Omerta ||ʙᴏᴏᴋ 1||

By DelightfulLiz

{Book 1 out of 3 in the Omertà series} Mafia: An orgnaized international body of criminals ,operating in Sici... More

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀs ɴᴏᴛᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇxᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ
ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

2.2K 60 1
By DelightfulLiz

I lay in the darkness once again. My mind swirling like the tornado of emotions building up with in me. The blankets pulled over me but they didn't seem to comfort me as I lay there feeling restless.I look over to the alarm seeing it is just past four in the morning.

I grab my phone turning on the flashlight to look for those lovely sleeping pills that just collect dust.

"Ha I found you." I whisper as I twist open the lid popping one into my mouth and swallowing. I settle back into the blankets wrapping my self up as my sleepy eyelids slowly close.

Screams echoed through the house as I was awake. I grabbed by gun and ran into the hallway and it seemed to stretch on forever. I ran into Jack's car themed room, as soon as I entered I saw that blood was splattered on the wall behind his bed.

It was a bright red, it dripped down the wall like wet paint.

I screamed but nothing came out. I ran towards him and there he was dead. His eyes wide open with a bullet straight through his tiny forehead.  I looked down at him as blood oozed all over the bed. I quickly jerk when I see a figure coming from the very corner. I

The dark figure takes a step closer and I'm finally able to see who this person was. Her figure was lit up by the moon light as her eyes looked up at me then down at her gun.

"You're me..." I shakily speak out falling onto Jacks blood bed. She devilishly smirks as she takes steps closer to me.

"He was a problem that I had to take care off..." She lightly whispered sending chills up my spine "but wait you're the problem you're the reason why you're entire family is dead." She hissed out. I crawl back as she lunges towards me but I'm soon off the bed falling into darkness.

Light entered my vision but it was soon stained red. The bodies of everyone I killed laid in front me, Max stood in the middle with his throat slit from ear to ear trying to mumble something out but all that came out of his mouth was blood. My dad standing behind him with his fatal bullet wounds starring at me.

"Murderer." Max screamed out at me with blood falling out of his mouth like if it was a bloody nose.

"Its all your fault!" dad yelled out as he coughed up blood.

I tried screaming again waking myself up from this nightmare but nothing came out. Slowly I feel myself waking up.

I sit up but I'm covered in sweat, my hands shaking, and heart beating faster then speed of light.  Tears rolling down my cheeks as I completely break down. I. feel the pressure of the someone sitting on the bed so I look up to be greeted my jacks concerned face.

"I came to check if you were okay... Why were screaming?"  He said softly as he rubbed his red eyes from lack of sleep with his small hands.

I pushed my hair out of my face and just shook my head sniffling as i wiped my tears away.  It was just one of the many nightmares that haunt me. I've done horrible things that are unspeakable.

I waved for jack to come lay with me and he did. He lay next to me with his cheeky smile.

"Do you miss daddy?" Jack said as his head rested in the pillows of Cole's bed with me.

"Of course I do jack, everyday. He would tell you he's so proud of you for being so strong and that he loves you." I softly spoke to him as he closed his little eyes.  I closed my eyes again but this time wasn't disturbed by nightmares.

If you would've asked the 7 year old me if I wanted siblings I would say I never because I loved all the attention. I was selfish and ungrateful and now I could never imagine my life without my little brother and well Hunter. They've showed me so much and I'm so thankful for it but there was one sibling whom I've never met or seen that was still apart of my family.

The sun beamed into the room and I knew it was time to get up. Jack still lay sound asleep so I let him be and grabbed the laptop off the nightstand and walked to the kitchen.  I placed my laptop on the island and a pot of coffee brewed. I leaned on the island sipping the coffee and looking at everything I had to do to day.

I had to head down to watch over incoming shipments at night which is pretty boring then stock them in the warehouse and ship them out to the dealers all around the country.

I looked at the emails and to my surprise there was an email from Amanda Briers.

"Lets see what she says." i whisper under my breath as i click on the email.

------------------------

Dear Skylar Hayes,

I was not aware of your fathers passing and I'm extremely sorry for your loss. Kane will be able to meet you at your fathers law firm in Manhattan at 2pm like we discussed.  Blankly my son can be an asshole and lacks manners so I apologize in advance.

~ Amanda Briers

-----------------------

2 hours until I see Kane...

1 hour until I see him...

There I stood in front of my fathers' main office that now was under my name along with the rest of the one around the world. This one stood 20 stories high and had people coming in and out of the building constantly. I pulled my ponytail tighter as I walked through the swiveling doors. I fixed the tight white lace spaghetti strap I wore then took a step into the elevator.  People in suits stood next to me holding the their briefcases.

I had never really gone into his law firms before I never knew such a thing could be lavish with marble floorings and a chandelier in the lobby.

The elevator stooped and the doors open on the second floor.  I walked down the hallways that were lined with white glass doors until I reached the end. It was where the main office was and where when my dad wasn't with the mafia he would be here.  The room was large and had glass plains as the back wall and you could look at the city. Stacks of paper filled the room and it had frames of my brothers and me on the shelves.

I smiled but when I turned to my left I saw a guy who was about 5'9 and had piercing hazel eyes and jet-black hair. The tattoos on his hand peaked out of his black leather jacket. I took a step back while I  just studied him.

"So you're the spoiled bitch who is supposedly my sister. I call bullshit cause we don't look alike. How's it like growing up with all the money you want in the palm of your hands?" he spat out as he leaned back into the red leather chair.

I scoffed "Alright shit head cut the act I have important things to do and if you could make this family reunion quick it would be great." I said with a fake smile and rolled my eyes.

"Ouch, so you're not enjoying my company? Girls bend over backwards just to even speak to me so be thankful I wanted to talk to you." He said as he stared at me.

"Look 'CANDY KANE' what the hell do you want?" I asked as I walked around the desk looking at the dust-covered frames.

"Really 'Candy Kane' how unoriginal. You're really stuck up do you know that? But I'm not here for you because I couldn't care less but I want to know more about the infamous Tanner Hayes." He blankly stated. Anger boiled within me as I walked towards him and slapped him hard across the face.

I bent down to where I was eye level with him. "You say one more god damn thing about me or my family I will kill you and you have my word about that." I spat out.

He stood up and grabbed my wrist tightening it like an anaconda constricting its prey.

"L.E.T G.O Kane. You're going to get yourself into deep-water kid. " I said as I pulled my wrist out pushing him back. I was ready to punch him in the face.

"Is it true that our pops got into illegal shit. Rumor has it he was in a gang or something." He said as he walked back towards me.

I laughed, "Wouldn't you like to know" I blankly said.

Kane and I argued for hours and towards the end we just joked around with each other. His personality screamed 'Hayes'.  He was my brother no doubt about it but I wanted it to remain a secret because he cant just waltz in and ruin everything I've worked so hard on. I don't want Cole to find out just yet, but he will eventually because I must honor him with the highest power because at the end of the day he is my boss and I do whatever he wants me to do or say.

I would see him again tomorrow and maybe unravel the secrets of the Hayes bloodline.

-------------------------
Authors note

Kane isn't just a one chapter character you better get used to his remarks because he's not going anywhere ;)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter new one soon. Don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

900 79 23
Book I: Drowning in the Pain (completed) Book II: Silence of the Omertà (ongoing) -------------------------- Omertà /ˌəʊmɛːˈtɑː/ noun (among the Mafi...
15.4K 400 35
You know the feeling when the whole world turns against you? When no one listens to you nor acknowledge you? And then in the end your all alone, well...
478K 15.8K 77
Loving her was like loving an angel, she was too pure for him. Loving him was like loving the Devil, it was wrong. But that didn't stop them from f...
5.3M 30.9K 7
[ PREVIEW ONLY ] He's a criminal. She's hasn't broken a rule in her life. He's Italian. She's American. He's mean. She's nice. He's like coffee, dark...