from a small illness, only to wake up in one of those japanese romance...
11.9K 447 32
It was Edith's third life. First she was a poor hardworking girl lost under the pressure of work in the modern world of airplanes and computers but t...
6.3K 267 7
After a rookie actress Sara died in a car accident she got reincarnated into a fantasy novel. But the problem is she reincarnated as a villainess who...
206K 8.7K 28
My name is Aika asami, a normal teenage girl who just died from saving an unknown child from being hit by a car assuming that I'm already died, a voi...