Dark Side

By talkatyourownrisk

Sophie is a vampire and has been since the 1500s. Her brothers and herself attend a local high school where s... More

Dark Side- Chapter Two
Dark Side- Chapter Three
Dark Side- Chapter Four
Dark Side- Chapter Five
Dark Side- Chapter Six
Dark Side- Chapter Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Eight
Dark Side-Chapter Eight (#2)
Dark Side- Chapter Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Ten
Dark Side- Chapter Eleven
Dark Side- Chapter Twelve
Dark Side- Chapter Thirteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fourteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fifteen
Dark Side- Chapter Sixteen
Dark Side- Chapter Seventeen
Dark Side- Chapter Eighteen
Dark Side- Chapter Nineteen
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty One
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty One
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Four
Dark Side -Chapter Thirty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Forty
Dark Side- Chapter Forty One
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Three
Dark Side- Epilogue

Dark Side - Chapter One

5.4K 41 0
By talkatyourownrisk

My current name is Sophie, Sophie Marks. I am only 17 but can appear to be any age when spoken too. I am a vampire and my brothers and I have grown up together this way. We no longer need to drink blood unless it's to prepare for battle. We stopped a while ago when we all bet each other that we could go without it. My brothers are Darrin and Brian they're twins and about two months younger than me if we're counting from when we started being immortal. These years though our boredom brought us to a local high school were we've been 'learning'. We've gone through this before where we get so bored we decide to take up a new trade. We get A's in every subject each time and we're probably the most memorable students in the schools.

"Time for school Chry." Darrin said walking by my bedroom.

"Yeah let’s go slow poke." Brian echoed.

"You know I'll beat you there anyways." I bragged as I followed them out.

"Yeah right, you got lucky." Brian laughed, as Darrin shook his head.

"What? You totally raced last time too admit it." I poked at Darrin.

"Maybe." He smiled

"Then let's go!" Brian yelled.

"Bring it on." Darrin and I chimed.

We raced in full vampire speed. Letting the wind style our hair like every day. Of course I pulled ahead I've had more experience and more blood cells. My brothers hated that fact too. I always won these races but for some reason they always insisted on racing me again and again. About ten minutes away from the school we stopped and I won. Then we walked the rest of the way and I entered the yard in front of my brothers putting on our usual act. 

"Sophie!" Chloe screeched as she ran up beside me. She's my 'best friend.' Or at least she thinks she is, humans are easy to fool.

"Chloe! Hey how was your weekend?" I asked sweetly.

"Too good, I spent it all with the hon." She sighed.

I rolled my eyes knowing oh too well that the 'hon' was her boyfriend Shaun, "No details please."

"You have a nasty mind Soap, how was your weekend?" She laughed

"Decent spent it with the family." I said. I felt my bothers laugh from behind me at the name Soap. I shot them a dirty look; even if we were acting they were still annoying. The kids here had started calling me that name because the teacher messed up my name once.

    We walked into the school and went straight to our lockers talking about mindless gossip that I already knew. I was just opening my locker when I felt a pair of hands grab my hips and pull me backwards until I hit a chest. I smiled and turned around into Wren. He had always liked me from my first day here, so this year I decided to give him a chance. He had proved to be a good boyfriend so far, but didn't fill a void.

"Hey sweet cheeks." He smiled

"Hey there." I smiled back

He's extremely handsome, for a human of course. He had brown straight hair that was always messy and beautiful blue eyes, his lips were small and his teeth perfect. He was tall but not extremely and was well built. And he always looked at me like I was gold, and I always made his mind race.

She looks so good..... I listened to his thoughts; another good thing about him was he wasn't perverted.

I grabbed his hand and closed my locker, "Let's go get seats for English."

"Deal." He smirked

We walked to the upstairs floor of the school hand-in-hand and I tried to ignore the rude glances from other girls. That’s something I've always hated, girls were so quick to judge me and honestly they're lucky I have a damn good patience level, about half of the girls in this school would be gone if I had it my way. They had an addiction to giving me looks that read 'I've just been shanked by you.' In the immortal world there probably would've been a fight to the death. Sometimes I'm too nice.

"Where do you wanna sit?" Wren asked breaking me from my mental rant.

"Back of the class all the way." I winked.

"Right this way." He laughed as he guided me through the rows of desks.

I sat down in the desk closest to the wall and he sat in the one right beside me. The whole class sat in silence as Mrs. Thern started going on and on about a proper structured paragraph and essay and the presentations coming up soon. Wren slid a piece of folded paper in front of me and I smiled down at it. Picking it up I unfolded it and had to bite back laughter as I read it.

    Mrs. Thern looks hot with the hole in her jeans, eh? He had scrawled across the paper in messy writing

    Stop checking out the teacher man. I wrote back.

    I can't help it; I'm trying to figure out why her loving family didn't tell her.

    Maybe they cut the hole, I wouldn't doubt it.

    Have you seen her kid? Naww he wouldn't do that he's too cute.

    Hey you can't quote me, no fair!

    He was innocent at the time wasn't he?

    Ha ha ha, he still is..... She has a daughter doesn't she?

    Ohhh so it's all the girls fault, I see.

    Good then we're on the same page.

    Yeah, stupid bitch cut a hole in Thern's jeans.

I smacked him lightly in the arm, but started laughing as I noticed the hole he was talking about. It was right in the middle of her jeans just above her butt, and you could probably fit a hand through it. I turned my laugh into a cough as she turned around looking for the guilty party. Wren and I both looked off in different directions acting like nothing happened until she turned around again. We wrote down the note she had started but still chuckled about it as we went. I was surprised the rest of the class hadn't noticed yet, but then again it was kind of lucky that they didn't. Mrs.Thern was a delicate thing and she probably would've cried if the whole class laughed at her. Wren and I still spent the entire class being goofy and probably mildly annoying about it though. I finished my work quickly and sat back relaxing as we made puns and jokes. Then the bell rang and my little piece of happiness was over. I grabbed my books and headed off to art. I always took art every time I was in school. I loved letting the artist inside take control and plus I always got to school my brothers when they took it with me.

Wren grabbed my hand as we walked down the hall, "Meet me outside for lunch today, alright?" He questioned

"Yeah sure, you wanna avoid population today?" I smirked

"No, it's just so damn nice out." He smiled as we passed the big upper floor windows.

He had a point, it was gorgeous outside. I always got nervous going out in the sun though. It wasn't that I would turn to ashes or sparkle but my powers are significantly weaker, and it's not the best feeling. But I smiled and nodded at him letting him know I was excited to go out with him. So I stored my worries in the back of my mind letting the fresh thoughts of anything different come in. We were almost at the art room when Darrin walked in-between us purposely breaking our hands apart. I stuck my tongue out at him and he only laughed back as he ran into the classroom. I smiled up at Wren one last time and kissed him on the cheek before chasing after my brother into the class.

I laughed at him as he sat in one of the stools acting like an innocent person. I hit him in the arm as I sat down beside him and tried to ignore the attention from all the girls in the class he got.

"What was that for?!" He gasped

"Being a crappy actor." I said

"Sorry for breaking up fear factor." He smirked

"Sounds like something a single guy would say." I smirked back.

"Whoa, sorry for not leading on the many girls in the school." He mumbled

"I'm not leading Wren on." I growled

"Yeah you are. You know he's not your soul mate thingy." Darrin pointed out

I shut up as the teacher assigned us our work- we had to make sculptures. I hated how my brothers always used the 'soul mate' thing. I'd never believed in it because it sounds just extraordinarily stupid. We all had our own match; one that we were made for and when you find them there’s an instant connection that almost feels like 'floating on air'. Cheesy right? So far I've never seen or known someone who has found there’s, thus my thinking of why it's a stupid fairytale. I started on my sculpture by making something like a person- a girl to be exact- then just messing around with it.

"That looks stupid." Darrin teased.

"So is your face." I smirked

"Like out of all the billions of statues you've ever made this is the worst." He laughed

"As bad as my tree with a man's head on it?" I pouted

I watched his face as he remembered that sculpture it was probably the funniest thing I've ever done, "Noooo! Don't bring that one back."

"See this one's alright." I smiled

"No it still looks like one of those water benders from Avatar, you know the bald guy that rides on a fluffy thing?" He smiled

"Oh yeah that guy," I paused looking over at his work, "What's yours supposed to be?"

He paused then stiffened trying to come up with a response, "Melting ice cream."

I laughed, "Creative."

I spent the rest of the class perfecting my 'water bender' and laughed as Darrin tried and failed to create something besides melting ice cream. When the bell rang I sighed with relief, and almost ran to my locker. Darrin followed behind me and everyone around us stared like we were going to fight or something.  The grade nine's that crowded the halls all looked up at my brother with awe, it was understandable though he had dark brown hair that was always falling in his face and almost purple eyes, he was tall and well built. It didn't bug me that the girls drooled over him but it bugged me that the boys always looked at me like I was a snack. Wren was waiting at my locker as soon as I got down the stairs I saw him and a smile spread across my face. Darrin made a gagging sound and I laughed.

"How was art?" Wren asked after saying hi to my brother.

"Good, I made a pretty awesome Water Bender. How was math?" I replied stuffing books in my locker

"Boring, I hate equations." He sighed

"What'd you get on the test?" I worried

"Not too bad." He shrugged

"Percent?"

"67." He frowned

Wren's parents were super strict about marks and I felt his pain, "Want me to help you tonight?"

"Please." He pleaded

"Okay my place." I smiled

"Aw, not work all night," Darrin smiled, "see ya later sis."

Wren led me outside to a bench in the shade and we ate lunch in silence as we watched the school. It was a comfortable silence though. Once I was finished eating (which was really just drinking a juice box) I leaned into his chest and closed my eyes finally feeling the effects of the sun. He wrapped his arms around me and we sat like that until he broke the silence.

"My parents are trying to get me to pick collages." He sighed

"Right now? There’s still one year to go." I frowned

"Yeah I know, they want me to be out at collage as soon as I graduate." He frowned back.

"Don't worry about them; they have your best needs in mind." I lied, his parents had never really wanted a child but found themselves stuck with three.

"You think so?" Wren quizzed

"I think so." I smiled

"Thanks babe." He smiled back

I hated lying to him; he was such a gentle person. But his parents were stupid and took advantage of what they had. They were barely home and when they were their heads were filled with nasty thoughts about their own children. The couple was used to the best and only the best, and that’s what they had, they were just too stupid to realise it. The bell rang again and we both let out a long sigh, standing up together we walked back into the school and to my locker.

"See you tonight." Wren smiled

"See ya." I smiled back.

He walked away and I opened my locker with a sigh knowing that there was a brother standing behind me, they always tried to sneak up on me. Stupid boys. I lashed my foot out and hit Brian in the knee and he cursed before falling over. I heard him put his knee back in place and I smiled. Then slammed my locker closed again and turned to face him with an annoyed look and one hand on my hip.

"Harsh." He hissed as he stood

"Suck it up." I smirked

"If you think there’s no pay back you’re so wrong. I hear Wren's over tonight, what's to stop me from having a fun naked party?" He smiled

"First, eww you disgust me. Second, just dislocate one of my body parts and we're even. Oh wait third; if you ever get a girlfriend I'll do the same but worse." I tried

Brian laughed, "Nice try sis. Geography time."

We sat through geography in silence and did our work fast so we could just lean back and listen to other girls in the class gossip. We laughed at their stories and got a billion weird looks but we ignored them. The bell couldn't ring fast enough as I raced Brian out of the class and to French, which unfortunately for everyone else in the class had both me and my brothers in it. Darrin joined us and pulled ahead getting to class first with me on his heels. We sat in the back at a three person desk and ignored the curious stares.

"Soap," Brian and Darrin both whispered, "You-you messed up your hair." They laughed as the nuggyed my head

"Payback, tonight I swear to god, if you thought the knee was shitty just wait." I snapped throwing my hair up into a pony tail.

"Knee?"Darrin looked at Brian

"Dislocated before Geo, back to normal before the teacher could even speak." Brian smirked

"Ciprian! Don't you ever, ever get your knee hurt again! I just can't bare the heartache." Darrin sighed dramatically

"Ambrose! Don't use my real name ever again!" Brian acted back

"Both of ya hush." I said.

Surprisingly they listened, I had to stop the whole 'real name' thing there were so many people listening on, and our real names are so gross. I mean Ciprian? Who names their kid that? Well when we were born it was a hot name but still! I listened as the teacher went on and on about French and she handed out the work sheets quickly then retreated to her desk. I finished early and didn't want to talk to dumb and dumber sitting beside me so I looked over the kids in the class. My eyes found another girl who was finished and sitting starring at Brian. I almost laughed but I didn't want him to see it. So I decided to see what made her stare at us. I stared at her imagining a link between our minds until I finally was into her mind. She was smart, brilliant in fact. But her mind was full of so many other things.

Why is he so cute? Why doesn't he ever notice me? Why am I starring at him?

I bit back laughter; she was really falling for the doofus next to me. I listened to her thoughts for the rest of the class without Brian even noticing me. The class was almost done when I felt it. Another presence in the girls mind. I looked at my brothers through the corner of my eye and they were thumb wrestling. Darrin noticed me and raised his eyebrow but got distracted when Brain pinned his thumb down. I looked back at the girl and found the presence pushing and pushing trying to get me out of her head. I pushed back, who the hell was this? No one else in this room could possibly have the power. The girl put her head down on her desk, obviously feeling the effects of our miny war. The other person pushed harder until finally the connection broke and I fell back in my chair.

"What the heck?" Darrin started

"I don't know." I stopped him as I sat back up.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Brian asked

"Exactly that, I don't know." I shrugged.

We all shared a look and I felt the fear from earlier creep its way back up into my mind. For the rest of French I was full of all these stupid superstitions and made up situations. But I shook my head and I felt a brother grab my hand and it sort of relaxed me.

Tell me.  Darrin started

I was in this girls mind because she was checking out Brian. I started

Me? Damn, I am good looking. Brian interrupted

Anyways; it was normal until I felt someone else there, and when I found it wasn't you or Brian I freaked. Then it started pushing me out trying to break the connection and then Bing bang boom. I finished

Bing bang boom? Darrin commented and they both laughed

Yeah, I know but freaky right? I asked

Super. Darrin smirked, Especially the part about the girl checking out Brian.

I know right?! I laughed

Hey, hey, hey. Which girl was it? Brian said as he surveyed the room

Blondie, short, sits just to the right of us. She really wants you to notice her. I smirked

Oh cool man. She's good lookin' He stated

then go for her. Darrin sighed

Might just.  Brian said

I rolled my eyes at how off topic they got. I just told them about some freaky other presence and they only care about some chick.  The bell rang and we all stood up, and Brian casually walked over to the girl and started talking to her. I laughed and shook my head and followed Darrin out of the room where we leaned against the wall and waited. Brian came out laughing with the girl and we walked behind them.

"My little boy's all grown up." I cooed

"I know it seems like five minutes ago he was single and now he might have a sweetheart." Darrin whined

"What's her name?" I whispered

"Not sure, I'd go with Candace though." He whispered back

"Candace?" I snorted

"Yeah, she looks like one." He defended himself

"Who?" Wren said from behind us

"Brian's mystery date." I smiled

"Oh, yeah defiantly a Candace." He laughed

"Excuse me, miss?" Darrin said poking her on the shoulder, "may I ask your name?"

The girl blushed, "Cassie."

"So close!" Darrin gasped, while we laughed

"Ignore them." Brian told her

"Aww but but bro?" I whined

"No." He answered

I looked up at Wren who laughed because he knew exactly what I was thinking. He gave me a quick high five and I ran forward jumping onto Brian's back. Brian yelled a complaint and I only dug my boney chin into his shoulder in response. Darrin was laughing from what I could hear and so was Cassie. Wren stepped forward and grabbed me by the waist pulling me off him. I didn't complain as he carried me bridal style in his arms.  We were about halfway home when he finally let me go. I laughed as he complained about how sore his arms were. When we got home I noticed Cassie had come the whole way and I winked at Brian when they walked into the living room. Wren and I went into the kitchen and sat down on the black bar stools and laid out all his math work, while the lonely Darrin went up to his room to play some war game or something.  For about three hours Wren and I went over math making sure he got it and was okay with it, I even gave him a surprise test. Then he left and I went straight to my room and peeled off my shoes and socks then went to Darrin’s room to pull him away from the computer. I heard the door close and knew Cassie was gone. Darrin and I ran down the stairs in bare feet and jumped on the couch beside Brian.

"How was it?" I gushed

"Good she's a nice girl." Brian smiled

"You guys kiss?" Darrin pried

"Maybe." Brian blushed

I laughed, "Well come on lover boy, let’s go for a run."

"A run?" Brian arched an eyebrow

"Yeah, Sampson's gonna meet us out back." Darrin confirmed

Brian jumped up and in no time we were out the back door undoing the gate and running full speed through the forest. I loved running in the woods, it was so like home. The only sounds we could hear was our bare feet hitting the squishy forest floor and bouncing us forward until we reached our meeting spot. Sampson one of my brothers oldest friends stood there and smiled as he saw us. He was younger than us with long blonde hair and sculpture like features. What I loved most about him were his eyes. They were a beautiful yellowy- gold color and always sparkled playfully. Sampson joined us as we ran by him, falling in beside me. We ran until dark not saying a word just running our usual path checking for wandering vampires and running the borders of our land. Of course there weren't any vampires to fight and no human to steer clear of it was quiet, eerily quiet, and I hated it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 127 27
Unlike most werewolves Ariel isn't looking forward to meeting her mate. To her, mating would mean giving up her most important possession: her freedo...
57.7K 1.2K 26
Regret is one of the most worst emotion that you could even have. Thinking If you never did this or did that thing would of been different. That's w...
10.8K 244 12
sarah is about to tell her best friend alex that she is in love with him but then he has terrible news that he's leaving to go back home in romania t...
124K 3.2K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...