XY XX

Oleh AmariOkito

Xenia N'Diaye is that girl, the one with the issues who majors in making the wrong decisions, especially thos... Lebih Banyak

xxEvery WOMANxx
NEW DAWN
CHAPERONE
OPEN OFFICE
MUSICAL CHAIRS
MINION
NIGHTMARE
COFFEE MACHINE
TINA
STUNT WOMAN
LAWNMOWER
LIKE YOU
ALIBI
REMEDY
SECRET
HAIRDO
UNTOUCHABLE
MISCONCEPTION
HARDBALL
SNACK ATTACK
THE CASE OF THE EX
FEVER
MEDICINE
COINCIDENCE
DOOR TO DOOR
THE OATMEAL THEORY
DECENT PSYCHO
PLAGUE
THERE
QUESTION
JUST A DANCE
xyThe WEDDING
CARESS
MOM UNCHAINED
HEAVY
TOM AND JERRY
BEDTIME STORY
OASIS
TESTOSTERONE
JEALOUSY
SISTERS
GIRL TALK
NORMALITY
WHAT LOVERS DO
ROMANCE KNOT
D-DATE
CUSTODY
The KEEPER
ROLLAND GARROS
FEAR OF FALLING
LASAGNA ISSUE
CONFLICT
FEAR OF FLYING
NO PLAY
REASONS WHY
FOX
ROSES
UNRAVEL
KNOTTED LIES
CHOP FOR CHANGE
NO THANK YOU
OPTION
BACK TO ONE
BOOK ME UP
VRAI FRIEND
LEAVING
Woo YOU
TROUBLEMAKER
DRAMA ZONE
ENTANGLED
BYE LOVE
RUNAWAY
CINDERELLA PART II
THE DEAL
RICH MAN'S WORLD
THE CONDITION
AFTERMATH
PHOBIA
SAD STORY
WAKE UP CALL
THE BET
THE MAN
ALL IS LOVE
BLUE
PRINCESS TALE
FAMILY
THE MOMENT
BIRTHS
xxBONUS: Phuket with love

GARDENER

1.6K 156 73
Oleh AmariOkito

"My garden," Mark muttered as he watched Gregory leave the meeting room.

Sophia was pregnant. Mark wasn't ready mentally, but he realized he never would be prepared. The man loved being with Sia; he was proud to have a daughter, contradictory thoughts paced through his mind.

Mark loved Xenia, but she scared him. She was a good girl. The type who didn't drink at the party's to drive the others home. The girl who only had sentimental sex and always there to help. It was he who played dirty with girls. He was a man whore in university.

He and Sophia were alike, both college icons with the same experiences in life. Yet, back then, Ms. Popularity was off-limits. Being with Xenia allowed him to approach the only person Mark saw as his equal. The man used Xenia, and by guilt, he dug his own grave, promising her a world of wonders he had no intention of giving. Even now, Mark hurt Xenia intentionally to return the spite which consumed him.

Sophia was going to have their baby. She was the woman he loved and for whom he left Xenia for years before. Mark wished to spend his life with Sophia. He couldn't allow their idle to end.

If he lost Sophia, all these sacrifices would be in vain. Mark couldn't let the water run dry in his garden. This time Mark had to do things right; that's what he thought when he signed the papers Gregory gave.

XY XX

Later the same day, someone had an unexpected visitor at their doorstep.

Xenia's eyes became slits, "eh, what are you doing here?"

"I had nowhere to go," Sophia answered.

Xenia believed her, for who in their right mind would ring the doorbell of their fiancee's Ex and former Best friend?

Xenia nodded and crossed her arms, "so you decided to come to your fiancé's baby mommas house? Are you out of your god damn mind?"

"Xenia, please, I have no friends, and I'm pregnant."

"What?"

"I'm pregnant, Xenia, and Mark did what you predicted. You were right, and I was wrong, so can you please let me come inside?"

The supposed ecstasy of seeing Sophia suffer didn't come. Instead, Xenia felt overwhelmed by pity, and so she stepped aside to let Sophia inside.

"Aunt Sophia," Sia said, eyes widening in surprise.

Sophia spread her arms, "Hey, aren't you going to give me a hug?"

The little girl's eyes darted from her mother to Sophia. It was one of life's first dilemmas for Sia.

Should she or should she not hug Sophia in front of her mother? That was the question.

A small nod from Xenia gave the little girl the go-ahead.

In Sia's little arms Sophia sobbed.

Xenia rolled her eyes, "eh, don't tear up on my daughter's pajamas, please."

Sophia let go of Sia, who wandered off to her bedroom, and Xenia came to tuck her in bed.

"Aren't you going to ask?" Sophia asked as Xenia entered the living room with covers, "wait a minute, what are these for?"

"You're sleeping on the couch, don't tell me you imagined I'd give or share my bed with you?" Xenia said as she threw the covers next to Sophia.

"But I'm pregnant."

Xenia crossed her arms, "and some women sleep outside in the cold, and they have healthy babies. If you don't want to, you can rent a room in a hotel. I mean, you have the means. Why are you here, anyway?"

"I don't have any other friend. Everyone at works calls me the opportunist ice bitch."

Xenia laughed.

Sophia blinked, "what's so funny?"

Cassie, her forever rival, came to mind, "I know someone you could get along with; you two have the same persona."

"Who?"

"Never mind, so you're pregnant, you say?" Xenia brought the focus back on Sophia, who liked the attention.

"Yes, and Mark says he's not ready."

Both women rolled their eyes in unison.

"So, what do you want to do?" Xenia asked as she helped Sofia open the convertible couch.

"I love him; I swear I can't live without Mark, Xe," tears slid down Sophia's cheek.

"Eh, please don't Xe, me. We are not friends, okay," though Xenia spoke harshly, her heart broke in empathy. She knew what emotional turmoil Sophia was going through and how lost she was feeling.

The silence which crept in the room was thrown out by Xenia, "listen, Sophia, if you love Mark, hold on to him."

"What?" Sophia said in shock.

"You heard me, don't make me repeat. I don't know what you see in Mark or what I saw in him, but I'm sure if you let him go, Mark won't come back. If you love him as you say, then don't do as I did. Mark needs you to reassure him that the birth won't eliminate his life and ambitions. It's something I didn't do because I thought he was fine when he wasn't. Mark needs to feel his part of the project; now get some sleep."

"Wait, Xenia, for all it's worthㅡ."

Xenia sighed, "please, don't, Sophia."

"No," Sophia rushed to grab her hand, "for all it's worth, I'm sorry, I should have been honest with you back in college. I fancied Mark back then, and suddenly he chose you. I guess I got envious over the years."

It was too easy, one event, and Sophia begged for absolution.

"Sophia, you were not alone, okay. Mark played his part too. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that you two are parasites, but I want to get to heaven, and I can't spend life in jail for murdering you two, so get some sleep."

"Xenia."

"What, what, Soㅡphia?" Xenia said as she made big eyes of exasperation at the woman who held her back.

"I'm sorry about the custody issue."

"God, please help me, prevent me from fetching a frying pan and killing this woman," Xenia pleaded while lifting her eyes to her hall's ceiling.

"Xenia, you are saying out loud."

"I know, so sleep with one eye open, Sophia, goodnight," with these words, Xenia dashed to her room, where she collapsed on her bed.

Sophia was pregnant; the news was barely lying in its bed in Xenia's mind.

Xenia pondered a minute and realized it didn't bother her like she always thought it would. Mark's and Sophia's engagement had knocked her out, but here the news sunk in without a struggle.

Perhaps it was because she had let go of the past. Xenia felt freed from her shackles. Though the woman owed it to herself, she knew Gregory played a considerable part. Sophia could keep Mark. Xenia had her lucky number. Xenia wondered what Gregory was doing as she dozed off.

"Xenia, Xenia, wake up. Someone is tapping on the door.

"Agh, who are you?" Xenia yelled as she woke.

"Xe, it's me, Sophia."

Xenia had forgotten about her surprise guest, "oh, eh, open; it's for you. Leave me alone."

"What if it's a serial killer, Xe?"

"Oh, please, Sophia, who has ever heard of a serial killer who knocks on doors. Now get out of my room and open the damn door."

The menacing stare Xenia gave made Sophia believe facing a killer was probably better than confronting a badly woken Xenia.

Sophia left the room and did as asked," who is it?"

"It's me, Sophia."

"Me who?"

"Come on, don't tell me you don't recognize my voice?"

"What if you're a murderer imitating the voice of someone I know?"

"Please, Sophia, it's three in the morning. I don't want to do this."

"I didn't tell you where I was, so how come you're here?"

"Xenia texted me; she told me to come and get my luggage."

"Xenia wouldn't do that."

"But I did," said a voice from behind Sophia, "now open the frigging door and get out my house," Xenia crossed her arms and cocked an eyebrow.

Sophia unlocked the door to find a puppy-faced Mark, "Sophia I'mㅡ," Mark stopped to stare a Xenia, who stood two meters behind Sophia.

Xenia shook her head and left the hallway, letting Mark pursue, "Sophia, I'm a fool, I love you, and I want to lose you, I mean the both of you," Mark said as his eyes roamed on Sophia's stomach, "I got the deal babe, we can make it work. It's justㅡ."

"I know you're scared, but you're a good father for Sia. I swear there isn't anyone else on earth with whom I desire having a baby but you. I love you, Mark."

Mark grabbed Sophia in a hug, "I love you too, babe."

The telenovela worthy scene full of fluff could give one a toothache with the sweetness. Xenia could not bear it any longer.

"Great," Xenia said from behind Sophia," here's your bag Sophia, now adios, bon vent, goodnight.

Xenia shoved Sophia out with her bag, shutting the door.

"Why did you come here?" Mark asked.

"Xenia is the only friend I have," Sophia turned back to look at the shut door. Yes, Xenia was the faithful friend who, despite everything, texted her worst enemy for Sophia's sake.

Mark didn't say a word. Instead, he picked up Sophia's bag, and they headed to the lift," eh, Sophia, did you see the accountㅡ, eh, Xenia's man."

"No, I thought I would, but no, why are you asking?"

"Eh, nothing; how are you feeling?" Mark switched the subject, thinking it was too soon to unleash the Gregory Gate.

"You know what, Xenia, made me sleep on the couch. The couch, can you believe it, babe."

"You're lucky; I imagined you on the kitchen's floor as I drove here."

"Oh, Mark, about Sia's custody, I don'tㅡ."

"I called the lawyer; it's settled."

They left the building and head to the car.

"How, why?"

"Eh, it's a long story," Mark replied as he opened the car door for Sophia to sit.

Mark went round to the driver's side.

"So, tell me, what's with the change of mind?" Sophia asked.

"I met a gardener today."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

694K 24.3K 32
Wattys 2015 Winner - New Adult Romance. Highest ranking in ChickLit - #7. When Beth George runs into an ex-boyfriend who came out to her in high scho...
46.7K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
217K 7.6K 25
Him coming back was all it took to turn her world upside down. Harper Collins is perfectly content with where her life is at. Is it perfect? No. But...
218K 13.2K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...