superpowered

By youngdeviant

'with great power comes great responsibility'. Starting a new school where you have no clue what's going on... More

superpowered
Chapter 1~New Year
Chapter 2~Meet and Greet
Chapter 3~ The heist
Chapter 4~ First day
Chapter 5~ Drama in Drama
Chapter 6~ The proposal
Chapter 7~ Fly's boyfriend
Chapter 8~ Cheerleading
Chapter 9~ The secret
Chapter 10~ Costa
Chapter 11~ Taylor and Nash
Chapter 12~ Motionless
Chapter 14~ Tell me!
Chapter 15~ A nice walk
Chapter 16~ THE Taylor Canniff!?
Chapter 17~ Why are we awake?
Chapter 18~ secrets and tours (part 1)
Chapter 18~ secrets and tours (part 2)

Chapter 13~ Awake

458 14 8
By youngdeviant

~~Fly’s POV~~

“I have good news and bad news.”

Oh God. I have had a long and confusing day. There can't be bad news, it will only ruin my day more. The good news better be she is going to be perfectly fine without any flaws and have a palace with one direction in and pet unicorns. And the bad news better be that the cafeteria is out of Brussels sprouts. Otherwise I will keep crying...

“Can we hear the good news first? I think we all need some good news right now.” Chantelle asked. The hot gu- oh I mean, uhh, Thom nodded.

“The good news is that your friend is in a slight coma. But don't worry, we have given her something that will wake her up soon. She will be fine, I promise.”

We all sighed in relief and I was extremely annoyed that the good news wasn't how I imagined it. I really want Zayn...

“Would it be possible to revive her or anything?” Alaska asked from the other side of Ella's bed.

“Yes, it would and you can if you want to.” He replied. There was an awkward silence.

“A-and the bad news” Tyler asked.

“Yeah.” Hazel said.

"Well, I guess you could say that it is bad-ish news." He mumbled he quietly avoiding all of our gazes.

“Well what is it?” I asked impatiently. I want to know but I don't want to know at the same time. I'm contradicting myself figuring out whether I want to hear this or not. But I've already asked the question so I have to hear it now. But I do have the option to block my ears...

Eh, it was coming anyway.

Thom took a deep sigh before looking back at us. Although, it was for a split second before he stared at the floor beneath us.

“Ella... may have lung cancer.” He said slowly. He looked up on the word 'cancer' probably to see our facial reactions.

I couldn't tell if my heart was still beating or it had stopped at the realisation of what he just said.

There was a silence. A very long silence. That was a lot to take in. My best friend might have lung cancer.

After everything I thought he was going to say, I did not think this was an option. I looked over at Ella who was lying right next to me. I wanted to cry again but something inside of me was stopping me.

“I said might. The look on your faces explains it all. I can assure you that we will do the best we possibly can to help your friend.” He assured us.

“How did this happen? The guy hit her on the cheek. I was there to witness so you can't really say anything.” Chantelle asked confused.

“Well it seems that she has had it for a bit now. This hasn't got anything to do with the punch but we did look into her bod with Xray's and other stuff and it did show signs of the cancer. But again I said maybe.”

My breathing got heavier and it felt like the walls were closing in. With each deep breath I felt myself getting weaker. I know he said 'might' but that doesn't stop it from being a possibility. I felt claustrophobic. It was getting harder to breathe.

“Fly, are you okay?” Treacherous asked getting up.

“Yeah, I just need...some...air...” I said before everything went black.

~~Treacherous' POV~~

“Guys, she's waking up.” Chantelle stated making us look in the direction of Fly on a bed. When I say us, I mean me, Chantelle, Tyler, Infinity and Hazel.

The others are staying with Ella in the other room just in case she wakes up. Fly had been put in another room because she fainted. The doctor left making sure she was in a room. She was to leave as soon as she felt like she was able to.

Her eyes were opening slowly. She flinched and shut her eyes again probably at the sudden light and held her hand over her eyes.

“How are you feeling?” Hazel asked her. She made an effort to look at her but ended up looking around the room.

“My head hurts. Why am I in a hospital bed?” She asked looking back at us.

“You fainted and Thom made sure you were okay and brought you to your own room." Chantelle replied. "Do you want some water?” She asked.

“Yeah.”

Chantelle handed her the cup of water on the bedside table. She gulped it down in ten seconds flat before thanking her.

“Where's Ella?” She asked now becoming frantic.

“She is still sleeping in her own room.” I replied. I hope she doesn't remember what Thom said about her. She will probably be sick.

“Oh okay.”

“Do you want to go see her?” Infinity asked. She nodded her head and swung her legs over the side of the furniture. She then hopped off and followed us out the door and to Ella' s room.

We entered the room of the 'sleeping' Ella. Everyone looked at us.

“Your okay!” Lyla squealed and ran up to Fly.

“Yay!” Axel exclaimed. Punching his fists in the air in a celebratory way.

“Anything?” Tyler asked closing the door behind him. Alaska shook her head. We all walked up to her bed and examined her still body.

“How long do you think it will take until she wakes up?” Ever asked. Right now we were crowding around the bed watching her like we had just found a smurf.

I don't know why but I was trying so hard to read her mind. Even though it is impossible to read it while she is knocked out I am curious  to what she would be dreaming of if she is.

“Should I wake her up or what?” Alaska asked. Most of us nodded in reply and we watched her waiting for her to do her specialty. I had only ever seen her do this once before and it’s so awesome and cool the way she does it.

~~Alaska’s POV~~

I took quite a loud but quick breath. I need to try my best here. It’s like everyone was counting on me and it felt like a lot of pressure.

I can do this. This is just like another practise but more serious and someone’s health is on the line. You can do it Alaska.

I placed one of my hands on her chest like how I was taught to do it, and let my aura channel in with hers. It was a very unnatural feeling but never the less it felt thrilling. As weird as it sounds I could feel her lack of energy and that wasn’t very good. Her aura was black. A fading black and I could feel it very painfully and agonisingly slowly fading away. I was not at all sure what that meant but I doubt it was something good.

I started my work on her and channelled some of my energy into her as well as my powers. I could hear talking so I just blocked them out. I needed to focus. I closed my eyes and focused mainly on her aura and energy to see if I was doing the right thing. That had just sent a thrill into my body. Her tone was slowly coming back and a smile crept up to my face because I knew this was working.

Even though my eyes were closed I could still see her aura and how it was returning to normality. I carried on channelling my power into her and I could feel her waking up any second now.

Her glow was nearly full of colour. It was turning back to a usual and healthy shade of amber. I took my hand off of her chest and opened my eyes.

“She should be waking up any second now.” I informed them and we all just watched.”

~~Treacherous’ POV~~

“When do you think she’ll wake up?” Ever asked.

Just then she moved. She moved to the side a bit so she was facing up and her eyes started opening.

“I dunno, about right now.” Axel replied Ever sarcastically looking at an imaginary watch on his wrist.

Her eyes fluttered open trying to adjust to the light that was inflicted suddenly on her eyesight.

“You’re alive!” Infinity praised loudly.

“Of course she's alive.” Fly grumbled quietly.

Ella looked very tired and drowsy. She closed her eyes again and it looked like she was going back but she spoke.

“Why am I here?” Was her first question. We all looked around trying to find someone to tell her. None of us wanted to tell her so we kept looking around awkwardly waiting for someone to speak up.

All of our eyes landed on Fly. She is pretty much a sister to her, so she might as well tell her. Her eyes went bulbous and her thoughts read:

"Why me!?"

Ella had both of her eyes open now, looking at us expectantly. We had no idea what to tell her and we all looked at Fly.

Chantelle started walking backward slowly and I followed her lead. Some more followed as we quietly walked backwards to the door. It was actually quite funny because fly was looking at us like we were crazy.

“Are you serious!?” But she asked as soon as Axel closed the door behind her. It was too late now and she was left with Ella.

~~Alaska’s POV~~

I feel bad that we placed that upon her but it was kind of funny the way we did it though. Axel closed the door in front of him and we all started laughing.

“I feel bad now.” Chantelle said repeating what I thought.

“I know right.” I agreed with her.

“I have no idea how she is going to tell her.” Hazel said.

“How would you tell her though?” Infinity asked no one specifically.

“I didn't have the heart.” Ever said clutching what seemed to be her heart.

“Okay, on a less serious related topic, did anyone see Thom?” Tyler asked. “Like give me a fan !” He said and we laughed.

“I know right. He is HOT.” Infinity commented. Leave it to infinity to say something that blunt.

“He is, isn't he? Like, I would tap that."” Chantelle added making some of us laugh. I giggled a little.

I could tell Axel was getting uncomfortable. Like he couldn't really say anything similar to us because he was definitely not gay or a girl. He was just standing there and if I knew him well enough, he was about to take out his phone and start playing some games.

I watched him waiting for him to do what I know he will do. And in 5...4...3...2...

Axel reached into his Jean pocket and fished out his IPhone and held it.

“Yes!” I whispered loudly earning strange looks from the people around me. Even Axel. “Never mind.” I said looking away from them.

“What time is it?” Chantelle asked.

“Twenty to six. It's nearly dinner time.” Axel replied not taking his eyes off of his screen.

“Thanks.” She thanked him and he said his 'you're welcome' before going back to staying silent.

“How do you think it's going in there?” Chantelle asked pointing to the door behind us.

“Don't know.” Treacherous said.

“Why don't we find out?” Tyler said before pressing his ear to the door.

We all copied and listened in. The first thing we heard was.

“Oh my God. So I just woke up from a coma!?”

~~Fly' s  POV~~

Axel closed the door in front of him with a smug look on his face. Ella sat up straight with her legs hanging off of the edge.

"Well?" She asked waiting. Probably getting impatient.

I sighed.

“Well what do you remember?” I asked her sitting back down on the chair next to the bed.

“Not much. Who are you?” She asked. My heart sank.

I stared at her in utter shock. My eyes were bulbs. My hands were shaking and my mouth probably had smacked the floor. My shaky hands were slowly making their way up to my mouth.

“You d-don't remember m-me?” I stuttered with complete and utter shock and fear leaking from my voice

Megan looked her confused self before cracking up. What?

“You should have seen your face! Of course I remember my bestie! You are Miss Skylar Fly Brooks. Duh!” She laughed. Anger but amusement rushed through me.

“Don't do that! I hate you!” I said while smiling, nearly laughing. I wiped the tear from my eye and walked her lightly with one of my hands on her arm. She kept laughing.

“Anyway, what do you remember?” I asked again and she though hard.

“...we went to Costa coffee... a hot guy came in...”

I laughed.

“Nash.” I corrected her and realisation and a smile took over her face.

“Oh yeah, that's his name.” She said day dreaming. She snapped out of it quickly though and carried on.

“The last thing I remember seeing was... Josh?”

My blood boiled at the sound of his name. The whole scene that happened in Costa replayed in my mind and my fists clenched. I am not a violent person but when it comes to Josh I shall unleash my hidden karate moves. Yeah you got that right! HIYAH!

“Fly? You okay?” Ella asked examining my face. I looked back at her. Suddenly my temper reduced.

“Josh is a fucking idiot. That is his new nickname. No actually, he does not deserve a nickname. That bitch...” I mumbled the last part mostly to myself but loud enough for her to hear.

“What did he do?” She asked.

“He put you in a fucking coma!” I shouted letting the anger inside of me free.

Ella' s face went from confused to sad to puzzled to angry.

“Oh my God. So I just woke up from a coma!?” She shouted standing up. She was a bit wobbly and she was about to fall but I was her support. Because that's what friends are for, support.

“Yup and we are all planning on murdering him. You in?” I asked joking for like 5% of that.  She nodded.

“Yeah. How did I get here?" She asked. "You know, from Costa?”

“Axel drove us here.” I answered her.

“Oh. So am I okay to go?” She asked.

“ I don't think so. One of the doctors should come over and take some more tests or something before you can go.” I said.

“Okay then. Is there anything else I need to know?” She asked smiling. She won't be smiling after this.

I sighed...again.

“There is something else I need to tell you and I am not sure how you will take it.”

 (A/N Pic of Alaska on the side)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 284 22
Highest Ranking- 290 in Action, 547 in Superpowers, 185 in Super These best friends are inseparable, they always work together on their class project...
54K 1.8K 60
My life's amazing, I have great friends, I have loving parents, and I'm in my senior year of high school. I really couldn't have asked for a better l...
621 139 29
Who knew running away from girls would be so difficult ? It's almost impossible when you're in a school mostly made up of girls . "I'm not making fri...
7K 393 34
Eight not so regular teens end up in the same place at the wrong time. They gain super abilities that threaten to turn their lives upside down. And...