2 Fates, 1 Love

By RoseNiji

The Goldstein family is one of the most well-known family in Gedonelune. There is a contest called "The Lady... More

Progolue
Chapter 1 - A bad or a good impression?
Chapter 2 - A sudden reversal
Chapter 3 - Getting dressed up! A disaster at the dining room!
Chapter 4 - First lesson to be a Lady ~ Walking on high heels!
Chapter 5 - Second lesson to be a Lady ~ Lunch time!
Chapter 6 - It's tea time!
Chapter 7 - A Gentle Treatment
Chapter 8 - Traditional Lessons (Nightmare)
Author's POV
Chapter 9 - Klaus' Jealousy?
Chapter 10 - The Ignition
Chapter 11 - Injured
Chapter 13 - Passionate Love
Author's POV (2)
Chapter 14 - Confession
Chapter 15 - Returning Home
Chapter 16 - Klaus' Punishment
Chapter 17 - An Unexpected Gift
Extra - Elias' Punishment (?)
Extra 2 - An Idle Chat with Amelia
Chapter 18 - The Lady Contest & The Unexpected Guest
Chapter 19 - "Love"
Chapter 20 - Mistake
Chapter 21 - Reservation and A Terrifying Plot
Chapter 22 - The Final Round
Final Chapter - Secret Revealing and An Eternal Love
Author's POV (3)

Chapter 12 - A Trip With Klaus

221 11 1
By RoseNiji

- Date XX/ Month YY/ Year 20ZZ -
Liz lost her consciousness when she was pushed down the staircase. The next morning, Liz slowly regained her senses as she opened her eyes, only to find a familiar ceiling.

Liz: ..Ugh... This is....my room..?

Liz's body felt heavy as a weight was on top of her. She tried to move but it failed. She could barely feel anything expect a warmth coming from her left hand while laying on the bed.

Liz: (..Why am I here?.. What happened?...)

Liz searched her memory for what had happened.

Liz: (Ah...that's right.. I remembered being pushed by someone...)

Liz rolled her eyes around the room amd found a familiar figure laying next to her.

Liz: (....Huh...? Klaus...? What's he doing here?...)

Klaus was sitting on a chair next to her bed while resting his head on the bed, his hand was holding Liz's hand tightly. Klaus breath softly as he his eyes was closed.
Liz was surprised to see Klaus at first but then she grew cozy and warm inside.

Liz: (Has he been here all this time..?)

Liz rolled over and gently stroked his hair. Suddenly, Klaus grabbed her hand and opened his eyes.

Liz: K-Klaus??

Then he sat up and and leaned closer to Liz's face, which made Liz startled.

Klaus: Are you okay? Do you feel hurt anywhere?

Liz: N-No...I'm fine..

Klaus: ...Good.

Klaus suddenly pulled Liz into his arms and embraced her tightly.

Liz: K-Klaus!

Liz tried to push him away but she noticed that the way he embraced her was so gentle but tight, as if he was holding a treasure. Klaus' shoulders also trembled a little.

Klaus: I thought my heart would give out when I heard that you fell down the stairs from Elias... Luckily, the doctor said that you only twisted your ankle.

Liz: Klaus...

Klaus: ...Honestly..don't scare me like that.

Liz: *chuckle* I'm sorry to have made you worried...

Liz wrapped her arms around his back to return his kindness. Then he moved away from Liz peered into her eyes. He careess her cheek as he moved his face closer to Liz's.

Liz: !!

Just as their lips were about to touch, Liz turned her head away and changed the subject.

Liz: T-That's right Klaus! D-Did you take care of me all night?

Klaus: ..... Yes, I did.

Klaus stood up and fixed his clothes. Liz's heart was still beating so fast that it could burst out any moment.

Liz: (..W-Was he trying to....?)

Klaus: ...Liz? Liz!

Liz: A-Ah yes!? S-Sorry, I wasn't listening...

Klaus: *sigh* Can you walk?

Liz: I'm not sure... Let me try.

Liz put her legs down onto the floor and tried to stand up. But she soon sat back down because of the pain.

Liz: Ow...

Liz: *sigh* I guess I won't be able to walk on my own..

Klaus: Here.

Klaus offered his hand.

Liz: Thanks.

Liz took his hand and let him help her stand up. Then, she noticed that several suitcases were placed near the door.

Klaus: Take those. We're going.

Butlers: Yes, sir.

The butlers started bringing them away as Klaus commanded.

Liz: Umm....Klaus?

Klaus: What?

Liz: What are those suitcases for?

Klaus: Isn't it obvious? We're going on a trip.

Liz: E-Ehhh?!

........

In the VIP room of a train...

Liz: *sigh* I can't believe it.

Liz was staring outside the window as the train went, while Klaus was reading a book.

Klaus: What?

Liz: Well...your father and mother went ahead and arranged a vacation, just to make time for my recovery. I thought we don't have much free time to do this?

Klaus: Your health comes first. You can't do anything with that ankle.

Liz: Right..I understand that. But...

Klaus: But what?

Klaus moved his eyes from the book and looked at Liz.

Liz: N-Nothing at all...haha. It's nice having a break for a while!

Liz returned her attention to the scenery outside.

Liz: (Phew...it's too embarrassing with only me and Klaus going on this trip..)

Klaus: ....

As Klaus was staring at Liz, he recalled the conversation he had with his parents and Elias when Liz was unconscious.

~ Flashback ~

At Walter's office, Klaus' parents, Klaus and Elias was gathered inside the room. All the maids and butlers was told to leave the room.

Walter Goldstein: ...How was Liz?

Klaus: She's fine. The doctor said she only twisted her ankle so she should rest a few days.

Walter Goldstein: Elias, did you say that someone pushed her down?

Klaus: ...What? Elias, is that true?

Elias: ...Yes. But it was so dark and I was focus on cathing Liz so I hardly recognize their face. I'm sorry I wasn't able to catch him..

Walter Goldstein: That's okay, you did your best. More importantly, we need to treat Liz's wound first.

Klaus & Elias' mother: How about letting her go on a trip? We can let her rest while catching that person.

Walter Goldstein: Hmm...good idea. Then it's settled. Klaus, go and arrange a trip with her as soon as possible.

Klaus: I'm going, too?

Klaus & Elias' mother: Of course, we can't possibly let her go alone. You're also worried about her, right?

Klaus: ...I understand. I'll do it now.

Just as Klaus was about to leave the room, Walter called him.

Walter Goldstein: ...Remember Klaus, this trip's purpose is for Liz's recovery while we'll try to catch the culprit here. So make her feel relax and don't say anything that reminds her of that incident.

Klaus: Yes sir. Please excuse me.

Klaus gave a quick bow and then left the room.

~ Flashback ends ~

Klaus quietly looked at Liz's sparkling eyes, humming as she was excited about the trip.

........

After a few hours, they arrived at their destination. Then they got off the train and was taken to a big mansion, yet it was much smaller than the Goldstein Mansion, by their personal car. Standing from it, they could also see the beach.

Liz: Wow!

Klaus: This is Goldsteins personal beach. We often come here at summers--

Liz: Klaus! Look! It's the beach!

As Klaus was explaining, Liz was completely attracted by the beach. Klaus let out a disappointing sigh as he glared coldly at Liz.

Klaus: ...What are you? A kid?

Liz: I can't help it! It's my first time seeing the beach!

Klaus: Is that so...

Klaus suddenly pat Liz on the head.

Klaus: ..I know you're excited but let's save it for later. You nust have been tired after coming a long way.

Liz: Okay!

Then Klaus guided Liz back to their room. After getting changed and having lunch, they decided to go to the beach.
They also changed into their swimsuits. Liz was wearing a two-piece bikini with floral patterns.

Liz: Hurray! I can't believe I'm at the beach!

Liz slowly walked on the silky sand with the help of Klaus. On her face bloomed a very cheerful smile. Then she noticed some seashells near her foot as she walked.

Liz: Ah! Seashells!

Liz bent down and picked up the seashell, then held it to the sun. The seashell sparkled brightly under the sunlight made Liz smiled gently.

Liz: It's so pretty...

Klaus: ...

Liz stood up and pointed towards the sea as she tugged on Klaus' arm.

Liz: Klaus! I want to go the sea!

Klaus: All right.. Stop rushing me.

Klaus reluctantly took her to the sea. The water was high enough to reach Liz's knees. The water was cold as soft waves often hit them, gentle breeze blew through Liz's hair.

Liz: This is so cool! Do you feel so Klaus?

Klaus: ..I don't find anything special. Isn't it the same every year?

Liz: Ugh! Geez Klaus! It's not like you always get the chance to go to the beach! You should have fun too!

Saying that, Liz started scooping some water in her hands and then she splashed it into Klaus.

Liz: Hiya!

Klaus: W-What do you think you're doing!?

Suddenly being attacked by Liz, Klaus was upset but that made Liz bursted into a laugh.

Liz: Ahaha! You're all soaked now!

Klaus: ...Oh?

A mischievous smirk appeared on Klaus' as he splashed water back to Liz.

Liz: Ahh! It's cold!

Klaus: You sure have guts to splash water on me. I hope you're ready for my revenge.

Liz: Yikes!

The devilish smile on Klaus' face, which sent shiver down her spine, made Liz tured around and tried to escape from the death. But her injured ankle prevented her from walking fast, so she got splashed more by Klaus as result.

Liz: Ah Klaus! Stop! It's so cold!

Decided not to run away anymore, Liz turned back and splashed water onto Klaus.

Klaus: ..Oh? Now you've ask for it. *smirk*

Liz: I-I won't give up either!

They ended up splashed water onto each other until the sun set. The beach was filled with their happy laughters.
After having exhausted, they slowly walked along the shore. The sky turned orange as the sun was going down.
Neither of them said a word. They continued enjoying the peaceful moment and the gentle breeze until Liz was the one who spoke first.

Liz: ...Thank you for today, Klaus.

Klaus: Why are you thanking me?

Liz: Because...you must be busy, but you spent your precious time with me all day.

Klaus: ..That's right. You should be thankful.

Liz: Haha... But still, I'm really happy that I got to enjoy this with you Klaus...

Liz smiled at Klaus.

Klaus: ....

Hearing those word, Klaus' blushed a little. But it was hard to noticed due to the orange sunshine. Klaus quickly turned his face away to hide his embarrassment. Seeing that, Liz wonderingly peered into his face.

Liz: Klaus? What's wrong?

Klaus: I-It's nothing!

Flustered, Klaus reached towards Liz's hand and held it tightly.

Liz: K-Klaus?!

Klaus: ...Leave it like this for a while..

Liz: Okay....

Liz returned his grip as they continued walking along the shore. It was not until the sun completely disappeared that they went back to the mansion.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.4K 2.6K 57
(n.) - two people meant to be together; destiny ↳ ❝ [ Yuanfen ] ❞ ━ paul atrei...
669K 12K 35
One event. Twelve ladies. Four challenges. Twenty clues scattered through out the castle. Winner wins the hand of the handsome Prince Derrick, and t...
39.6K 1.2K 33
Two princesses living their own lives, miles away from each other. The older daughter is being taken away from her own family even before she could...
391K 14.2K 56
ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ Killing her father, the General of the Demon Army, was the only way (Y/n)'s best friend and his lover could escape and in doing so, (Y...