College Life

By Xo_lee

Fantasy jones is most known for being a sweet, smart, beautiful, independent girl from a small country town... More

College Life
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 pt. 1
Chapter 13 pt 2
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 pt 1 [SHORT]
Chapter 15 pt 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Side note.
Chapter 21 (short)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (short)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
By the way
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Side Note
Chapter 33

Chapter 30

1.3K 36 3
By Xo_lee

Please excuse my spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. Jay is pictured above  as well.

  Jamie POV

I watched Rich pace back and forth through the room as he acted like my dad. He hadn't said anything yet but the look on his face told it all. I didn't bother to say anything because I knew that wouldn't help so I just waited on him to calm down. He stopped finally and took a seat next to my bedside.

Rich: Jamie how could you be 6 weeks pregnant?

Me: Because me and Ryan had-

Rich: I know that, I'm saying why didn't you use protection? Now I'm about to be a God uncle and shit.

He put his hands over his face and just sat there for a moment. To be honest, I was actually excited for this baby to come. I always imagined having a little me running around. I just didn't expect it to be so early. Although I still had a year left at NYU, I was determined to finish regardless of the obstacles that come. Fantasy came back into the room after getting off the phone with Ryan.

Fantasy: He's on his way now, he just got off work.

I nodded as she sat beside me staring off into space. I could tell she was thinking about what just occurred.

Me: Guys, look... I knew this came sooner than any of us expected. But it's not like I'm putting anything on hold. Now y'all know I hustle everyday for what I want to do. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean that will change, I just have to grind a little harder now.

Rich: We're here for you.

Fantasy: Yeah, if you're happy then that's all that matters. Plus Ryan is a good guy. I know he will be happy.

Me: You think so? I'm nervous to tell him.

Some more minutes passed as we all sat and talked about the future and how I wanted things planned out. Suddenly Ryan came in breathing like he had been running around just to find the room number. He looked at me and smiled, I laughed at how scared he was.

Fantasy: Hey Ryan, nice to see you.

Ryan: Hey Fantasy, same to you.

They exchanged hugs and Ryan went over to dap Rich up.

Rich: Wassup, nice to meet you.

Ryan: Same to you. Now what's going on? You're okay right?

He said to me as he stood over my bed looking me in my eyes. Just looking at the way he cared showed me how he felt about me. Fantasy and Rich left out the room giving us some time to talk. He took my hand in his and sat down, not taking his eyes off me. I didn't know how to tell him because I was so nervous of his reaction.

Me: I passed out at Rich's party because I was lightheaded. It's just been a lot of symptoms lately that I wanted to ignore, but I couldn't. And when the doctor told me what was going on an hour ago, it all made sense.

Ryan: What's wrong baby?

He asked squeezing my hand so hard it hurt. I laughed at how scared he was.

Me: Ryan, I'm 6 weeks pregnant.

He stared blankly at me before a smile appeared on his face. This was the happiest I had seen him before.

Ryan: Y-you mean like, we're having a baby? Me and you?

Me: Yes baby, me and you.

I saw the tears coming out from the corner of his eyes as he hugged me tightly and wouldn't let go. I laughed at his excitement and felt relieved he was as happy as me. I held him for a moment as he cried into my embrace. Seeing him like this made me tear up as well, in a good way.

Me: I'm glad you're excited. I didn't know how you were going to take it. You know, it's so soon.

Ryan: God doesn't make mistakes Jamie. I love you..

He said as he pecked me on the lips.

Me: I love you too, now stop crying because you're getting my gown wet.

Ryan: So what about school? You still going to go through with it?

Me: Of course, that won't ever change. But I need you to be home more often now, no more working late boo.

Ryan: I won't I promise.

He said caressing my hand.

Ryan: But baby you know what you have to do now.

Me: what's that?

Ryan: Don't you think your mother deserves to know?

I knew this part was coming. My mom and I never had the best relationship and she didn't even know about Ryan, so I knew this was going to shock her. That is, even if she picked up the phone to hear what I had to say. I wasn't looking forward to it but Ryan always tried to talk me into getting on good terms with her again. I knew it was because his mom passed that he wanted me to cherish mine and I can understand that. We just had so much unfinished arguments about her drinking and smoking.

Ryan: And I don't want to hear that she won't pick up the phone, because this time we need to go visit her.

I gave a pout just thinking about it.

Me: But-

Ryan: No buts Jamie it's time y'all settled this out.

Me: You're right.

Fantasy and Rich came back into the room and joined us for a moment.

Fantasy: So?

Fantasy sang as she gave us a big smile.

Ryan: Looks like I'm going to be a father.

Rich patted Ryan on the back, I could tell he was happy for me as well.

Rich POV (The next day)

Jay: Yeah man I just went by your cell the other day and saw that it was empty. I'm happy for you man.

Me: Well you know they can't hold a real one down for too long.

I responded laughing.

Jay: Well I must be one fake ass nigga because I been in here for years. But look, I appreciate you calling and checking up on a nigga. When the guard told me I had a call I didn't know who it was.

Me: You was looking out for me in there and now I gotta look out for you. I'm gone keep calling and visiting until they let you out.

Jay: Speaking of that, they been saying I got a good chance of getting out next month since I haven't been getting in any trouble.

Me: Word? How you feel about that?

I was happy for him. Jay messed up big time out on the streets but being the kind of person he was, he deserved a second chance.

Jay: Well I don't know man. I been in here for a while, this is all I know...

He grew quiet before he spoke again.

Jay: I don't got a home when I get out of here.

Me: Don't worry, imma set something up for you.

Jay: I appreciate that. So before I got to get off this phone, what's going on with you and ya girl?

Me: We doing real good man...real good. It's to the point where I hate hiding the fact that I was selling from her. If she find out then-

Jay: You still on that shit?

Me: No I been stopped.

Jay: Then what you worried about?

Me: My boss can't take shit serious, he want me to stay in this shit forever. It's only a matter of time before he finds out I'm out and starts blowing up my phone.

Jay: Well the more you hide it, the worse it's going to get. Go ahead and tell her. But enough of that you made a decision on shayne?

Me: You mean Shaun?

Jay: yeah him. Have you killed him yet?

Me: I haven't seen him no where. He's off the team and I haven't went by his apartment. It's like he disappeared.

Jay: His name is Shaun Hall right?

Me: Yeah how you know?

Jay: I was lifting the other day and seen on the tv saying Shaun hall was wanted. Apparently it was some type of shoot out involving the police, Shaun, and some other two niggas.

Me: Who was the other guys?

Jay: I forgot.

Me: Jay you can't remember names for nothing.

Jay: Nigga you know I'm not that smart. But anyways the police said they busted down some drug house and got information on Shaun and tracked him down. Then it lead them to those two niggas apartment and apparently Shaun and them had each other at gunpoint. So when the police came all hell broke loose. I'm talking bullets everywhere man, Shaun got away with it and the other guys went to jail. They been looking for Shaun for about a day now.

I looked out the window of my car, staring off into space. I sat and thought about this for a minute, who was those other two dudes? Then suddenly, it came to my head. Shaun had to have went to Dalvin's spot to kill him like Ross had wanted me to do.

Me: That shit is crazy. I gotta look in on this shit.

Jay: Just be smart with your decision. If you run into this nigga you can either carry on and stay out of trouble, or you can put the bullet straight through him. I mean I would just kill the guy, but you got a whole life ahead of you. Just choose wisely. I gotta go, stay safe.

Me: alright man.

I hung up the phone and rested my head back on the car seat. It was like the drama was getting worse when I got out. That meant Ross could be anywhere since the house got busted down. Sighing, I got out the car and walked up the steps to Angie's apartment. I had meant to get here earlier but coach had been killing me with practice since I had so much to catch up on. I knocked on the door 3 times and took a step back. Angie opened the door with a friendly smile.

Me: Wassup Angie.

I said giving her a friendly hug.

Angie: welcome home, Rich. Good to see you.

She let me in and we both made our way to the living room. The place was quiet and all that could be heard was the TV that was lowly playing in the background. She took a seat across from me and just stared at the TV without saying anything.

Me: Where's Charity?

Angie: She's in the crib sleeping.

She said blankly.

Angie: You're here to discuss funeral arrangements as well?

Me: Now Angie you know that's not all I'm here for. I'm here to check on you... you know see if everything is okay. What are you going to do money wise?

Angie: I can't find a job and I can't be at work without someone watching Charity. And before you even think about it Rich, I don't want any of your drug money for me or for the funeral.

She spoke with attitude and tears coming down her face. I knew she was fustrated so I had to be patient.

Me: Angie I don't even do that shit anymore. I'm done. Now Shaun out there doing his own thing, not me. And I also came by to tell you that people on campus have already donated thousands of dollars for the funeral expenses. You just have to go get it.

Angie: Really?...

Me: Yes really.

She was crying so much I didn't think she was paying attention. I pulled out a stack of money I had in my jacket and sat it on the coffee table. She looked at it with disgust.

Angie: I said I don't want your drug-

Me: That's money I saved up for college. After I got full ride scholarship for basketball I had some to save afterwards. But this, you need it more than me.

I got up and decided to head for the door. Maybe it was too soon to show my face. Before I could leave out of the living room Angie called after me.

Angie: Wait Rich, I'm sorry I'm just... I'm so lost. Everyday I wake up and I can't believe that this is reality. He's gone. Now I'm raising her all by myself and it's just so hard. It's like a piece of me is missing and everyone says they know how I feel... but they don't.

Me: I'm going to do everything I can to help you and that baby out. I have nothing but love for Thomas, he looked out for me so I have to with you. You need something, just call me...

Angie: Thank you so much.

Me: I just want to know who could have did this. I'm thinking it's Shaun.

Angie: Well before all of this happened he called and said he was on his way to Ross's place.

Me: What was he doing there?

I said confused. Thomas wouldn't be over there unless it was a reason.

Angie: I have no idea.

Me: Don't worry, I'll find out all this myself.

Fantasy POV

Jamie: Fantasy?

Me: Yes?

Jamie: Do you think I'm moving too fast? You know... with Ryan?

She asked as she drew out some sketches of clothes in her notepad. She sat on the bed as I did Bantu knots for her. She always claimed she could never get the back of her head like I could. I knew Jamie was nervous just by all the questions she was asking. Which was normal.

Me: How do you feel about him?

Jamie: I care about him a lot Fantasy. And when these little girls around campus say I'm with him for money I just want to grab them by their weave and sling they ass. You know I was attracted to him before I found out he has that big house.

I laughed.

Me: I know you aren't with him for money Jamie.

Jamie: But yeah girl, he matches my style. He's hard working, charming, passionate. And you know he's not afraid to show his feelings, he so...mature. Even though he's 3 years older, I'm comfortable with it you know.

Me: Yeah, ever since you got with him you just been smiling from ear to ear. Except when you almost burned down his house.

Jamie: It wasn't his house, it was just the clothes.

We both laughed.

Jamie: I'm just so nervous about all of this. Everything is happening so quick and going so good I'm afraid something bad will happen.

Me: Don't overthink, if you feel a strong way about him then it doesn't matter the rate at which things are going. No one can tell you about your relationship but you. My only advice would be to always use your head. Don't be so in love you get off track of things.

Jamie: I won't girl, I promise! You always coming through Fantasy.

Me: Oh well you know.

I responded smiling. Jamie was on her way to make some big money and she already knew big fashion designers with big brands. I'm so proud of her to sticking to her dream even with the things that come with it. I just hope she won't get any crazier with these symptoms.

Jamie: Girl now I can finally call Ryan my baby daddy!

She said dancing. Rich came in the dorm suddenly with chic fil a in his hand.

Jamie: Oh so just forget the pregnant girl huh?

Rich: I got enough for everybody, grouchy.

He came in and sat the bag down on the bed as Jamie reached over to get some. Rich leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Me: You must be coming from the gym?

Rich: Of course, no days off. I gotta get back right, coach wants me back ready by next Friday for the game.

Jamie: That game is going to be packed then, now I got to get there early to get my seat.

She said munching on waffle fries. Rich looked over at Jamie picked at one of her Bantu knots.

Rich: Why you got Kodak puffs in your hair?

I laughed as Jamie rolled her eyes. I knew it was about to be a long night with these two arguing.

[ a/n: Thanks for being patient guys, don't forget to vote and comment ! Do you guys think Jay has been more loyal to Rich than Shaun ever has? ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 11.1K 39
Danielle Martin isn't a typical girl in high school. She doesn't wear tight clothes or pounds of makeup, she isn't popular and isn't really a big fan...
406K 5.4K 52
Zoey is the captain of the cheer team at her high school who has all the boys begging at her feet. Brody is the quarterback on the high school footba...
1.3K 1 73
After another lost season in the NFL, Scout Ranger is under a lot of pressure. He is tasked by his owner and general manager, who also happens to be...
214K 7.6K 63
The only rules I live by are my own. I never offer a girl more than one night. I never sleep with the same girl twice. And I never sleep with virgins...