Catch Me

Oleh sweetdreamer33

After overcoming a traumatic heartbreak as a teenager, Chloe struggled to grow up and establish her career, b... Lebih Banyak

Catch Me
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue

Chapter Two

1.1M 35.6K 4.9K
Oleh sweetdreamer33

Chapter Two

Chloe's eyes widened, a combination of shock and fright. She stared at Iñigo who was smiling mischievously at her with a gleam in his eyes.

"Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh!" Chloe screamed at the top of her lungs, immediately crossing her arms over her breasts and pressing her knees together up to her chin to cover the most private part of her body.

Iñigo was so stunned by her reaction and stepped backward. "Jesus Christ! Be quiet!"

"What are you doing here? Get out!" She shouted at him with embarrassment. Her eyes roamed around the bathroom looking for a towel, a robe or any cloth to cover her naked body.

He opened a nearby drawer and produced a white towel. "Are you looking for this?" He raised one eyebrow and extended the towel towards her.

Chloe looked at the towel and extended her right arm to get it from him. Just when her fingertips touched it, he moved it a few inches away from her.

She gasped and yelled at him. "Give it to me! You bastard! Arrogant, jerk!"

"Whoa...calm down. That's not a very nice thing to say after five years of playing hide and seek with me, huh?"

"I'm not avoiding you, don't flatter yourself. Give me that towel!"

"Yes you were, sweetheart. You want this towel, COME AND GET IT." He said, emphasizing his last four words and dangling the towel with his fingertips in front of her. His eyes lingered on her face.

"You really are a pervert...a maniac...OH! I hate you more for this!"

"Pervert? Maniac? I'm shocked. Your choice of words is getting worse, sweetheart." He shook his head and gave her a crooked smile.

"I'm not your sweetheart!" She looked at him with daggered eyes. "You are really enjoying this. Well, mister, I'm not giving you the satisfaction of seeing me naked, YOU ASSHOLE!"

"Jesus! I can't believe you could utter such a word. Where's the demure, innocent, naive Chloe I once knew? Huh?" He laughed sarcastically, making her angrier.

You shattered her. She wanted to shout at him but prevented herself from appearing so weak in front of him. She remained silent and gave him a piercing look.

"Honey, I've seen you naked before remember? And just a while ago...I savoured your nakedness with my eyes." He said and smirked at her.

"What!? Oh God...I hate you!" In a flash, she stood up and ran to grab the towel in his hand. But he was so fast, he hid the towel at his back and encircled his right arm around her. Chloe's arms were around his waist, trying to reach for the towel behind his back.

"Give it to me, you bastard!" Chloe yelled and felt victorious when her hands got hold of the towel. Just when she pushed him away from her, both of his arms tightened around her. "Let me go." She snapped at him.

He raised one eyebrow and gave her a flirtatious smile. "In a minute."

"What do you mean in a minute? Let me go now!" She said pushing him forcefully.

He finally released her and watched her wrap herself with the small towel. She looked so hot and beautiful in a skimpy towel. Her skin flushed and glimmered from the water. He decided he wouldn't just easily let her go. He had been waiting for this moment to happen.

"What are you doing here?" She asked angrily at him.

"I should be the one asking you that question. What are you doing here in my pad?" He said arrogantly and shifted his feet squarely facing her.

"Wh...at? This is your pad?" She was tongue-tied.

"Yes, MY PAD."

"I...Luis...gave me this room...and..." She said, still feeling confused.

"Stupid boy, he knew I was coming tonight."

"He knew? Oh God!" She went towards the master's bedroom and remembered her luggage was still downstairs. She looked at her dirty clothes on the bed.

She turned around and saw him following her. "Okay! I get it. If you don't mind, I need a little privacy, so I can get dressed and leave. If I had known, I would have never set foot here. Luis failed to inform me that you occupy this room."

She really hated the man. She couldn't believe she was caught in this very awkward situation! For years, she avoided meeting Iñigo. She didn't attend several social events and parties in the past five years for fear of meeting him. She hasn't forgiven him, and the sight of him made her blood boil.

Then she remembered her dream just a while ago. Did he really kiss me? Or was it only a dream? She thought. She bit her lips, until she felt pain. No, I don't think so. It was only a dream for sure.

"You can stay here. I'll use the other room." Iñigo said.

"No thanks. I would be too happy to move to the bunkhouse." Anywhere in the world, as long as I am too far away from you. She wanted to add.

He gave her a crooked smile and said. "You never changed, Chloe, still so spoiled and hardheaded. You can't stay at the bunkhouse with the men. Besides, I don't want your brother or your father accusing me of being a cad."

"Why not? That's what you really are."

He raised an eyebrow and said. "You really hate me."

"No, hate is too subtle to describe what I feel for you, loathe is the most appropriate word. I despise you, and I can't bear being in the same place as you, not even for a single minute." She snapped angrily at him.

He sighed, staring at her intensely.

"I'll get your luggage downstairs, so you can get dressed and take a rest." He said and went out of the master's bedroom.

She was sitting on the king-sized bed with her arms around her. Her heart was pounding, and her face felt hot with anger. She felt like everything that transpired five years ago came back, her confrontation with Iñigo during her sixteenth birthday. The things he said haunted her. You are so clingy...possessive...demanding...I want freedom from you! Her tears started pooling in her eyes, and she was trying so hard not to shed a single tear. She didn't want Iñigo to see her cry now and ever again.

After a minute, Iñigo knocked on the door before he opened it. He saw her sitting on the bed. She was not looking at him when he entered the master's bedroom, totally ignoring him.

She looked so young and beautiful, hugging herself. He wanted to comfort her, protect her, and keep her safe. Something stirred inside him. An uncontrollable feeling that he kept hidden for five years. He didn't like the thought of her ignoring him, avoiding him, and most of all hating him.

"Here's your luggage. You can take a rest now. Don't worry, I won't bother you, even provoke you again. I understand that you can't bear to see me. I'll do my very best to stay out of your way. That's the least that I could do to ease your hatred of me."

She didn't answer him.

He rubbed his hands together and turned towards the door. When he was about to open the door, she stood up and went nearer him.

"Did you kiss me in the tub?" She asked with courage. She wouldn't have peace of mind unless she knew the truth about the kiss, if it was real or just a dream.

He sighed and stared into her eyes. "Yes. I'm sorry...I couldn't help it, you looked so beautiful, and you still affect me so much... I couldn't stop feeling the same way, I... "

Iñigo wasn't able to finish his words. Chloe slapped his face forcefully.

He didn't look stunned or shocked when he stared at her. He was expecting it to happen. He touched his face and said. "I deserve it." Then he was gone. 

This story is now available on YONDER, your next-generation reading app from the Wattpad family.

Join me on YONDER today! Find it now in your app store.

https://yonder.onelink.me/6vpb/46a0c21e

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.6M 50.6K 43
Isla King grew up wealthy, but not as wealthy as Billionaire playboy Arturo Calendri. The family company was being taken over by Arturo's greedy fath...
109K 2.4K 27
Cheating With The Billionaire | Previously Titled HER NEW DADDY . . . The man that I'm falling for is a man that I shouldn't want. The odds a...
49.1K 1.9K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
200K 12.2K 37
[totally unedited and my first time at writing so I hope you guys bear with the flaws and read if you are going to] "I don't know why, but I tend to...