Chapter 17

( please excuse my mistakes. Click on picture above for rich )

Rich POV

I plopped down on the couch and scrolled through Instagram, the shooting at the performance had been the talk for the longest. I'm not going to lie, I had been scared for my damn life. I didn't want to get locked up if the police found out I was part of this. I had a career on my hands and a family I want to make proud. I had no time to be in some little boy shit. That's why I'm here at Shaun's place now. He's my brother and I just got to tell him how I feel about this whole thing. My mind has been heavy ever since Ross instructed me to kill Dalvin. What do I look like killing somebody? I sipped on the drink Shaun gave me and watched the news. NYU was still on TV and the reporters were following up into the investigation. I turned the tv up so I could hear what they were saying.

Shaun: it's been a week and they're still talking about it. It's not that big of a deal.

Me: it's not everyday something like this happens on campus. They're looking for Dalvin and the rest of his crew. They seem to have found one of the guys he's associated with but he won't confess.

Shaun: He wants us dead. All because a nigga can't handle that we make more than him.

Me: Ross told me to kill him. He wants him dead himself. I can't do that.

Shaun: why you scared? I thought you was a man.

Me: what you saying I'm a punk? I been wanting that nigga dead but I'll be damn if I kill him. That's somebodies son at the end of the day.

Shaun: you tripping, next time I see that nigga he's gone. Period.

Me: I hope you're right, because Ross said if we can't kill him, he'll kill us. He told me Dalvin has potential to knock the whole business. Ross not playing about this shit.

Shaun didn't look so confident once I said that. He sat on the recliner across from me and looked at the ground. I turned the tv off, tired of hearing the same thing.

Shaun: then if you won't do it, I will. We have to do it together. We are a team. It's not like I haven't killed someone before. Ross tells us to do this all the time.

Me: yeah you're the one that does it. Not me. All this shit is going to catch up to you Shaun. I can't deal with this anymore. I need to get out.

Shaun: out of what? Once you work for Ross you always do. That's just how the game goes. I don't see why you want to leave when we've been making so much money.

He said pointing to the duffle bags he had lined up on the wall. It had to be some way I could change the mess I was in.

Me: I'm not doing it. I'm not killing no one.

Shaun: don't worry cause I will. That's a big check for me. Here, take this. You been stressed lately.

He said passing me the blunt in his hand, I took it with no regret. That was the only thing that sounded good right now. I laid back on the couch and tried to cool down for a minute. I sat up once I realized I was sitting on what seemed like a belly ring. Trinity use to have the same one.

Me: who's is this?

I asked pointing to it. His face grew uneasy before he smiled and laughed it off.

Shaun: that's probably something a girl left here. She's just some random hoe who was down to fuck.

Me: oh yeah? That's weird, Trinity had one like this. That girl has a lot of piercings, and tattoos.

Shaun: uh ye-yeah. She does doesn't she?

Me: the biggest one she had was all those butterflies going up her legs and thighs.