Prince of Knights (An Arabic...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritua... More

MUST read if you want to read further :)
Prince of Knights (A Muslim's Love Story)
Prince of Knights Chp1
Prince of Knights Chp3
Prince of Knights Chp4
Prince of Knights Chp5
Here to answer Questions.
Prince of Knights Chp6
Prince of Knights Chp7
Prince of Knights Chp8
20 facts about the Queen.
Prince of Knights Chp9
Prince of Knights Chp10
Prince of Knights Chp11
Prince of Knights Chp12
Prince of Knights Chp13
Prince of Knights Chp14
Prince of Knights Chp15
Prince of Knights Chp16
Prince of Knights Chp17
Prince of Knights Chp18
Prince of Knights Chp19
Prince of Knights Chp20
Prince of Knights Chp21
Prince of Knights Chp22
Prince of Knights Chp23
Prince of Knights Chp24
Prince of Knights Chp25
Prince of Knights Chp26
Prince of Knights Chp27
Final decision
Prince of Kights Chp28
Prince of Knights Chp29
Prince of Knights Chp30
Prince of Knights Chp31
Prince of Knights Chp32
Prince of Knights Chp33
Prince of Knights Chp34
Book Cover!
Prince of Knights Chp35
Prince of Knights Chp36
Prince of Knights Chp37
Prince of Knights Chp38
Prince of Knights Chp39
Prince of Knights Chp40
Prince of Knights Chp41
Prince of Knights Chp42
Eagle of Knights
Prince of Knights Chp43
Prince of Knights Chp44
Prince of Knights Chp45
Prince of Knights Chp46
Nominated for Best Spiritual book
Prince of Knight Chp47
Prince of Knights Chp48
Prince of Knights Chp49
Prince of Knights Chp50
Prince of Knights Chp51
Prince of Knights Chp52
Prince of Knights Chp53
Here to help Muslim Authors
Prince of Knights Chp54
Prince of Knights Chp55
Prince of Knights Chp56
Prince of Knights Chp57
Prince of Knights Chp58

Prince of Knights Chp2

69.7K 3.8K 913
By TheQueenofDarkness

Salam and Hello there readers thank you for all the votes. Insha'Allah you guys will like this chapter.

________________________________________________________

~*~* Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.~*~* Khalil Gibran

"No, father, no ya Sheikh my brother cannot die," screamed Khalid and dismounted his horse. He grasped Salem's shoulders, who looked up at him with teary, despaired eyes.

"Do not interfere, Khalid. My decision has been made. Salem will earn what he deserves." Sheikh Faisal growled his eyes on Khalid who leaped to his feet and glared at the 'Borkans'.

"If you kill him, do you believe this will end here? I will kill you all, by Allah I will." he roared, looking at all of them.

Then spoke a voice, so serene yet so vicious it raised terror in the hearts of the beholders. "Do you believe we shall hold back while you swing your sword?" Raghad moved her gaze from Khalid towards the voice, and her eyes slightly went wide as they stared at the man on Sheikh Mubarak's right. Who had spoken for the first time, giving Raghad an opportunity to notice him?

The man who had enunciated was prepossessing, even more than her brother, Badr. His hair that touched the nape of his neck was vaguely curly. The dark eyes glared at Khalid in such a fierce way Raghad felt terrified. His light beard was exactly the same, black like his hair and exceptionally the beard brought Noor to his handsome face. He was tall, she could tell, but not as broad as the other man. Her eyes then fell on his black sheath, which hung from his right side.

His white horse caught her eye right away; its glossy tail touched dirt and shone under the sun. Realization hit her like a storm that she had been staring at the man for more than few seconds. At once she averted her gaze and looked at her father, who rested his hand on Khalid's shoulder.

"Let this be my son." He rebuked in a gentle yet firm voice. Khalid began to object that was when a man appeared from Badr's side.

A brick dropped in Raghad's belly at the sight of Abu Isa. The muttawa', oldest and wisest man of her tribe. He walked forward slowly and the crowd parted like red sea for him. His back hunched and hands tight on his cane. Abu Isa had a long beard that touched his collarbone, and humane, sage eyes. Those eyes looked at Sheikh Mubarak in sheer accusation.

A silence so acute unrolled around them, even Salem ceased his sobs to raise his head and look at Abu Isa. Khalid strode to grab his hand and support the old man, but Abu Isa held his hand up which halted Khalid in his track. Abu Isa then gazed at Sheikh Mubarak who stared back at him, to Raghad's astonishment in great veneration.

"I was there when Majid killed Saif. I also witnessed the blood bath after that my child. I was among those who decided this treaty between the "Borkans" and 'Al Rashideens" Years, thirty years and yet history is to repeat itself. Do not forget Mubarak, your father slaughtered my Sheikh yet we proclaimed treaty." Abu Isa coughed.

Then with a trembling hand he raised his cane just few inches from earth. "In my life time I shall not grant this collision again. If we can pardon a death of a Sheikh I believe you, Mubarak, can overlook a death of a man. Think my child, this is another war, and a war that I believe will be the destruction of both tribes." Abu Isa stated in a loud voice which was startling for his age.

"Allah yekhaleek , Bu Isa, but this has already been decided." Sheikh Faisal vocalized.

"This is the only possible solution that this matter can be resolved." The big man sneered, indignant. All this time Raghad took note of how Abu Isa looked at Sheikh Mubarak, who seemed lost in his thoughts, or communicated inaudibly with the old man. Raghad only cared that there shall not be another war, no bloodshed. If what Abu Isa said was indeed true her tribe will perish, the mere thought clung in her brain.

At last what seemed like eternity Sheikh Mubarak sighed then focused at Sheikh Faisal;"I cannot allow this matter to be neglected. The man your son annihilated was my nephew. Your son, Salem has left his wife a widow. If I do not act, men from my tribe will," Mubarak affirmed.

Before her father could utter a word Abu Isa spoke. "You have another alternative in front of you, Mubarak, ask for it." The old man attempted to induce and took a step forward. Silence once again engulfed them and Raghad got impatient with every passing second. She disregarded the tears that tickled her cheeks, her thumping heart that beat fast in her bosom.

"A marriage," Sheikh Mubarak proclaimed at last.

"What do you mean?" Sheikh Faisal questioned, brows knit.

"This blood feud can come to an end, the war between our tribes can terminate and I am aware Faisal that you know what I am suggesting." Sheikh Mubarak explained.

Faisal glanced at his son, Salem. Mubarak was right, he knew what his enemy proposed and demanded. If this was the only possibility to redeem bloodshed then he must agree. His tribe's future was in his next words however he still questioned. "Who's marriage?"

Sheikh Mubarak sighed. "Your daughter's hand for my son." as words were spoken Raghad went rigid, her beautiful eyes grew wide and mouth went dry. Daughter, Sheikh Faisal cannot mean Maha, his eight year old daughter, then_!

Hot tears tingled her big eyes and flowed down her cheek, cooled her skin as the water touched her chin. Her heart beat like a rapid, ravenous duff. Al Borkan, their sworn enemies. Raghad bit her lip to stop the sob from threatened to escape. Her brother Salem had killed a man. Salem who was indeed nothing like other humans. He was just a year younger than her. At the age of twenty, Raghad knew her brother was the one and only man on earth who would murder a man for a palm tree. If only Salem was normal like other men, if only he was born with the ability to distinguish wrong from right. If only her beloved brother was not ill.

Raghad surveyed her father, waited for his reply. She knew deep down inside her dearest father will not agree to this ridiculous and absurd proposal. She was his daughter, his Raghad, how can a father agree for his beloved daughter to marry one of the Borkan? Not just a simple merchant, a prince a ruthless, barbaric monster. She loathed them with all her heart, not many years ago the Borkans had disagreed to help her tribe when wheat was needed. They were immoral and Raghad despised them.

Subconsciously Raghad tightened her grip on the fabric of her long gown. "Ya Allah help me!" she whisper pleaded, disregarded her tears and the severe shiver that ran through her form. She eyed her father who inhaled then spoke in such coldness in his voice which Raghad thought was unimaginable for any creature of Allah to possess.

"As you please, now leave!" Words were spoken, fates were written, and people were scandalized. Raghad permitted the sobs to meet air.

Sheikh Mubarak grinned, now he had the upper hand, now he was superior. With that he tugged on the reins of his horse and chaos broke loose. Everyone spun around to Sheikh Faisal. "What have you done, father?" Badr inculpated furious. He stared at his father in outright perplexity. Khalid raised Salem, who looked at Khalid and laughed like a little child.

Raghad could not endure it any longer when sorrow consumed her body and brain she let tears stream down from her eyes. Then she shoved the men that stood around and in front of her away. Raghad ran, she sprinted towards her father. Cold wind blew around her, which caused her shawl to fall and reveal her face. Raghad darted as fast as her feet took her, she disregarded the few of Al Borkan horses who lingered facing her father.  

She neared them, ignorant of dust that swirled around her with the wind. Raghad ignored every man who gaped at her in bewilderment and disregarded the loud thumping of her heart. She came to a screeching halt. "Raghad what on earth are you doing here?" Hollered Badr, in a swift movement he dismounted his horse and the crowd backed away as if ignited with flames.

Badr stood before his sister, whose beautiful face was visible to men, men who did not belong to his tribe. A pang of anxiety lurked from the corners of his heart when he witnessed the tears that trickled down her enchanting eyes. Badr knew she had heard everything. However, he could not comprehend how did she get here?  

"How-how can you do this father? How can you do this to your own daughter?" She sobbed and took a step to her father's horse. That was when Badr's hand enfolded a protective arm around her middle.

"Raghad leave this instant." ordered Sheikh Faisal not looking at his daughter but at someone behind her.

Raghad felt herself shudder from indignation; such rage was unthinkable for her. She was always the calm and collected person but by Allah this moment she felt her brain was numb. She bit hard on her wobbling lip then from the corner of her eyes she saw all horses had departed but a few. She glared at her father who still denied to meet her gaze instead looked at someone behind her. Why was he not looking at her when she talked to him?

Raghad turned around in Badr's arms and her big eyes fell upon the man who she thought was an angel. He averted his cold and stony eyes from her father and looked down at her. When the injurious eyes met hers, Raghad shrank back. She wanted to rotate and blanket herself in Badr's arms.

The man stared at her with nothing but coldness in his eyes. She then recalled that he belonged to Al Borkan. Raghad glared at him with every ounce of fury she possessed, and by Allah, her wrath was the size of a mountain and it petrified her. A short traitor strand of her hair escaped her shawl and bit her eye but she disagreed to blink, something flashed in the man's eyes for a mere second. He glanced at Badr, who glared back at him. The man did not look back at Raghad again, jerked the reins of his horse and followed Sheikh Mubarak.

Badr turned his sister around then enclosed his long arms on her quivering form and allowed her cry. That moment Sheikh Faisal rode away from them towards the tents and left Badr handle his sister, for he was exceedingly despondent. Slowly his men retreated and followed their leader. When everything was clear, with nothing but the cold winter wind and the glorious sun, Badr walked Raghad to the nearby Tanoor. The Tanoor was cold as no one baked at this time of the day. Badr sat his sister on the wall of the Tanoor, searched around for water and soon found a bucket filled with cool water. He dipped his hands then wiped them down Raghad's face to clean her glistening cheeks.

"I_I cannot Badr. Father must understand. I cannot." Sobs racked her body. Raghad could not cease the tears. It was like a vast part of her pious heart was wrecked.

"Habibity ya Raghad, wallahi this was unanticipated for me as well. You are well aware I would have died before letting father make such an insolent decision. Nothing could be done, you witnessed everything. It was either a bloodbath or your hand." Badr explained, knelt in front of her on dirt aware how his thobe adopted a color of brown, then pushed back his cloak which was made of white goat's wool, it was stripped from the center that made it easy for him to hang the left side over his curved knife that he wore on his waist. Badr grabbed Raghad's cold, pale hands in his large ones and rubbed them.

Raghad shook her head violently. "He had many choices ya Badr, he is my father. How can he hurl me in the lion's den so painlessly?" she wept and stared at Badr, commiseration crowded his eyes and that caused her shed even more tears.

"Oh my dearest sister, you know I will do anything for you, but this, by Allah is beyond me. Father has already given his word and no men can persuade him to retake it." Badr stood up, looked down at her. His sister, the one he cherished the most even more than his younger sister Maha. The tears in her eyes were caused by Al Borkan's. At that thought, fury flared through his system. Now all he could do was to make certain whoever Mubarak's son is, is a peaceful Muslim. If not, by Allah Badr will kill him, murder the man with his own hands.

"Come Raghad, let us go inside and see what father has to say." Badr grabbed her arms then frowned at how very weak and limp they were. He grew restless, then gently raised her to her feet, kept his hands on her shoulders and gradually made their way to their tent. The tent was located in the middle of their tribe.

Raghad could not stop it, could not stop the water that pricked her eyes. She lost all the optimism that dangled from a thin thread every second that passed. Her Badr, her knight, who stood by her all the time, could not help her. The issue that distressed her further was that she knew well enough Badr could not. Pique that still lingered in her pure heart desired for her to fight and snatch her right from her father but she was exhausted.

However, she did not lose hope. Their large black tent came into view and she roughly wiped her cheeks and began to walk faster to catch up with Badr. When she met his steps he looked sideways and saw the rage and determined look in her eyes. Badr did not stop her he wanted to provide his sister a chance to change his father's mind. By Allah this was difficult; he knew his father's word was a word no one could change. Not a life taken or a given could.

They entered their wide horizontal tent which was made of fine sheep wool and magnificent handmade rugs were unfolded on the earth. Mattresses with a small height sat on the right of their tent. Many lanterns that hung from the canopied roof were not lit as there was no need for them in the afternoon.

Raghad saw her mother; she sat crossed feet on the rug and Salem's head rested on her lap. Her father sat on the mattress with shoulder sagged in vanquish. Khalid paced apprehensive in front of them. She searched for her sister, Maha and knew at once the eight-year-old was absent playing with her friends.

When her family looked up at her approach, instantly her mother took note of her daughter's heavenly eyes that brimmed with tears. Badr dropped the flap of their tent and watched as Raghad took off her sandals that were neatly made by palm leafs. She then slowly walked up to her father. Badr followed and observed as Raghad took off her shawl and revealed her long, glossy hair, she looked so much like their father and that caused pride to stir like a beast within his chest.

Salem sat straight and giggled, Raghad turned her head to look at him and misery embraced her heart. It was he; because of him, she was sacrificed. Allah knew how greatly she loved Salem, when he had been absent yesterday Raghad prayed for his welfare but now she had to doom her fate for him.

Cloud she be so forgiving and indulgent?

"Before you say anything my child, you must know I will certainly not have a change of mind. You must understand that." Sheikh Faisal began tranquil, in a collected voice.

Raghad felt cold despite the warmth of the tent. "You should have questioned me about that. Surely you are aware that it is a father's obligation to ask their daughter." Raghad hissed her voice trembled with outrage.

"You know well enough that there was not enough time and a single chance for me to consider this matter with you. Raghad, you already committed a mistake by coming there. I suggest you remain silent now." Faisal looked away from his daughter. He could not look at her when she wholeheartedly accused him for demolishing her life. If only she knew this killed him, but he had no other choice. It was either a deadly bloodshed or her marriage.

"I cannot remain silent, how can you make such a repulsive decision for me without even consulting it with me?" Raghad cried and stepped forward.

Here Sheikh Faisal stood up and towered over his daughter. He glared down at her and witnessed a flash of fear in her eyes but he flourished with pride as to how remarkably she veiled her fear. Her courage made her even more beautiful, yet he gave her away to his sworn enemy's son. "I am your father. I believe Allah has given me the right to make a decision for my own blood," he growled.

Badr saw it. He knew this situation will turn into something everyone shall regret once this was over. Khalid took a step forward and placed his hand on Raghad's shoulder, she jerked away from her brother. "Do not Khalid; he has not ruined your life but mine. You will not live with a monster, I WILL." She screamed at him.

"Raghad doing this will not help you, sister." Khalid stated and folded his thick hands over his chest; his black eyes stared at her. Indeed he was woeful and vexed with his father's choice, but a marriage is far more preferable than a bloodbath.

"Raghad, my dearest, leave this and go to your quarter." Badr proposed, by now he stood next to his father.

Fresh tears stung her eyes and rolled down her eyes, as she looked at everyone. Her mother who shed silent tears sobbed when her eyes clashed with Raghad's. Khalid who had no expressions on his face frowned. Her father, the man she respected the most looked her with frozen eyes. "Leave Raghad. I will talk to father." Badr added desperately. 

"There will be no more talking." Bellowed Sheikh Faisal and turned to face his elder son. Salem hid his face in his mother's neck and Raghad flinched. She could not tolerate it any longer, if her beloved father accepted she live with a Borkan, he was significantly mistaken. She was after all his daughter.

"Very well, the night I shall marry him I will end my life." her voice was hoarse but loud enough for them to hear. Her mother gasped and sobbed harder. Salem stood up and a look crossed his face.

Faisal looked at his daughter and his patience ran out. "You will not do such a thing Raghad." and roared. It was the first time in his life he yelled at his precious treasure, his daughter.

At this Umm Badr stood up as well. Raghad bit her lip then walked away to her quarter. She dropped the flap then sank to her feet and cried her heart out. She knew if she killed herself Allah will punish her and that mere thought of punishment made her skin go numb and goose bumps appeared. All she had was to cry, shed those tears which were her only companion, the tears who cried along with her. Time passed as she wept until her eyes closed and she fell into a dreamless slumber.

_____________________________________________

Hope you guys liked this chapter.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 6.1K 23
Zahra Aziz finds herself in a seemingly blissful relationship with her boyfriend. However, his manipulative ways lead her astray from her family and...
12.2K 591 22
13th century- The Middle East. Her land lays barren as the enemy stand at the doorway of her home. A choice to be made. Marriage or War. Being th...
212K 13.3K 44
Abbas Abdul Rabbani, youngest Prince of Balqaas, is the most wanted bachelor in the city. But after an injury alters his appearance for life, no woma...
830K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...